Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Re: Mock Off-Season: NBA Draft 

Post#261 » by warren weel im » Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 am

DocRI wrote:
warren weel im wrote:
DocRI wrote:
From earlier —

Just checking in, but now that you have Ball, and assuming you're setting yourself up for a run at Paul George next offseason ... any interest in trading D'Angelo Russell & Luol Deng for Reggie Jackson (one of PG's best friends), Boban, and DET's 2018 1st round draft pick (decreasing from top 10 protected / top 5 / top 3 / unprotected, to replace the pick you've eventually gotta send PHI)? Let me know, thanks!

Simple answer would be NO. D'Angelo Russell is perfectly fine and not being shopped. We are fine waiting for PG in 2018 and as a matter of fact, we are willing to entertain offers of 1-yr deals being sent to our team for other teams to pursue FAs or cut salary aka Jazz or Spurs.

I figured as much, but had to ask if Ball's arrival equaled Russell becoming available.

Understandable, they are really not mutually exclusive. Both are big guards, which we like, both have excellent court vision, but Ball is more a natural passer/distributor than Russell, who is a more-natural scorer and shooter. I think both fit well perfectly.

You should be focusing on Jordan Clarkson though.
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Re: RE: Re: Mock Off-Season: NBA Draft 

Post#262 » by Mystical Apples » Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 am

spankymoore7 wrote:
Mystical Apples wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Lol. For sure. Again. I'm sorry for the long wait. I didn't expect to get so many good offers for the 10th pick. Then when I chose an offer, I appeared that the user was in bed. It looks like tomorrow will be eventful.

How about a 3-team? Executed July 1

MIA out: 14, Johnson, McBob
MIA in: 10

CHA out: 2018 protected top 20 1st, 41, Sessions
CHA in: Tyler Johnson

SAC out: 10
SAC in: 14, 2018 top 20 protected 1st, 41, McBob, Sessions

That cap hit in two years is insane. No thanks

Sent from my XT1096 using RealGM mobile app

Really? He's nearly ideal for CHA unless you already acquired another combo.
geometry
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#263 » by DocRI » Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 am

Okay gang, this is where I call it a night. Catch everyone in the morning.

DocRI wrote:
spankymoore7 wrote: ...

Just putting a bug in your ear — depending upon what the Kings do at #10, I might be willing to kick you an asset to drop back one spot from #11 to #12. You cool if I shoot you a line when you're on the clock? Thanks!

Spanky, I may still be down with this depending upon who goes at #10 (basically, I was envisioning the same kinda deal you just offered the Kings, where I throw in a 2nd or a lower-regarded young prospect to move up a slot). Drop me a line in the morning if you're interested, and if not, good luck with your pick!
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach

Post#264 » by Mystical Apples » Sat May 20, 2017 5:53 am

kalenclayton wrote:
spankymoore7 wrote:
Mystical Apples wrote:
How about a 3-team? Executed July 1

MIA out: 14, Johnson, McBob
MIA in: 10

CHA out: 2018 protected top 20 1st, 41, Sessions
CHA in: Tyler Johnson

SAC out: 10
SAC in: 14, 2018 top 20 protected 1st, 41, McBob, Sessions

That cap hit in two years is insane. No thanks

I was thinking it was intriguing for a moment.
Miami: if you can find a third team to take on Johnson and have an asset come my way, then we might have something.

We need to work on CHA. TJ is legit and fills a massive need for them.
geometry
DocRI
Starter

Post#265 » by DocRI » Sat May 20, 2017 5:53 am

warren weel im wrote:
DocRI wrote:
warren weel im wrote:
Simple answer would be NO. D'Angelo Russell is perfectly fine and not being shopped. We are fine waiting for PG in 2018 and as a matter of fact, we are willing to entertain offers of 1-yr deals being sent to our team for other teams to pursue FAs or cut salary aka Jazz or Spurs.

