GM a Team: Plz unsticky

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

roseorbust
Senior
And1: 6

Post#81 » by roseorbust » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:42 pm

bryant08 wrote:Hello GM a Team members:

After a recent trade a game member came to me with the concern that he was negotiating with another GM, they came to an agreement, and the other GM posted a different trade than the one agreed upon. The GM that came to me said that the opposite GM had changed the deal and taken advantage of him. This GM still accepted the deal not noticing it was different. When I confronted the opposite GM, he said that he did no such thing and the trade went down as it was supposed to, accusing the first GM of changing his mind and lying. There was no conversation history with either of them, but now I've temporarily cancelled the trade. We would like to have a vote now, on whether the trade should stand, or the trade should be cancelled, so please vote with a #1 (trade should stand) or #2 (trade should be cancelled). The first number to get 10 votes will be the decision.
Sounds like a classic case of the overtrustworthyness. I think the member shouldn't be allowed to trade the player for a week unless with that team or he can give the second team a second round pick for the inconvience. that way it's a compromise. I'll vote 2 with the guy paying a 2nd round pick for his carelessness
Raptors90102
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#82 » by Raptors90102 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:45 pm

After a recent trade a game member came to me with the concern that he was negotiating with another GM, they came to an agreement, and the other GM posted a different trade than the one agreed upon. The GM that came to me said that the opposite GM had changed the deal and taken advantage of him. This GM still accepted the deal not noticing it was different. When I confronted the opposite GM, he said that he did no such thing and the trade went down as it was supposed to, accusing the first GM of changing his mind and lying. There was no conversation history with either of them, but now I've temporarily cancelled the trade. We would like to have a vote now, on whether the trade should stand, or the trade should be cancelled, so please vote with a #1 (trade should stand) or #2 (trade should be cancelled). The first number to get 10 votes will be the decision.

Thanks for the post. I am the Jazz GM (the one who is being accused of changing the deal). I would like to tell you guys that I had offered the exact same deal during our conversations to the one I posted. And the other GM accepted the trade while quoting my original post. I wrote everything down without hiding anything and he accepted by quoting my post. Moreover, he even explained his reason for accepting the trade when a GM wanted to veto the trade. And the league office had also approved the trade (after whch I changed my roster pages as well). Now he says that he didn't realize what the deal was? How is that possible?? The league office then put the trade on hold since there was a conflict. I just want to give you guys my side of the story, I did offer the exact same deal as the one I wrote down and he even accepted it. I spent too much time on the deal, I wouldn't lie or cheat on something so unsubstantial. We engotiated a deal, we both accepted and the deal went through. I don't like to lie or cheat and disrupt harmony ina friendly game. Please make the fair call here.
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#83 » by #1knickfan » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:58 pm

Raptors90102 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thanks for the post. I am the Jazz GM (the one who is being accused of changing the deal). I would like to tell you guys that I had offered the exact same deal during our conversations to the one I posted. And the other GM accepted the trade while quoting my original post. I wrote everything down without hiding anything and he accepted. And the league office had also approved the trade (after whch I changed my roster pages as well). The league office then put the trade on hold since there was a conflict. I just want to give you guys my side of the story, I did offer the exact same deal as the one I wrote down and he even accepted it. I spent too much time on the deal, I wouldn't lie or cheat on something so unsubstantial. We engotiated a deal, we both accepted and the deal went through. I don't like to lie or cheat and disrupt harmony ina friendly game. Please make the fair call here.

Man oh man. Maybe I am just going crazy but I have the sense of Deja Vu going on that is just eerie. Somehow I have this weird feeling that you've been in this same exact situation b4. Just freaky.

In any case, even if the deal was altered the guy doesn't seem to be so upset by the changes that any action really needs to be taken.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#84 » by zong » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:08 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hey wait a second, I have the Celtics, how can you improve on perfection? :wink:

build a fountain of youth for KG and RayRay :rofl:
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 16,166

Post#85 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:10 pm

I vote the trade should not go through.

Why would a guy agree to a trade, then change his mind? I would think the second guy tried to pull a fast one. I might be wrong, but canceling the trade would be most fair I believe. As long as he came to you right after and didn't wait.
Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 510

Post#86 » by Garmfay » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:19 pm

Always quote when accepting a trade...
Raptors90102
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#87 » by Raptors90102 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:23 pm

^^ He did quote when accepting the trade
Duncanfan
Banned User

Post#88 » by Duncanfan » Mon Feb 4, 2008 12:50 am

I have to side with Utah on this trade vote. If other GM didn't notice that it was a different deal on the thread when he agreed to the deal, whats the guarantee that he noticed what was being offered when they negotiated the deal through email/msn/yahoo/aim in the first place? I am of the view that the accepting GM's should recheck everything before they accept the transaction. The trade should go through in my opinion.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,166

Post#89 » by dockingsched » Mon Feb 4, 2008 12:58 am

the guy QUOTED the trade on this very thread. trade should go through.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#90 » by #1knickfan » Mon Feb 4, 2008 1:13 am

And didn't the guy actually defend the trade when people a couple people threatened to veto it?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by dockingsched » Mon Feb 4, 2008 1:26 am

roseorbust wrote:I don't understand, Igoudala is NOT a bonafide young star. heis at most a 2nd or 3rd option. I also if still need be could sign him as a free agent this offseason, because I will have the cap room. I also get them to take on my personal Cardinal contract in green. I like brewer as apotential starter, and this also allows Young Carney and dalembert a better shot. The picks I acquired can be a great assest in acquiring a resal star like we saw 2 days ago in the Gasol trade. I get a prospect I personally like better then crittenton. Brewer is 22 and if he was in this years draft he would be a top 10 pick. He really will get a chance to start and play good minutes. I really like the what I've gotten for him. I think it's better then what our franchised got for Allen Iverson or for what the grizzlies got for Pau Gasol. Veto it if you want, but it's not a bad trade.

yeah, that doesn't sound like someone that isn't aware of the trade he just accepted. it would help if the "original" trade were revealed.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#92 » by Teddy KGB » Mon Feb 4, 2008 1:43 am

wtf is this shiet? you quote the trade and apparently were duped regardless? Get that shiet outta here.

I withdraw my veto, he's trying to back out of a sealed deal and i don't support that in any way
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#93 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Feb 4, 2008 1:48 am

I also with drawl my veto, I didn't realize he quoted the trade.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#94 » by dunkonu21 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 2:34 am

I vote the trade not go down
roseorbust
Senior

Post#95 » by roseorbust » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:21 am

I did quote the trade. I agree part of the blame rests on ME however, I was very excited about the trade below that, and I put two much trust that the guy would tell the truth. I'm basically offering to pay him a 2nd rounder for being good at deception, and he still doesn't take it. I've made every effort to come to a compromise for my foolishness and his deception, and he's rejected everyone. don't reward him for that.

Not only that, but I've been told by several people this guy has down this before. Funny how it happens to be the same guy eh.... :roll: what a unlucky fellow.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by dockingsched » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:28 am

ok so i had a change of heart and i think the trade should be vetoed. its early in the game, we have a lot of new players that may be too excited, too new to how things work, etc and honestly why start off like this. this should be fun and people shouldn't feel like they are being deceived. i'll assume it was an honest mistake, lesson learned. jazz gm might feel like he wasted his time but thats part of the game, a lot of negotiating. lets just have fun.

last time we played this there was similar drama and it created a hostile situation between a couple of gms and it took away from the fun. double check your trades, heck post the trade yourself even if you're the one accepting. its too early to have these problems. jazz gm could have changed the trade, sixers gm could have wanted to go back after being criticized, who cares. lets just assume an honest mistake and move on.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#97 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:28 am

roseorbust wrote:I did quote the trade. I agree part of the blame rests on ME however, I was very excited about the trade below that, and I put two much trust that the guy would tell the truth. I'm basically offering to pay him a 2nd rounder for being good at deception, and he still doesn't take it. I've made every effort to come to a compromise for my foolishness and his deception, and he's rejected everyone. don't reward him for that.

Not only that, but I've been told by several people this guy has down this before. Funny how it happens to be the same guy eh.... :roll: what a unlucky fellow.

If its happened a lot then the trade shouldn't happen and he should be kicked out in my opinion. Who is it, so I can avoid him?
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#98 » by #1knickfan » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:34 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If its happened a lot then the trade shouldn't happen and he should be kicked out in my opinion. Who is it so I can avoid him?

It only happened once b4 but it was a previous game. I'm still pissed off about it but its the past. I don't think the guy should be banned for being devious and manipulative of facts. People really just need to double and triple check every deal they make.
roseorbust
Senior

Post#99 » by roseorbust » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:37 am

#1knickfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It only happened once b4 but it was a previous game. I'm still pissed off about it but its the past. I don't think the guy should be banned for being devious and manipulative of facts. People really just need to double and triple check every deal they make.
I agree, but I'm a newcomer with no knowledge and I made a mistake. I've offered to pay for that mistake.
Duncanfan
Banned User

Post#100 » by Duncanfan » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:38 am

roseorbust wrote:I did quote the trade. I agree part of the blame rests on ME however, I was very excited about the trade below that, and I put two much trust that the guy would tell the truth. I'm basically offering to pay him a 2nd rounder for being good at deception, and he still doesn't take it. I've made every effort to come to a compromise for my foolishness and his deception, and he's rejected everyone. don't reward him for that.

I don't think anyone can put a gun to your head to do a trade. It is afterall your responsibility to recheck every trade you agree to. You agreed to what he posted, the responsibility completely rests with you, especially when you even explain the trade later on. I just did a trade with Indiana and Charlotte, do you think that they we all didn't recheck what was written down? As far as his reputation is concerned, I have dealt with him in the past, he seemed pretty honest.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games