Future Games / New Ideas / Suggestion Thread

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Re: Future Games / New Ideas / Suggestion Thread 

Post#1221 » by Laimbeer » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:46 pm

Tony Snell wrote:Not sure if this is a good idea or a bad one, but this limited FGA game has me thinking. Maybe a game where you get like 65 FGA, but then you get one exemption player who does not count for any FGA. So basically, 7 players for 65 fga, with one player counting for 0. This would also allow for high usage guys like Iverson, D Rose, Wilkins, etc who don't normally get picked to potentially be chosen. Not sure 65 would be the right number, I just want it to be a lower number so that there is more incentive to take a high usage guy out of necessity.

I don't mind your idea, but it's even less restrictive than the 75 fga game we're playing now. You're getting an unlimited guy for a 10 fga difference. It would still be fairly easy to grab two or more elite players.

I also don't think it would get guys like Rose and Wilkins chosen. Maybe we could have a designated pool of rarely drafted stars that everyone must pick one player from, and then having a limited number of FGAs to fill out your roster.
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant
And1: 724

Post#1222 » by BdeRegt » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:05 pm

I'd still really like to do the only ACC players game with no exceptions. Maybe a compromise for people who thought that was too restrictive would be to do the players who didn't attend a current big 5 conference school with no exceptions. I'd make it 80 or prefer even 90s to present.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#1223 » by Laimbeer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:48 am

While I'm thinking of it, what about a second best franchise draft? You can't use a season if the player reached his peak with that franchise. For example, you couldn't use any Laker seasons for Shaq or any Minny seasons for KG.
janmagn
Starter
And1: 341

Re: RE: Re: Future Games / New Ideas / Suggestion Thread 

Post#1224 » by janmagn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:06 am

Laimbeer wrote:While I'm thinking of it, what about a second best franchise draft? You can't use a season if the player reached his peak with that franchise. For example, you couldn't use any Laker seasons for Shaq or any Minny seasons for KG.

Sounds fun, it doesn't really limit the player pool but the seasons get mixed nicely. There's also a question though: how we decide what is the best season for each player? PER? Win Shares? BPM? We must have that in the rules so we won't have any problems with it

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Cormag001
Pro Prospect
And1: 288

Post#1225 » by Cormag001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Does anyone have any interest in a shorter GMAT?

Cormag001 wrote:Why don't we try a short GMAT? The current one running for almost 4 weeks is a bit much for people maybe? Easy to lose interest? If we cut down on the trading time, we could have a schedule that looks like this...

- 3 days of 2017-18 season
- 1 day of rankings / getting draft order / playoff order
- 3 days of playoffs / draft
- 2 days of open free agency
- 2 days of 2017-18 season
- 1 day of playoffs
- 1 day getting final write ups done
- 1 day for final rankings

TOTAL: 15 days

If I hear a few positive responses, I'm going to post signup threads later. I'd really like to run one of these.
KNguYear
Senior
And1: 48

Re: RE: Re: Future Games / New Ideas / Suggestion Thread 

Post#1226 » by KNguYear » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Cormag001 wrote:Does anyone have any interest in a shorter GMAT?

Cormag001 wrote:Why don't we try a short GMAT? The current one running for almost 4 weeks is a bit much for people maybe? Easy to lose interest? If we cut down on the trading time, we could have a schedule that looks like this...

- 3 days of 2017-18 season
- 3 days of playoffs / draft
- 2 days of open free agency
- 2 days of 2017-18 season
- 1 day of playoffs
- 1 day getting final write ups done
- 1 day for final rankings

TOTAL: 15 days

If I hear a few positive responses, I'm going to post signup threads later. I'd really like to run one of these.

I'll do it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using RealGM mobile app
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#1227 » by Laimbeer » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Just as a heads up, I'll probably just pop up a Dutch auction sign up some time in August. The entire thing will take just several hours and be followed by a ranking system. Given that, there's no reason it couldn't be run concurrently with another game.
Blazers-1977
Veteran
And1: 643

Post#1228 » by Blazers-1977 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:22 am

What about this ,

You can draft any player from 2004-05 till today

When judging teams in tournament say the games are played by pre 2004/2005 rules
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#1229 » by pelifan » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:58 am

How about we do one where all your players have to shoot over 35% from 3 in the chosen season with at least 1 attempt per game. It would limit the bigman pool and create some fun perimeter driven teams.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#1230 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Aug 1, 2017 9:56 am

Hey guys, I'm sure you all stop at the TnT board on your way here, but we're doing a weekly trade challenge and we're trying to get max participation so I figured I'd see if you guys wanted to submit an entry.

