ImageImage

Grizzlies @ Lakers

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#41 » by cfan79 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Solid effort by Pau

Grizz got screwed by the refs in that final play. Lowry was fouled and the refs apparently had somewhere to go and didn't want to wait for him to take free throws.
stro4swift
Starter
And1: 0

Post#42 » by stro4swift » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Chitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's all that you see in the game???

Gasol 21 pts (10-16) 18 rebs 8 ass 4 blocks...
and you only see Gasol took many jumpers

Warrick 1-5 on Field Goals...
and you see his blocks

Rudy Gay 5-19 on Field Goals and -16 in Lenovo Stat...
but you only see his big shot.

Maybe you have to change your glasses... or buy a pair!!!

Rudy did hit the most important shot for the Grizzlies, even though he played a bad game. He's starting to hit clutch shots, and Memphis needed someone to do that. As for Warrick, well we rarely get to see him block shots so getting 3 in this game was kinda huge to me too.

Most of your post are either praising Pau or bashing Rudy so whatever...
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,827

Post#43 » by Duffman100 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Patterns wrote:I thought Kwame Brown went straight up and Lowry jumped into him.

Agreed. I thought it could have been called either way.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#44 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:37 pm

"Agreed. I thought it could have been called either way."

The no call was incorrect. The replay was conclusive. End of point. It WAS a bad call - which isn't a big deal, except that it's how the game ended and came in on the play following another, equally as bad, call.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#45 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:32 pm

GrizzledGrizzFan wrote:"Agreed. I thought it could have been called either way."

The no call was incorrect. The replay was conclusive. End of point. It WAS a bad call - which isn't a big deal, except that it's how the game ended and came in on the play following another, equally as bad, call.

I think there were many bad calls. Which other equally bad call were you reffering to?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,827

Post#46 » by Duffman100 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:35 pm

GrizzledGrizzFan wrote:"Agreed. I thought it could have been called either way."

I've watched it 10 times, its not conclusive. Its subjective...I see Kwame jumping, almost backwards, with his hands up. Lowry intiated the contact...
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#47 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:40 pm

The previous call was the phantom foul by Rudy on Kwame on the previous play.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#48 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:18 pm

GrizzledGrizzFan wrote:The previous call was the phantom foul by Rudy on Kwame on the previous play.

Oh, I didnt get a good look at it. If there is a video I would like to see it.

I agree with you that there were bad calls last night. I think that carry that Miller did that lead to a 3 pointer + a tech was just as bad as any of them. Terrible refs.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
rag-time4
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#49 » by rag-time4 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:24 am

Chitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's all that you see in the game???

Gasol 21 pts (10-16) 18 rebs 8 ass 4 blocks...
and you only see Gasol took many jumpers

Warrick 1-5 on Field Goals...
and you see his blocks

Rudy Gay 5-19 on Field Goals and -16 in Lenovo Stat...
but you only see his big shot.

What upset me about Gasol's jumpers was that he missed several in a row. After a miss or two I'd like to see him get aggressive, but there was a stretch where he kept firing them up.

I didn't say Rudy had a good game... but you would have to agree his shot at the end of the game was clutch. That's the type of clutch shooting we seldom see from Gasol....

It's all the more special when you figure that Rudy had a poor game. When it counted most, he nailed it. Pau might put up solid numbers in a game but when it comes to the last shot he's choked many times...

As for Warrick going 1-5... that really doesn't mean much to me other than he should have got more shots in the game. He's an excellent scorer. His weakness has long been his defense, so as Stro4 pointed out, 3 blocks from him were really out of the ordinary and nice to see.

His offense is fine if he gets more shots... if he plays aggressive defense like that it will really help his team in the long run.

I've been torturing myself watching these games without Stromile, but when some of the other guys make big plays I have to give them their due. The Griz have been in most of these games but their soft defense without Stromile makes it hard for them to generate momentum. Stromile's defensive presence in the paint often helps the Griz generate big time momentum.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies