ImageImage

An alternative GASOLine

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Grizzfan4liphe
Freshman
And1: 0

An alternative GASOLine 

Post#1 » by Grizzfan4liphe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:22 am

So in this young new year, Pau has averaged over 20 points, over 10 boards, over 5 dimes, over 2 blocks, and shooting over 50% per game. Anyone else notice a return to form for the all-star forward?
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#2 » by dark-child » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:35 pm

His play in the past week really makes it difficult to phathom trading the guy. It does take so much to build around him as every other position has to have a tough guy or defensive stopper to compensate for what he does not do well. All of the burden can not be laid at his feet but it still may be wise for the organization to go in a different direction, but not with the silly offers we get from posters but for something really tangible.

Amare Stoudamire, Joe Johnson, Omeka Okafor, Carlos Boozer, Richard Jefferson.

Something built around the above names, not cap space, or some young might be. The Grizz should not settle for peanuts or that garbage Chicago throws out everyday.
crazy_diamond
Rookie

Post#3 » by crazy_diamond » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:50 pm

dark-child wrote:His play in the past week really makes it difficult to phathom trading the guy. It does take so much to build around him as every other position has to have a tough guy or defensive stopper to compensate for what he does not do well. All of the burden can not be laid at his feet but it still may be wise for the organization to go in a different direction, but not with the silly offers we get from posters but for something really tangible.

Amare Stoudamire, Joe Johnson, Omeka Okafor, Carlos Boozer, Richard Jefferson.

Something built around the above names, not cap space, or some young might be. The Grizz should not settle for peanuts or that garbage Chicago throws out everyday.

suns won
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Re: An alternative GASOLine 

Post#4 » by jefe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Grizzfan4liphe wrote:So in this young new year, Pau has averaged over 20 points, over 10 boards, over 5 dimes, over 2 blocks, and shooting over 50% per game. Anyone else notice a return to form for the all-star forward?

Maybe it's just injuries, but this has seemed like a trend the last few years - other than 05/06 (Pau's best NBA year). I can't help but think that Pau's international play over each and every summer other than 2005 is the root of this phenomenon. It's great that he can produce at this level, but it's not great that it takes him 30-40 games into the NBA season to get to this level.

If I'm wrong in any of this information please correct me.
crazy_diamond
Rookie

Re: An alternative GASOLine 

Post#5 » by crazy_diamond » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:24 pm

jefe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe it's just injuries, but this has seemed like a trend the last few years - other than 05/06 (Pau's best NBA year). I can't help but think that Pau's international play over each and every summer other than 2005 is the root of this phenomenon. It's great that he can produce at this level, but it's not great that it takes him 30-40 games into the NBA season to get to this level.

If I'm wrong in any of this information please correct me.

you
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by dark-child » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:19 pm

Here is the buzz regarding Phoenix and them possibly doing a deal.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... index.html

The names I mentioned previously were to build a deal around not straight deals as in some instance the Grizz will have to offer a little more and in some instances a team will have to offer significantly more.

For Phoenix a deal for Stoudamire, Bell, and Banks for Gasol, Miller, and Navarro, or an agreement to buy out Stoudamire who could then sign there as a free agent.
crazy_diamond
Rookie

Post#7 » by crazy_diamond » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:47 pm

these rumors don
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#8 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Amare, Raja and Banks for Gasol, Miller, Navarro and we buyout Damon - where do the Grizz sign? No way Phoenix does that though :(
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by dark-child » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:31 pm

crazy_diamond wrote:these rumors don
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#10 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:42 pm

OMG - If Amare (& pick?!) for Pau + Hak were only true...

Return to Memphis Grizzlies