NEW GM a TEAM SIGN UP

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 977

Re: NEW GM a TEAM SIGN UP 

Post#61 » by Mascot » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:04 am

if we do 2010 now then we are going to end up doing 2010 3 times, personally I dont think 2010 should be done at all.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#62 » by bcortell » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:09 am

klomp44 wrote:
bcortell wrote:I really think we should just start with the draft.. the season is practically over, no need to have a trading period for this year. Wasn't that what the last game was for? (So count me as 1 who wants to draft on real life standings right now.. i.e. without a trading period)

I would like a trading period. This is a whole new game, so I'm not sure why you are bringing up the previous game.

because most of the players are from the old game?...

Why would we do the old game over again? By the time this game actually starts, the regular season will practically be over.
bcortell
Banned User

Post#63 » by bcortell » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:10 am

I don't really care for the 2010 free agency, but it seems redundant to redo most of last game. (Well practically all of it, just in a shorter time period). We should've just kept that game going again if you guys just wanted to do that.
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#64 » by nba_addict » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:25 am

Garmfay wrote:
Mascot wrote:I see what your saying about Washington but they are the only team in that situation I would think if the draft lottery was held right now.

but by the time June rolls around every team is going to have different rosters. Who's to say that by June Washington wont have LeBron, do they really deserve the #1 pick then?

Read my post above. I think we should just hold the draft soon not wait until June. I'm positive people want to go to 2010 FA. The season is over anyways why should we redo the season?

This is exactly the point I am making. I really dont care who gets Griffin and etc. My point is we should start the game as what it is right now in the NBA and use the current seeding. That is the current reality and a blade we have to bite. The NBA draft simulators would be more realistic than running an NBA live right now.
bcortell
Banned User

Post#65 » by bcortell » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:30 am

Addict, does that mean you would rather start with a draft sim right now? If so, that's at least 3 that want that.. so it should at least be a poll.
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#66 » by nba_addict » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:39 am

bcortell wrote:Addict, does that mean you would rather start with a draft sim right now? If so, that's at least 3 that want that.. so it should at least be a poll.

Are trades involving players allowed in June? At least im sure trade of picks happens in real life but not sure with players. As a suns fan I only knew of picks and players named "cash" are allowed to be traded in that period. :lol: If it allowed then I am ok with trading players using 08-09 salaries somewhere between the draft.

I would say draft order should still be based on current standings in the NBA right now. Im ok with the idea of poll.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#67 » by TMACFORMVP » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:42 am

I'll take Indiana this term around

t_mac_1123@hotmail.com
my aim account is tmacr1234
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#68 » by roc » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:59 am

bcortell wrote:Addict, does that mean you would rather start with a draft sim right now? If so, that's at least 3 that want that.. so it should at least be a poll.

We already voted on this the 1st time around and got rid of the crap way in favor of logic and fairness. Do we really need to do another vote? Seriously? :noway:
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
bcortell
Banned User

Post#69 » by bcortell » Mon Apr 6, 2009 10:06 am

r0cd0gg wrote:

We already voted on this the 1st time around and got rid of the crap way in favor of logic and fairness. Do we really need to do another vote? Seriously? :noway:

:roll: Learn to read. I'm voting against doing the 08-09 season over again and just simming for the draft. Since teams would be the same, it would be simplest to use ESPN lotto sim or another website's like that.
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 977

Post#70 » by Mascot » Mon Apr 6, 2009 10:38 am

the whole point of restarting with this season is that different people take different teams, i was cleveland last game and went win now. this game im new york and am revuilding, i dont see how this is redoing the same game at all.
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#71 » by Gremz » Mon Apr 6, 2009 11:24 am

TMACFORMVP wrote:I'll take Indiana this term around

t_mac_1123@hotmail.com
my aim account is tmacr1234

Good to have you again man. Nice choice of team btw. :clap:

Btw guys I am more than happy to do the draft sim again if needed, just let me know either way.
cowraiser
Assistant Coach
And1: 240

Post#72 » by cowraiser » Mon Apr 6, 2009 11:39 am

I'd like to have Denver

cowraiser@gmail.com
my aim is cowraiser
skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#73 » by skorff26 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 12:17 pm

duncanfan absolutevindication@hotmail.com asked me to sign him up for the clippers
skorff26
Analyst

Post#74 » by skorff26 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 12:19 pm

cowraiser wrote:I'd like to have Denver

cowraiser@gmail.com
my aim is cowraiser

If there are open teams; you get the first choice
skorff26
Analyst

Post#75 » by skorff26 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 12:21 pm

I'm opening up a poll; one to see if people want to start with the 09 draft or if they want to be able to trade players prior to the draft.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,706

Post#76 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 6, 2009 2:25 pm

Mascot wrote:the whole point of restarting with this season is that different people take different teams, i was cleveland last game and went win now. this game im new york and am revuilding, i dont see how this is redoing the same game at all.

Exactly. I'm guessing most guys didn't choose the same team. Plus, even if they did, maybe they want to take their team in a different direction,
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#77 » by TMACFORMVP » Mon Apr 6, 2009 3:24 pm

Good to have you again man. Nice choice of team btw. :clap:

ha, thanks man. Kind of disappointed couldn't be as active as I'd like in the previous competition, partly due to the increased work load, and another because the game died down rather early, but here's to a fun and active competition this go around.
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#78 » by SamBone » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:16 pm

klomp44 wrote:
Mascot wrote:the whole point of restarting with this season is that different people take different teams, i was cleveland last game and went win now. this game im new york and am revuilding, i dont see how this is redoing the same game at all.

Exactly. I'm guessing most guys didn't choose the same team. Plus, even if they did, maybe they want to take their team in a different direction,

I agree, NBA teams made moves and that is were we are now. Toronto adding Marion to get capspace at the deadline would be pointless if we decide to redo it now.

I say start with draft and then have free agency go on during the NBA playoffs
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 510

Post#79 » by Garmfay » Mon Apr 6, 2009 7:41 pm

SamBone wrote:
klomp44 wrote:

I agree, NBA teams made moves and that is were we are now. Toronto adding Marion to get capspace at the deadline would be pointless if we decide to redo it now.

That's my point. Yes we are restarting with different teams thats not the point here. It is just that we should start at the draft because the season is already over and so we basically inherited these picks. This is the most honest and fair way since we dont have to do multiple sims and average them out.
Credit to Turbo_Zone
"The Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep"
ninja416
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#80 » by ninja416 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 7:42 pm

Garmfay wrote:
SamBone wrote:
klomp44 wrote:

That's my point. Yes we are restarting with different teams thats not the point here. It is just that we should start at the draft because the season is already over and so we basically inherited these picks. This is the most honest and fair way since we dont have to do multiple sims and average them out.

I agree. But how do we simulate the lotto, thats the question I have.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games