I figured as much, but had to ask if Ball's arrival equaled Russell becoming available.

Understandable, they are really not mutually exclusive. Both are big guards, which we like, both have excellent court vision, but Ball is more a natural passer/distributor than Russell, who is a more-natural scorer and shooter. I think both fit well perfectly.

Okay, maybe I'm NOT going to bed after all! :D

What's your offer to send Clarkson to Motown?
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#266 » by warren weel im » Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 am

DocRI wrote:
warren weel im wrote:
DocRI wrote:

Since our babies are slotted at the 1-2 and 3 (Ball, Russell, Ingram) what remains un-filled are the 4-5. I like the idea of Tobias Harris joining the team in terms of size/versatility/shooting and would be willing to move Clarkson, Brewer, 28 for Harris and filler.
spankymoore7
Rookie
And1: 324

Post#267 » by spankymoore7 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 am

DocRI wrote:Okay gang, this is where I call it a night. Catch everyone in the morning.

DocRI wrote:
spankymoore7 wrote: ...

Just putting a bug in your ear — depending upon what the Kings do at #10, I might be willing to kick you an asset to drop back one spot from #11 to #12. You cool if I shoot you a line when you're on the clock? Thanks!

Spanky, I may still be down with this depending upon who goes at #10 (basically, I was envisioning the same kinda deal you just offered the Kings, where I throw in a 2nd or a lower-regarded young prospect to move up a slot). Drop me a line in the morning if you're interested, and if not, good luck with your pick!

Sounds good

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#268 » by stitches » Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 am

kalenclayton wrote:
stitches wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Could we do 17, 18, PHI '18 2nd, NY '19 2nd for #10?

If Philly is willing to do that, the Jazz are willing to add a second round pick to their offer if it makes any difference.

Philly... We are interested in doing the trade with you. 17, 18, PHI '18 2nd, NY '19 2nd for #10.

Utah. Your trade is a very close second right now. I think this trade is fantastic the more and more I think about it, but Lyles plays the same position as Skal. This makes the drop from 10 to 24 tough. If PHI doesn't want to do business, then I will go with your deal. Just waiting on their response.
#10 for Lyles, 24, 30 and '19 2nd

I didn't get your response on how desirebale Alec Burks is and if he changes the calculations at all. I can include him in the trade if you want him.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#269 » by spearsy23 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:01 am

Mystical Apples wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
spankymoore7 wrote:That cap hit in two years is insane. No thanks

Miami: if you can find a third team to take on Johnson and have an asset come my way, then we might have something.

OKC could really use TJ as a backup point. Do we have an asset that fills the need? Can't be pick 21 though. Abrines?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
DocRI
Starter

Post#270 » by DocRI » Sat May 20, 2017 6:02 am

warren weel im wrote:
DocRI wrote:
warren weel im wrote:

Since our babies are slotted at the 1-2 and 3 (Ball, Russell, Ingram) what remains un-filled are the 4-5. I like the idea of Tobias Harris joining the team in terms of size/versatility/shooting and would be willing to move Clarkson, Brewer, 28 for Harris and filler.

I'm actually really high on Harris. He was one of the main reasons I pursued Alvin Gentry so strongly as my Associate Head Coach; I want to see what an innovative offensive coach, like Gentry, can get out of him. Any interest in Jon Leuer at PF?
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#271 » by warren weel im » Sat May 20, 2017 6:03 am

DocRI wrote:
warren weel im wrote:
DocRI wrote:

I'm actually really high on Harris. He was one of the main reasons I pursued Alvin Gentry so strongly as my Associate Head Coach; I want to see what an innovative offensive coach, like Gentry, can get out of him. Any interest in Jon Leuer at PF?

