Cross-decades draft, East vs West, Discussion thread

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,605

Re: Cross-decades draft, East vs West, Discussion thread 

Post#121 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:09 pm

uberhikari wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:Is the difference between 2019 and 2021 Danny Green meaningful?

I think there was a big difference in his defense. In the 2020 playoffs he looked cooked on the defensive end.

Yea I had to either do that or downgrade from 83 to 84 Jones, I think going with 84 Jones and Raptors Green is the play
flaco
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#122 » by flaco » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:46 pm

uberhikari wrote:FGA
2021 Kyle Lowry 13
1991 Michael Jordan 22.4
1991 Scottie Pippen 14.1
1991 Dennis Rodman 6.8
1988 Patrick Ewing 14.4
2008 Jason Kidd 9.9
1979 Cedric Maxwell 4.4
2013 Chris Andersen 3

Total 88

Can't pick Kidd for 9.9 FGA in 2008 cause he played 29 games for the Mavs which aren't eligible. You either gotta pick him for 10.8 FGA or you gotta select a different season.

Fwiw, Maxwell's 4.4 FGA season was in 1978, not 1979. Not that it makes any difference.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,605

Post#123 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:47 pm

flaco wrote:
2021 Kyle Lowry 13
1991 Michael Jordan 22.4
1991 Scottie Pippen 14.1
1991 Dennis Rodman 6.8
1988 Patrick Ewing 14.4
2008 Jason Kidd 9.9
1979 Cedric Maxwell 4.4
2013 Chris Andersen 3

Total 88

Can't pick Kidd for 9.9 FGA in 2008 cause he played 29 games for the Mavs which aren't eligible. You either gotta pick him for 10.8 FGA or you gotta select a different season.

Fwiw, Maxwell's 4.4 FGA season was in 1978, not 1979. Not that it makes any difference.

It’s your game but in the past we used total season FGAs in situations like this
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,420

Post#124 » by wackbone » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:37 am

MadNESS wrote:Almost went CP3 instead of Duncan and let Curry run around as a SG lol

Up

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|x
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|x
C: Chet Holmgren|x

Other: Roddy, Saric
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,703

Post#125 » by MadNESS » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:05 am

flaco wrote:The fact that Oscar and Dr J were still available on the board is mind-blowing. To a lesser extent, the same goes for Ray Allen. Imo, Oscar is a GOAT candidate. I was seriously considering him with my first pick. Still plenty of big names are left on the board. I really don't get how some of these guys are available.

Up
LAKESHOW
uberhikari
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,856

Post#126 » by uberhikari » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:44 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
flaco wrote:
2021 Kyle Lowry 13
1991 Michael Jordan 22.4
1991 Scottie Pippen 14.1
1991 Dennis Rodman 6.8
1988 Patrick Ewing 14.4
2008 Jason Kidd 9.9
1979 Cedric Maxwell 4.4
2013 Chris Andersen 3

Total 88

It’s your game but in the past we used total season FGAs in situations like this

Here is your own rule:

Each player you select must have played at least 50% of regular season games in the season selected. For players who played for multiple teams in one season, they must have played at least 50% of their games for one or more of the listed franchises within your conference in order for that season to be eligible.

Kidd played more than 50% of his games for an Eastern Conference team. Why would he not be eligible?
flaco
Veteran

Post#127 » by flaco » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:24 am

uberhikari wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:
flaco wrote:Can't pick Kidd for 9.9 FGA in 2008 cause he played 29 games for the Mavs which aren't eligible. You either gotta pick him for 10.8 FGA or you gotta select a different season.

Here is your own rule:

Each player you select must have played at least 50% of regular season games in the season selected. For players who played for multiple teams in one season, they must have played at least 50% of their games for one or more of the listed franchises within your conference in order for that season to be eligible.

Kidd played more than 50% of his games for an Eastern Conference team. Why would he not be eligible?

He's definitely eligible. Question is whether he should count for 9.9 FGA or 10.8. The way I understand the rule, we take into account only his games for the Nets, hence he counts for 10.8. The rule isn't clear though. It focuses only on eligibility and says nothing about FGA cost. Anyway, since Dr P says that in the past we used total FGA, feel free to use him for 9.9. I guess we should make the rule a bit more specific in terms of FGA cost to avoid further misunderstandings in the future.

The guy I'm about to draft with my final pick played for multiple teams during the season I will select. Fortunately, I can afford him regardless of the interpretation of the rule cause the difference is only 0.1 FGA. It's a relatively common occurrence in our games though. Glad we cleared this up.
Blazer50
Head Coach
And1: 762

Post#128 » by Blazer50 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:39 pm

the difference is .9 and I have been called on this issue in the past - 50% and you use the # of FGAs from that portion of the season - not the TOT (combined statistic). Not sure if he's saying there is leeway on the 88 total FGAs but again you need to adjust your seasons if you exceed 88.0
flaco
Veteran

Post#129 » by flaco » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:57 pm

Blazer50 wrote:the difference is .9 and I have been called on this issue in the past - 50% and you use the # of FGAs from that portion of the season - not the TOT (combined statistic). Not sure if he's saying there is leeway on the 88 total FGAs but again you need to adjust your seasons if you exceed 88.0

Since the rule is open to interpretation, there's no point in making a big deal out of this. We should have clarified the FGA cost prior to the start of the game. Unfortunately, we didn't. Perhaps we should clarify the rule going forward to avoid further misunderstandings in future games.

Stan wrote:.

Colbinii wrote:.

Please make your picks and create a roster page for your team. We'll then proceed with the voting process.
Blazer50
Head Coach
And1: 762

Post#130 » by Blazer50 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:58 pm

Colbinii wrote:
uberhikari wrote:These teams are stacked, but they have a critical flaw. There's only one basketball and some of these teams look like they wouldn't have any synergy.

Blazer and Flaco are the only two teams I could see where there is only one ball could be an issue.

I agree with the synergy remarks and teams who don't have enough balls to go around - but my GSW (Blazer50) was selected with that in mind. Magic is the trigger - no question. He and Kareem are a proven combo - they work. Jimmy Butler just wants to win - off ball is great - and he is my backup PG where he will control the ball. Detlef Schrempf is a consummate team player - 2x 6MOY by doing what was needed - setting picks - rebounding - knocking down shots - mid range and in the paint - and playing D. Draymond is a low usage - facililitator who moves the ball and locks up the other team on defense. I still have 14 shots for my bench - non of whom need the ball to succeed. Christie Iall around game) - Byron Russell (stopper) and Vanderbilt - rim protector to hold down the fort when Kareem is not on the court.

I get called out in a lot of games - bad spacing - no D - etc. sometime fairly and sometimes just to criticize a team and create doubt - but. this team does not have ball centric guys EXCEPT Magic - who I want to dominate the ball - he knows what to do with it. Starters are in their Best seasons and only Kareem took 20+ shots - because that's who Magic wanted to shoot - All time leading scorer in NBA History!
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 5,071

Post#131 » by Larry_Russell » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:15 pm

Blazer50 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
uberhikari wrote:These teams are stacked, but they have a critical flaw. There's only one basketball and some of these teams look like they wouldn't have any synergy.

Blazer and Flaco are the only two teams I could see where there is only one ball could be an issue.

I agree with the synergy remarks and teams who don't have enough balls to go around - but my GSW (Blazer50) was selected with that in mind. Magic is the trigger - no question. He and Kareem are a proven combo - they work. Jimmy Butler just wants to win - off ball is great - and he is my backup PG where he will control the ball. Detlef Schrempf is a consummate team player - 2x 6MOY by doing what was needed - setting picks - rebounding - knocking down shots - mid range and in the paint - and playing D. Draymond is a low usage - facililitator who moves the ball and locks up the other team on defense. I still have 14 shots for my bench - non of whom need the ball to succeed. Christie Iall around game) - Byron Russell (stopper) and Vanderbilt - rim protector to hold down the fort when Kareem is not on the court.

I get called out in a lot of games - bad spacing - no D - etc. sometime fairly and sometimes just to criticize a team and create doubt - but. this team does not have ball centric guys EXCEPT Magic - who I want to dominate the ball - he knows what to do with it. Starters are in their Best seasons and only Kareem took 20+ shots - because that's who Magic wanted to shoot - All time leading scorer in NBA History!

I tried to build a similar type of team.

None of my guys shoot over 17.5fga per game
All pass the ball (Reggie the only starter averaging LESS than 4 assists per game)

Tried to work with what I think Fits overall.
Stan
Sixth Man
And1: 2,590

Post#132 » by Stan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:35 pm

Damn, I didn’t get a single notification since I made my last pick Monday morning, only to see I’ve now been skipped 3 times lol.

