Mock Off-Season: Roster Page

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Re: Mock Off-Season: Roster Page 

Post#81 » by spree8 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 7:53 pm

I don't even see that many unrealistic trades that were made on the confirmed trades thread. I could see Isaiah Thomas, LMA, and MGasol all being traded.

I think expecting a game with a tiny bit of small transactions for each team is actually more unrealistic. Not every offseason is the same and there have been many more eventful offseasons than the one in this game.

You also have to account for the difficulty in communication that leads to assets being flipped more than once (which still even happens IRL)... you have Gm's who aren't even active, ones that drop out altogether, and ones who take days to respond. IRL, it's Gm's jobs/career/livelihoods and they talk on the phone and have instant access to each other all the time... communication is so much easier. Here, just to make a move you really like, you kinda have to take a few extra steps to get there.

But again, I don't think this game has been all that crazy to be honest. I'm sure if Cousins was traded for the package he was IRL, we'd have a problem with it. Or if KD signed with GS, or Lebron & Bosh signed with Miami we'd all say it's a stretch. Or Boston going from a rebuilding team to suddenly having a super team trading for Ray Allen and KG in such a short time would be deemed as unrealistic. The NBA offseason gets just as crazy IRL.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#82 » by DocRI » Sat Jun 3, 2017 8:52 pm

My two cents on realism (which nobody asked for) —

First off, I don't think anyone should feel the need to apologize for however they chose to play this game. After all, this is the T&T GAME forum, and this stuff is supposed to be fun. Did some players stretch the "realism" factor a bit far? IMHO, yes, they did. But who am I, or who are any of us, to judge? And this is coming from a player who's had on one hand one of the most unrealistic offseasons (there's no way the Pistons are really gonna trade for Tomas and Aldridge), but on the other hand also a kinda realistic one (there's also no way the Pistons would've turned down the deals I was offered, and those happened before news broke that SVG is looking to trade our draft pick for "the right win-now veterans"). It feels like things are devolving into complaining, finger pointing, and justifying, and I just don't see any good that can come from those.

I know it's been said before, but I think the biggest issue with this game was the timing and pacing, and I think that added to the number of deals, which then in turn stretched the realism factor. The game started and there was a month before the draft lottery, so a ton of handshake deals got struck. Then the draft lasted a week, so even more deals got made. It's a double-edged sword — games like this need involved participants, but how do you expect people to stay involved through such lulls of activity? Answer: they make more trades. Again, using myself as an example, I know I made a pretty pointless deal to trade back into the bottom of the second round mainly 'cuz I was bored and wanted something to do!

So sportscrazy, here's my unsolicited suggestion — if you want to run a project to simulate a realistic offseason for all 30 NBA teams, don't recruit 30 de-facto GMs, 'cuz how many of them are actually going to enjoy twiddling their thumbs, using the draft picks they've already got, and making a few minor free agent signings (which, let's face it, is the standard offseason for most teams)? Instead, try to find six knowledgeable posters, assign them each a division, and tell them to keep it as real as possible (plus, since trading within a division is rare, so there would be few self-negotiated deals). And then, as commissioner, you veto or approve all trades and free agent signings. I think that would give you the "simulation" you're looking for rather than the "game" that this became.

But in closing, I have to say that despite its flaws and warts, I think this has been pretty damn fun! So thank you again, sportscrazy, and thank you to everyone who's been active in this game. Although, that being said, you couldn't pay me enough to take sportscrazy's job of running it ... :D
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#83 » by aramada » Sat Jun 3, 2017 10:07 pm

sportscrazy wrote:As I mentioned in another thread, this kind of devolved from real life management of what teams would do and became flipping players that were just acquired for a better asset to assemble the best team possible. I have no passion for this project as it isn't at all the project I intended to manage any more. I'm going to finish this out for those that made it this far, but I think I'm just going to have every one submit their free agent offers in one thread over the next few days with free agents accepting the best offer, then have a secondary wave of offers for the remaining free agents then wrap this up and move on. I knew it would be a ton of work to manage this project, but thought it would resemble a real life off-season of minor trades rather than tons of block buster deals with teams flipping the starting quality player they just traded for in order to receive a new player sometimes multiple times.

