Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man
And1: 13

CAT ROUND 1---Dcash4 advances 

Post#1 » by Sports Arsenal » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:18 am

This will be the thread for the round 1 matchup between Bryant08 and Dcash4
The battle of the mod's!
Writeup's will be due Friday.
Once both write up's are in the three judges will vote.
The winners will move on to the next round.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Re: CAT ROUND 1---Bryant08 and Dcash4---Write up's due Friday 

Post#2 » by CellarDoor » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:41 pm

I don't even do write-ups in this one. Whoever DCash's opponent is in 1. 1 quarter that is. The team will be so embarrassed they won't actually play.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#3 » by bryant08 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:18 pm

^Did you forget I'm a mod too? Lifetime ban. ;)
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by Sports Arsenal » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:50 pm

I think he was refering to you in 1 game. Not cash winning... Sounds like he is picking on Cash
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bryant08 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:55 am

lmao my grade 4 reading skills failed me there.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by CellarDoor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:02 am

bryant08 wrote:lmao my grade 4 reading skills failed me there.

Ha...yeah, I meant to say I was picking Cash's opponent in 1. Like, if your team dies in a plane crash en route, then I'm going with your team still.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,166

Post#7 » by dockingsched » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:27 am

shenanigans
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#8 » by VintaGe36 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:16 am

Cellardoor in 3 games...

o wait.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by CellarDoor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Might've been if we had judges last time around!
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Sports Arsenal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:00 am

Wow, are the 2 mods having a battle to see who can wait the longest to enter their write up. Don't worry Bryant, he did the same thing to me in BaNT. lol JK
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by bryant08 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:00 am

Urine Trouble

Head Coach: Rick Adelman - an experienced coach who lets his players play. The freedom he'll give to some of our stars should be able to give this team some great success offensively. He's coached teams with more then one star, and has led teams without superstars to great success. His strong suit is building around his players' strengths and he's got plenty to build around with this current roster. He knows Yao Ming pretty well too.

Assistant Coach: Rick Carlisle - I brought in Carlisle because first, he's a great developer of talent and can help Chris Paul reach his max potential sooner, and second because he's a stat-buff and can help the team get mentally prepared for games.

Assistant Coach: Mike Brown - defense. Brown has been known to get the best out of his players defensively, and with guys in Aldridge/Butler/VC who have great physical tools, Brown should be able to help them improve their defensive games to a level where this team can compete with the best of them. I mean look at what he's done with some of the players on the Cavs. Plus, you add a bench full of talented defenders, and Brown will now exactly how to utilize them.

GM: bryant08 - Genius.

Starters:
C Kendrick Perkins
PF LaMarcus Aldridge
SF Caron Butler
SG Vince Carter
PG Chris Paul

Bench:
C/PF Antonio McDyess
C Rasho Nesterovic
SF/PF Andrei Kirilenko
PG/SG Rudy Fernandez
SF/PF Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
PG/SG Leandro Barbosa
PG Ramon Sessions

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

General Team Outlook:
My squad's offensive system is quite simple. Chris Paul as the facilitator, LaMarcus Aldridge as the pick and roll threat, Vince Carter to spread the floor, Caron Butler as the mid range shooter/penetrator, and Perkins to the dirty work. Our talent speaks for itself. Off the bench, talented offensive players like Barbosa/Sessions/Fernandez are key, and fantastic defensive players like Kirilenko/Rasho will see plenty of minutes in a major playoff series like this. We hope to be a tough team defensively, so AK/Paul and others will be seeing lots of the floor.

Match-up:

Perkins (28) - Nesterovic (10) - McDyess (10)
Aldridge (30) - Kirilenko (14) - McDyess (4)
Butler (28) - Kirilenko (20) - Mbah a Moute
Carter (33) - Barbosa (10) - Fernandez (5)
Paul (38) - Sessions (10)

vs.

