ImageImage

Grizz Board Trade Contest (Go Wild with the Trade Machine)

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,545

Grizz Board Trade Contest (Go Wild with the Trade Machine) 

Post#1 » by durden_tyler » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:33 pm

Fire up that ESPN Trade Machine or RealGM Trade Checker, let’s try to make those realistic trades and hope they happen (obviously we’re going to be biased, but let’s try to make it fair for both/all sides )

If a trade actually happens (or similar deal) you’ll get a prize from our Memphis mods! (Just kidding, but hey maybe they’ll send you 0.00000001 bitcoin for your troubles )

No limit of number of trades for everyone, as long as you’re a Grizz fan, you can join and rage against the (trade) machine!

Everyone please also criticize any posted trade proposal— shoot it down and try to see it from the other side/s (again, because we’re going to be biased for Memphis)

(this is one of the most quiet boards in RGM, let’s try to change that starting this offseason)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Re: Grizz Board Trade Contest (Go Wild with the Trade Machine) 

Post#2 » by durden_tyler » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:56 pm

My first entry:

To Memphis:
Siakam + Boucher

To Toronto:
Adams
Clark
Kennard
Aldama
Lofton
2024 FRP

Why for Memphis:

Modern NBA problems require modern NBA solutions. Play Siakam fulltime at PF alongside JJJ, who now plays majority at C. Boucher can be a backup in both frontcourt spots and get a cheap defensive C in free agency though i feel Tillman is enough.

Ja/Smart
Smart/Konchar
Bane/Williams/LaRavia
Siakam/Boucher
JJJ/Tillman

Why for Toronto:
This is on assumption they are on their way to a full rebuild (after they loss FVV in free agency). Aldama, Clarke could be nice longterm projects especially the former. The pick spice it up.

Thoughts?
esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 391

Post#3 » by esvl » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:33 pm

Thoughts? Hm… what about Toronto laughing at this offer…
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by esvl » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:35 pm

Bane + Ziare + Adams + LaRavia for Wagner + Carter
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#5 » by durden_tyler » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:46 pm

esvl wrote:Bane + Ziare + Adams + LaRavia for Wagner + Carter

I thought so to, maybe another FRP solves it, but again Toronto must be on total rebuild mode for them to take it.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#6 » by durden_tyler » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:47 pm

Mo or Franz? Does this work on trade checker?
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by esvl » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:56 pm

durden_tyler wrote:

Mo or Franz? Does this work on trade checker?

Are you kidding. Franz. I have bern using ESPN Trade Machine for many years kid.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by esvl » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:58 pm

durden_tyler wrote:

I thought so to, maybe another FRP solves it, but again Toronto must be on total rebuild mode for them to take it.

No. Siakam is a legitimate star and, therefore, his price equals to the same star back or a top-5 pick.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#9 » by durden_tyler » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:07 pm

esvl wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:

No. Siakam is a legitimate star and, therefore, his price equals to the same star back or a top-5 pick.

Until they lose leverage (which they are since it’s going to be an expiring contract). I know it’s not Beal or Collins level yet, but you’d be surprised what the other teams want if they a) just want to cut salary and get under the tax ans b) go on for a firesale for a rebuild
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by esvl » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:49 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
esvl wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:I thought so to, maybe another FRP solves it, but again Toronto must be on total rebuild mode for them to take it.

Until they lose leverage (which they are since it’s going to be an expiring contract). I know it’s not Beal or Collins level yet, but you’d be surprised what the other teams want if they a) just want to cut salary and get under the tax ans b) go on for a firesale for a rebuild

Dude if you try to sell this logic to Toronto fans, you will get embarrassed.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#11 » by durden_tyler » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:54 pm

esvl wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
esvl wrote:

Sure, that's why i said go wild. Who would have thought Beal can be had for peanuts? Or Collins for scraps? Or that Warriors could unload that ugly Poole contract? What i learned from NBA FA period is... you don't know your GM's plans until you actually see it.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by esvl » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:20 am

durden_tyler wrote:
esvl wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Until they lose leverage (which they are since it’s going to be an expiring contract). I know it’s not Beal or Collins level yet, but you’d be surprised what the other teams want if they a) just want to cut salary and get under the tax ans b) go on for a firesale for a rebuild

Sure, that's why i said go wild. Who would have thought Beal can be had for peanuts? Or Collins for scraps? Or that Warriors could unload that ugly Poole contract? What i learned from NBA FA period is... you don't know your GM's plans until you actually see it.

Dude, you are comparing apples to oranges. Siakam is a legitimate star in his prime, unlike Beal who is an aging defence liability.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#13 » by durden_tyler » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:26 am

esvl wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
esvl wrote:

Dude, you are comparing apples to oranges. Siakam is a legitimate star in his prime, unlike Beal who is an aging defence liability.

Perhaps but it's not like he's a franchise player of Durant or Doncic stature, so i stand by my opinion that he could be had with the right long-term deal. Maybe note from Memphis, since we really don't have young assets and attractive FRPs.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#14 » by durden_tyler » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:39 am

Okay another one, perhaps more realistic but should depend on Suns' aim to go for depth via trading their big man.

Suns receive: Kennard, Clarke, Williams
Grizzlies receive: Ayton

Why for Phoenix: Much needed depth. Clarke is not healthy at the moment, so can be replaced by Adams if Suns want a body they can use immediately (though Adams is oft times hurt too) but latter's veteran leadership should help that Suns team. Williams and Kennard adds to wing depth that will allow them to use Booker and Beal at the PG more.

Why for Memphis: Ayton still has promise but is a traditional big but could fit nicely alongside JJJ. If we are tanking this year (if we struggle the first 25 years) even better, just develop Ayton and the young guys and be better long term.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by esvl » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:24 am

Why are you sending Kennard rather than Adams is my question. Otherwise, it is a fair deal that was posted on TNT a couple of months ago (Adams + Tyus).
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,973

Post#16 » by psman2 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:59 am

durden_tyler wrote:
esvl wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Until they lose leverage (which they are since it’s going to be an expiring contract). I know it’s not Beal or Collins level yet, but you’d be surprised what the other teams want if they a) just want to cut salary and get under the tax ans b) go on for a firesale for a rebuild

Me.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies