Random Divisions Draft (60s to Now): Round 2 - Hooplah vs ChicagoSportsFan21

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Random Divisions Draft (60s to Now): Round 2 - Hooplah vs ChicagoSportsFan21 

Post#1 » by 8on » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Please include this in your write-up:

-Rotations/Depth Charts (all your players must play a minimum of 8 minutes)
-FGA for each player/total FGA amount

-Add a write-up why you think you can beat your opponent and move on to the next round (short/long/optional..up to you). You have 24 hours from this post to include a write-up, otherwise we will vote based on what is in their roster post.

-First to four votes win. Please include a reasoning why you pick one team over the other. Votes with no explanation will not be counted. Once a vote has been made, it can't be changed/deleted.

Hooplah wrote:

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:
Hooplah
Rookie
And1: 296

Re: Random Divisions Draft (60s to Now): Round 2 - Hooplah vs ChicagoSportsFan21 

Post#2 » by Hooplah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:23 am

PG: Lenny Wilkens (35) / Brent Barry (13)
SG: Eddie Jones (38) / Brent Barry (10)
SF: Larry Bird (32) / Trevor Ariza (16)
PF: Shawn Kemp (30) / Dennis Rodman (10) / Bird (8)
C: Bill Laimbeer (40) / Shawn Kemp (8)

98 Eddie Jones 12.6
94 Dennis Rodman 3.7
86 Larry Bird 19.6
13 Trevor Ariza 8.1
06 Brent Barry 4.7
96 Shawn Kemp 11.9
68 Lenny Wilkens 12.9 (2nd in MVP voting in 68; 1 of 7 players with career averages of 16.5 ppg., 4.7 rpg. and 6.7 apg.)
90 Bill Laimbeer 9.7

83.2/85 FGA

- 02 Sixers Dikembe is off peak, though he did have good longevity

- 76 Gervin is 23 and off peak and a weak defender

- Jones is an underrated scorer and will likely have Gervin on him. He will have Gervin on the other end

- Kemp will occupy Garnett and has a good outside shot. Laimbeer will stretch Mutombo

- Barry over young Wall and Rodman over 06-07 Outlaw provide greater depth

-It will be very difficult to double Bird as he was an excellent passer and has weapons and shooters all around him
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Re: Random Divisions Draft (60s to Now): Round 2 - Hooplah vs ChicagoSportsFan21 

Post#3 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Starting Five:

PG: Isiah Thomas-Detroit Pistons-1985-86:20.9 PTS/3.6 REB/10.8 AST/2.2 STL

-NBA All-Star, NBA All-Star Game MVP, All-NBA First Team

SG: Danny Green-San Antonio Spurs-2016-17: 7.3 PTS/3.3 REB/1.8 AST/1.0 STL/0.8 BLK/37.9% 3PT

-NBA All-Defensive Second Team

SF: George Gervin-San Antonio Spurs-1975-76: 21.8 PTS/6.7 REB/1.4 STL/1.5 BLK

-ABA All-Star, All-ABA Second Team

PF: Kevin Garnett-Minnesota Timberwolves-2004-05: 22.2 PTS/13.5 REB/5.7 AST/1.5 STL/1.4 BLK/28.2 PER/16.1 WS/9.7 BPM/9.3 VORP

-NBA All-Star, All-NBA Second Team, NBA All-Defensive First Team, NBA Rebounding Champion

C: Dikembe Mutombo-Philadelphia 76ers-2001-02: 11.5 PTS/10.8 REB/2.4 BLK

-NBA All-Star, All-NBA Third Team, NBA All-Defensive Second Team

Bench:

SG/SF: Andre Iguodala-Golden State Warriors-2013-14: 9.3 PTS/4.7 REB/4.2 AST/1.5 STL/35.4% 3PT

-NBA All-Defensive First Team

PG: John Wall-Washington Wizards-2011-12: 16.3 PTS/4.5 REB/8.0 AST/1.4 STL/0.9 BLK

PF/C: Bo Outlaw-Orlando Magic-2006-07: 2.0 PTS/2.6 REB/1.7 DBPM

Rotation/Depth Chart:

