GM a Team: Continue or End?

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Should we end the game after the 2009 season or continue on until 2010

Poll ended at Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:19 am

End the game now after 2009 free agency.
70%
Continue on into the 2009-2010 season.
30%

Total votes: 10

skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

GM a Team: Continue or End? 

Post#1 » by skorff26 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:19 am

r0cd0gg brought something up, he would like to continue until the offseason of 2010. I had assumed that we would be done after 2009 offseason since that is what had always been done; but I thought I would post a poll and see other people's opinions on the matter.
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Re: GM a Team: Continue or End? 

Post#2 » by Gremz » Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:28 am

I'll go with the majority on this one. I really don't mind either way, just as long as there are 30 active GMs.

I'd probably sway towards a new one if i had to make a decision though.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#3 » by deviljets7 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:32 am

I would vote for ending the game now.

I can understand the sentiment for going through the next season, but IMO there are too many variables (how the rookies will play in the NBA and who even declares for the draft for 2010) to make it viable or fair to judge IMO.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,051

Post#4 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:52 am

i agree with deviljets with that they are too many variables i.e the 2010 draft. However i want to see the mayhem for the 2010 off season. i want to see the commissioner dealing with all the max deals, and his explanations on why player X signed on with team A. i say he mess with lebron and send him to like the bucks :)
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/

On the block Monte Morris 40/1
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#5 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:53 am

It was close, but I voted to have it run into next season. I think we all want to see what we can do with the 2010 FA class.

Also, even if we do end the game now, give it a week or 2. People like to make trades after FA.
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#6 » by SamBone » Thu Mar 5, 2009 3:00 am

deviljets7 wrote:I would vote for ending the game now.

I can understand the sentiment for going through the next season, but IMO there are too many variables (how the rookies will play in the NBA and who even declares for the draft for 2010) to make it viable or fair to judge IMO.

As much is I would like to see how it plays out because I like my team, I can not see anyway to know how the new guys would play. Plus it seems like we only have about 15 teams active.

Either way, count me in, plus I would be interested in taking a second team if one is available
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
skflives
Banned User
And1: 281

Post#7 » by skflives » Thu Mar 5, 2009 3:30 am

I say end it. This particular game has already gone on at least 2-3 months longer than it should have in my opinion. I would prefer some resolution. I'll keep going if other people want to but it would be to make sure no one screws with what I have done for the Knicks more than anything. I will not make a single deal.
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#8 » by MJallday59 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 4:46 am

Yeah let's end it now. It's been a nice run..let's wrap it up while everyone is still active
sterncohen
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#9 » by sterncohen » Fri Mar 6, 2009 1:13 am

I vote for ending too. We've now been through a few cycles of this game and I think it works best when we start shortly before the trade deadline. Let's take a break for a few months, and then I'd bet someone will be willing to start another round before the draft, and hopefully we'll get a full slate of active participants.
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#10 » by SamBone » Fri Mar 6, 2009 1:39 am

I say we start up in a few weeks and use the end of the regular season as the trade deadline. Then we could sim the games, see were teams finish and redraft and redue free agency. But I joined late.
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#11 » by Gremz » Fri Mar 6, 2009 1:44 am

SamBone wrote:I say we start up in a few weeks and use the end of the regular season as the trade deadline. Then we could sim the games, see were teams finish and redraft and redue free agency. But I joined late.

Anyone else want the pleasure for next time, or am i to do it again??
calderon13
Pro Prospect
And1: 101

Post#12 » by calderon13 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 1:55 am

END IT. It got very boring especially for me with having a team like Boston where I got the big 3 and I cant rebuild without getting rid of these 3 major assets and actually getting a respectful trade offers.

END IT
Duncanfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#13 » by Duncanfan » Fri Mar 6, 2009 2:33 am

I think we should take a break. and then come back with our original teams 3-4 months later. The returning GM's take the same teams and rosters as they have now. Non-returning GMs' teams will be assigned to new GM's and we go from there. I think that will bring some continuity to the game and will also accomplish the goal of taking a break from the game as a lot of guys have become busy/inactive. I think we should restart the game in June.
skorff26
Analyst

Post#14 » by skorff26 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 1:08 pm

I was hoping for a few more teams to vote; the deadline for the vote will be Friday night at 8:00 PM est
skorff26
Analyst

Post#15 » by skorff26 » Sat Mar 7, 2009 2:42 pm

We will end the game now then; I think that I would like to give 2 weeks for the write-ups. Also, during that 2 week period, teams can still make trades since I know a few teams want to complete their rosters. If you make a trade, you can always go back and edit your write-up.

You will get until Tuesday, March 24 to complete any trades and Wednesday, March 25 to complete your write-up
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#16 » by bryant08 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:40 am

Duncanfan wrote:I think we should take a break. and then come back with our original teams 3-4 months later. The returning GM's take the same teams and rosters as they have now. Non-returning GMs' teams will be assigned to new GM's and we go from there. I think that will bring some continuity to the game and will also accomplish the goal of taking a break from the game as a lot of guys have become busy/inactive. I think we should restart the game in June.

Basically my thoughts exactly, we need a short break, but a lot of people were aiming for 2010 and they should get the option to do so. We do need to declare a winner for the 08-09 season anyways.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#17 » by bcortell » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:00 am

I'm not sure if restarting the game would really be a good idea. I mean how do we decide where the top tier FA go? It'll probably end up getting biased and extremely subjective. Maybe they all just sign extensions this year? .. kidding.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games