BaNT Semi-final: matchups & votes (merged)

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: BaNT Semi-final: Vintage36 vs. dcash4 

Post#21 » by VintaGe36 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:56 pm

I've been too busy to devote the time I'd like to for a detailed write up, and honestly, I'm pretty beat from the past two write ups, I think i'll just let the judges decide this one.
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Re: BaNT Semi-final: Shaqsux vs. CellarDoor 

Post#22 » by Sports Arsenal » Mon Mar 9, 2009 9:09 pm

Easy killer...

No offense meant...

Sorry about leaving out shooting guard defense. Honestly it took me about 10 attempts to post my write up, due to having a sick kid needing attention sporatically.

SG Defense---- Well as a Bulls fan, you know Gordon has made major strides in his development of his defense. I actually even posted in the first round a quote from Skiles saying that he actually felt confident putting Gordon in to defend some shooting guards. I don't think Gordon can "lock down" Martin, but he surely can contest his shot. And you better have Caron in there, or Lebron will be guarding Martin.

You can actually look back in this game and look at all of the people who said a Lebron-Kidd-Bynum tandem is a great thing. Lebron characteristically has always been a ball in hand player, because he has never played with a great pg like Kidd, with Kidd on the court, I now have to great ball handlers on the court and Kidd could make things a lot easier on Lebron.

Bowen will not stretch the offense still.

Nash maybe capable of playing the minutes but I believe he will be hindered.

Boston did have good success in slowing down Lebron. Lebron has almost NO ONE to take some of the offensive load off his shoulders, look around him now.

All and all, great match up... I really appreciated this round as well... May the best team win...
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by Sports Arsenal » Mon Mar 9, 2009 9:13 pm

Dcash in 6
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#24 » by SportsFan215 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 9:17 pm

Good matchup. dcash in 7.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#25 » by SportsFan215 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 9:17 pm

Shaqsux in 6.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,370

Post#26 » by dockingsched » Mon Mar 9, 2009 10:40 pm

r0cd0gg wrote:#1knicksfan in 6

u can go ahead and vote now that the voting period has begun. unfortunately that previous vote won't count, the gm's deserve a little time to make their case.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by VintaGe36 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 11:23 pm

No one else thinks giving Duncan guys capable of taking over a game, at pretty much every position, who can for the most part all D up?

Kevin Martin is rougly as good as Ray Allen this year(more points, less efficiency)

Sadly however, it would be a different story of Cellar had Ray Ray instead of K$. Call it veteran perception, but I think people are overlooking the talented arsenal Duncan is surrounded with.

Cellar in 6.
ballboy4life
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#28 » by ballboy4life » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:29 am

I've been a hater of Tim Duncan for a long time (probably not with any reason behind it, but just don't like him). However, with Andrew Bynum playing PF for part of the game and Boris Diaw playing C for some of it too just doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Shaqsux.
I do believe LeBron is the man who will take over at least 2 of the games to the point where it doesn't matter who else is on the floor for his team (see Cavs prior to this year :D ). The talented group of players for Shaqsux should make it hard for Cellardoor to win, but here's why I think that Cellar's going to take it in 7:

Defense...we all know it wins championships. Bruce Bowen will be able to contain LeBron better than most others in the league, which should create a lot of opportunities for Cellardoor's team to prevent a lot of scoring. In addition, the combo of Brendan Haywood and Tim Duncan, while not as talented as Bynum and Aldridge, is more prepared for this year in the playoffs (for god sakes Duncan can still thrive with Oberto out there :wink: ) Finally, I think Steve Nash will make a lot of the difference. While I have the upmost respect for Jason Kidd, I think Nash will play better and for all those Chris Duhon haters out there, he's going to do great in this type of series.

Cellardoor in 7
ballboy4life
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#29 » by ballboy4life » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:31 am

Dcash in 5..the team is just that balanced not to let more than one slip away

Shaqovich '12.
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by Sports Arsenal » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:25 am

By the way. The only time Diaw wil be center is when Okur is playing center. So I can have someone to come out on him
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#31 » by MJallday59 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:40 am

What an awesome series this would be!

The rules of the game call for players to be judged by this seasons output. Great job by both teams for putting together awesome talent.

While I'm a huge fan of Duncan, I have a hard time seeing him carrying this team into the finals. The combo of Jason Kidd and Mo williams would prove to be too much for Nash/Duhon. Williams is having a career year and while Duhon is solid, it's not enough.

Bruce Bowen at this point in his career can't stop Lebron. Period! There's a reason why he isn't starting as much, he's a bit slower than usual and has lost a little of his edge.

Adlridge is a softy, Duncan dominates here.

Haywood hasn't played a game all season!! Why is he starting??? Which leaves Okur and Amir Johnson vs Bynum, Aldridge, Dampier, Diaw.....tough

Shaqsux in 6
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by Sports Arsenal » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:51 am

Yeah I dont understand...

Haywood drafted- Jan 19th
Haywood injured Oct 4th???

He should not be allowed in...
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#33 » by CellarDoor » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 am

He's starting because we were instructed to assume he was healthy. And Kidd isn't exactly carrying anyone this year either. Nash always steps it up in the playoffs...and again, no one person is stopping Lebron (or duncan) in this series.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by CellarDoor » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:34 am

ShaqSux wrote:Yeah I dont understand...

Haywood drafted- Jan 19th
Haywood injured Oct 4th???

He should not be allowed in...

Because we were to assume he was coming back on schedule, his set-back to keep him out longer wasn't publicized until after the draft.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,370

Post#35 » by dockingsched » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:00 am

just confirming, 6thman said that haywood would be considered healthy when he was still participating.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
sterncohen
Bench Warmer
And1: 38

Post#36 » by sterncohen » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 am

ShaqSux in 6.
sterncohen
Bench Warmer
And1: 38

Post#37 » by sterncohen » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:23 am

DCash in 7. In overtime.
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by Sports Arsenal » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:01 am

Cellar,
No offense man, although there may be nothing that can be done about it now, I don't think that special exemption should have been allowed.

If you look at nba.com, it has a date stamp of October 8th... 4-6months. We all know 4-6 months always turns into longer. Following that there is date stamp of October 16th that says he could be out for the entire season. I think exceptions like the ones that are made for players injured should only be used when the player was not injured when drafted. I do not think we should be allowed to roll the dice on a player coming back for an injury, to begin with. Let alone that his performance can or will be similar to play before the injury.

To the voters,
Be aware that Haywood was injured at the time he was drafted, this game is to be voted on how the player/ team would perform "THIS YEAR". Irregardless of timetable for return, my opponent drafted him fully aware that Haywood had missed 3 months prior to drafting him and his timetable for recovery was uncertain.

Like I said Cellar, No offense. Just in sport of the game.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by VintaGe36 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:18 am

Cellar cleared it with TSM who was in charge, you simply cannot go back on a rule that was established, and have to vote with the idea that Haywood IS healthy, and is a superb Defender at the C position.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by CellarDoor » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:22 am

Also, I take offense to making a blanket comment about us all know that 4 month injuries turn into longer. Kirk Hinrich was supposed to be out 4 months and came back almost 6 weeks early. At this point I think the voters pool is poisoned enough and if you take away my sixth round pick, then there's absolutely no reason to continue the voting as that creates a huge handicap.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games