Yao/Thomas/Bynum
Camby/Scola
Granger/Nocioni
Battier/Ginobili
Ellis/Calderon/Chalmers

head coach: byron scott 5 mil
asst. coach: jeff van gundy 2 mi
asst. coach: jim o'brien 0.5 mil

Urine Trouble is going to exploit the hefty hippopotamuses' weaker players, and specifically traits about their defense. Chris Paul has torn apart Ellis in their career meetings so far (6-4 record, 23 points, 10 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 48% FG/36% 3PT vs. Ellis's 16 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal off 49% FG), so that's where this series really comes down to for my squad. You'll see A LOT of AK out on the floor guarding Granger on the perimeter. Yao is really what I believe the opposition needs to win this series. But he's up against two tough post defenders in Rasho/Perkins, who he has had little success against. He's averaged 16 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, <1 block, 53% FG head to head against Perkins in 7 meetings, and 18 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 49% FG head to head against Rasho. I think Yao can get some of my bigs in trouble in at least one game, and perhaps Granger's chucking will save the opposition a game. Urine Trouble in a maximum of 6 games.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by dockingsched » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:50 am

head coach: byron scott
assistant coach: jeff van gundy
assistant coach; jim o'brien

ImageImage

offense: ellis will keep paul from wandering off by keeping the pressure on with his ability to attack the basket. granger and ginobili will have the ball in their hands while they are in the game, usually next to battier, occasionally together where they can spread the floor beautifully for yao ming. yao ming will be the main scoring option, using his shooters like granger, manu, battier, nocioni, calderon, chalmers and midrange shooters like scola and thomas to give him the space needed to go to work. when yao is on the bench, bynum will come in and score in the paint against a rather undersized backup center. rasho is tall enough, but not nearly big enough to keep bynum from getting his 18ppg on 70% shooting he's done this season against him.

defense: defensively, manu/battier/granger on the wings with camby/yao/scola/thomas/bynum up front has no weakness. i believe that combination puts me near the top of this game. the only concern is chris paul, who obviously will require a team effort. as quoted by my opponent, paul shoots 48% against ellis, which is below is season average. considering the defense that the warriors put around ellis, thats pretty good. backing up ellis is one of the better pg defenders in chalmers. when coming into the paint, paul will be met by elite shot blocking yao/camby/bynum. when running around the court, great wing defenders in manu, granger, battier will know when to help.

coach: byron knows chris paul. jeff van gundy knows defense.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#13 » by bcortell » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:17 am

I vote Dcash's write-up doesn't count since it is past Friday and we have to go on the assumption that his team has no game plan. :)
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by dockingsched » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:28 am

lol, i rushed home just so i could get it up. i still have like 1.5 hrs to tweak it!
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Sports Arsenal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Alright guys the voting period has begun. Good luck to both. The votes will be in by Monday
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Re: CAT ROUND 1---Bryant08 and Dcash4---Voting has begun. 

Post#16 » by Sports Arsenal » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Man I have spent too much time trying to cast a vote on this one. This is a good series. Im going to have to come back to this one.
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by Sports Arsenal » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:31 am

Im still weighing this one...

Here is what I am looking at:

Dcash weakness:
Marcus Camby consumes too much of Yao's space.
Monta Ellis vs. Chris Paul

Dcash positives:
Extremely stacked bench.
Great team chemistry
Solid defensive team

Bryant08 weakness:
Weak bench
Perkins/Rasho/McDyess vs. Yao/Bynum/Thomas
Bad info in write up (Bad game plan)

Bryant Positives:
CP3 vs. Ellis
Balanced team

Ok, I am gonna take Dcash in 7.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by CellarDoor » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:45 am

^I'm actually not convinced benches matter THAT much in 12 team leagues. Unfortunately after witnessing the first game destruction Yao laid out, it's not enough to change my mind.

DCash advances.
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: CAT ROUND 1---Dcash4 advances 

Post#19 » by bryant08 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:46 am

gl in the next round dcash

ill get ya next time ;)

Return to Trades and Transactions Games