The Doc Rivers Draft - Discussion

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,193

Re: The Doc Rivers Draft - Discussion 

Post#61 » by Snakebites » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:44 am

flaco wrote:About time Moses got selected. Talent-wise, he's a first rounder in this pool. Absolute steal by Snake!

One more member of the NBA 75th anniversary team is still available on the board. Curious to see whether he'll get selected. He's fairly expensive and relied heavily on his slashing game, although he would have likely been a 3-level scorer in the modern era.

Yeah I had to get over my questions about fit anf just go for it- and that’s not easy to do. At some point the talent is too hard to pass up.

3 MVP level guys (though Kawhi doesn’t actually have one of course). I believe I’m the only one with 3 guys of that caliber.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,860

Re: The Doc Rivers Draft - Signups 

Post#62 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:11 am

uberhikari wrote:.

Up
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,638

Post#63 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:22 am

Moses fell way, way too far, with it being a fit for both Snake and Larry it should've been a Round 3 fall like Ewing, but impressive patience by Snake to see the opportunity to wait for him. Passing on Shaq also ended up the right move.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#64 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:46 am

flaco wrote:About time Moses got selected. Talent-wise, he's a first rounder in this pool. Absolute steal by Snake!

One more member of the NBA 75th anniversary team is still available on the board. Curious to see whether he'll get selected. He's fairly expensive and relied heavily on his slashing game, although he would have likely been a 3-level scorer in the modern era.

I thought I had no choice but to take him for the talent, but I just realized I can get weird with a different route
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#65 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:32 am

Moses fell too far from a talent standpoint, but we have eight drafters and the players picked over him at that position were Shaq, Robinson, Dwight, Embiid, Ewing, and Lopez. The only one you can question there is Lopez and he was obviously taken for his fit with Giannis.

Larry is the guy who could have taken him, but I'm not sure what his plan is (he may be using KG at the 5).
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: The Doc Rivers Draft - Discussion (Signups Closed) 

Post#66 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:49 pm

durantbird wrote:.

Up
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#67 » by Snakebites » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:54 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:Moses fell too far from a talent standpoint, but we have eight drafters and the players picked over him at that position were Shaq, Robinson, Dwight, Embiid, Ewing, and Lopez. The only one you can question there is Lopez and he was obviously taken for his fit with Giannis.

Larry is the guy who could have taken him, but I'm not sure what his plan is (he may be using KG at the 5).

Moses always falls too far from a talent standpoint.

I didn’t take him (or any center) in round 3/4 because I needed 3/D with Harden. I knew there was a possibility LR would take him but I also didn’t think he’d take PJ Tucker in round 3 just to bench him- I felt this signaled he was using KG at the 5.

And I’d have taken Brook with a roll-man like Shawn Kemp in 3/4 had Brook not gone in round 3. That was plan A.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 5,149

Post#68 » by Larry_Russell » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:15 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:Moses fell too far from a talent standpoint, but we have eight drafters and the players picked over him at that position were Shaq, Robinson, Dwight, Embiid, Ewing, and Lopez. The only one you can question there is Lopez and he was obviously taken for his fit with Giannis.

I didn’t take him (or any center) in round 3/4 because I needed 3/D with Harden. I knew there was a possibility LR would take him but I also didn’t think he’d take PJ Tucker in round 3 just to bench him- I felt this signaled he was using KG at the 5.

And I’d have taken Brook with a roll-man like Shawn Kemp in 3/4 had Brook not gone in round 3. That was plan A.

Right.

I felt like the only chance I had was to try and build a more modern type of team around speed and attacking from most positions on the court.

Shai, Garnett and Hill can all play off each other well I think, with Miller and Tucker providing high end utility.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#69 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:16 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

Right.

I felt like the only chance I had was to try and build a more modern type of team around speed and attacking from most positions on the court.

Shai, Garnett and Hill can all play off each other well I think, with Miller and Tucker providing high end utility.

Back up Larry
flaco
Veteran
And1: 886

Post#70 » by flaco » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:48 pm

Fade has my last pick.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#71 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:35 am

Dr Positivity wrote:.

It's uber's pick.

Up
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#72 » by Snakebites » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:25 am

Definitely not the game to save lots of FGA for the bench. There aren’t a lot of quality role players in the 5-8 FGA range and some of the ones that are in this pool are starting.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#73 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:36 am

Snakebites wrote:.

Larry_Russell wrote:.

Dr Positivity wrote:.

flaco wrote:.

durantbird wrote:.

goober wrote:.

Please have your roster pages completed by 9 PM EST tomorrow.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#74 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:51 am

I probably would've gone with Hill and Harper combo instead of Cassell and Moncrief playing SF if I hadn't flubbed Billups eligiblity. Not sure if it would've been enough though without an elite 3rd guy.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#75 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:53 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I probably would've gone with Hill and Harper combo instead of Cassell and Moncrief playing SF if I hadn't flubbed Billups eligiblity. Not sure if it would've been enough though without an elite 3rd guy.

Think you'd be better off with prime Dudley playing in the 24-30 minute range. Most of these teams have a SF who can exploit that size mismatch, and it's not like George Hill is some amazing fifth starter himself.

Missing out on Grant Hill after the Billups error was tough - I actually don't see much separation between Billups and 2004 Cassell, but Grant was by far the best wing left on the board.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#76 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:41 pm

goober wrote:.

Complete your team please
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#77 » by goober » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:38 pm

finishing now, sorry as a flight attendant i’m busy!
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#78 » by goober » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:53 pm

team completed
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#79 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:44 pm