The Single Division Draft (90s to now) - Discussion Thread

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,853

Re: The Single Division Draft (90s to now) - Discussion Thread 

Post#61 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:49 pm

The only possible saving grace is that some of the best Central players are shared with other divisions.
Jory04
Sixth Man
And1: 269

Post#62 » by Jory04 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Can we rename this the Murphys Law Draft?
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#63 » by euroleague » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:The only possible saving grace is that some of the best Central players are shared with other divisions.

Most aren’t though. It’s a tony snell game now
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#64 » by Tony Snell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:40 pm

My goodness, let's divert the attention from my team to the fact that 8on has D Rob, Dirk, Manu. That is a pretty sweet trio. Or that Square has Magic/Steph. After Pippen, the talent isn't all that great post-1990 in the Central. A solid selection of wings are available, but I don't need wings. My options for building a conventional lineup are actually kind of limited.
Greatest Bulls of All Time: 1. TONY SNELL 2. Jordan 3. Pippen 4. Rose 5. Gilmore
Jory04
Sixth Man

Post#65 » by Jory04 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Yeah I dont think Snell messes this one up, he could legitimately have a top five defender of all time at each position 2-5, with firepower to spare throughout the rest of the team.
euroleague
General Manager

Post#66 » by euroleague » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Tony Snell wrote:My goodness, let's divert the attention from my team to the fact that 8on has D Rob, Dirk, Manu. That is a pretty sweet trio. Or that Square has Magic/Steph. After Pippen, the talent isn't all that great post-1990 in the Central. A solid selection of wings are available, but I don't need wings. My options for building a conventional lineup are actually kind of limited.

We must be looking at different Centrals

Surprised you didn’t go rogue and went with Pippen
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,612

Post#67 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:52 pm

euroleague wrote:
Tony Snell wrote:My goodness, let's divert the attention from my team to the fact that 8on has D Rob, Dirk, Manu. That is a pretty sweet trio. Or that Square has Magic/Steph. After Pippen, the talent isn't all that great post-1990 in the Central. A solid selection of wings are available, but I don't need wings. My options for building a conventional lineup are actually kind of limited.

Smash picked after him so there was risk of Pippen getting taken
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,298

Post#68 » by lilroddyb » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:54 pm

I agree with. You're certainly in a good shape but some others have bigtime duo's or trios like Shaq/Kobe, Magic/Steph, Duncan/Dirk/Manu etc...
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by Tony Snell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 pm

euroleague wrote:

From my count, there is really only one point guard in the Central in this pool that ever really gets drafted. The same can probably be said about the center position. Obviously there are guys like Reggie Miller or Giannis that only I have access to, but I am not sold on how voters would view a guy like Giannis alongside my current pair, or would view a team with Jordan playing full time PG. I have seen plenty of teams get roasted for the lack of a true point guard. I am not trying to deny that having my own division isnt an advantage, i just think that a lot of the top available guys may not blend as well with my current duo, and as a result, the perceived advantage may not be as great as it is being made out to be.
Greatest Bulls of All Time: 1. TONY SNELL 2. Jordan 3. Pippen 4. Rose 5. Gilmore
euroleague
General Manager

Post#70 » by euroleague » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Tony Snell wrote:
euroleague wrote:

From my count, there is really only one point guard in the Central in this pool that ever really gets drafted. The same can probably be said about the center position. Obviously there are guys like Reggie Miller or Giannis that only I have access to, but I am not sold on how voters would view a guy like Giannis alongside my current pair, or would view a team with Jordan playing full time PG. I have seen plenty of teams get roasted for the lack of a true point guard. I am not trying to deny that having my own division isnt an advantage, i just think that a lot of the top available guys may not blend as well with my current duo, and as a result, the perceived advantage may not be as great as it is being made out to be.

That PG is kind of who you’d target anyways though, and there are others you’re not even mentioning who may be better... surprised you went Pippen

As for center, easy pick there. Just expected Lbj to be in that bracket, or I would’ve gone MJ :roll:
Jory04
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by Jory04 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 pm

As Euro said I think your path forward is pretty obvious as PG and C, Rodman getting taken hurts, but there are still options there who give you almost as much defense, but far more offense. I think the Pippen pick is fine, wouldnt try an reinvent the wheel on this one.
Jory04
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by Jory04 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:15 pm

Hooplah wrote:In

Up
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by Tony Snell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:19 pm

euroleague wrote:
Tony Snell wrote:
euroleague wrote:We must be looking at different Centrals

That PG is kind of who you’d target anyways though, and there are others you’re not even mentioning who may be better... surprised you went Pippen

As for center, easy pick there. Just expected Lbj to be in that bracket, or I would’ve gone MJ :roll:

I let my inner Bulls fan influence that Pippen pick. I really wanted to try and get the gang back together and get Jordan, Pippen, Rodman. He has a proven chemistry with Jordan, and so it was a pretty safe pick. And yeah, the point guard in question is probably the guy who gets drafted alongside Jordan the most, so that is nice. I just personally don't give him the respect in these games that he probably deserves given I know a lot of other guys really like him.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,612

Post#74 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:22 pm

There are 2 normal Jordan PGs in the Central no?
Jory04
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by Jory04 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Tony Snell wrote:
euroleague wrote:
Tony Snell wrote:From my count, there is really only one point guard in the Central in this pool that ever really gets drafted. The same can probably be said about the center position. Obviously there are guys like Reggie Miller or Giannis that only I have access to, but I am not sold on how voters would view a guy like Giannis alongside my current pair, or would view a team with Jordan playing full time PG. I have seen plenty of teams get roasted for the lack of a true point guard. I am not trying to deny that having my own division isnt an advantage, i just think that a lot of the top available guys may not blend as well with my current duo, and as a result, the perceived advantage may not be as great as it is being made out to be.

I let my inner Bulls fan influence that Pippen pick. I really wanted to try and get the gang back together and get Jordan, Pippen, Rodman. He has a proven chemistry with Jordan, and so it was a pretty safe pick. And yeah, the point guard in question is probably the guy who gets drafted alongside Jordan the most, so that is nice. I just personally don't give him the respect in these games that he probably deserves given I know a lot of other guys really like him.

Go ahead an go straight homer, and draft the hometown kid at point! I will be cheering for ya.
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by Tony Snell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Jory04 wrote:
Tony Snell wrote:
euroleague wrote:That PG is kind of who you’d target anyways though, and there are others you’re not even mentioning who may be better... surprised you went Pippen

Go ahead an go straight homer, and draft the hometown kid at point! I will be cheering for ya.

That is one of the 4 potential routes I have laid out.
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by Tony Snell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:There are 2 normal Jordan PGs in the Central no?

I feel comfortable name dropping given his seasons outside of Cleveland stink, but is one of them Mark Price? He is on a personal do not draft list because I have been burned for his defensive deficiencies basically every time that I have drafted him.
euroleague
General Manager

Post#78 » by euroleague » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Tony Snell wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:There are 2 normal Jordan PGs in the Central no?

I feel comfortable name dropping given his seasons outside of Cleveland stink, but is one of them Mark Price? He is on a personal do not draft list because I have been burned for his defensive deficiencies basically every time that I have drafted him.

Yes, but having those options is pretty wild
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#79 » by 8on » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:

What are we doing about players who were traded from one division to another during the season?
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by Tony Snell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:47 pm

8on wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:

What are we doing about players who were traded from one division to another during the season?

5. Each player you select must have played at least 50% of regular season games in the season selected. For players who changed teams in-season, they must have played at least 50% of their games for that season in the chosen division.

The above was taken from the Draft Rules.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games