ImageImage

Good Riddance Dillon Brooks

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,472

Good Riddance Dillon Brooks 

Post#1 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 2, 2023 4:35 pm

Just wanted to say, a great start to the Grizz’s offseason with reports/rumors that Dillon Brooks will hit free agency and NOT extended by the Grizzlies.

This useless bum cost the Grizz what would have been a deeper playoff run, so don’t let the door hit you in the a$s on you’re way out.

Core is there and get back the injured guys ready and Memphis should still be a playoff contender.

More maturity and leadership for Morant or ship him too if he’s not committed to the cause.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,814

Re: Good Riddance Dillon Brooks 

Post#2 » by psman2 » Tue May 2, 2023 5:10 pm

Just didn't have it in him to take a step back for the team to take the next step. We needed him to be more of a Tony Allen but he wanted to be a Jamal Crawford. I wish he never had that hot playoff series 3 years ago, I feel like that gave him the encouragement to develop into even more of a chunker which with our other players grown into their roles is the last thing this team needed.

He could have been a long term fixture and played a Tayshaun Prince like role for us for many years to come, but he just bought his hype too much.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 635

Post#3 » by jefe » Fri May 5, 2023 12:36 pm

For as good as a defender as he is, he wore out his welcome with his unrelenting chucking on the offensive end and a prolonged shooting slump. The truly funny thing is that - if you peruse the General Board threads on him - fans of other teams all seem to agree that "if you can get him to buy into a 3-and-D role where he limits himself to corner 3s, he'll be a steal of a pick up next year." LOL, if they only knew .... like that insight hadn't occurred to literally everyone in the Grizz org except Dillon.

I wish him the best going forward, but I'm not sad to see him go. It'll be entertaining when he tries to drop 30+ on us as an opponent, but I know it'll take him at least 35 shots to get there.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,469

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 5, 2023 1:21 pm

Tweet of the day:

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,469

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 5, 2023 1:40 pm

Read on Twitter
aad
Starter
And1: 460

Post#6 » by aad » Fri May 5, 2023 6:59 pm

Pistons probably gonna go after him
psman2
General Manager

Post#7 » by psman2 » Sat May 6, 2023 2:30 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Tweet of the day:

Read on Twitter

What is odd is the angle other teams fans are taking on Dillon. Saying he is annoying and a bad locker room guy. In reality he is a great locker room guy and not many Memphis fans really cared about the trash talking. What we care about is his lack of shooting and unwillingness to take a smaller offensive role. If he shoots 35% from 3 against the Lakers and we likely win that series and all this media noise would have disappeared.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#8 » by VCfor3 » Sat May 6, 2023 4:55 pm

psman2 wrote:

Read on Twitter

What is odd is the angle other teams fans are taking on Dillon. Saying he is annoying and a bad locker room guy. In reality he is a great locker room guy and not many Memphis fans really cared about the trash talking. What we care about is his lack of shooting and unwillingness to take a smaller offensive role. If he shoots 35% from 3 against the Lakers and we likely win that series and all this media noise would have disappeared.

Yep. This was about the on court stuff and not the off court though that didn't help him. He shot us out of too many games even though his defense could be immaculate at times.
psman2
General Manager

Post#9 » by psman2 » Sat May 6, 2023 4:59 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yep. This was about the on court stuff and not the off court though that didn't help him. He shot us out of too many games even though his defense could be immaculate at times.

I just think all the Lebron trash talking stuff really doesn't matter at then end of the day. Brooks could have said nothing all series and if he still performed like he did against the Lakers we are likely still looking to not bring him back.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#10 » by VCfor3 » Sat May 6, 2023 5:04 pm

psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:

I just think all the Lebron trash talking stuff really doesn't matter at then end of the day. Brooks could have said nothing all series and if he still performed like he did against the Lakers we are likely still looking to not bring him back.

Yeah. It sucks because there is a great role player inside Brooks but Jenkins isn't the one who can bring it out. If Brooks limits his shots and just focuses on defense, he'd be awesome for the right team. But instead he wants to be a large part of the offense and it more often than not doesn't work out. It is too late for Jenkins to reel him in. Otherwise he would have by now. I think a new coach is the best bet for him to find his way, which I hope he is able to do because he has done a lot for our team over the years.
psman2
General Manager

Post#11 » by psman2 » Sat May 6, 2023 5:10 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Yep. This was about the on court stuff and not the off court though that didn't help him. He shot us out of too many games even though his defense could be immaculate at times.

Yeah. It sucks because there is a great role player inside Brooks but Jenkins isn't the one who can bring it out. If Brooks limits his shots and just focuses on defense, he'd be awesome for the right team. But instead he wants to be a large part of the offense and it more often than not doesn't work out. It is too late for Jenkins to reel him in. Otherwise he would have by now. I think a new coach is the best bet for him to find his way, which I hope he is able to do because he has done a lot for our team over the years.

I think Brooks really handicapped Jenkins ability to coach this team. I just cannot fathom Jenkins game plan was for Brooks just to chuck up ill-advised shots whenever he wanted. I think Brooks since he has been here from the beginning of Jenkins run felt like he was above the coach.

Next year hopefully Jenkins can show his true coaching chops when he is likely going to have to scramble and adjust a little more without Brooks.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies