Trade Tourney - Champion: VintaGe36

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Re: Inaugural Trade Tourney - 1st rnd scenarios up! post trades! 

Post#41 » by Teddy KGB » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:38 am

dcash4 wrote:3. JHos Hydro vs. 14. sterncohen

the kings have decided that they want to completely rebuild next offseason, hopefully clearing up enough capspace to go after a big free agent. get the kings capspace.

First, let me start off by saying I have no idea why SAC would go through the trouble and talent loss with getting majorly under the cap in 2009 when they're in a great position to make a big splash in the summer of 2010 which is a lot better. However, in this scenario they apparently want to so:

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -0.3 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

Incoming Players
Eric Snow
Joe Smith
Desmond Mason
2009 1st CLE [Top 20 protected]

Outgoing Players
Francisco Garcia
Mikki Moore
Kenny Thomas

Cleveland Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +16.7 ppg, +8.3 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

Incoming Players
Mikki Moore
Damien Wilkins

Outgoing Players
Eric Snow
2009 1st [Top 20 protected]

Oklahoma City Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -16.4 ppg, -6.9 rpg, and -2.7 apg.

Incoming Players
Francisco Garcia
Kenny Thomas

Outgoing Players
Damien Wilkins
Joe Smith
Desmond Mason

Why for SAC: Sacramento essentially dumps talent for expirings here. The talent in question is Fransisco Garcia who is a decent young player who can contribute. However, you have to remember that Garcia's best position is the 2 where the Kings already have Kevin Martin and so this deal won't really hurt them in terms of the future since the 2 is locked up anyways. Losing 2 PFs opens up play time for Jason Thompson and Shelden Williams. However, what this deal does give them is an extra 18M in expirings for this coming off season which gives them max cap space there. They also get a 1st to help the rebuilding process.

B Miller/S Hawes
J Smith/J Thompson/S Williams
J Salmons/D Mason
K Martin/D Mason
B Udrih/?

Why for OKC: Yes, they do take on Kenny Thomas. But you have to remember that this is a team with only 33M in guaranteed contracts for 2009 so this deal still leaves them with max cap space and KT is expiring before the bonanza of the 2010 off season anyways. In return for their trouble, they receive Garcia who is a good young player who can be their SG of the future. This would also leave them the option of trading one of Wilcox or Collison. They would also follow this deal up by trading Petro for a backup swingman.

N Collison/C Wilcox
J Green/C Wilcox
K Durant/D White
F Garcia/?
R Westbrook/E Watson

Why for CLE: They're the big winners of the trade talentwise as they deal a guy who is extremely sh*t for 2 guys who aren't. Moore and Wilkins aren't big names but they are solid role players who would look good next to LeBron. Moore will give them hustle in the post and Wilkins would provide another much needed scoring threat off the bench. The only cost is a highly protected 1st which neither of these players is worth alone but together IMO they are worth a very late 1st. Cleveland become one of the deepest teams in the league with this trade.

Z Ilgauskas/B Wallace
A Varejao/M Moore
L James/D Wilkins
D West/S Pavlovic
M Williams/D Gibson
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#42 » by Gremz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:29 am

dcash4 wrote:

6. eitanr vs. 11. Gremz

denver is not looking like they are going to be able to seriously compete for a title this season, set them up for a future run at the title, ideally moving allen iverson. keep an eye on the payroll.

Ok, may aswell get my demise out of the way quick.

Denver trades: Kenyon Martin, Allen Iverson, Dahntay Jones, Sonny Weems
Denver receives: Ben Wallace, Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Drew Gooden

Cleveland trades:Ben Wallace, 2009 2nd Round Pick, Darnell Jackson
Cleveland receives: Kenyon Martin, Dahntay Jones

Chicago trades: Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Drew Gooden
Chicago receives: Sonny Weems, Allen Iverson, Darnell Jackson, 2009 2nd Round pick

Why for Cleveland: With Big Z manning most of the C minutes, Wallace will be playing out of position most of the time. Kenyon will still be a defensive presence at the PF spot, yet will be able to provide the offense that Big Ben so sorely lacks. They get the PF they so desperately need.

Why for Denver: The move the ageing Iverson while he still has some trade value left, in the process picking up their PG of the future in Hinrich, and give a chance to a disgruntled Ben Gordon to get his career back on track. The will both get much more of a showing in Denver than with the new look Chicago outfit. If Gordon doesn't solve their problems he will at the very least come off the books during the offseason. Drew Gooden is moved to solidify the PF spot's rotation with Martin's exit. His expiring will also help with their luxury tax situation.
They have also just lost a major defensive presence in Camby, and now look quite thin frontcourt. This deal helps to shed a year off Martin's deal and round out the roster. With Nene tied up to such big $$$, Martin's exit is only logical.

Why for Chicago: WIth Rose being taken as the number 1 pick, Chicago will soon turn into his team. The youth in Deng/Noah/Thomas need floor time to grow with their new young stud, so they are moved to accomodate floor time. Iverson himself brings veteran leadership to mentor Rose while he finds his feet, and his scoring ability will be priceless. Hinrich's long contract will not serve well as a backup PG in the years to come. Ben Gordon has well overstayed his welcome in Chicago and is moved before he starts becoming a major problem. Iverson's expiring contract also provides flexibilty cap wise with Nocioni and Deng tied up to such long term deals.

Cleveland

Williams/West/Snow
Szczerbiak/Gibson/Jones
James/Pavlovic/Dupree
Martin/Varejao/Hickson
Ilgauskas/Wright/Jones

Chicago

Rose/Hughes/Washington
Iverson/Sefolosha/Weems
Deng/Nocioni/Powell
Thomas/Simmons/Brown
Noah/Gray/Jackson

Denver

Hinrich/Carter/Atkins
Smith/Gordon
Anthony/Kleiza/Balkman
Nene/Gooden/Howard
Wallace/Hunter
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#43 » by Teddy KGB » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:25 am

Isn't only 1 trade allowed?
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#44 » by Gremz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:38 am

JHos Hydro wrote:Isn't only 1 trade allowed?

Oh Snap! Well nice work on reading the rules Gremz you idiot. Haha, i guess instant DQ for me then???? Man i can be a muppet.

I don't want to hold the game up, so if allowed i recind my Denver/Cleveland trade. However i accept any and all punishment for my laziness.

Sad thing too, could have just send Jones to Cleveland and their second to Chicago and it's actually one trade :rofl:
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,043

Re: Inaugural Game Board Trade Tourney 

Post#45 » by SimonFish » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:56 pm

dcash4 wrote:5. DGrangeRx33 vs. 12. SimonFish

the guard glut in chicago has created a lot of hurt ego's. hinrich, gordon, rose, sefolosha, and hughes are just too many players for too few minutes. clean up the glut (gordon refuses to waive no trade clause).

Chicago gives out: Larry Hughes, Andres Nocioni, Gray
Chicago receives: B.Simmons, Hassell, Bonner, Oberto

Nets gives out: B.Simmons, Hassell
Nets receives: Larry Hughes, SAS 2nd round pick

Spurs gives out: Bonner, Oberto, 2nd round pick
Spurs receives: Nocioni, Gray

Why for the Bulls:

Rose/Hinrich
Gordon/Sefolosha/Hassell
Deng/Sefolosha/B.Simmons
Gooden/Thomas/Ruffin
Noah/Oberto/Bonner

This basically solves the guard glut by trading Hughes for Hassell, who barely plays, and trading Nocioni so that Sefolosha can gain some minutes in the SF spots (and Rose can gain more minutes for his deveolpment). Oberto and Bonner can provide veteran presence in the front court.

Why for the Nets:

Harris/Dooling
Carter/Hughes/Ager
Najera/Hayes/CDR
Yi/Swift/Anderson
Boone/Williams/Lopez

Trading Hassell and B.Simmons away can solve their forward gluts. And this trade actually helped them to save around 1m in the next summer, which can help them to grap a veteran to help the young team.

Why for the Spurs:

Parker/Vaughn/Hill
Gino/Finley/Mason
Bowen/Nocioni/Udoka
TD/Nocioni/Tolliver
KT/TD/Mahinmi

They have wanted Nocioni for a long time. This package for getting him is really an earn for the team. Kurt Thomas can replace Oberto's starting position, and if the team wanted to play small lineup, Nocioni would definitely help in the 4, or playing the 3 to replace Bowen. Gray had better per stats than Oberto, and his young than him, this deal really helped the team a lot.
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#46 » by nba_addict » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:00 pm

dcash4 wrote:8. MJallday59 vs. 9. nba_addict

vince carter has made it known, privately, that the complete rebuild of the nets is more than he can handle and would like to go to a contending team. make it happen.

This is the best that I could think of. :oops:

Trade ID 4780933

NJ In / WAS Out: Gilbert Arenas, Nick Young and Etan Thomas
NJ Out / WAS In: Vince Carter, Devin Harris, Josh Boone

New Washington Line-Up:

Harris / Daniels / Dixon
Carter / Stevenson / Dixon
Butler / Jamison / Stevenson
Jamison / Boone / MacGee
Haywood / Blatche / Boone

A very much balanced and potent line-up to go against teams in the East.

New Jersey Line Up:

Arenas / Dooling
Young / CDR
Simmons / Hayes
Yi / Williams
Thomas / Lopez

NJ is eyeing the 2010 free agency hoping to land LBJ and to do so the team should be deep in each position except SF spot. At first look NJ seems to be overpaying on this deal but this is on the premise that Arenas is younger and more exposive than Carter. Nick Young's upside is quite high and has to potential to become another great scorer. Thomas is an expiring by 2010.

Come 2010 NJ's roster would look like something like this and there would still be enough cap space to sign another FA like Wade or Bosh or other second tier like Stephen Jackson, Mike Miller, Chandler, Haywood, etc.

Arenas /
Young / CDR
LBJ (?) / Anderson
Yi / Williams
Lopez / Williams
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,328

Post#47 » by dockingsched » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Gremz wrote:
JHos Hydro wrote:Isn't only 1 trade allowed?

Oh Snap! Well nice work on reading the rules Gremz you idiot. Haha, i guess instant DQ for me then???? Man i can be a muppet.

I don't want to hold the game up, so if allowed i recind my Denver/Cleveland trade. However i accept any and all punishment for my laziness.

Sad thing too, could have just send Jones to Cleveland and their second to Chicago and it's actually one trade :rofl:

edit your post, there's plenty of time.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
The Sixth Man
Senior
And1: 0

Post#48 » by The Sixth Man » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Am I allowed to make a change to my trade idea? The teams would still be the same, but I'd make a slight change to the players involved.
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#49 » by Gremz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:32 pm

Trade edited to meet requirements.
ws26
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#50 » by ws26 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:53 pm

Memphis needs to get a big catch before the free agent period of 2009 so that a Josh Smith situation won't occur again.

Memphis
Incoming: Kirilenko
Outgoing: Gasol, Jaric, 2009 1st top ten protected

Utah
Incoming: Gasol, Jaric, 2009 1st top ten protected
Outgoing: Kirilenko

Memphis gets their big catch with Kirilenko. He can run the floor with this increasingly athletic squad at the PF spot. They lack big men, and Kirilenko is a proven one. They have him for two years, so if it doesn't work out, no big deal. Also, they counteract some of the salary with getting rid of Jaric.

Utah gets some assets that Sloan could work with in Utah. They take Gasol, who is young and if conditioned by one of the toughest, could be great alongside Boozer. The Jazz also clear some cap room to re-up their Boozer once he's a free agent. Jaric is not fun to take on, but the 1st rounder makes up for it.
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#51 » by MJallday59 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:02 am

With Vince Carter asking to be moved:

Trade

The New Jersey Nets Receive

Richard Hamilton
Antonio Mcdyess
2009 First Round Lotto protected pick

The Detroit Pistons Receive
Vince Carter
Stromile Swift

Pistons - I understand that the Pistons may be a little hesitant in accepting Carters long contract but he has about 3 good years of ball in him. His arrival might be enough to get detroit back over the hump as he can consistently create his own shot. By the time he begins to drastically declines, Afflalo and Stuckey (who is already ready for major minutes) should be able to handle the load offensively and defensively.

Billups/Stuckey
Carter/Afflalo
Prince/Hermann
Maxiell/Johnson
Wallace/Brown

New Jersey - If the primary goal for NJ is 2010, then this deal is perfect for them. Rips contract (Including all options) ends right before the 2010 FA class thus giving them the option of re-signing him or pursuing two max players. (Lebron and Bosh anyone???) Should they decide to re-sign him, he'll be 32 years old so his game should still hold up somewhat over that span of time. He'd also be an excellent mentor to CDR by the way...but that's just my opinion.

Now

Devin Harris/Dooling/Ag
Rip Hamilton/Hayes
Bobby Simmons/CDR
Antonio Mcdyess/Yi/Anderson
Josh Boone/Williams/Lopez

Later

Devin Harris/Keyon Dooling
Rip Hamilton/CDR
Lebron James/Ryan Anderson
Yi Jianlin/Josh Boone
Brook Lopez/Sean Williams
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,328

Post#52 » by dockingsched » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:31 am

The Sixth Man wrote:Am I allowed to make a change to my trade idea? The teams would still be the same, but I'd make a slight change to the players involved.

yeah, go ahead. don't want to punish someone for posting their trade in a very timely fashion.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#53 » by skorff26 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:28 am

dcash4 wrote:RULES:
7. ws26 vs. 10. skorff26

the grizzlies are intent on using their capspace before the trade deadline so they don't have to compete with 09 capspace teams. get the grizzlies a player not named zach randolph.

Memphis and Sacramento
Memphis Out/Sacramento In: Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner
Sacramento Out/Memphis In: Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, Sheldon Williams, 09 2nd

Why for Memphis? They get their big man help in Brad Miller. Miller would be the C that they need. They also get Sheldon Williams and they could give him minutes and see if he could develop into a solid player. BUT best of all KT and miller both expire in 2010, thus Memphis would have 2010 cap space to deal with, and also Memphis gives up none of their future assets.

Why for Sacramento? Walker and Buckner are UNGUARANTEED contracts next year, thus they are expiring contracts. So, by trading away Miller, KT, and Williams; they pick up available cap room for next year. They would be far enough under the cap to offer a max deal to someone. They would begin their rebuild around Udrih/Martin/Garcia/Thompson/Hawes and Greene/09 Sac 1st rounder (probably fairly high)/ and a max contract offered to a player in the 09 offseason.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Re: Inaugural Trade Tourney - 1st rnd up! 12 of 16 already in! 

Post#54 » by CellarDoor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Here's my first four rounds of judging:

4. randomhero423 vs. 13. The Sixth Man

Randomhero: four teams is getting close to being too big, but the main
problem you're running into is that Utah pick. First, it can't be in 08,
second, the 09 pick can't be traded yet either iirc. I'm also not sure
GSW will trade Captain Jack and Harrington only to have the only player
they really add long term being Reggie Evans.

Sixth Man: This is a pretty functional trade. I think Hedo and Iggy can
help Lou with the playmaking as well. I'm not quite sure Orlando does
this, but it's creative.

My vote goes to...The Sixth Man

3. JHos Hydro vs. 14. sterncohen

JHos Hydro: First of all, it seems like Mikki Moore's addition is pretty
redundant since he can be cut at the end of the year. I'm not sure Cle
gives up a pick just to get Moore and Wilkins. Overall it's a creative
trade though. Wilkins could do some damage alongside LBJ.

Sterncohen: You're right, it is big and ugly! The one thing I question is
why Sacto can't manage to get a single prospect out of all that talent
in addition to a 2 year contract that does nothing to either team's
capspace.

My vote goes to...Sterncohen

8. MJallday59 vs. 9. nba_addict

MJallady59: I really can't see Det doing this. Rip fits in fantastically
in this lineup and you have them not only flipping him for VC, but then
trading the better big man and a 1st for Swift.

NBA_addict: Well it's certainly creative! I don't know about feasibility,
but it's a fair-value trade IF Arenas comes back showing no ill effects.

My vote goes to...NBA_addict

7. ws26 vs. 10. skorff26
ws26: AK would fit pretty well into this offense, but you've got them giving
up what could be a lotto pick and their new C that they've been jock-riding
this summer. I'm not sure Memphis is ready to do this.

skorff26: While I like the idea of keeping all their future pieces and some
capspace, this trade gives them four guys who are Cs and leaves them thin at
PF still. I'm not sure any of Haddidi, Gasol, Milicic, or Miller should be
playing the 4.

My votes goes to...ws26
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 306

Post#55 » by eitanr » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:55 pm

6. eitanr vs. 11. Gremz

denver is not looking like they are going to be able to seriously compete for a title this season, set them up for a future run at the title, ideally moving allen iverson. keep an eye on the payroll.

-Allen Iverson and Steven Hunter
for
Raef Lafrentz, Martel Webster, Steve Blake, Joel Pryzbilla, '09 first round pick

Why for Portland:
The Blazers need a veteran to put that team amongst the Western Elite. They are currently missing a true perimeter scorer and would almost prefer that role to be the PG position. In this deal Portland unloads a lot of their glut, a probable late pick in a weak draft, in exchange for someone that could really improve the club in the next several seasons. Roy would fit well in that point wing role and Iverson can switch over to the 2 when other PGs are inserted into the lineup.
PF L. Aldridge/ C. Frye/ I. Diogu
SF T. Outlaw/ R. Fernandez/ N. Batum
C G. Oden/ S. Hunter
SG B. Roy/ S. Rodriguez
PG A. Iverson/ J. Bayless

Why for Denver:
The Nuggets may not get a more favorable deal for Iverson. Here they get more depth at the 5 slot. Joel can easily man the Center slot and allow Nene to come off the bench as a 4/5. His contract is also reasonable for a center. Webster is very young and is a nice shooter who can improve his numbers around Anthony. Blake is also a nice compliment at the 1 with a nice shooting touch. After that, the extra pick in 2009 should help the up and coming Nuggets. The deal also allows JR Smith to excel back in his 6th man role. Raef's deal is expiring as well.
PF K. Martin/ C. Anderson
SF C. Anthony/ L. Klieza/ R. Balkman
C J. Pryzbilla/ Nene
SG M. Webster/ JR Smith
PG S. Blake/ A. Carter/ C. Atkins
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by CellarDoor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:17 pm

6. eitanr vs. 11. Gremz

Eitanr: I'm not sure Portland has interest in another scorer, especially AI at the point. Even if he cuts his shots down, he's going to want to handle the ball a lot and they have Roy for that. That said, Gremz sent him to Chicago to stunt Rose's development, so I won't hold it against you :). I actually think is a solid deal with one exception: Pryzbilla. I think Portland would rather keep him and I think that a guy like Frye might have been a better served substitute. If i'm the nuggets I don't want KMart, Nene and Joel taking up over half my payroll at two positions.

Gremz: You get some points for calling yourself a muppet. I almost spit out my OJ this morning. One cosmetic note: You have chicago receiving Darnell Jackson, but I don't know where he's coming from because he's not in the outgoing. I'm a little concerned that Denver won't want Hinrich is AI is on his way out, but I think he's got enough value to them that they may do it anyhow. Gordon's insertion in this trade is a real problem though. This year he's on his QO and has to approve any trade he's involved in. It's a widely believed notion that he won't do this under any circumstance because no team will have his bird rights then.

My vote goes to...Eitanr
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#57 » by Gremz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:26 pm

CellarDoor wrote:6. eitanr vs. 11. Gremz

One cosmetic note: You have chicago receiving Darnell Jackson, but I don't know where he's coming

Yeah that's just poor form. HA, man do i cause trouble.
He's exiting from CLE, edited for future referance.

Side note: I wasn't aware of the QO/agree trade rule. Thanks for the info man, rookie mistake.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by CellarDoor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:30 pm

It's not that he cannot be traded due to rules, it's just pretty much a foregone conclusion that he isn't going to get traded due to looking out for #1, which he should be at this point.
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#59 » by Gremz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Dam, i knew i should have included my theory of him being the world's biggest Avs fan.
Jud's Buechlers
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#60 » by Jud's Buechlers » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:15 am

dcash4 wrote:2. VintaGe36 vs. 15. Jud's Buechlers

the pacers are intent on getting rid of all bad characters now that they've traded shawne williams, only tinsley is left. denver has completely backed out of their trade with the pacers. find tinsley a new home.

Indiana Out: Jamaal Tinsley, Travis Diener, Maceo Baston, 2nd rounder from Dallas (09?)
Indiana In: Udonis Haslem, Marcus Banks

Miami Out: Udonis Haslem, Marcus Banks
Miami In: Andre Miller

Philadelphia Out: Ander Miller
Philadelphia In: Jamaal Tinsley, Travis Diener, Maceo Baston, 2nd rouder from Dallas (09?)

Why for Indiana: Indiana gets rid of the headache Tinsley and picks up Haslem which gives them a compliment to the outside oriented game of Murphy. This allows Ford and Jack to run the point with Banks sliding in as the 3rd pg. The Pacers could now have a big man rotation of Murphy, Haslem, Foster, Rasho and rookie Roy Hibbert. They also keep McRoberts who is a gamble to be a decent player at a very cheap price. With Ford, Dunleavy, Granger, Haslem, Murphy… they are a legit center (Hibbert can play some of those minutes eventually) away from being one of the most talented teams in the East with a chance to contend led by Granger.

Why for Miami: Miami gets a great starting point guard to start with Wade, Marion, and Beasley. Miller is also an expiring deal which will give them Miller ($10.33 Million) and Marion ($17.81 Million) coming off the books at the end of this year if they do not re-sign them. They could use this money to sign Boozer who has been linked to them and perhaps keep Miller. The best part of the trade is that they get rid of Banks who would just be behind all of their other pgs. They can also trade one of their other pgs like Chalmers or Quinn in a deal for another big man.

Why for Philadelphia: As stated in another trade scenario, Miller is ineffective in Philadelphia. They get a new PG in Tinsley that could work with this group. He could also command a few less minutes which would give Louis Williams more time on the floor. They also pick up Diener who is a good 3rd pg and Baston who is over $2 million expiring. They also pick up a Dallas 2nd rounder that Indiana got in the Shawne Williams trade as a sweetener.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games