Game 82: Memphis vs. Boston

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Game 82: Memphis vs. Boston 

Post#1 » by jman3134 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:08 pm

Did anyone watch this one? Ziaire once again looked promising, Konchar had a triple double, and Santi is developing nicely with the Grizz. Jayson Tatum put this one out of reach shooting something like 11/14 from the field. It was ridiculous.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Game 82: Memphis vs. Boston 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:00 pm

Yeah I caught most of it. Was a lot of fun even though we got our butts kicked. Yeah I like Ziaire a lot and Santi has also had some nice flashes. Our draft looks sooo much better now than it did last offseason ha.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by jman3134 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:44 am

I will eat crow for being outspoken against the Ziaire pick. He is a fun player to cheer for in his development and he is nothing like the player I saw at Stanford for one season.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#4 » by jefe » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:03 pm

Yeah, this was a good one if only to see the young guys and end of the bench guys get some run. Z looks to be actually panning out, and I will also eat some crow - I hated the pick when it was made. Aldama is also showing some development, but, good lord, he has to quit going up soft - it seems to be finally registering with him and hopefully he can add some weight over time, too. Konchar has really developed into a quality rotation player, and Pons clearly has NBA-level athleticism.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:23 pm

I have to eat crow on both picks ha. I talked myself into Ziaire afterwards, but going into the draft he was the one guy in that range I was hoping we'd avoid. He's been great for a raw prospect so far. Santi has shown some flashes and honestly #30 comes with little to no expectations so I can get behind taking a swing on him. At the time and to start the season I really didn't like the pick though.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by jman3134 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:54 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I have to eat crow on both picks ha. I talked myself into Ziaire afterwards, but going into the draft he was the one guy in that range I was hoping we'd avoid. He's been great for a raw prospect so far. Santi has shown some flashes and honestly #30 comes with little to no expectations so I can get behind taking a swing on him. At the time and to start the season I really didn't like the pick though.

I think it was moreso that we gave up extra picks, when Santi probably would have been available, though there was a rumor someone was going to take him early 2nd. He looks good though and he could be a bright spot in a few years. The shooting seems to be there right now.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:23 pm

Z has been decent as advertised. I look for him to continue to improve his game as his career continues to grow. Santi has more growth to do just as Z does. Overall, I can see him being a solid backup who can be reliable on offense more over his defense ala Omri Casspi type of role.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by jman3134 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:34 pm

Watched a re-showing of this one. Fair is fair and game 1 is on Ja imo. We crept back in the game on several occasions and Ja drove into 3 defenders without reversing the ball, hoping to win it himself. When he draws that much help, there are 2 guys open on the wing every time. The re-showing skipped passed the first quarter so I missed Steven Adams' poor play. Just felt that a lot of their rebounds tended to kick back out to the perimeter.

Game 2 adjustment is that we start Kyle Anderson on Towns and run it down their throats every possession. Kyle and Brandon Clarke played excellent game 1's. Clarke should fill in when Towns is out, along with Steven Adams. The truth is that they just match up favorably against our usual starting lineup. Ziaire is going to be really good, but we need to limit his minutes a bit until later in the series. I would opt for Konchar because of his defensive presence.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies