GM a Team: Team Write-Ups

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Re: GM a Team: Team Write-Ups 

Post#21 » by skorff26 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:58 pm

I just want to give a timeline for everyone
-Tuesday, March 24 at 8:00 PM est trading is done.
-Wednesday, March 25 at 8:00 PM est write-ups have to be complete
-Wednesday, March 25 at 8:00 PM est Voting begins
-Wednesday, April 1 at 8:00 PM est Voting ends
arvydas1221
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#22 » by arvydas1221 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Washington Wizards:

09/10 Contracts:
Tony Parker $12,600,000 $13,650,000
James Harden $2,969,290 $3,192,000 $3,414,720
Tayshaun Prince $10,324,380 $11,147,760
Brandon Bass $4,750,000 5,130,000 5,510,000 5,890,000 6,270,000
Andrew Bogut $10,000,000 $11,000,000 $12,000,000 $13,000,000 $14,000,000

Marvin Williams 13,095,238 12,047,619 11,000,000 9,952,380 8,904,761
Flip Murray $1,107,572 $1,223,166 $1,272,279
Matt Bonner $3,256,500
Anthony Carter 1,320,000
Dominic McGuire $825,497
Terrence Williams $457,588 736,420 825,497
DeJuan Blair $457,588 736,420 825,497
Jerome Jordan $457,588 736,420 825,497
Nick Calathes $457,588 736,420 825,497
Ed Davis $457,588 736,420 825,497

Tony Parker/ Anthony Carter /Nick Calathes
James Harden/ Flip Murray/ Terrence Williams
Tayshaun Prince/ Marvin Williams/ Dominic McGuire
Brandon Bass/ DeJuan Blair/ Ed Davis
Andrew Bogut/ Matt Bonner/ Jerome Jordan

Future Draft Picks:
first round picks:
2010 Wizards
2011 Wizards
2012 Wizards

Second Round Picks:
2010 Wizards, SAS second 10,
2011 Wizards
2012 Wizards

Transaction
Traded Brendan Haywood for Marvin Williams and Atl 09 second
Traded Antawn Jamison, Deshawn Stevenson, Antonio Danials for Allen Iverson, Anthony Carter, worse of NO or Sa 09 second
Traded Caron Butler, Nick Young for Andrew Bogut, Toronto 09 second
Traded Gilbert Arenas, Salim Stoudamire for Tony Parker, Michael Finley, better of SAS and NOH 09 second, SAS 2010 second.
Traded Allen Iverson, Etan Thomas for Chris Wilcox, Tyronne Lue, Tayshaun Prince, Deshaun Stevenson, 09 Milwaukee second, 09 Houston second.
Traded Wizards 09 first, Andray Blache, Torontos 09 second for the rights to James Harden.

Draft Rights To:
Scott Hopson
Michael Dunigan
Victor Claver
Devin Ebanks

Team Direction:
I was able to put together a good young core or Tony Parker, Andrew Bogut, Tay Prince, and James Harden. With this group, no is older than 29 and we feel that we will be a competetive team for the next 5-7 years. We would look to upgrade the power forward postition and we feel that Ed Davis may be able to grow into our future at the poistion. Dejuan balir, brandon bass, and matt bonner gives us many options till Davis develops.

Point Guard:
We were able to turn the overpaid, injury concern, and shoot first Gilbert Arenas into the more efficent, cheaper, and finals MVP Tony Parker

Shooting Guard:
We were able to turn the inefficent, and very spiratic DeShawn Stevenson into James Hardin a player we feel could be an all star quality shooting guard for the next 10- 15 years.

Small Forward:
While we hated losing the very talented Caron Butler we feel Tay Prince was a great replacement as he is less of an injury concern and has lots of playoff experience. We also were able to add Marvin williams and he will give us a very quality sixth man and will be able to step in as our future SF.

Power Forward:
While Antawn Jamison is more talented than any player we have at this postition now. His style of play and him turning 34 in a few months, he was not gonna be in the future plans of the orginization. We feel that Ed Davis is the future at the position and was a steal late in the second round. In the mean time we have three guys that will fill in when needed. Bonner gives us an efficent, fundamentaly sound, and good outside shooter. Dejuan blair will add toughness, hustle, and rebounding. Brandon Bass provides a quicker, and more athletic option.

Center:
Losing Brendan Haywood hurt, but we feel that Andrew Bogut is a better fit in our half court system. He is a better rebounder, passer, he's younger, as good of a defender, and has more offensive potential.

Bench:
Marvin Williams will be the sixth man and we feel that he will be one of the top sixth men in the league. Anthony carter and flip murray will provide vet leadership untill Terrance Williams and Nick Calathes are ready to contribute. Matt Bonner, Dejuan Blair, and Dominic McGuire will provide quality service in the front court. We feel that Blair, Ed Davis and Williams will at worst develop into serviceable players. Jerome Jordan is also an athletic big that we feel could provide some depth for the future. We also took fliers on Devin Ebanks, Scott Hopson, Victor Claver, Michael Dunigan as we think they could develop into players that could help us in the future. We had abundance of second round picks and felt that taking a chance on these high risk/high reward type players was the best strategy.
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#23 » by nba_addict » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:13 am

Original Depth Chart:
PG - Steve Nash / Goran Dragic / Sean Singletary
SG - Raja Bell / Leandro Barbosa / Alado Tucker
SF - Grant Hill / Matt Barnes
PF - Amare Stoudamire / Boris Diaw / Louis Amundson
C - Shaq O'neal / Robin Lopez /

Updated Depth Chart:
PG - Steve Blake / Mike Conley / CJ Watson
SG - Gerald Wallace / Kelenna Azubuike / Jeff Teague
SF - Carmelo Anthony / Grant Hill / Sonny Weems
PF - Carlos Boozer / Matt Barnes / Brian Skinner
C - Emeka Okafor / Chris Andersen / Aaron Gray

High-level Direction:
The original Suns line up is full of blockbuster names like Shaq, Nash and Amare coupled with reliable role players in Bell, Diaw, Barbosa, Hill and Barnes. One could tell that line up is enough to win a championship on paper but others could raise age, team chemistry, commitment and ability to defend as issues. Shaq just turned 37, Nash is 35, Hill is 36 and Bell is on his way to mid-30s this 2009. While the original Suns is configured to have huge cap in 2010 we have to be realistic that our chance of getting Lebron and Wade in the free agency is too shallow. My overall team direction was a combination of rebuilding and retooling at the same time. Tanking is unacceptable to me and one way or the other, GMs have certain responsibility to their respective fans. My whole idea was to replace the key players in my original in line-up with players who are just about to reach their prime (somewhere 24-27). Melo, Wallace, Boozer, Okafor, Azubuike, Barnes, Watson and Gray are all on that age range.

Roster Changes:
Point Guard Rotation: Nash / Barbosa / Dragic / Singletary vs. Blake / Conley / Teague / Watson

Nash to Blake downgrade is unforgivable to say the least but overall our future is quite bright with our new acquisitions. Dragic and Singletary are non impact players. The probability of the latter two to stay in the league is very uncertain. 9/10 of will agree that Barbosa is better off as SG and not a PG.

Blake ends up one year rental here on purpose. He will serve as our starting point guard and as trading chip before deadline. He and Skinner (both 2010 expiring) could net us good returns. Conley who has been playing great since February 2009 and Teague who has that assasin mentality fits as our starter and off the bench guy, respectively. Watson who has been shooting the lights out in GS this 08-09 season is a security given the age of future point guard and his cheap contract is quite helpful.

Shooting Guard Rotation: Bell / Barbosa / Tucker vs. Wallace / Azubuike / Teague / Weems

We feel we also got an uprade in this position. Sans outside shooting Wallace is better than Bell on both ends of the court. I see Barbosa and Azubuike even-out with Barbosa with slight advantage e on offense and Azubuike on defense. Azubuike has been shooting the lights out also in GS averaging almost 45% from the 3pt area this 08-09 season. Teague and Weems are both > than Tucker. We let Weems destroy the D-league untill Hill retires.

Small Forward Rotation: Hill / Barnes / Diaw / Tucker vs. Anthony / Wallace / Hill / Barnes

No explanation required. Anthony is our future.

Power Forward Rotation: Stoudamire/Diaw/Amundson vs. Boozer/Barnes/Andersen/Skinner

Stoudamire might have higher trade value and more explosive than Boozer but I consider Boozer as the better 20-10 forward. Boozer is better rebounder, slightly better post defender and more skilled in the post than Amare. Boozer's long-term contract is somehow reasonable. Diaw/Amundson and Barnes/Andersen is a slight downgrade which is negligible. Diaw is better off playing as a starter somewhere than off the bench guy here in PHX.

Center Rotation: Shaq/Stoudamire/Lopez/Amundson vs. Okafor/Andersen/Gray/Skinner

Okafor is our future center. Not exactly the guy you want on offense but someone you would like to see beneath the basket either to finish the ball or clean the offensive glass. Shaqtus is better than Okafor especially how the former played this season, but lets admit it, his end is about to come. Lopez have been a bust so far. Andersen is doing fine in Denver. Gray could be our 6-12 minutes guy.

Trades and Transactions:

Salaries:

To follow:

sorry will do this in installment
Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 510

Post#24 » by Garmfay » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Oklahoma City Thunder
Email: HaHa123570@hotmail.com
AIM: Gotanza137

Starters:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Bench

Pine Patrol

Player Salaries:
BJ Mullens $3,008,400 $3,234,100 $3,459,700, $4,376,520
Rasheed Wallace $12,500,000 $12,500,000 $12,500,000
Kris Humphries $3,200,000 $3,200,000 (Player Option)
Darrell Arthur $1,050,480 $1,123,680 $2,027,119
Patrick Patterson $1,012,900 $1,088,800, $1,164,800, $1,916,096
Shawn Marion $12,000,000 $12,500,000 $13,000,000 $13,500,000
Austin Daye $806,452 $870,968 $935,484 $1,000,000
Kyle Singler $806,452 $870,968 $935,484 $1,000,000
Kevin Durant $4,796,880 $6,053,663
Danilo Gallinari $3,089,040 $3,304,560 $4,190,182
Ben Gordon $9,000,000 $9,500,000 $10,000,000 $10,500,000 $11,000,000
J.J. Redick $2,839,408
Daequan Cook $1,362,120 $2,169,857
Russell Westbrook $3,755,640 $4,017,720 $5,082,416
Acie Law IV $2,216,160 $2,940,844

Total Salaries: $61,443,932

Oklahoma City Thunder Depth Chart:
PG: Russell Westbrook (34)/Acie Law (14)
SG: Ben Gordon (35)/Daequan Cook (13)/JJ Redick
SF: Kevin Durant (38)/Danilo Gallinari (10)
PF: Shawn Marion (35)/Darrell Arthur (13)/Kris Humphries
C: Rasheed Wallace (32)/BJ Mullens (16)

In-Active: Kyle Singler, Austin Daye, Patrick Patterson

Draft Rights To:
Serge Ibaka, DeVon Hardin, Tony Woods

Draft Picks:
2010: OKL 2010 First, PHX 2010 First, HOU 2010 2nd

Trade Exception of 8.5 Million from Charlotte Trade

Transactions:
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Memphis Grizzlies: Chris Wilcox, Damien Wilkins, Johan Petro in exchange for Darko Milicic, Marko Jaric, Darrell Arthur
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Detroit Pistons: Earl Watson, Robert Swift in exchange for Antonio McDyess, Daequan Cook
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the New York Knicks: Marko Jaric, Desmond Mason in exchange for Ben Wallace
-The Oklahoma City Thunder claim Jermareo Davidson Off Waivers
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Atlanta Hawks: Jermareo Davidson, Nick Collison in exchange for Acie Law, Zaza Pachuila
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the New York Knicks: Jeff Green in exchange for Danilo Gallinari
-The Oklahoma City Thunder claim Josh McRoberts Off Waivers
-The Oklahoma City Thunder waived Josh McRoberts (Claimed by Magic)
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Orlando Magic: Zaza Pachulia in exchange for J.J. Redick and Eddie Jones
-The Oklahoma City Thunder waived Eddie Jones (Claimed by Magic)
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Cleveland Cavaliers: Ben Wallace in exchange for Larry Hughes and Kris Humphries
-The Oklahoma City Thunder, New Jersey Nets and New York Knicks: Larry Hughes and 2010 Oklahoma City Thunder 2nd Round Pick in exchange for Wally Szczerbiak
-The Oklahoma City Thunder waived Wally Szczerbiak
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Orlando Magic: Antonio McDyess in exchange for Anthony Parker and Jake Voskuhl
-The Oklahoma City Thunder declined Team Option on Saer Sene
-The Oklahoma City Thunder select BJ Mullens from Ohio State University, with the 4th overall pick.
-The Oklahoma City Thunder select Patrick Patterson from the University of Kentucky, with the 22nd overall pick.
-The Oklahoma City Thunder select Austin Daye from Gonzaga University, with the 34th overall pick.
-The Oklahoma City Thunder select Kyle Singler from Duke University, with the 36th overall pick.
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Charlotte Bobcats: Kyle Weaver in exchange for the Draft Rights to Tony Woods
-The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed BJ Mullens, Kyle Singler and Austin Daye to rookie contracts
-The Oklahoma City Thunder renounced Anthony Parker, Joe Smith, Saer Sene and Jake Vuskuhl
-The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Charlotte Bobcats: Darko Milicic and DJ White in exchange for a conditional 2010 Indiana 2nd Round Pick. (Top 55 Protected)
-The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed Ben Gordon to a 5 Year 50 Million Contract
-The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed Shawn Marion to a 4 Year 51 Million Contract
-The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed Rasheed Wallace to a 3 Year 37.5 Million Contract

Direction:
Win-Now and Win-Later
I think I did a great job combining youth with veterans. This team has potential to contend in the playoffs every year for at least the next 6-7 years. Sheed and Marion are probably going to decline in the next 2 years but gives me proven talent that I needed to help make this team better. I still have a very good young nucleus of Ben Gordon, Russell Westbrook, Darrell Arthur, Danilo Gallinari, Kevin Durant and BJ Mullens not to mention 3 rookie draftees and Cook. I didn't really make any big trades except for doing the Jeff Green Danilo Gallinari swap. At the time I had switched into an uptempo style of play and I didn't see Jeff Green as a good shooter. I though having Danilo's shooting and playmaking ability would be a better duo for Durant and Green. The decision to take Mullens at #4 was a big risky move I will admit. I honestly still don't like Thabeet as he has no offensive moves at all. With Mullens, he's got a great arsenal of moves he can do. I really wanted Greg Monroe and if wasn't for the draft lottery, he would have been on my team right now. Mullens had the most upside out of any Center and that was my need.

Goals for the 2009-2010 season
Make the playoffs. I think we need to show Durant that we are commited to winning and make him want to be with this team for some time. We brought in 3 major free-agents to help ease the pressure of Durant. We have a solid young bench and I think a great talented balance starting lineup. I would think we could get around 45-48 wins at least for the 09-10 season.

Explain how your team is better off in the future compared to when you took over.
Even though my team got better, I think I added more youth. I have 2 promising young PGs in Law and Westbrook as well as like 5 young SGs/SFs all could become a big piece in the future. I also have a young talented frontcourt in the likes of Humphries, Arthur, Patterson, Mullens. I got alot of pieces that could be packaged to bring in a superstar. I had a bunch of old veterans who weren't part of the future and swaped them for youth.
Out Are:
Joe Smith
Earl Watson
Chris Wilcox
Nick Collison
Damien Wilkens

In Are:
JJ Redick
Acie Law
Darrell Arthur
Kris Humphries
Daequan Cook

Explain how your team is better off in the present compared to when you took over.
I think my team is in alot better position than before. Not only do I have a pretty set starting lineup, I have great youth off the bench to be groomed until my veterans can't play at a high level anymore. I'm loaded with talent and I would say I am in good financial position. No contracts are long and I am no where near the luxury tax. Marion and Sheed were signed for maybe too long but I thin both still 2-3 good years left in them and can bring veteran presense and winning experience to a roster full of youth. I've built the team like the Phoenix Suns because the fans of a new team need excitment. I think the process would have been harder to build with a different strategy and the fans would lose interest. This type of basketball is what fans love and I think this team can be very good playing uptempo. All of my starting 5 with the exception of Rasheed is perfect for uptempo. Not only that but my bench thrives in this offense with the shooters like Cook, Daye, Redick, Singler and quick players I have off the bench. Sheed still fits as he has range on his jumpshot but most importantly, him and Marion bring much needed defense. I really think this team could be special and be one of the most entertaining teams in the league. I have Westbrook who can just beat anyone down the court, perfect for the uptempo and he gives me a lock down perimeter defender. I have Gordon a great secondary scorer to take pressure of Durant. Upfront I got the stat stuffer in Marion who can give me blocks, rebounds, transition points and rebounds. Sheed is a center that could help this team alot. He gives us that toughness that is needed to be successful.
Credit to Turbo_Zone
"The Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep"
ballboy4life
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#25 » by ballboy4life » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Nuggets
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#26 » by bryant08 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Depth Chart:

C Tim Duncan (32) - Kurt Thomas (16)
PF Lamar Odom (30) - Vladimir Radmanovic (15) - Kurt Thomas (3)
SF Ron Artest (30) - Michael Finley (10) - Matt Harpring (8)
SG Kobe Bryant (32) - Ime Udoka (10) - Michael Finley (6)
PG Jason Kidd (30) - Derek Fisher (18)

*would change in playoffs/finals

D-League: Dominic James
In suits or back ups in case of injury: Damion James, Stephen Graham, Josh Powell

Transactions:
1. Bynum/Odom/Farmar/Ariza/Yue/2009 1st rounder (unprotected) for Duncan/Udoka/Thomas
2. Gasol/Mihm for Artest/Scola/Claxton
3. Walton for Singleton/Fazekas/Baston
4. Singleton/Fazekas for nothing (min salary rule)
5. Scola/Vujacic/Claxton/Baston for Odom/Magloire/Graham/rights to Fran Vasquez
6. Re-signed Lamar Odom, Stephen Graham and Ime Udoka
7. Re-signed Ron Artest
6. Signed Jason Kidd
7. Signed Michael Finley
8. Signed Matt Harpring

Direction:

Going all out for the NBA Championship. The first second I got this Lakers team, I decided that I needed to go for it. I liked the roster I had to begin with, but I wanted to add a second bonafide superstar, better the overall team defense, and improve the depth. I have been able to accomplish all these, and I'm ecstatic with the end product.

I'd like to clear up one thing as well, whereas many people would think my team only has the legs for one year, I'd like this potential dynasty to be stretched out to 4-5 seasons, and I believe it can be done so. Jason Kidd might be 36 years old in 2 days, but the rest of my roster isn't as old as it seems. It may appear TD and Kobe have been tearing up the league for many years which is true, but they're still only 32 and 30 respectively. Ron Artest and Lamar Odom are just 29 years of age also. My bench is full of seasoned veterans, because as many teams' recent success shows, they come up huge in the playoffs.

The first big trade I made was sending a package including Bynum/Odom/1st rounder for TD and more. I pulled of this trade because I wasn't too happy with Odom's play at the time, the offer came up, and Tim Duncan isn't easy to pass up. An amazing leader, a great character, and one of the most consistent superstars in the league. His great passing is fantastic fit for the triangle offense, and his sound fundamentals will do wonders for this starting lineup. I gave up more than I would have liked, but I couldn't pass on the availability of TD.

I then proceeded to trade Gasol, which was an extremely hard move to pull off. I lost some value in the deal, but Gasol's value on the open market wasn't as high as I had perceived. I needed a wing stopper and a PF capable of starting back (I literally had no capable starting 3, would have to go with Kobe/Sasha, even though Sasha is having a terrible season), which I did recieve in Ron Artest and Luis Scola. I had to take on Speedy Claxton's contract, and I regretted taking this deal at times. But it worked out PERFECTLY for me later on, as I was able to re-acquire Lamar Odom and signed Jason Kidd to round out my starting lineup.

The last big trade I made was re-acquiring Odom, which I loved because I got rid of some baggage in Claxton in the process. Odom brings back that great length and ability to be effective without the ball. His versatility is going to be huge for us down the stretch, especially if any injuries occur. Scola was no doubt a very talented player, but I saw Odom as an upgrade, and getting rid of Claxton was the icing on the cake. Not to mention acquiring the rights to Fran Vazquez, who is obviously having buy-out issues with FC Barcelona, but if he ever wants to come over, is welcome. The Lakers were pleased to add that type of potential young talent to the squad.

In terms of my FA signings, I needed to solidify the PG spot, and wasn't expecting nab Jason Kidd with that offer. But it was a total steal, and Kidd now leads a team that has a great shot at the NBA Championship this season. Michael Finley slipped through the cracks as well, as I got him for the LLE, and the guy has started 63 games for the Spurs this season. Finally, I brought in Matt Harpring for the veterans minimum, as I liked his experience, solid rebounding from the SF position, and great leadership.

I never changed my direction, I wanted to go straight for that championship for this year and a few years to come. The plan for the future is to keep the core in tact, with TD/Kobe/Odom/Artest, and look to add to the bench through the draft and cheap, young free agents. We will also try to replenish our supply of veterans each year, as this year this squad is full of experience off the bench.

Goals:

Win the division, conference, and NBA Championship.

Why my team is better:

It's more geared towards the playoffs than it was before. The team is also 5 strong, the bench is much deeper and Kobe now has a supporting cast better suited to his needs. Tim Duncan is someone who can take over games single handedly, which since Shaq, the Lakers have not had. Pau Gasol is a great player no doubt, and he has had great success with LA, but he's not on Tim Duncan's level. I wasn't prepared to make a long term commitment financially and in terms of his role to Andrew Bynum. He could be the next great player in this league, but his injury problems and contract demands were massive deterrents in his future with the Lakers. Cashing in Tim Duncan for him was fantastic, and I would do it again and again. In terms of everything that was in and out of the club, you can clearly see the improvement here:

Out:
Andrew Bynum
Jordan Farmar
Trevor Ariza
Sun Yue
Pau Gasol
Chris Mihm
Sasha Vujacic
Luke Walton
2009 1st Rounder

In:
Damion James
Dominic James
Stephen Graham
Ime Udoka
Kurt Thomas
Matt Harpring
Michael Finley
Jason Kidd
Ron Artest
Kurt Thomas
Tim Duncan
rights to Fran Vazquez

The Future:

Whereas many teams love to have that financial flexibility, the Lakers don't, but the important thing to realize is that for the next 5 years, the Lakers can stay extremely competitive with the same core, just additions via the draft and free agency. As I mentioned before, Kobe/Artest/Odom/Duncan still have about 4-5 seasons left together (I do plan on re-signing each one when their contracts expire), and I believe that's a fantastic core going forward. In terms of the youth, Damion/Dominic James and Fran Vazquez look like solid prospects. Out team's prospects aren't as deep as some others in the competition, but keeping the balance of competitiveness and prospects is very difficult.

Why the Lakers will win:

- Experience
- 489 playoff games played among starters, 440 playoff games among rest of bench on depth chart
- 11 Championship rings total, 3 NBA Finals MVPs (courtesy of Timmay)

- Ability to execute the triangle offense, while also being able to score buckets in transition

- How we match up against the competition

- LeBron is always a threat, so the Cavaliers are definitely major competition. The Lakers have perhaps one of the only guys that can compete with LeBron physically in the 6-7, 260 pounds beast that is Ron Artest. Add in Tim Duncan's defense up top, and Lamar Odom's length and you have a deadly frontcourt defensively. Offensively, it's all about Kobe/TD.
- The Blazers are looking extremely talented as well, but if we were to meet in the WCF, the Lakers would have the upper hand. The Blazers are a relatively young team, and extremely weak defensively in some areas. The Lakers would attempt to pound the ball inside to TD, and try to get Oden in foul trouble. Of course it's still Kobe's team, and he will be controlling the offense. Kidd can try and initiate the fast break, while playing great defense on Nash. I mean defensively, you've got to love how my team matches up against some of the top tier competition.
- The Magic are very talented as well, but still pretty average defensively with guys Rashard/Dre Miller. If we meet in the NBA Finals, TD would have a massive responsibility defensively, and Kobe one offensively. But if there are two guys I'd choose to have those responsibilities in the NBA Finals, it's those two.

- Kobe Bryant/Tim Duncan. Two of the greatest players in the league on both ends of the floor.

- Defense/rebounding.

- Experienced bench equipped with defenders/shooters.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#27 » by deviljets7 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:32 pm

New Jersey Nets
AIM: DEVILJETS7
E-Mail: Jason.M.Bernstein@gmail.com

Starting Lineup
PG: Devin Harris ($8,400,000)
SG: Martell Webster ($5,000,000)
SF: Jeff Green ($3,516,960)
PF: Yi Jianlian ($3,194,400)
C: Brook Lopez ($2,255,880)

Bench
PG: Mike James ($6,466,600)
PG: Tyron Lue ($1,500,000)
SG: Demar DeRozan ($2,258,800)
SG: Chris Douglas-Roberts ($736,420)
SG/SF: Bobby Simmons ($11,242,667)
SF/PF: Ryan Anderson ($1,317,120)
PF: Reggie Evans ($4,960,000)
PF: Ahmad Nivins ($457,588)
C: Nenad Krstic ($5,000,000)
C: Kyrylo Fresenko ($870,000)

Depth Chart
PG: Devin Harris (36), Tyron Lue (12), Mike James
SG: Martell Webster (28), Chris Douglas-Roberts (12), Demar DeRozan (8)
SF: Jeff Green (36), Demar DeRozan (12), Bobby Simmons
PF: Yi Jianlian (26), Ryan Anderson (22), Reggie Evans
C: Brooks Lopez (30), Nenad Krstic (18), Reggie Evans

NBDL: Ahmad Nivins and Kyrylo Fesenko

Salary

Draft Picks
10: NJ #1
10: DAL #1 (unprotected)
11: NJ #1
11: NJ #2
11: NO #2
11: TOR #2
12: NJ #1
12: NJ #2
13: NJ #1
13: NJ #2

Transactions
1. Maurice Ager, Vince Carter and Stromile Swift to the Bulls for Larry Hughes, Thabo Sefolosha and Tyrus Thomas.

2. Keyon Dooling, Trenton Hassell and Eduardo Najera to the Hornets for Mike James and a 2011 2nd round pick (Nets also get a TE of roughly $4.4 million, USED in Transaction 5).

3. Jarvis Hayes to the Heat for Jamaal Magliore and Sean Marks

4. Waive Sean Marks

5. New Jersey and Dallas agree to a trade (done in 2 parts for it to work under the CBA)
Part 1: Trade Exemption (acquired from the Mike James trade) for Martell Webster
Part 2: Josh Boone and Sean Williams for Channing Frye

6. Waive Keith Van Horn

7. Trade Larry Hughes to Orlando for Wally Sczerbiak

8. Trade Jamaal Magliore for Kyrylo Fesenko

9. In a 3-team trade with New York and Oklahoma City, Nets trade Thabo Sefolosha, Wally Szczerbiak and Tyrus Thomas for Jeff Green and Kenyon Martin.

10 Match free agent offer sheet on Nenad Krstic (1 year $5 million, with 2nd year team option at $5.5 million).

11. Match free agent offer sheet on Martell Webster (3 years $5 million each season, with 4th year player option at $5 million).

12. Sign Tyron Lue to a 1 year $1.5 million contract.

13. Decline to match free agent offer sheet on Channing Frye.

14. In a 3-team trade with Dallas and Denver, Nets trade Kenyon Martin, NJ's 2010 #2 and GS' 2011 #1 (protected) for Mardy Collins, Reggie Evans, Sean Singletary and TOR's 2011 #2. (Nets also get a $8,049474 TE)

15. Waive Sean Singletary.

16. Sign Ahmad Nivins as an undrafted free agent (1 year with 2nd year team option)

17. Waive Mardy Collins

Explanation
While there were other moves made, the success or failure of my moves as a GM boils down to 4 moves: Vince Carter (Transaction 1), Martell Webster (5), Jeff Green (9) and Kenyon Martin (14).

The plan was to continue the rebuilding process so trading Carter was an immediate priority. Adding youth and more cap flexibility was the goal and I think it was accomplished with the additions of Tyrus Thomas and Thabo.

At this point I had a massive overload up front (Brook Lopez, Yi Jianlian, Ryan Anderson, Thomas, Josh Boone and Sean Williams) and a black hole at the wings. That's what made the Webster trade an absolute necessity for me to make. The selection of Demar DeRozan also helped solidify the depth at guard.

While my roster was a little more balanced than before, I felt like I was lacking that third core piece to go with Lopez and Devin Harris. Since cap space alone isn't enough to lure a top free agent, adding this piece became a top priority, even if it meant potentially sacrificing cap flexibility and/or depth (dealing Harris or Lopez was out of the question). Adding Wally Szczerbiak's expiring contract (Transaction 7), helped make a possible deal more viable.

Thanks in large part to Wally's expiring, I was able to get this core piece in Green. This is a deal that would not have gotten done without willing to swap Wally for Kenyon's contract. There's no way to sugar coat Kenyon's contract, but unlike some of the other contracts around the league (Eddy Curry types), Kenyon was if nothing else a productive player. With the other money I had cleared out in the Vince trade, I felt I still had the needed cap room for a 2010/11 free agency run.

However, once the restricted free agent offers started to come in on Webster, Nenad Krstic and Channing Frye, that cap room was in danger. That greatly increased the priority of moving Kenyon elsewhere, even if it meant adding incentives. While it stunk to give up two picks in addition to the best player in the trade, it was a deal I had to make. The savings earned from going to Kenyon's contract to Reggie Evans' deal allowed me to match RFA offers on Krstic and Webster without losing the cap room. IMO Krstic and Webster are more valuable than the picks I had to sacrifice.

Right Now
It's hard to make much of an argument that my team is better equipped to win now than it was when I inherited it. It's hard to improve when you deal a perennial all-star such as Carter. While it's a downgrade in terms of the present, I don't think the drop off from Carter to Green is drastic. The main improvement is from the real-life developments of Harris and Lopez since the game started. You can also argue that the roster is a little deeper and a better rebounding squad than before.

Rebuilding and developing young talent is still the goal here, which is why most of the veterans are sitting on the bench and dressed in Armani. I would fully expect to spend another season in the lottery, barring rapid improvements from my youngsters (most notably DeRozan or Yi).

The Future

I started this game with an all-star (Carter) and two potential all-stars (Harris and Lopez). Thanks to the ascension of Harris (all-star this season), the Green trade and the progression of Green/Lopez, I feel I still have a core of an all-star with two potential all-stars, but a lot younger.

DeRozan also has that all-star potential, but he's had enough inconsistencies in college that it'd be unfair to put him in the same category as the three players above. Yi and Webster have both had injury-plagued seasons to forget, but I'm not ready to give up on them yet. Anderson, Krstic and Douglas-Roberts I think are all at worst, solid role players with youth and solid contracts on their side.

I still have two likely lottery picks in 2010 (NJ and DAL finished in the bottom 5 in the league simulation last year) and depending on what I do with the options on Yi and Krstic, as much as $30 million in cap space for 2010/11.

My goal over the next year would be to add a franchise player and another young core player to the mix. With two likely lottery picks I don't think finding the young core player should be difficult, either through the draft or via trade (either moving up in the draft or for a young, proven player).

Getting the top free agents to leave aren't easy, but I think I would be an appealing destination for any free agent with a core of Harris, Lopez, Green, DeRozan and others already in place.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
sterncohen
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#28 » by sterncohen » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:55 am

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Nene 34 / Turiaf 14 / Hollins
Stoudemire 34 / B. Wright 14
Ariza 34 / Herrmann 14
R. Brewer32 / Szczerbiak 16 / Warren / D. Nelson
Ellis 32 / Farmar 16 / Udrih / W. Bynum

Amare Stoudemire - $16,378,325 - $17,686,100 (PO)
Beno Udrih - $6,031,800 / $6,478,600 / $6,925,400 + fourth year PO $7,372,200
Brandan Wright - $2,671,440 / $3,398,072 (TO) / $4,580,601 (QO)
DeMarcus Nelson - $736,420 (partially unguaranteed)
Jordan Farmar - $1,947,240 / $2,847,146 (QO)
Monta Ellis - $11,000,000 for each of the next four years, + fifth year PO
Nene - $10,520,000 / $11,360,000 / $11,600,000 (PO)
Ronnie Brewer - $2,717,161 / $3,779,571 (QO)
Rony Turiaf - $4,250,000 / $4,500,000 / $4,750,000 PO
Ryan Hollins - $1,264,355
Trevor Ariza - $6,000,000 / $6,250,000 / $6,500,000 + two more years at $6.75 and $7.0
Wally Szczerbiak - $3,000,000 / $2,750,000
Walter Herrmann - $1,999,000 / $1,999,000
Will Bynum - $825,497
Willie Warren $996,240 / ?