Sorry to screw up your draft, but it’s just not worth it participating at this point. I’ve played in several of these games, and this is the first time nobody notified me over such a prolonged period of time.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,703

Post#133 » by MadNESS » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:14 pm

Stan wrote:Damn, I didn’t get a single notification since I made my last pick Monday morning, only to see I’ve now been skipped 3 times lol.

Sorry to screw up your draft, but it’s just not worth it participating at this point. I’ve played in several of these games, and this is the first time nobody notified me over such a prolonged period of time.

You can finish it out easily - there’s plenty of talent out there
LAKESHOW
uberhikari
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,856

Post#134 » by uberhikari » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:04 pm

Blazer50 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I agree. Usually, in a team, you want 1 alpha who can score at will; a secondary scorer to take some of the pressure off the alpha; and an opportunistic 3rd scorer who can take advantage of the havoc caused by the other two scorers. After that, you want complimentary role players. Your team fits the bill perfectly.
flaco
Veteran

Post#135 » by flaco » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:43 am

Please make your picks and create a roster page for your team till Friday at 10 AM. If you don't show up by then, we'll proceed without you.

Stan wrote:Damn, I didn’t get a single notification since I made my last pick Monday morning, only to see I’ve now been skipped 3 times lol.

If you don't feel like participating anymore, I completely understand. If you change your mind, you can make your picks and finalize your roster page till Friday at 10 AM.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 5,071

Post#136 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:12 pm

flaco wrote:

Please make your picks and create a roster page for your team till Friday at 10 AM. If you don't show up by then, we'll proceed without you.

If you don't feel like participating anymore, I completely understand. If you change your mind, you can make your picks and finalize your roster page till Friday at 10 AM.

I can take over 1 of the teams and play it with the one I currently have to not let the game collapse if needed.
flaco
Veteran

Post#137 » by flaco » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:29 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
flaco wrote:

I can take over 1 of the teams and play it with the one I currently have to not let the game collapse if needed.

It's no big deal. Worst case scenario, we'll run the vote with 8 teams instead of 10. Best team from each conference qualifies for the Finals.
flaco
Veteran

Post#138 » by flaco » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:01 pm

Voting is now open!

Unfortunately, Colbinii and Stan didn't show up, hence we will proceed with 8 teams instead of 10. Everyone is free to cast their ballot regardless of whether they participated in the game. Voters have to rank all participating teams from best to worst. You cannot vote for your own team. Teams will be awarded points based on inverted order of the top 8 teams. 7 points for a #1 vote down to 1 point for a #7 vote. The best team from each conference qualifies for the Finals. I'll be collecting the ballots via PM. I'll post the final results in this thread as soon as all participants cast their ballot. For transparency purposes, I already sent my ballot to MadNESS.

If two or more teams tie for the top 2 spots in their conference, tie breaker will go to the team with the most #1 votes. If still tied, team with most #2 votes wins, if still tied most #3 votes wins and so on. If tied until the end, we'll run play-in games.

Good luck everyone! :D

MadNESS wrote:.

Dr Positivity wrote:.

spree8 wrote:.

Blazer50 wrote:.

Larry_Russell wrote:.

uberhikari wrote:.

wackbone wrote:.
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,420

Post#139 » by wackbone » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:10 pm

flaco wrote:Voting is now open!

Unfortunately, Colbinii and Stan didn't show up, hence we will proceed with 8 teams instead of 10. Everyone is free to cast their ballot regardless of whether they participated in the game. Voters have to rank all participating teams from best to worst. You cannot vote for your own team. Teams will be awarded points based on inverted order of the top 8 teams. 7 points for a #1 vote down to 1 point for a #7 vote. The best team from each conference qualifies for the Finals. I'll be collecting the ballots via PM. I'll post the final results in this thread as soon as all participants cast their ballot. For transparency purposes, I already sent my ballot to MadNESS.

If two or more teams tie for the top 2 spots in their conference, tie breaker will go to the team with the most #1 votes. If still tied, team with most #2 votes wins, if still tied most #3 votes wins and so on. If tied until the end, we'll run play-in games.

Good luck everyone! :D

MadNESS wrote:.

Dr Positivity wrote:.

spree8 wrote:.

Blazer50 wrote:.

Larry_Russell wrote:.

uberhikari wrote:.

wackbone wrote:.

When does voting wrap up?

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|x
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|x
C: Chet Holmgren|x

Other: Roddy, Saric
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,472

Post#140 » by spree8 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:34 am

Looking back at this draft, I dunno how the hell I didn’t think of forming a LeBron-Joker duo. I need to cut back on the happy trees :banghead:

Return to Trades and Transactions Games