PG: Isiah Thomas (38)/John Wall (10)
SG: Danny Green (36)/George Gervin (12)
SF: Andre Iguodala (32)/George Gervin (16)
PF: Kevin Garnett (36)/Andre Iguodala (8)/Bo Outlaw (4)
C: Dikembe Mutombo (40)/Kevin Garnett (4)/Bo Outlaw (4)

FGA:

Isiah Thomas-Detroit Pistons-1985-86: 16.2 FGA
Danny Green-San Antonio Spurs-2016-17: 6.6 FGA
George Gervin-San Antonio Spurs-1975-76: 14.9 FGA (17.5 x 0.85)
Kevin Garnett-Minnesota Timberwolves-2004-05: 16.6 FGA
Dikembe Mutombo-Philadelphia 76ers-2001-02: 8.0 FGA
Andre Iguodala-Golden State Warriors-2013-14: 7.3 FGA
John Wall-Washington Wizards-2011-12: 13.5 FGA
Bo Outlaw-Orlando Magic-2006-07: 1.2 FGA

TOTAL FGA: 84.7/85.0 FGA

Quick Takes:

Note-I'm going to modify my starting line-up in this one with Iguodala starting instead of coming off the bench (he was a starter in the season chosen), and Gervin providing a scoring punch off the bench.

-I think my two main scorers in Garnett and Gervin should do well here offensively. Garnett is a savvy player who will use his high bball IQ to frustrate Kemp defensively. Kemp is undisciplined and will result in lot of fouls. This is Wizards Ariza who was mostly a bench player this season and not as good as defensively as he was with Houston later on..Gervin should do well offensively. Bird is going to have to exert a ton of energy chasing Iguodala around defensively from the three point line and slashing to the rim.

-Defensive match-ups are straight up-IT on Lenny, Green on Jones, Iguodala on Bird, Garnett on Kemp, and Deke on Laimbeer. I'll sprinkle in Garnett on Bird too here and there to give him different looks. I have great covers in his top players offensively in Iguodala/Garnett/Green on Bird/Kemp/Jones (all nba defensive team members).

-Bench tilts it in my favor with Gervin coming off the bench. I'll take a young Wall over an older Barry who wasn't the shooter he was like his Seattle seasons.

-To rebuttal some of Hooplah's statements:

Deke might not be peak, but he was still beastly in the season chosen as he still put up a double double and averaged nearly 2.5 blocks and was an all star, all nba defensive team member, and all NBA team member in season chosen. I'm not worried about Deke on Laimbeer who is like a 4th or 5th option offensively..this is an older Laimbeer too who wasn't the scorer or shooter as he was in his younger seasons.

All I need Gervin to do is score, and that's what he does best as he averaged over 20 points per game and had a terrific playoffs this year. Putting him on Ariza is ideal considering he isnt a major threat offensively.

Kemp's game is not shooting, it's driving to the rim so if he wants Kemp shooting, go for it.

For his starters, besides Jones, I'm not sure he has ton of shooting around Bird as he might think he does. Also he really doesn’t have strong starters next to Bird with Jones and Kemp in this format while I have IT and Gervin alongside KG.

-Overall, I have great covers for his best players compared to he does against my best players. Gervin off the bench is just icing of the cake. Please vote for ChicagoSportsFan21!
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,534

Post#4 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:25 am

The starting lineups is hard to pick between, so I'll say Gervin is the difference. CSF has some great role players around Isiah and KG. Vote CSF
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#5 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:43 am

Off-peak Mutombo makes this closer than I realized but Bird will have to do a lot of heavy lifting to hang with Isiah/Gervin/KG. CSF has a slight bench advantage, which was enough to sway me.

Vote - CSF
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#6 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 am

Please vote so we can move on to the next round. Thanks for your time; I appreciate it.

Super Powered wrote:.

Laimbeer wrote:.

Blazers-1977 wrote:.

8on wrote:.

ReasonablySober wrote:.

euroleague wrote:.

Jon_3232 wrote:.

Smash3 wrote:.

chellis wrote:.

Snakebites wrote:.

DCRYsing89 wrote:.