Total $70,337,478 / ?

Draft Picks:
2010 GS 1st, GS 2nd, Utah 2nd, Charlotte 2nd
2011 GS 1st owed to NJ but lottery-protected; GS 2nd
2012 GS 1st to NJ if not transferred in 2011, but top-11 protected; GS 2nd

Transactions
-- Acquired Carmelo Anthony and Nene from Denver in return for Andris Biedrins, Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, and 2009 GS 1st-round pick (top-3 protected, unprotected 2010)
-- Acquired Ronnie Brewer, Kyrylo Fesenko, and 2010 Utah 2nd-round pick from Utah for Anthony Randolph and Marco Bellinelli
-- Released Anthony Morrow
-- Acquired Jordan Farmar, Trevor Ariza, Javaris Crittenton, Greg Buckner, and 2009 LAL 1st-round pick (unprotected) from San Antonio for Corey Maggette, Marcus Williams, Rob Kurz, and Dion Dowell
-- Acquired Sean May and 2010 CHA 2nd-round pick for Javaris Crittenton and Kyrylo Fesenko
-- Signed Ryan Hollins
-- Acquired Amare Stoudemire, Beno Udrih, Francisco Garcia, and Will Bynum from Phoenix for Carmelo Anthony, Kelena Azubuike, C.J. Watson, and Greg Buckner
-- Acquired Quinton Ross from Phoenix for Richard Hendrix
-- Drafted Willie Warren
-- Re-signed free agents Trevor Ariza and Ryan Hollins; did not match offer for free agent Francisco Garcia; signed free agents Wally Szczerbiak and Walter Herrmann

Plan and Results
Get a superstar. Golden State had lots of decent players (unfortunately many with the same skills), but no one to build a team around. Good news: I was able to put together a package for Anthony and then move Anthony for Stoudemire, who is one of the most talented players in the league. Bad news: both Anthony and Stoudemire saw their stock decline over the course of the year, and Stoudemire does not seem as strong a bet for superstardom now as he did in November.

Put together a strong front line. I accomplished this – Nene and Stoudemire are an excellent starting duo, Wright still has enormous potential, and Turiaf is a strong backup C.

Clear up the logjam at SF and PG. I accomplished this too well – I went from a team with too many shooters on the wing to a team with too few. I addressed this by signing Szczerbiak and Herrmann as inexpensive free agents. Willie Warren also has tremendous potential on this front.

Get younger. I inherited a team whose key players included Jackson (30), Harrington (29), and Maggette (29), and I didn’t see the team contending while those guys are still in their prime. The major guys I brought in to replace them are Ariza (23), Ronnie Brewer (23), and Farmar (22). My entire starting lineup (Stoudemire and Nene are 26, and Ellis is 23) is now young and very athletic.

Goal for 2009-10: Return to the playoffs while developing the young talent.
Goal for 2010-11: Go deep in the playoffs.

Both goals are realistic if (a) Ellis returns to his pre-injury level of performance and (b) Stoudemire, now clearly the top dog on a team that will go as far as he takes them, can be motivated to play defense and rebound.

Comparison to roster when I took over:
Nene = Biedrins
Stoudemire >> Harrington
Ariza < Jackson short-term, = 1-2 years down the road
Brewer = Maggette (much better defense, less ability to create his own shot)
Ellis = Ellis

On the bench, Turiaf and Brandan Wright remain; Farmar is a major improvement at backup PG (Udrih was the price I paid for Stoudemire, and he won’t see much action unless someone is hurt); Szczerbiak and Herrmann take the place of Azubuike and Morrow reasonably well.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 16,166

Post#29 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 pm

Indiana Pacers
Email - pacerfan4life82@yahoo.com
AIM - xGrangeR33x

Starters:
Brad Miller
Chris Bosh
Danny Granger
Jamal Crawford
Chris Duhon

Depth Chart:

Miller(36)/Smith(12)/Magloire
Bosh(36)/Warrick(12)/McRoberts
Granger(40)/Warrick(6)/Summers(2)
Crawford(36)/Bogans(8)/Jones(4)
Duhon(32)/Lawson(12)/Head(4)

Salaries:

[b]Player - 08/09 - 09/10 - 10/11 - 11/12 - 12/13

Chris Bosh - $15,779,912 - $17,149,243
Danny Granger - $15,475,000 - $16,713,000 - $17,957,000 - $19,189,000 - $20,427,000
Brad Miller - $12,250,000
Jamal Crawford - $9,360,000 - $10,080,000
Chris Duhon - $6,031,800
Hakim Warrick - $5,000,000 - $5,000,000 - $5,000,000 - $5,000,000
Keith Bogans - $3,000,000 - $3,000,000
Josh McRoberts - $2,000,000 - $2,000,000
Francisco Elson - $1,700,000
Jason Smith - $1,418,880 - $2,187,913 - $3,135,279
Ty Lawson - $1,276,320 - $1,372,080 - $1,467,840 - $2,263,409 - $3,243,465
Jamaal Magloire - $1,181,803
DaJuan Summers - $1,129,320 - $1,214,040 - $1,298,640 - $2,203,792 - $3,206,517
Fred Jones - $1,033,342
Luther Head - $855,189
Rights to Andrew Betts
Rights to Erazem Lorbek
Rights to Stanko Barac

2008/2009 Total Salary - $70,002,352(need to update)

Qualifying Offer
Team Option
Player Option
Early Termination
No longer with team - paying contract.

Draft Picks:
2010 2nd Round Pick via Denver (rights to swap with LAC)
2011 1st Round Pick
2011 2nd Round Pick
2012 1st Round Pick
2012 2nd Round Pick

Transactions:
Trade 1: Mike Dunleavy, Roy Hibbert, Maceo Baston, and Josh McRoberts for Josh Smith, Speedy Claxton, and Solomon Jones

Trade 2: Speedy Claxton for Luther Head, Steve Francis, and Mike Harris

Trade 3: Jarrett Jack for $2,284,200 TE

Released: Mike Harris

Trade 4: Shawne Williams for Anthony Johnson and 2009 1st Round Pick(Unprotected)

Trade 5: Jeff Foster, Marquise Daniels, Luther Head for Brad Miller, Desmond Mason

Trade 6: Jamaal Tinsley for Jared Jefferies, 2010 Second Round Pick(via Denver with ability to swap with LAC)

Trade 7: Troy Murphy, 2010 2nd Round Pick for Hedo Turkoglu, Josh McRoberts, Shannon Brown

Trade 8: T.J. Ford, Solomon Jones, Brandon Rush, Jared Jefferies for Chris Duhon, Jamal Crawford, Hakim Warrick, 2010 2nd Round Pick via Orlando, Rights to swap either 2009 1st with Denver 2009 1st

Draft 1: Ty Lawson

Draft 2: DaJuan Summers

Trade 9: Travis Diener for Francisco Elson

FA 1: Re-signed Hakim Warrick

FA 2: Re-signed Josh McRoberts

FA 3: Re-signed Danny Granger

Trade 10: Josh Smith and 2010 First Round Pick for Chris Bosh

FA 4: Signed Keith Bogans

Trade 11: 2010 Orlando Second Round Pick for Jason Smith

FA 5: Signed Jamaal Magloire

FA 6: Signed Fred Jones

FA 7: Signed Luther Head

Changes: I took a team without many pieces and put together a team that I believe can contend. I managed to get Bosh, Miller, Duhon, Crawford, Warrick, and an extra first round pick without giving up Granger. I upgraded every single position on my team, outside the backup SG spot. I turned Ford/Dunleavy/Granger/Murphy/Hibbert into the team I have now. I think we have a good mix of offense and defense, and the Crawford/Duhon combo was great in NY before Crawford was traded. I had initially wanted him as a backup, but Turkoglu was offered too much money.

Now: I believe I have a team that can contend for a Championship. A Granger/Bosh combination is very deadly, especially with the supporting cast I put around them with talent and depth. I think Crawford along side Granger and Bosh is a perfect match. Brad Miller will give Bosh more space down low and enhance our wings with his passing skills. I have a very deep bench with some scorers and spark players.

Future: I think I have two nice building blocks with Granger and Bosh. I expect Bosh would resign with the supporting cast he has here, especially with the chance to play with Granger. Indiana has the nicest stadium in the NBA which will also appeal to him. I also have DaJuan Summers and Ty Lawson, I expect Lawson will become a very good PG, and Summers should be a good role player for the future. With Granger and Bosh both still young, I think I have a bright future.

I would have more only my CPU has been screwing up all night so I couldn't write more. Good luck to everyone, and I hope the judges look at the changes within the teams, not just the best one. Keep in mind, whoever started out with the Lakers, Cavs, or Blazers is going to have a much better team than whoever started out with the Knicks, so please judge the GM not the team - it didn't happen that way last game.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#30 » by deNIEd » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:46 am

Sacramento Kings

Depth Chart
PG: TJ Ford, J. Holiday, M. Chalmers
SG: K. Martin, N. Young, D. Stevenson
SF: D. Greene, E. Turner
PF: J. Thompson, G. Lawal
C : S. Hawes, R. Hendrix

Salaries

Other Assets
TPE
Beno Udrih Trade $5,585,000
Ron Artest Trade $912,112
Mike Bibby Trade $715,760

Picks
Sacramento '10 1st
Sacramento '10 2nd
Cleveland '10 2nd

Sacramento '11 1st
Detroit '11 1st
Sacramento '11 2nd

Sacramento '12 1st
Sacramento '12 2nd

Task
Given a 1 year period, my task was to give Sacramento the best opportunity to win. Looking at the original team the only choice was to rebuild. Although Sacramento isn't a poor team, this economy has hurt the organization, therefore our priorities were to
1) Stock up on talent
2) Put the team in a great situation finanically
3) Create as many possibilities as possible

Changes to the team
>Turned
Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, Beno Udrih, John Salmons, Francisco Garcia
into
Mario Chalmers, Nick Young, and 40 million in cap room

Team Future

This team was built on the belief that the ideal team combines both offense and defense. That not every player should be skilled and capable at all facets of the game, while still being able to specialize in a few. We believe that the ideal team will consist of great bigs and strong guards. And our fundamental belief is that a team should never rush into or be forced into any situation.

Point Guard - TJ Ford, Jrue Holiday, Mario Chalmers
Our current starting point guard is TJ Ford. Ford will be able to lead the team for a portion of the season, and depending on his play, we may or may not decide to move him for other assets. Regardless of the situation, he is a free agent at the end of the season and we control his bird rights.
Our other two point guards are Jrue Holiday and Mario Chalmers. Both players were specifically selected for their defense. Both players are good defensive players already, but Sacramento believes they will both be able to become great defensive players, both top 5 in the league for PG's. Jrue will likely start between the two, while seeing minutes at the SG position as well due to his size. Both players will likely average around 30 minutes in their prime.

Shooting Guard - Kevin Martin, Nick Young, Deshawn Stevenson
Small Forward - Donte Greene, Evan Turner
Power Forward - Jason Thompson, Gani Lawl
Center - Spencer Hawes, Richard Hendrix

Return to Trades and Transactions Games