Only if you're interested at Deng or Mozgov :lol:
spankymoore7
Rookie
And1: 324

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mock Off-Season: NBA Draft 

Post#272 » by spankymoore7 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:05 am

Mystical Apples wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
spankymoore7 wrote:That cap hit in two years is insane. No thanks

Not trading two picks so we can pay Tyler Johnson 18 million a year. Sorry. It's 2AM here, will pick it up in the morning. Good night guys

Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach

Post#273 » by Mystical Apples » Sat May 20, 2017 6:06 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Mystical Apples wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:I was thinking it was intriguing for a moment.

OKC could really use TJ as a backup point. Do we have an asset that fills the need? Can't be pick 21 though. Abrines?

Being totally sincere Miami views him as their starting PG if/when Dragic is finally moved. I'm only making him available for 1 target at 10 plus clearing McBob's 1-year remaining.
geometry
DocRI
Starter

Post#274 » by DocRI » Sat May 20, 2017 6:08 am

warren weel im wrote:
DocRI wrote:
warren weel im wrote:

Don't laugh — how much sweetener would you include if I took Deng off your hands?
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#275 » by warren weel im » Sat May 20, 2017 6:09 am

spearsy23 wrote:..

The Lakers have come up with an offer that might benefit both teams.

OKC sends:
Enes Kanter
Doug McDermott
Bulls 18 2nd
OKC 18 2nd

LA sends:
Jordan Clarkson
Corey Brewer
28th overall

You get a 1st our of Kanter! Seriously, the Lakers want to free the possible logjam at guards. We'd like to play Ball and Russell as many minutes as we can. Kanter could use the change of scenery.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#276 » by warren weel im » Sat May 20, 2017 6:10 am

DocRI wrote:
warren weel im wrote:
DocRI wrote:

Don't laugh — how much sweetener would you include if I took Deng off your hands?

That would include 2nd rounders, cash, possibly Randle.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#277 » by spearsy23 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:12 am

Mystical Apples wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
Mystical Apples wrote:

Being totally sincere Miami views him as their starting PG if/when Dragic is finally moved. I'm only making him available for 1 target at 10 plus clearing McBob's 1-year remaining.

I'm talking about taking charlotte's place the 3 teamer. I could do
Abrines/chi 2018 2nd
Or
Sabonis/single/chi 2018 2nd
If the kings value either guy the same as atop 20 protected
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
DocRI
Starter

Post#278 » by DocRI » Sat May 20, 2017 6:15 am

warren weel im wrote:
DocRI wrote:
warren weel im wrote:

That would include 2nd rounders, cash, possibly Randle.

Let's put a pin in this for tonight and pick it up tomorrow (especially after I see how my picks at #12 & #16 shake out). But right now, I'm open to discussing Deng & Randle for Leuer & Boban.

And this time I mean it — on that note, I'm heading to bed. G'night all, catch ya in the morning.
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach

Post#279 » by Mystical Apples » Sat May 20, 2017 6:16 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Mystical Apples wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:OKC could really use TJ as a backup point. Do we have an asset that fills the need? Can't be pick 21 though. Abrines?

I'm talking about taking charlotte's place the 3 teamer. I could do
Abrines/chi 2018 2nd
Or
Sabonis/single/chi 2018 2nd
If the kings value either guy the same as atop 20 protected

Oh, by bad. Yeah that's up to SAC. TJ + 14 is available so long as MIA gets 10 and someone absorbs McBob.
geometry
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#280 » by spearsy23 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:19 am

warren weel im wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:..

The Lakers have come up with an offer that might benefit both teams.

OKC sends:
Enes Kanter
Doug McDermott
Bulls 18 2nd
OKC 18 2nd

LA sends:
Jordan Clarkson
Corey Brewer
28th overall

You get a 1st our of Kanter! Seriously, the Lakers want to free the possible logjam at guards. We'd like to play Ball and Russell as many minutes as we can. Kanter could use the change of scenery.

We have to cut some salary if we move enes. He's good just too expensive for where we are. We'd do it without brewer, and since he expires it won't hurt your pg plans.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games