***FGA/Auction Fantasy Drafts Winners History*** Ever wonder which players win the most? Check out the latest post!

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,773

Re: ***FGA/Auction Fantasy Drafts Winners History*** UPDATED! CHECK IT OUT! 

Post#81 » by Snakebites » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:21 am

I don’t even want to know how many of these have been played. A long time ago I was the leader in wins here. Nowadays I don’t think I play enough of them (maybe half) and am only sometimes good enough to contend, so I’ll likely never get that title back.

That’s okay. 10 is nice.
L
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,785

Post#82 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:07 pm

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Phew, that took a while after a long hiatus, but everything should be updated from today. Not the best in terms of organization, but did the best I could with the word limit and deleting stuff/moving things around. Thank Dr P for the help for some of the games. Please AND1 my first post or this as you have no idea how time consuming this is and I would appreciate some sort of gratification haha.

With that said, updating the past few months, Tony Snell and poopdamoop are in a heavy weight battle--seems like they both are winning majority of these games and switching the top two spots more often than I can count. Tony Snell went on a recent streak to get back up on top for now. Congrats to all the recent winners especially Tony Snell being the GOAT for the time being.

P.S.-Can you guess how many games we have played in total on here so far (past two and a half years)?

Hate to give you extra work but the links aren't working (need to use the URL tag).

As for the number of games, we must be well over 100 now right?
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#83 » by Tony Snell » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:04 pm

I think that I spend way too much time playing these games. Doing some quick mental math, it looks like we have played like 150 games?
Greatest Bulls of All Time: 1. TONY SNELL 2. Jordan 3. Pippen 4. Rose 5. Gilmore
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#84 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:22 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:
ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Phew, that took a while after a long hiatus, but everything should be updated from today. Not the best in terms of organization, but did the best I could with the word limit and deleting stuff/moving things around. Thank Dr P for the help for some of the games. Please AND1 my first post or this as you have no idea how time consuming this is and I would appreciate some sort of gratification haha.

With that said, updating the past few months, Tony Snell and poopdamoop are in a heavy weight battle--seems like they both are winning majority of these games and switching the top two spots more often than I can count. Tony Snell went on a recent streak to get back up on top for now. Congrats to all the recent winners especially Tony Snell being the GOAT for the time being.

P.S.-Can you guess how many games we have played in total on here so far (past two and a half years)?

Hate to give you extra work but the links aren't working (need to use the URL tag).

As for the number of games, we must be well over 100 now right?

This was done intentionally due to the word limit. Unfortunately, you will have to copy and paste what draft you want to see and post it after https://forums.realgm.com/boards/ on the browser It should work that way. I believe some drafts have the url links for the time being. I had it initially for all the games, but due to the word limit had to remove it for some games.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#85 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 am

There have been a total of 144 games so far for those of you wondering. I have participated in 34 games so far..so nearly 1/4 which I suspected. I feel like some of you have participated in well over a 100 games though. :lol:
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#86 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:59 am

So we have played 144 games so far..and curiosity got the best of me to see which superstar players win the most on here who are typically taken in the first couple rounds. Obviously Jordan is number one no surprise there with 20, but...

Did you expect Durant and Leonard over James?
How about CP3/Stockton over Magic?
McGrady over Erving/Bird?
Garnett with the domination at the PF spot and more than doubling Duncan?
Ewing/Robinson more than doubling over centers such as KAJ, Wilt, Shaq, Dream?

Granted some numbers may be skewed depending on restrictions, eras played, but I thought it was interesting especially Garnett with the big advantage over Duncan (Duncan might be center in some games, but majority PF if I recall). Also, Ewing usually gets slept on due to FGA, but you win more often times than not at center with him than without him. DRob up there too at wins for centers. Thoughts?

Overall most championships won by a player

1. Michael Jordan-20
2. Kevin Durant-17
3. Kevin Garnett-16
3. Chris Paul-16
5. Patrick Ewing-15
5. Kawhi Leonard-15
7. David Robinson-12
7. Lebron James-12
7. John Stockton-12
10. Magic Johnson-11
11. Steve Nash-8
11. Stephen Curry-8
11. Tracy McGrady-8
11. Dirk Nowitzki-8
15. Charles Barkley-7
15. Tim Duncan-7
15. Julius Erving-7
18. Wilt Chamberlain-6
18. Larry Bird-6
18. Karl Malone-6
18. Dwyane Wade-6
22. Scottie Pippen-5
22. Hakeem Olajuwon-5
22. Kobe Bryant-5
22. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-5
26. Moses Malone-4
26. Shaquille O'Neal-4
26. Bill Walton-4
29. Jerry West-3
30. Oscar Robertson-2 (1-auction)
31. Bill Russell-1 (auction)

(Overall ranking-number in parenthesis below)

PG

1. Chris Paul-16 (3)
2. John Stockton-12 (7)
3. Magic Johnson-11 (10)
4. Steve Nash-8 (11)
4. Stephen Curry-8 (11)
6. Oscar Robertson-2 (one auction) (30)

SG

1. Michael Jordan-20 (1)
2. Dwayne Wade-6 (18)
3. Kobe Bryant-5 (22)
4. Jerry West-3 (29)

SF

1. Kevin Durant-17 (2)
2. Kawhi Leonard-15 (5)
3. Lebron James-12 (7)
4. Tracy McGrady-8 (11)
5. Julius Erving-7 (15)
6. Larry Bird-6 (18)
7. Scottie Pippen-5 (22)

PF

1. Kevin Garnett-16 (3)
2. Dirk Nowitzki-8 (11)
3. Tim Duncan-7 (15)
3. Charles Barkley-7 (15)
5. Karl Malone-6 (18)

C

1. Patrick Ewing-15 (5)
2. David Robinson-12 (7)
3. Wilt Chamberlain-6 (18)
4. Hakeem Olajuwon-5 (22)
4. Kareem Abdul Jabbar-5 (22)
6. Moses Malone-4 (26)
6. Shaquille Oneal-4 (26)
6. Bill Walton-4 (26)
9. Bill Russell-1 (auction) (31)
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Re: ***FGA/Auction Fantasy Drafts Winners History*** Ever wonder which players win the most? Check out the latest post! 

Post#87 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:39 am

Thanks CSF!

I've always been a fan of drafting Paul, he never goes 1st round but does basically everything you could ask for out of PG
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: ***FGA/Auction Fantasy Drafts Winners History*** Ever wonder which players win the most? Check out the latest post! 

Post#88 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:08 am

I wish I'd seen this before I chose to draft Shaq first. :-?

Still hard to believe he and Hakeem were seen as overpowered when I just started playing. Shows how much time I've wasted on here. :lol:
LA Bird
Analyst
And1: 3,145

Post#89 » by LA Bird » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:48 am

How has Ewing won the most games at center? His peak season costs 20+ FGA and using a non peak season is usually not well received. I would have thought someone like Mourning would have won more games than Ewing since he is a better use of FGA.

BTW, I am not surprised Shaq doesn't win many games on here. I remember that stretch around 2 or 3 years ago when I had the #1 pick every game, only to pick Shaq and get eliminated early in the playoffs every time. I once had a big 3 of prime Shaq, Walton, Curry and somehow failed to even make the playoffs.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#90 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 am

LA Bird wrote:How has Ewing won the most games at center? His peak season costs 20+ FGA and using a non peak season is usually not well received. I would have thought someone like Mourning would have won more games than Ewing since he is a better use of FGA.

BTW, I am not surprised Shaq doesn't win many games on here. I remember that stretch around 2 or 3 years ago when I had the #1 pick every game, only to pick Shaq and get eliminated early in the playoffs every time. I once had a big 3 of prime Shaq, Walton, Curry and somehow failed to even make the playoffs.

Every so often I wonder out loud whether prime Shaq's dominance is being glossed over in these games (including by myself). It could simply be the limiting factors of a) picking a high-FGA big man to start with b) being at the back of the order for your second and third picks, since Shaq normally goes in the top five and c) not having as much flexibility in terms of team-building. Given that pretty much everyone who plays these games regularly is a very good drafter nowadays, all those factors seem to make building a winner around him (or Hakeem) a tough task.

With regards to Ewing, my experience has been that he often falls a round or two below where his talents merit (probably due to those same FGA issues), and then ends up being a steal for a team that's already loaded. Zo might be better FGA value, but Ewing seems to be rated at least a level above him by most people. You can credibly sell Ewing as your undisputed #2 option even in a loaded draft, while with Zo you probably need another 20 ppg guy or two to supplement him.
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#91 » by euroleague » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:34 am

Those players are mostly showing that versatility wins (excepting Ewing who drops too far).
Cp3
MJ
KD
KG
Ewing

Solid team. I’ll bet Bowen and Battier won a fair amount as well
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#92 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:09 am

euroleague wrote:Those players are mostly showing that versatility wins (excepting Ewing who drops too far).
Cp3
MJ
KD
KG
Ewing

Solid team. I’ll bet Bowen and Battier won a fair amount as well

KD is super easy to build around for sure. Cheap, versatile, great shooter, can play with other ball-dominant scorers, above average defender. He's got some flaws but those can generally be covered pretty easily on the loaded teams we normally draft.

This underlines a point I've also tried to make about Kawhi - beyond a certain point, how good your first pick is in a vacuum isn't the only consideration. There's been some debate in the past as to whether KD and Kawhi were being "picked too high", but to me that misses the point. I don't think the difference between KD/Kawhi and Player X who you think is better is all that important when you can put three or four All-NBA players around them. Hakeem might be a better player individually, but KD and Kawhi are cheaper and don't inhibit your options as much.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#93 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:45 am

Ewing does well in stacked drafts since with so many centers he falls to like the 4th or 5th round or something, and the top 3 or 4 picks were on offensive players who are better than him so he can just be the final piece instead of having the team built around him

Shaq and Bird are two of the players I draft the least, I don't take them top 5 and they're usually gone by the time I would
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#94 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:26 am

Well Zo did win 8 times in these games, which would place him at 3 for centers over players like Shaq, Hakeem, KAJ, and Wilt. With Ewing, it's kind of hit or miss since sometimes you get docked with not using his peak season while other time it doesn't matter if you don't use his peak season and he's a great #2 option more so offensively as Fade mentioned. It's kind of a catch 22.

I find it pretty ironic/coincidence as just like real life, the focus is on guards/wings now more so than centers which was in the beginning of these games. I think one factor is there are a lot more defensive minded bigs to help combat these offensive goat bigs compared to wing defensive players against wing offensive players. FGA is a key factor too for centers compared to wing players. And Fade does bring up all valid points about Shaq as well.

For superstar players taken in the first couple rounds, I take Karl Malone the most (doubled) compared to other players when I looked at my own history. And most of these games, I'm usually in the end of the draft where I took him..surprised he doesn't get picked earlier in the game as much compared to other power forwards who are more offensive oriented (Dirk/Barkley)..granted the fga, but defense lot better for Malone.
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by Tony Snell » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:25 pm

I am doing a bit of a deeper dive into the players with the most wins that CSF took a look at last week. I am through the first 55 players selected (about 8 games). Aside from the all time greats (MJ, Garnett, LBJ, etc) that CSF brought up, the only player so far that has eclipsed 10 wins that he didn't mention was Jimmy Butler who has 15.

I also think Shaq has 6 wins, rather than 4, due to variations on how his name has been input onto the winner coversheet but still, given his normal draft position, this still feels low.
Greatest Bulls of All Time: 1. TONY SNELL 2. Jordan 3. Pippen 4. Rose 5. Gilmore
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#96 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Tony Snell wrote:I am doing a bit of a deeper dive into the players with the most wins that CSF took a look at last week. I am through the first 55 players selected (about 8 games). Aside from the all time greats (MJ, Garnett, LBJ, etc) that CSF brought up, the only player so far that has eclipsed 10 wins that he didn't mention was Jimmy Butler who has 15.

I also think Shaq has 6 wins, rather than 4, due to variations on how his name has been input onto the winner coversheet but still, given his normal draft position, this still feels low.

Not surprised Jimmy does so well. He and PG are the best "lower-level" stars of that particular type, but he gives you a bit better offensive value relative to FGA.
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Tony Snell » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:49 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
Tony Snell wrote:I am doing a bit of a deeper dive into the players with the most wins that CSF took a look at last week. I am through the first 55 players selected (about 8 games). Aside from the all time greats (MJ, Garnett, LBJ, etc) that CSF brought up, the only player so far that has eclipsed 10 wins that he didn't mention was Jimmy Butler who has 15.

Not surprised Jimmy does so well. He and PG are the best "lower-level" stars of that particular type, but he gives you a bit better offensive value relative to FGA.

I am through more players, and pretty unsurprisingly, PG clocks in at 16 wins. Manu at 11, Battier at 13, and McMillan at 12 are the other non-superstar double digit-ers so far. No real surprises in that group. Elite 3/4th options and top tier role players are valuable.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#98 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:12 pm

Tony Snell wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:

I am through more players, and pretty unsurprisingly, PG clocks in at 16 wins. Manu at 11, Battier at 13, and McMillan at 12 are the other non-superstar double digit-ers so far. No real surprises in that group. Elite 3/4th options and top tier role players are valuable.

With that in mind, it's surprising that Pippen isn't a bit closer to those guys. He's comparable to PG or Butler offensively while being an even better defender, and his price is similar. I guess his mediocre shooting and the fact he generally gets taken earlier are factors there.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,773

Post#99 » by Snakebites » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:32 pm

LA Bird wrote:How has Ewing won the most games at center? His peak season costs 20+ FGA and using a non peak season is usually not well received. I would have thought someone like Mourning would have won more games than Ewing since he is a better use of FGA.

Easy. He gets paired with MJ and other big winners a lot. I think I’ve won twice with him and MJ.
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by Tony Snell » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:55 pm

Inspired by CSF's post last week, I went through and tallied how many times each player has won a game. I'll post a google doc tonight because it is easier to read than in forum. Overall, 301 different players have played for a championship winning team. 91 players have won 5 or more games. Only 18 players have won double-digit number of games. We play a ton of 90s to now games, so I think that the results are skewed towards players from that era. Looking at the top of the leaderboard, at first glance it appears that 3/D players reign supreme. Carmelo Anthony has as many wins as James Harden.

Below you can find how many times each player has won a game by position.

PG
Chris Paul 16
Nate McMillan 13
John Stockton 12
Penny Hardaway 10
Jason Kidd 9
Magic Johnson 9
Steph Curry 8
Steve Nash 8
Chauncey Billups 8
Terry Porter 7
Shaun Livingston 7
Ron Harper 7
Gary Payton 7
George Hill 5
Steve Kerr 5
Kyle Lowry 5
Walt Frazier 5
Mike Conley 5
Rajon Rondo 4
Isiah Thomas 4
Pablo Prigioni 3
Cory Joseph 3
Kevin Johnson 3
Antonio Daniels 3
Patrick Beverley 3
Deron Williams 2
Damian Lillard 2
Oscar Robertson 2
Goran Dragic 2
Sam Cassell 2
Nate Archibald 2
John Wall 2
Mark Jackson 2
Doc Rivers 2
Ben Simmons 2
Russell Westbrook 2
Mookie Blaylock 2
Andre Miller 2
Chris Duhon 1
Isaiah Canaan 1
Terry Rozier 1
Derek Fisher 1
Eric Bledsoe 1
Jaque Vaughn 1
Mark Price 1
Norm Van Lier 1
Mo Cheeks 1
Derek Harper 1
Jim Les 1
John Paxson 1
Kyrie Irving 1
Carlos Arroyo 1
De'Aaron Fox 1
Patty Mills 1
Delon Wright 1
DJ Augustin 1
Tony Parker 1
Jrue Holiday 1
Tyus Jones 1
Ricky Rubio 1
Brent Price 1
Kirk Hinrich 1

SG

Michael Jordan 22
Jimmy Butler 15
Manu Ginobili 13
Andre Iguodala 13
Danny Green 9
Eddie Jones 9
Klay Thompson 7
Doug Christie 7
Reggie Miller 7
Jason Terry 7
Thabo Sefolosha 6
Dwyane Wade 6
Aaron McKie 6
Kobe Bryant 6
Ray Allen 5
Don Buse 5
Brandon Roy 5
Andre Roberson 5
Michael Cooper 5
Brent Barry 4
TR Dunn 4
Hersey Hawkins 4
Clyde Drexler 4
Mario Elie 4
Jeff Hornacek 3
Paul Pressey 3
Jerry West 3
Charlie Ward 3
Victor Oladipo 3
James Harden 3
Rick Barry 2
Eric Gordon 2
Danny Ainge 2
Dennis Johnson 2
Michael Redd 2
Joe Dumars 2
Dale Ellis 2
Khris Middleton 2
Steve Smith 2
Leandro Barbosa 2
Alvin Robertson 2
Lou Williams 1
Courtney Lee 1
Sam Jones 1
CJ McCollum 1
Demar DeRozan 1
Brandon Rush 1
Avery Bradley 1
Jordan Clarkson 1
Sidney Moncrief 1
JJ Redick 1
Don Cheney 1
Fred Hoiberg 1
Wesley Matthews 1
George McCloud 1
Vinnie Johnson 1
Gerald Henderson 1
Anthony Parker 1

SF

Kevin Durant 17
Paul George 16
Kawhi Leonard 15
LeBron James 14
Shane Battier 13
Grant Hill 12
Bruce Bowen 9
James Posey 8
Robert Horry 8
Kyle Korver 8
Jared Dudley 8
Tracy McGrady 8
Paul Pierce 7
Joe Ingles 7
Julius Erving 7
Larry Bird 6
Tayshaun Prince 5
Scottie Pippen 5
Chris Mullin 5
Toni Kukoc 4
Giannis Antetokounmpo 4
Mitch Richmond 4
Nic Batum 3
Kyle Anderson 3
Gordon Hayward 3
John Havlicek 3
Carmelo Anthony 3
Dan Majerle 3
Gerald Wallace 2
Tobias Harris 2
Otto Porter 2
Vince Carter 2
Bernard King 2
Adrian Dantley 2
Luke Walton 1
Dahntay Jones 1
Glen Rice 1
DeMarre Carroll 1
Latrell Sprewell 1
Jud Buechler 1
Wilson Chandler 1
Don Nelson 1
James Johnson 1
Harrison Barnes 1
Dave Debusschere 1
Richard Jefferson 1
Jayson Tatum 1
Robert Covington 1
Mike Miller 1
Jae Crowder 1
James Jones 1
Ron Artest 1
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 1

PF

Kevin Garnett 16
Draymond Green 13
Shawn Kemp 9
Elton Brand 9
Bobby Jones 8
Dirk Nowitzki 8
Rasheed Wallace 8
Charles Barkley 7
Andrei Kirilenko 7
Tim Duncan 7
Boris Diaw 6
Pau Gasol 6
Karl Malone 6
Dennis Rodman 6
Detlef Schrempf 6
Anthony Mason 6
Anthony Davis 5
Serge Ibaka 5
Horace Grant 5
Lamar Odom 5
Kevin McHale 4
Chris Bosh 4
Kurt Rambis 4
Al Horford 4
PJ Tucker 4
Charles Oakley 4
Shawn Marion 4
Luc Mbah a Moute 3
Paul Millsap 3
David West 3
Ed Davis 3
Rashard Lewis 3
Bo Outlaw 3
Rick Mahorn 3
Amir Johnson 2
Dale Davis 2
Chris Webber 2
PJ Brown 2
Nikola Mirotic 2
Channing Frye 2
Carlos Boozer 2
LaMarcus Aldridge 2
Larry Nance 2
Patrick Patterson 1
Truck Robinson 1
Cliff Robinson 1
Antonio McDyess 1
Pascal Siakam 1
Derrick Coleman 1
John Salley 1
Domantas Sabonis 1
Clifford Rozier 1
Marques Johnson 1
Jerami Grant 1

C

Patrick Ewing 15
David Robinson 12
Dikembe Mutombo 9
Alonzo Mourning 8
Dwight Howard 8
George Johnson 7
Ben Wallace 6
Shaquille O'Neal 6
Wilt Chamberlain 6
Marc Gasol 5
Tyson Chandler 5
Omer Asik 5
Hakeem Olajuwon 5
Manute Bol 5
Kareem Abdul-Jabaar 5
Bill Walton 4
Yao Ming 4
Moses Malone 4
Charles Jones 4
Steven Adams 4
Cole Aldrich 4
Mark Eaton 4
DeAndre Jordan 4
Rudy Gobert 4
Artis Gilmore 4
Theo Ratliff 4
Nikola Jokic 3
Michael Cage 3
Dewayne Dedmon 3
Wes Unseld 3
Ervin Johnson 3
DeSagana Diop 3
Arvydas Sabonis 3
Tristan Thompson 3
Marcus Camby 3
Andre Drummond 2
Bill Russell 2
Andrew Bogut 2
Caldwell Jones 2
Rodney McCray 2
Michael Ruffin 2
Ryan Hollins 2
Clint Capela 2
Marcin Gortat 2
Joel Embiid 2
Brook Lopez 2
Kendrick Perkins 2
Kwame Brown 2
Bismack Biyombo 1
Lucas Nogueira 1
DeMarcus Cousins 1
Marvin Webster 1
Amare Stoudemire 1
Greg Anderson 1
Tree Rollins 1
Antonio Davis 1
Mark Madsen 1
Bill Laimbeer 1
Hassan Whiteside 1
Nate Thurmond 1
Shawn Bradley 1
Karl-Anthony Towns 1
Jack Sikma 1
Brad Daugherty 1
Erik Dampier 1
Elvin Hayes 1
Vlade Divac 1
Hasheem Thabeet 1
Roy Hibbert 1
Jason Collins 1
Zydrunas Ilgauskas 1
Jermaine O'Neal 1
Al Jefferson 1
Joakim Noah 1

Return to Trades and Transactions Games