Mock Off-Season: Roster Page

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Re: Mock Off-Season: Roster Page 

Post#61 » by sportscrazy » Fri Jun 2, 2017 12:57 pm

Alright, so who wants to take over Cleveland and Miami?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#62 » by BullyKing » Fri Jun 2, 2017 2:54 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Alright, so who wants to take over Cleveland and Miami?

I'll take Miami if it helps. Sixers don't plan to be very active in free agency any way.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,844

Post#63 » by stitches » Fri Jun 2, 2017 3:05 pm

BullyKing wrote:

I'll take Miami if it helps. Sixers don't plan to be very active in free agency any way.

The Jazz have an offer for Goran Dragic if you are interested.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#64 » by BullyKing » Fri Jun 2, 2017 3:07 pm

stitches wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

The Jazz have an offer for Goran Dragic if you are interested.

Once and if I am appointed, I would be interested. Not sure I understand the Brook Lopez trade but whatever. Seems like the best option is to clear the decks for a quick rebuild around Whiteside.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,844

Post#65 » by stitches » Fri Jun 2, 2017 3:09 pm

BullyKing wrote:Once and if I am appointed, I would be interested. Not sure I understand the Brook Lopez trade but whatever. Seems like the best option is to clear the decks for a quick rebuild around Whiteside.

Shoot me a message when you are appointed. I want to work out something before FA if possible.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,955

Post#66 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Jun 2, 2017 4:38 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:Hey guys! I'm sorry--I've been getting my butt kicked at work and haven't been able to check the past couple of days and likely won't be too active the rest of the week. I'll do my best to keep everything updated and post a roster sometime tomorrow.

Did you still want to remain or did you want some one to take over?

It's up to you--I won't be too active for the next week or so, but I'll be fine for the most part after that. Work sucks sometimes haha.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#67 » by sportscrazy » Fri Jun 2, 2017 7:01 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:Hey guys! I'm sorry--I've been getting my butt kicked at work and haven't been able to check the past couple of days and likely won't be too active the rest of the week. I'll do my best to keep everything updated and post a roster sometime tomorrow.

It's up to you--I won't be too active for the next week or so, but I'll be fine for the most part after that. Work sucks sometimes haha.

The main free agent activity will be going down in the next week, would you be upset if I replaced you just for the purpose of keeping this game going?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#68 » by sportscrazy » Fri Jun 2, 2017 7:02 pm

BullyKing wrote:

You got Miami
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#69 » by sportscrazy » Fri Jun 2, 2017 7:03 pm

NashtyNas wrote:I can manage a 2nd team if needed. I have some time off from my job for the next month and I will be looking for things to do when the Finals are over. Not interested in being commish - sorry SC, but I can take on any of the available teams as my secondary team if needed.

You want Cleveland? Should be a simple second team to manage
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 597

Post#70 » by bdpecore » Fri Jun 2, 2017 8:14 pm

I can take over Cleveland, since Milwaukee's free agency will be pretty straightforward and Cleveland will likely be adding vet minimum players to round out their roster.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,890

Post#71 » by NashtyNas » Fri Jun 2, 2017 9:07 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
NashtyNas wrote:I can manage a 2nd team if needed. I have some time off from my job for the next month and I will be looking for things to do when the Finals are over. Not interested in being commish - sorry SC, but I can take on any of the available teams as my secondary team if needed.

Yep, I can take the Cavs for sure... but I wouldn't make any of the moves the previous GM made so I'm not sure if that's a problem.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,717

Post#72 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jun 2, 2017 10:30 pm

NashtyNas wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

Yep, I can take the Cavs for sure... but I wouldn't make any of the moves the previous GM made so I'm not sure if that's a problem.

Cleveland doesn't have any "completed trades" yet. You should be able to move forward with a clean slate.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,955

Post#73 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Jun 2, 2017 11:52 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

The main free agent activity will be going down in the next week, would you be upset if I replaced you just for the purpose of keeping this game going?

Go right ahead.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#74 » by Mich3006 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 6:41 am

sportscrazy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

I'd like to take on the Pels if Mamba decides to step down
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#75 » by sportscrazy » Sat Jun 3, 2017 9:35 am

Ayatollah wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

I'd like to take on the Pels if Mamba decides to step down

You got the Pelicans.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#76 » by sportscrazy » Sat Jun 3, 2017 9:36 am

NashtyNas wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

I don't believe Cleveland made anything official.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#77 » by sportscrazy » Sat Jun 3, 2017 9:58 am

As I mentioned in another thread, this kind of devolved from real life management of what teams would do and became flipping players that were just acquired for a better asset to assemble the best team possible. I have no passion for this project as it isn't at all the project I intended to manage any more. I'm going to finish this out for those that made it this far, but I think I'm just going to have every one submit their free agent offers in one thread over the next few days with free agents accepting the best offer, then have a secondary wave of offers for the remaining free agents then wrap this up and move on. I knew it would be a ton of work to manage this project, but thought it would resemble a real life off-season of minor trades rather than tons of block buster deals with teams flipping the starting quality player they just traded for in order to receive a new player sometimes multiple times.

I would love if some one else would just take over at this point because it isn't at all the project I wanted to run any more. But since finding some one to take over at this point isn't realistic and neither are the results of this project, I'll just start two waves of free agent offers with free agents deciding where they sign rather than wasting time on the free agent negotiation aspect for a project that has unrealistic rosters any way this far in.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#78 » by Mich3006 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 12:30 pm

For the upcoming season: Every trade has to be approved by the commissioner or even all participants?! In that regard we could secure the "real"-factor in our offseason... and there won't be +1000 trades as well
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#79 » by spearsy23 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 1:28 pm

Ayatollah wrote:For the upcoming season: Every trade has to be approved by the commissioner or even all participants?! In that regard we could secure the "real"-factor in our offseason... and there won't be +1000 trades as well

Or just no player can be traded more than twice (I think twice is analogous to a three team deal) and no max player traded more than once.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#80 » by DocRI » Sat Jun 3, 2017 7:37 pm

sportscrazy wrote:As I mentioned in another thread, this kind of devolved from real life management of what teams would do and became flipping players that were just acquired for a better asset to assemble the best team possible. I have no passion for this project as it isn't at all the project I intended to manage any more. I'm going to finish this out for those that made it this far, but I think I'm just going to have every one submit their free agent offers in one thread over the next few days with free agents accepting the best offer, then have a secondary wave of offers for the remaining free agents then wrap this up and move on. I knew it would be a ton of work to manage this project, but thought it would resemble a real life off-season of minor trades rather than tons of block buster deals with teams flipping the starting quality player they just traded for in order to receive a new player sometimes multiple times.

I would love if some one else would just take over at this point because it isn't at all the project I wanted to run any more. But since finding some one to take over at this point isn't realistic and neither are the results of this project, I'll just start two waves of free agent offers with free agents deciding where they sign rather than wasting time on the free agent negotiation aspect for a project that has unrealistic rosters any way this far in.

I'm asking this honestly, and I'm posting it in both threads — do you want to just bag this? No one should be forced to run a game they don't want to be a part of anymore.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games