ImageImage

Game 14 : MEM vs HOU

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 13,790
And1: 8,545
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game 14 : MEM vs HOU 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 5,226
And1: 2,861
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Game 14 : MEM vs HOU 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:40 am

Nice to get a strong win even if it is against probably the worst team in the league.
psman2
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,076
And1: 2,344
Joined: Feb 12, 2016
 

Re: Game 14 : MEM vs HOU 

Post#3 » by psman2 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:06 am

Yep needed to one to build confidence back. Only thing I hate to see is Jenkins restricting Melton's minutes again. He should be getting get 22-25 ever night even with Brooks back.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 5,226
And1: 2,861
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Game 14 : MEM vs HOU 

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:45 pm

psman2 wrote:Yep needed to one to build confidence back. Only thing I hate to see is Jenkins restricting Melton's minutes again. He should be getting get 22-25 ever night even with Brooks back.

Completely agree. I have not loved some of the rotation decisions Jenkins has been making but we will see how it progresses throughout the season. For instance I love Konchar as an 11th/12th guy but he shouldn't get large minutes almost ever like he did for a few games there. I am okay with Ziaire getting time since he needs it to develop.
psman2
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,076
And1: 2,344
Joined: Feb 12, 2016
 

Re: Game 14 : MEM vs HOU 

Post#5 » by psman2 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:35 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:Yep needed to one to build confidence back. Only thing I hate to see is Jenkins restricting Melton's minutes again. He should be getting get 22-25 ever night even with Brooks back.

Completely agree. I have not loved some of the rotation decisions Jenkins has been making but we will see how it progresses throughout the season. For instance I love Konchar as an 11th/12th guy but he shouldn't get large minutes almost ever like he did for a few games there. I am okay with Ziaire getting time since he needs it to develop.


I wonder if practicing with the team and playing 10-15 minutes a game is better for his development and confidence over playing 30+ minutes in the G league. I would think he had enough time with our coaches to see what he needs to work on and should go to G-league for most of the season to see if he can implement it. But maybe not?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 5,226
And1: 2,861
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Game 14 : MEM vs HOU 

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:00 pm

psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:Yep needed to one to build confidence back. Only thing I hate to see is Jenkins restricting Melton's minutes again. He should be getting get 22-25 ever night even with Brooks back.

Completely agree. I have not loved some of the rotation decisions Jenkins has been making but we will see how it progresses throughout the season. For instance I love Konchar as an 11th/12th guy but he shouldn't get large minutes almost ever like he did for a few games there. I am okay with Ziaire getting time since he needs it to develop.


I wonder if practicing with the team and playing 10-15 minutes a game is better for his development and confidence over playing 30+ minutes in the G league. I would think he had enough time with our coaches to see what he needs to work on and should go to G-league for most of the season to see if he can implement it. But maybe not?

I feel like shortish stretches in the g league would be best. Give him a place to freely work on certain aspects of his game while still having time with the Grizz to learn in actual nba games. Like right now with everyone healthy would be a great time for him to get time in the g league and then when an inevitable injury or rest game comes up you bring him back up.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies