[Woj] Adams to Houston

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

[Woj] Adams to Houston 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:48 pm

I hate this with every fiber of my being. We did this to avoid the second tax apron and get some assets, but Adams was an important role player for us. We definitely will be shopping for a center at the deadline and this summer.

Read on Twitter
RingoKid
Junior
And1: 47

Re: [Woj] Adams to Houston 

Post#2 » by RingoKid » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:29 am

VCfor3 wrote:I hate this with every fiber of my being. We did this to avoid the second tax apron and get some assets, but Adams was an important role player for us. We definitely will be shopping for a center at the deadline and this summer.

Read on Twitter

I think the clownshow that is Kleiman and Jenkins did it because Adams made them look bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if Morant wants out before next season too. Jenkins can't do anything for him and without Adams to run interference and collect boards Memphis has no identity.

I can see him at the Pelicans with Zion and B.I more than i can him sticking it out with the bad news bears under Jenkins.

I never thought i'd have to be a Rockets fan. They were my favourite team to irrationally sports hate when Adams was with OKC.
With Dillon and a fully healthy Stevo there they'll have a formidable defense and rebounding advantage, just like Memphis had.

Maybe it's time to fully tank and lose Trip while he still has some value because his game hasn't been the same since Adams went down either. He aint that guy.

And Des is worth a lot to a legit contender not the pretenders Kleiman has put together in this Grizzlies iteration.

Smart will want to go to a contender too. He deserves it. He'd look good in Laker yellow.

I missed those lineups and post game vibes with Morant, Bane, Jackson Jr, Brooks, BC, Tyus , DeMelton, slo-mo, jitty, z-will were great. Those vibes are what I'll remember about Adams time in Memphis.

And so with The Funaki goes my fandom for the Grizz. It was great while it lasted. Stay safe, take care, look out for one another in these crazy times of a mad bad world eating itself alive.

Peace on out wit ya bad selves...
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 377

Post#3 » by esvl » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:01 am

I wouldn’t overstate Adams’ significance. JJJ looks really good at 5. Clarke can play his backup. Aldama will play 5 once his body matures enough. Adams was just one of the role players, while 12.5 TRE is juicy.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:20 am

I will admit that I expected Adams to get traded possibly in the offseason rather than near the trade deadline. It was so sudden like a knee jerk reaction. I can understand the move as it was for financial reasons to keep from going into the second cap apron in the offseason when the salary cap resets. That said, I'm not fully for the move itself. Hopefully it's not the only move the Grizzlies will make as the trade deadline is a few days from this upcoming Thursday. Hopefully it will involve bringing in a suitable center.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies