TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - CellarDoor is the winner!

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

eitanr
General Manager
And1: 304

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Sign Up Now To Join!!! 

Post#21 » by eitanr » Fri Sep 5, 2008 9:01 pm

Okay we've got 11 participants....let's keep those joiners coming. Final end of signing up is Monday at 12 midnight EST time.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Sign Up by 9/8 @12AM ET 

Post#22 » by bryant08 » Fri Sep 5, 2008 10:33 pm

I'd like to participate if possible :)
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,838

Post#23 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Sep 6, 2008 3:36 am

Sign me up. I moved during the last one and never got to finish.
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Post#24 » by SimonFish » Sat Sep 6, 2008 6:53 am

I'll participate, thx
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#25 » by wezbo » Sat Sep 6, 2008 8:01 pm

i would like to participate
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,633

Post#26 » by babyjax13 » Sat Sep 6, 2008 11:20 pm

I'll give it a shot.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#27 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sun Sep 7, 2008 2:57 am

16... I say we close it off here, and then we just run with 3 judges.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#28 » by CellarDoor » Sun Sep 7, 2008 8:53 pm

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:16... I say we close it off here, and then we just run with 3 judges.

Agreed.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
eitanr
General Manager

Post#29 » by eitanr » Mon Sep 8, 2008 12:17 am

I will wait until the sign up deadline at which point one preliminary scenario will be posted. The top 16 players will be in the trade tourney and seeded according to how well each one faired in the preliminaries.

I would still prefer 2 more judges for the tourney.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#30 » by Sports Arsenal » Mon Sep 8, 2008 1:24 am

Never done a trade tourney but I would love to be a participant
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,708

Post#31 » by MadNESS » Mon Sep 8, 2008 12:53 pm

im in if u already didnt say so.... i would like to participate but if theres to many people ill just judge
LAKESHOW
eitanr
General Manager

Post#32 » by eitanr » Mon Sep 8, 2008 2:32 pm

Here are the following Participants for the Trade Tourney:

sterncohen
ecuhus1981
CellarDoor
skorff26
dcash4
nba_addict
pistons
randomhero423
bullscubsbears
bryant08
DGrangeRx33
SimonFish
wezbo
babyjax13
ShaqSux
bness888

Judges:
VintaGe36
LBJ4MVP23
eitanr

I will post one scenario in for the preliminaries. The top 16 participants will be entered into the tourney and seeded according to their scores (there are only 16 participants). The number one overall seed (after the preliminaries) will have the choice of being the West or East conference with each subseqeuent seed going into a different conference (If 1 chooses East, then 2 is West, 3 is East, 4 is West etc). Note a particular conference only means that scenarios from that Conference's teams will be the subject of each scenario until the championship.

There will be a separate scenario for each matchup.

I will post the preliminary scenarios shortly.

Judges, Please scale each scenario in 3 categories: Feasibility, Functionality, and Creativity and scale each cat on a scale of 1-10 and give an overall score for each participant (a small explantion is recommended, a full one is appreciated, but not necessary for the prelims).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

eitanr
General Manager

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Participants and Judges listed 

Post#33 » by eitanr » Mon Sep 8, 2008 3:05 pm

Preliminary Round:

The Denver Nuggets just lost Marcus Camby and do not currently have a team that should pose a major threat to the Western Conference. Iverson is approaching the latter half of his 30s and besides Linas Klieza, Denver has few potential pieces for a rebuilding movement.

Please construct a rebuilding plan for the Denver Nuggets. Note that no one is off limits on the roster. JR Smith and Linas Klieza are highly coveted prospects. Carmello Anthony is clearly highly coveted as well, but is certainly not off limits. Kenyon Martin's contract is something Nuggets' managment would like to eradicate.

Please keep the plans as simple and concise as possible.

The deadline for the proposals are Wednesday @12AM ET.

Remember each proposal is scored based on Functionality, Creativity, and Feasibility. This round is just for the seedings.

Let the rebuilding plans begin!

skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#34 » by skorff26 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 5:48 pm

eitanr wrote:Preliminary Round:

The Denver Nuggets just lost Marcus Camby and do not currently have a team that should pose a major threat to the Western Conference. Iverson is approaching the latter half of his 30s and besides Linas Klieza, Denver has few potential pieces for a rebuilding movement.

Please construct a rebuilding plan for the Denver Nuggets. Note that no one is off limits on the roster. JR Smith and Linas Klieza are highly coveted prospects. Carmello Anthony is clearly highly coveted as well, but is certainly not off limits. Kenyon Martin's contract is something Nuggets' managment would like to eradicate.

Remember each proposal is scored based on Functionality, Creativity, and Feasibility. This round is just for the seedings.

Denver with Milwaukee (trade occurs on october 14 because of the trade restrictions to jones and griffin)

Denver out: Martin
in:gadzuric, griffin, jones
Why? Denver dumps Martin and his contract for 2 expiring bench players in griffin and jones to give them more cap flexibility next year, and they take back gadzuric who has the same length of contract but who makes 7 million less per year

Milwaukee out: gadzuric, griffin, jones
in: martin
Why? Milwaukee is looking to compete now, and they're biggest need is PF. They give up 3 players that would have a minimal impact on their team this year and acquire martin who would play significant minutes for them. He is the kind of veteran presence and defensive presence that the team needs. Also Martin's contract expires in the same year that redd and RJ's do, thus giving milwaukee a ton of cap space for 2011.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by CellarDoor » Mon Sep 8, 2008 5:51 pm

eitanr wrote:Preliminary Round:

Indiana out: Tinsley, Rasho
Indiania in: KMart
They get Tinsley out of their locker room and pick up a versatile 4 who can defend for their troubles.

Chicago out: Gooden
Chicago in: Rasho, 2nd
We get a true C for Gooden, who in all likelihood isn't in the long-term plans anyways, this eases the minute crunch at PF as well.

Denver out: KMart, 2nd
Denver in: Tinsley, Gooden

Dallas out: Terry, Damp, Stackhouse
Dallas in: AI, Nene
They go for the throat with AI and Nene. Keep in mind that Terry and Nene's contracts are almost a wash, so there isn't a post 2010 worry here. Stack may even be able to be cut and sent back.

Denver out: AI, Nene
Denver in: Terry, Damp, Stackhouse

Depth Chart:
Tinsley/Terry/Atkins
Terry/Smith/Stackhouse
Melo/Kleiza/Balkman
Gooden/Kleiza
Damp/Gooden/Hunter

This team has a lot of guys with jumpshots: Terry from anywhere, Tinsley mid range, Gooden mid-range, even Rasho has a mid range jumper. No one is overly selfish, yet both guards can still get their own shot off it need be. They preserve Kleiza and Smith for the future, and the biggest thing: the roster is liquidated. the only contracts extending past 2010 are Jason Terry and Jamaal Tin
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Preliminary Round has started 

Post#36 » by VintaGe36 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 6:05 pm

I think posting the trades in the OP is alot better than posting it as the thread progresses. Having the trade idea in the first page makes it easier for all involved. Just my .02.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by CellarDoor » Mon Sep 8, 2008 6:17 pm

If there is a new thread created i will certainly copy and paste my entry over.
pistons
Senior
And1: 16

Post#38 » by pistons » Mon Sep 8, 2008 8:04 pm

Denver Trades :
Carmelo Anthony
Nene

to POR for :
Rudy Fernandez
Sergio Rodriguez
Travis Outlaw
Channing Frye
Raef LaFrentz

Why for POR :
To complete one of the most devastating starting 5's that the NBA has ever seen . Melo blends in well with the rest of the line -up . He is a physical 3 which complements Aldridge's finesse 4 game well . And he is still very young which will allow him to grow with the rest of his teaammates . The Blazers bench is still solid after the deal as well . They have Pryzbilla , Nene , and Diogu up front ; Batum and Webster at the wings , and Blake at the point . Plus there's always Freeland and Kopponen waiting in the wings overseas .

C - Oden / Pryzbilla / (Nene)
PF - Aldridge / Nene / Diogu
SF - Anthony / (Webster) / Batum
SG - Roy / Webster
PG - Bayless / Blake

Why for DEN:
They start anew . They build a nice young nucleus from scratch in Frye / Outlaw / Kleiza / Fernandez / Smith / Rodriguez . Iverson can then be dealt for picks and expirings and the rebuilding process can begin fully . Fernandez has big time potential as e proved at the Olympics and Outlaw is just bursting with talent and hungry for an opportunity . Frye is a solid C for an uptempo offense and Rodrigues is the prototypical running PG . Add in the long range exploits of Smith an dKleiza and a bright future is in store for them .

C - Frye / Anderson / Hunter / LaFrentz
PF - Outlaw / Martin
SF - Kleiza / Balkman
SG - Fernandez / Smith
PG - Iverson / Rodriguez / Atkins
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,633

Post#39 » by babyjax13 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 9:54 pm

Trade one, between Phoenix and Denver (at all-star break due to Trade restrictions on Amundson and Singleterry):

Denver trades: Allen Iverson, Kenyon Martin, and Renaldo Balkman
Phoenix trades: Shaquile O'neil, Leandro Barbosa, Louis Amundson, and Sean Singleterry

Why for Denver: This trade will take a year off of Kenyon Martin's contract, and turns AI into a 26 year old guard that has some upside and would thrive in the Denver offense next to Melo.

Why for Phoenix: The Suns window for a championship is closing quickly. They have 1 or 2 years to win it, or rebuild. Getting Iverson allows them to compete for a championship this year, and next year it allows them to dump salary. Martin could be a great complimentary piece next to Amare, and having Iverson and Nash on the perimeter will keep defenses honest.

Trade two, between Denver and Chicago:

Denver trades: JR Smith, Nene, Chucky Atkins
Chicago trades: Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden

Why for Denver: This trade gets them a "real" point guard, as well as dumps Nene's salary for a reasonable contract for a good power forward.

Why for Chicago: gets them an above average interior scorer that they haven't had in a long time, as well as a scorer to replace Gordon's out-put. Atkins is a decent backup who will play well behind Rose.

New Depth chart:
Shaq/Hunter/Anderson
Gooden/Melo/Anderson
Melo/Klieza/Amundson
Barbosa/Weems/Jones
Hinrich/Carter/Singleterry

Savings (approx):
2008-09: -12,000,000
2009-10: 3,000,000
2010-11: 25,000,000

Total: 16,000,000

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#40 » by randomhero423 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 11:00 pm

Trade #1:

DEN trades: JR Smith, Linas Klesia, NeNe HIllario
DEN receives: DeAndre Jordan, Tim Thomas, Cuttino Mobley, Unprotected first round pick 2009, Lottery protected first round pick 2010

LAC trades: DeAndre Jordan, Tim Thomas, Cuttino Mobley, Top 5 protected first round pick 2009, Second round pick 2010
LAC receives: JR Smith, Linas Klesia, NeNe HIllario

DEN does this so they get rid of a headache in JR Smith, and a huge contract in NeNe HIllario. Losing Klesia sucks, but they get a young up in coming big man, and a first round pick in 2009.

LAC does this so they get more depth. Thomas and Mobley were bad backups, so upgrading them and the PF/C position is key. They don't mind about the first round pick since they are in "win now" mode.

Trade #2
DEN trades: Carmelo Anthony, Kenyon Martin, Chucky Atkins
DEN receives: Chris Douglas-Roberts, Josh Boone, Bobby Simmons, Stromile Swift, Devin Harris, Trenton Hassell

NJ trades: Chris Douglas-Roberts, Josh Boone, Bobby Simmons, Stromile Swift, Devin Harris, Trenton Hassell, unprotected first round pick 2008, top 20 protected 2009
NJ receives: Carmelo Anthony, Kenyon Martin, Chucky Atkins

DEN does this so they can have a great young core to work with and start brand new. Anthony does not play defense and has a iffy character, so getting this much value is very good for them.

NJ gets a star and a ex-star from their team. Since the East is weak, they can still win with their nucleus (Anthony/Carter/Lopez). Anthony can also get his head straight at a new place can develop into a star.

DEN's new lineup:
Devin Harris
Cuttino Mobley
Tim Thomas
Josh Boone
DeAndre Jordan

they also have three first round draft picks, and a TON of cap space for 2010.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com

Return to Trades and Transactions Games