Here's a link to the challenge: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1602464

Thanks!
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#1231 » by Laimbeer » Tue Aug 1, 2017 10:51 am

pelifan wrote:How about we do one where all your players have to shoot over 35% from 3 in the chosen season with at least 1 attempt per game. It would limit the bigman pool and create some fun perimeter driven teams.

This eviscerates the center position, but I really like it.
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Post#1232 » by Timmaytime » Tue Aug 1, 2017 5:04 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
pelifan wrote:How about we do one where all your players have to shoot over 35% from 3 in the chosen season with at least 1 attempt per game. It would limit the bigman pool and create some fun perimeter driven teams.

Only guys I could think of were Sam Perkins, Laimbeer, Sabonis and Marc Gasol. Interesting stuff.
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#1233 » by Laimbeer » Wed Aug 2, 2017 10:25 am

Timmaytime wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:

Only guys I could think of were Sam Perkins, Laimbeer, Sabonis and Marc Gasol. Interesting stuff.

Also Cousins, Horford, Sikma, and KAT.

Eviscerates is probably too strong a word, but it's a pretty radical change. I'd be interested to see where the better remaining centers go.
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant

Post#1234 » by BdeRegt » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:34 am

I'd still like to do a game where only can draft from a single NBA conference with everyone using same conference to be clear. For instance, a pacific division draft would only have seasons where the player played for Warriors/Lakers/Kings/Clippers/Suns available. I think there is enough top end talent to get through a first round easily but role players would start getting much slimmer and guys like Chris Webber become legit high impact players like they were in real life.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#1235 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:39 am

BdeRegt wrote:I'd still like to do a game where only can draft from a single NBA conference with everyone using same conference to be clear. For instance, a pacific division draft would only have seasons where the player played for Warriors/Lakers/Kings/Clippers/Suns available. I think there is enough top end talent to get through a first round easily but role players would start getting much slimmer and guys like Chris Webber become legit high impact players like they were in real life.

What time period do you have in mind?
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant

Post#1236 » by BdeRegt » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:42 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:
BdeRegt wrote:I'd still like to do a game where only can draft from a single NBA conference with everyone using same conference to be clear. For instance, a pacific division draft would only have seasons where the player played for Warriors/Lakers/Kings/Clippers/Suns available. I think there is enough top end talent to get through a first round easily but role players would start getting much slimmer and guys like Chris Webber become legit high impact players like they were in real life.

You could do any time periods. I don't have huge opinion on it. I tend to favor more restrictive so would be game for 90s to present but could do 60s to present just as easily if want to get more top end guys. I'm lately just of mind that I want to try to mix up the first round picks. I like the idea of Webber as the best player on a team for instance and I am fine with him as my best player.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1237 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:45 am

BdeRegt wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:

You could do any time periods. I don't have huge opinion on it. I tend to favor more restrictive so would be game for 90s to present but could do 60s to present just as easily if want to get more top end guys. I'm lately just of mind that I want to try to mix up the first round picks. I like the idea of Webber as the best player on a team for instance and I am fine with him as my best player.

I also want to shake up the first round, but my only concern is where you have 8 or 9 MVP-calibre guys and then the rest being a clear level below. May have to go 70s to now for that reason. Either way I like the idea.
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant

Post#1238 » by BdeRegt » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:59 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:
BdeRegt wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:What time period do you have in mind?

I also want to shake up the first round, but my only concern is where you have 8 or 9 MVP-calibre guys and then the rest being a clear level below. May have to go 70s to now for that reason. Either way I like the idea.

That seems a prevalent concern among people but unless you can't shake up the first round without having that type of thing. For instance, 90s to present will have Shaq, Curry, Kobe, and Nash as only MVPs. The other teams should have better number 2s and 3s.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1239 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:13 am

BdeRegt wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:
BdeRegt wrote:

That seems a prevalent concern among people but unless you can't shake up the first round without having that type of thing. For instance, 90s to present will have Shaq, Curry, Kobe, and Nash as only MVPs. The other teams should have better number 2s and 3s.

Barkley and Magic as well, plus CP3 would have be considered at or near that level. In terms of the supporting stars, if we go 90s to present I can actually see a lot of them being at a similar level and kind of negating the advantage of being at the bottom of the order.
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant

Post#1240 » by BdeRegt » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:17 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:
BdeRegt wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:I also want to shake up the first round, but my only concern is where you have 8 or 9 MVP-calibre guys and then the rest being a clear level below. May have to go 70s to now for that reason. Either way I like the idea.

Barkley and Magic as well, plus CP3 would have be considered at or near that level. In terms of the supporting stars, if we go 90s to present I can actually see a lot of them being at a similar level and kind of negating the advantage of being at the bottom of the order.

Forgot about them. I don't think Clippers CP3 is on MVP level. Id have Durant over him. This is more to my point though. You'll never change first round and still have everyone get a MVP.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions Games