ImageImage

Where Dose Rudy Gay End Up????

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Re: Where Dose Rudy Gay End Up???? 

Post#21 » by Downtown » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:41 pm

If the Nets do get Wall then a Gay for Harris sign and trade is at least a very interesting proposition. I'd want a secondary one though involving Conley for Terrence Williams or Chris Douglas Roberts in some sort of a three way deal since the Nets wouldn't have a need for Conley if they have Wall.

For the record though I think the Grizzlies should keep Rudy Gay. I'm just commenting on the interesting aspect of a Gay for Harris deal, especially since I've liked Devin Harris going back to his Mavericks days and I feel that he gets a liitle bit of unfair blame for the Nets poor season. A Harris and Mayo backcourt looks pretty darn good.

But a re-signed Rudy Gay at the average of $10-$11.5mil per season is the way to go. The Grizzlies are already too young and need to keep him rather than go yet again on the youth movement train with one of the high projected college small forwards that should be available in the range where the Grizzlies might be selecting. Maybe the Nets would like the Grizzlies pick straight across for Harris if they get Wall. I've always been in favour of trading draft picks for established playersunless the draft prospect was a no brainer pick like Mayo. But if Memphis ends up in the #5-10 range next June then go for it.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#22 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm down with your line of thought Downtown. I'm just miffed at the folks that are sold on the fact that Rudy is going to walk away from the Grizz with them recouping nothing in return.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#23 » by I Am Awesome-O » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:45 pm

Tillery is pretty adamant about Gay being a Grizzly next year. When asked about the percentage that Rudy is a Griz next year, he replied:

100 percent barring a trade. The Griz will match any offer he receives. Now, if they are presented with a sweet sign-and-trade offer then all bets are off.

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_m ... ments-open

Now, I'm sure the Grizzlies would at the very least be intrigued by a Harris/Gay swap, but I'm pretty sure Heisley is going to do whatever it takes to keep this guy in Memphis.
It_Was_Typed
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#24 » by It_Was_Typed » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:19 pm

No thanks to a Harris-Gay swap.

Harris is a good player, but too much of a gunner for my taste. I wouldn't mind CDR though.
#JuiceIsFree
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,630

Post#25 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:03 am

Gay>Harris. Devin Harris is overrated and he's getting exposed this year. Meanwhile, Rudy Gay is stepping up and increasing his trade value. Memphis will have to get more than that. How about Gay for Harris + CDR.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies