Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mock Off-Season: NBA Draft 

Post#181 » by kalenclayton » Sat May 20, 2017 12:40 am

spree8 wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
yeah just moved the 8th to Orlando

You moved the 8th? You gotta do these negotiations on the draft thread man. We aren't supposed to be PM'ing each other the negotiations. Just negotiate out in the open so we can see and not be bored waiting hours for you to pick.

Yea that's my bad, I pm'd him thinking he'd get a notification email asap since he was on the clock for a while... we negotiated there quickly and just finished.

I get it, guys. We are all in different time zones and waiting is to be expected. I've just been waiting for my pick because I'm about to be unavailable for like 2-3 hours. The PM part was the main issue. If we see people negotiating, then we know they are doing something. That's all. Congrats on the deal.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Re: Mock Off-Season: NBA Draft 

Post#182 » by kalenclayton » Sat May 20, 2017 12:42 am

spankymoore7 wrote:I thought negotions were in the thread. Are we supposed to PM?

Sent from my XT1096 using RealGM mobile app

NO. Please negotiate out in the open. It is what sportscrazy said in the OP and it ensures us that people are doing something instead of making their pick. (Sorry for the bold "no") :D
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#183 » by Spens1 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:45 am

sorry didn't even see that.

We were trying to get a deal out quickly and where working through the details of it. Anyway Dallas are on the clock
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#184 » by NashtyNas » Sat May 20, 2017 12:47 am

spree8 wrote:it happened pretty fast.. I'm sorry broham. I don't blame ya for being mad... you got every right to be...feel free to pour it on lol.

I'm not mad, just disappointed that people can't keep their word which is what makes these games less fun year after year and discourages people from participating. Happens in real life (look at the DJ situation) too so it is what it is. I hope you enjoy your shiny bust of a pick.. I mean Dennis Smith. 8-)

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#185 » by kalenclayton » Sat May 20, 2017 1:00 am

DocRI wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
DocRI wrote:
Just in case you missed my other reply, yes, I'm interested. What more do you want on top of #12? Please let me know!

Whoops. :-? Sorry about that. We are interested in Stanley Johnson, but are unsure of how we can come up with extra value. What kind of value are you seeking for him? If we can't make a move for him, we are interested in future picks.

First off, no sweat on missing my first post! :D

I don't really see a way to make up the value difference between a two-spot jump and Stanley Johnson, especially since I already traded Marcus Morris. Is there any salary you want to dump? Are you interested in Ish Smith as a bridge PG to Fox? Any interest in Henry Ellenson? As for picks, I've got my 2018 2nd rounder, a really complicated 2019 2nd rounder (please look it up, it's conditions are too long to type out!), and all of my firsts, but I think a first rounder is too steep a price for moving up two spots and I doubt you're interested in a pick swap, correct? In any case, let me know if any of these dots connect in a way that suits you. Thanks again!

It's pretty normal for a team to include another first when moving up in the draft, especially this high in the draft. We are just talking about two spots, but if your guy is there, it might be in your best interest to move up. It's also a risk on my part because I risk the chance to draft my guy. I'm not trying to talk you into it, but I'm just trying to tell you that this is pretty normal.

Now, about us. Lol
I think the starting point would be sending 10 for 12 and a future first (probably '19). I don't know how you feel about that because it might feel like a bit too much. I just know that it's my starting point.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#186 » by NashtyNas » Sat May 20, 2017 1:12 am

Would be interesting to see if Memphis backs out of their trade with Orlando for Gasol as they could easily just take #8 from NY instead.....

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Post#187 » by Mystical Apples » Sat May 20, 2017 1:15 am

Who's picking?
geometry
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#188 » by Knickfan1982 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:22 am

Should be Dallas now.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,480

Post#189 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 20, 2017 1:23 am

Mystical Apples wrote:Who's picking?

Texas Chuck wrote:.

Don't see him quoted so he probably doesn't know. But he very gratefully selects Frank I imagine...
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#190 » by DocRI » Sat May 20, 2017 1:25 am

kalenclayton wrote:
DocRI wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Whoops. :-? Sorry about that. We are interested in Stanley Johnson, but are unsure of how we can come up with extra value. What kind of value are you seeking for him? If we can't make a move for him, we are interested in future picks.

I don't really see a way to make up the value difference between a two-spot jump and Stanley Johnson, especially since I already traded Marcus Morris. Is there any salary you want to dump? Are you interested in Ish Smith as a bridge PG to Fox? Any interest in Henry Ellenson? As for picks, I've got my 2018 2nd rounder, a really complicated 2019 2nd rounder (please look it up, it's conditions are too long to type out!), and all of my firsts, but I think a first rounder is too steep a price for moving up two spots and I doubt you're interested in a pick swap, correct? In any case, let me know if any of these dots connect in a way that suits you. Thanks again!

It's pretty normal for a team to include another first when moving up in the draft, especially this high in the draft. We are just talking about two spots, but if your guy is there, it might be in your best interest to move up. It's also a risk on my part because I risk the chance to draft my guy. I'm not trying to talk you into it, but I'm just trying to tell you that this is pretty normal.

Now, about us. Lol
I think the starting point would be sending 10 for 12 and a future first (probably '19). I don't know how you feel about that because it might feel like a bit too much. I just know that it's my starting point.

So just to be clear, there's nothing else on my roster other than Stanley Johnson or a future 1st rounder that'll entice you to trade back, right?

If so, what kind of protection are you willing to accept on a 2019 1st? 'Cuz if I do this, it's gonna need to be steep, and then convert to a pair of 2nds. I'm not talking about Nerlens-Noel-Trade-Level, "This first rounder will absolutely never actually convey" protection, but it's still gonna need to be significant.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#191 » by Soulyss » Sat May 20, 2017 1:26 am

jayjaysee wrote:
Mystical Apples wrote:Who's picking?

Texas Chuck wrote:.

Don't see him quoted so he probably doesn't know. But he very gratefully selects Frank I imagine...

Outside of the top 2... easiest pick to guess :lol:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,797

Post#192 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 20, 2017 1:32 am

one sec and the pick will be in
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#193 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 20, 2017 1:36 am

With the 9th pick the Dallas Mavericks select Zach Collins, PF/C from Gonzaga.

Sorry Jay not a big fan of Ntilikina.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#194 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 20, 2017 1:37 am

Dallas also interested in getting back into the 1st round if anyone is looking to move a pick.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,783

Post#195 » by spree8 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:39 am

I_Socrates wrote:Would be interesting to see if Memphis backs out of their trade with Orlando for Gasol as they could easily just take #8 from NY instead.....

Na he already confirmed via pm. Plus Payton was an important part of the deal too.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Mock Off-Season: NBA Draft 

Post#196 » by NashtyNas » Sat May 20, 2017 1:40 am

spree8 wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:Would be interesting to see if Memphis backs out of their trade with Orlando for Gasol as they could easily just take #8 from NY instead.....

Na he already confirmed via pm. Plus Payton was an important part of the deal too.

Lucky you're not dealing with a flaky individual I guess. Good on Memphis.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using RealGM mobile app

DocRI
Starter

Post#197 » by DocRI » Sat May 20, 2017 1:56 am

kalenclayton wrote:
Spoiler:
spree8 wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:...
You moved the 8th? You gotta do these negotiations on the draft thread man. We aren't supposed to be PM'ing each other the negotiations. Just negotiate out in the open so we can see and not be bored waiting hours for you to pick.

Yea that's my bad, I pm'd him thinking he'd get a notification email asap since he was on the clock for a while... we negotiated there quickly and just finished.

I get it, guys. We are all in different time zones and waiting is to be expected. I've just been waiting for my pick because I'm about to be unavailable for like 2-3 hours. The PM part was the main issue. If we see people negotiating, then we know they are doing something. That's all. Congrats on the deal.

You're on the clock (and for the rest of us, looks like we can take a powder).

DocRI wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
DocRI wrote:

Now, about us. Lol

So just to be clear, there's nothing else on my roster other than Stanley Johnson or a future 1st rounder that'll entice you to trade back, right?

If so, what kind of protection are you willing to accept on a 2019 1st? 'Cuz if I do this, it's gonna need to be steep, and then convert to a pair of 2nds. I'm not talking about Nerlens-Noel-Trade-Level, "This first rounder will absolutely never actually convey" protection, but it's still gonna need to be significant.

Sorry to do this, but I'm gonna have to pull any future 1st rounders off the table. Will be more than happy to kick you seconds or your choice of Smith, Ellenson, Hilliard or Boban. Otherwise, I'll probably stand pat.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#198 » by stitches » Sat May 20, 2017 1:58 am

Spens1 wrote:
stitches wrote:
Spens1 wrote:.

Are the Knicks interested in trading the no. 8 pick?

possibly depending on the offer, what do you have in mind

I'm sorry spens1, I was asleep. Good on you for making a deal.
DocRI
Starter

Post#199 » by DocRI » Sat May 20, 2017 1:59 am

spankymoore7 wrote: ...

Just putting a bug in your ear — depending upon what the Kings do at #10, I might be willing to kick you an asset to drop back one spot from #11 to #12. You cool if I shoot you a line when you're on the clock? Thanks!
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#200 » by stitches » Sat May 20, 2017 2:00 am

kalenclayton wrote:.

Jazz still have interest in the deal we discussed previously. Shoot me a MSG here if still interested.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games