DerrickNoah wrote:.

ardee wrote:.
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#7 » by 8on » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:13 am

CSF has more upside. I appreciate Hooplah's depth, but KG's mobility, Deke's rim protection, and an Isiah/Danny/Gervin backcourt is potent on both ends. Eddie, Kemp and Laimbeer don't make up the difference.

vote: CSF
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#8 » by euroleague » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:32 am

This version of Gervin isn’t that good, so I expect Bird to carry a slightly weaker cast here. I think Rodman is underutilized, but too many off peak players for CSF.

Vote hooplah
Hooplah
Rookie

Post#9 » by Hooplah » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:45 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Starting Five:

Deke might not be peak, but he was still beastly in the season chosen as he still put up a double double and averaged nearly 2.5 blocks and was an all star, all nba defensive team member, and all NBA team member in season chosen. I'm not worried about Deke on Laimbeer who is like a 4th or 5th option offensively..this is an older Laimbeer too who wasn't the scorer or shooter as he was in his younger seasons.

All I need Gervin to do is score, and that's what he does best as he averaged over 20 points per game and had a terrific playoffs this year. Putting him on Ariza is ideal considering he isnt a major threat offensively.

Kemp's game is not shooting, it's driving to the rim so if he wants Kemp shooting, go for it.

For his starters, besides Jones, I'm not sure he has ton of shooting around Bird as he might think he does. Also he really doesn’t have strong starters next to Bird with Jones and Kemp in this format while I have IT and Gervin alongside KG.

-Overall, I have great covers for his best players compared to he does against my best players. Gervin off the bench is just icing of the cake. Please vote for ChicagoSportsFan21!

You're counting Gervin as a bench piece and as a stronger starter next to Garnett.

Kemp and Jones aren't strong starters in this format but Warriors Iggy , Danny Green and 35 year old Mutombo are?

Never said Kemp wouldn't play inside and with Bird, Jones, Barry, Ariza and Laimbeer I definitely have shooting.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#10 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:56 am

Hooplah wrote:

You're counting Gervin as a bench piece and as a stronger starter next to Garnett.

Kemp and Jones aren't strong starters in this format but Warriors Iggy , Danny Green and 35 year old Mutombo are?

Never said Kemp wouldn't play inside and with Bird, Jones, Barry, Ariza and Laimbeer I definitely have shooting.

Oops, I I didn't meant to say strong starters, I meant to say a strong supporting cast as in robins that can carry the offense. You are expecting a lot from Bird to do the lifting offensively while Garnett has two robins he can rely on in IT or Gervin that can help carry the load offensively imo.

Well you did say he has a good outside shot implying that's what you were planning to do, which isn't his game. With the exception of Jones, the shooting wasnt all that great with the seasons chosen (non-peak seasons..older Barry/Laimbeer and Ariza was a bench player this season who didn't play ton of minutes).
Hooplah
Rookie

Post#11 » by Hooplah » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:12 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:
Hooplah wrote:

Oops, I I didn't meant to say strong starters, I meant to say a strong supporting cast as in robins. You are expecting a lot from Bird to do the lifting offensively while Garnett has two robins he can rely on in IT or Gervin that can help carry the load offensively imo.

Well you did say he has a good outside shot implying that's what you were planning to do, which isn't his game. With the exception of Jones, the shooting wasnt all that great with the seasons chosen (non-peak seasons..older Barry/Laimbeer and Ariza was a bench player this season who didn't play ton of minutes).

It wasn't very well worded, but I just meant that Garnett will have to worry about him instead of Bird and that Kemp also has some versatility.

I mean Brent Barry was always a great shooter and Laimbeer started hitting 3's at this point of his career. Ariza came off the bench in 13 for a rebuilding Wizards but was a starter the 3 seasons prior and has been a starter ever since.
DCRYsing89
Starter
And1: 718

Post#12 » by DCRYsing89 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:03 am

Vote CSF,
Larry legend doesn’t have enough help I feel personally.
After your first, you change, you mature, you dont just jump into things.

After getting dunked on for the first time, life becomes complex.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#13 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:14 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 advances to the next round.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games