I would love if some one else would just take over at this point because it isn't at all the project I wanted to run any more. But since finding some one to take over at this point isn't realistic and neither are the results of this project, I'll just start two waves of free agent offers with free agents deciding where they sign rather than wasting time on the free agent negotiation aspect for a project that has unrealistic rosters any way this far in.

First sportscrazy, I wanted to reiterate that you have once again done a great job and despite some of the annoying factors you mentioned, I have had a lot of fun.

Being one of the participants from last year, I am in a good position to say that the design of this game is perfect to produce a very realistic outcome. Players/GMs were no different or less realistic in their approach compared to last year, yet we ended up seeing less realistic trades.
One of the main differences IMO is that GMs have had too much time on their hands this year. You can't expect the game to be completely realistic when only one player plays the role of his team's entire FO. In real life, an entire staff debates a strategy beforehand and moves as they are on the table. Consensus usually needs to be reached among multiple people (scouts, ownership, cap people, analytics people) before the GM pulls the trigger. All of this takes time and leads to more trades failing.
Here we have one guy who doesn't have all the resources to consider all angles, and doesn't play with real money. As a result decisions are made quicker than in normal life, based on instincts mainly.
Last year had a more realistic outcome because the game only lasted a couple of weeks (if I remember correctly). This year, with the pre-draft process lasting 1 month, everyone got excited at the beginning and not only some dropped out after a couple of weeks, followed by more people as the draft dragged on, but also those who were still dealing a few weeks in ended up making trades out of boredom (some pointed it out bluntly). In short, the solution is to keep the game short, ie a few days before the draft, a couple of days for the draft, and a few days for free agency - a total of 8-10 days.
Some suggestions to make it work:
- sportscrazy would still lead, but he could consider having a couple people help him, including game participants. I think some of us can both play and help with the moderating without being partial. I would definitely be willing to help
- sportscrazy could also have a team. Why not take part in the fun, too?
- As I mentioned, no more than 2-3 days leading up to the draft. Starting later in the playoffs or simulating more rounds and NBA Awards would make the game just as in line with reality
- Everyone should have 24 hours to give their full draft board before the draft, then have 30 min per pick during Eastern Time. If no trade or pick is selected after 30 min, then the moderator applies the next pick on the player's board. If the player hasn't submitted his draft board, then the next DX best available applies. I know it will reduce the number of draft day trades but this thing needs to keep moving
- Second round of the draft should be almost all simulated. I mean no one builds their team in the second round.
- Stick to the real realistic CBA - many players got traded a second time as part of a package, which is illegal (I'm guilty on one of them with Morris). Also, this whole thing with Sign and Trades of players long before free agency started lead to the most non-realistic trades in this game.

I personally hope sportscrazy finds the motivation to finish this game and start it again next year. There definitely are ways we can improve to make the outcome as realistic as last year.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#84 » by Mich3006 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:07 pm

Trades:
New Orleans Pelicans get: Corey Joseph
Milwaukee Bucks get: Tomas Satoransky and 52nd Overall Draft Pick
Toronto Raptors get: Axel Toupane, Quinn Cook, 40th Overall Draft Pick and 2018 New Orleans Pelicans Second Round Draft Pick
Washington Wizards get: Quincy Pondexter

Draft:
No picks in 2017

Cap holds:
Jrue Holiday $16,929,777

Trade exception:
Buddy Hield $3,517,200
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#85 » by DocRI » Wed Jun 7, 2017 4:10 am

Accidental post, sorry.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#86 » by bdpecore » Fri Jun 9, 2017 12:44 pm

Milwaukee Bucks

The Milwaukee Bucks are proud to present their 2017-18 roster. Our goals were to reduce our long term commitments, find a starting caliber forward who can start while Jabari rehabs (and worst case scenario remain the starter if Parker cannot regain his old form after returning) and revamping our second unit to provide more scoring options and balanced all while remaining a defensive minded team. We feel with the additions of Marvin Williams, Bismack Biyombo, JJ Barea and Jerami Grant provide Jason Kidd and his staff with lots of roster versatility and the resigning of Tony Snell, Michael Beasley and Jason Terry were all necessary since they were such great fits with our core players last season.

We have also added some talented young players to our new G League affiliate and hold the rights to Mathias Lessort who we are extremely high on and plan on bringing over next season. We feel quite confident our current NBA roster has put us in a position to contend for home court in the playoffs this season while still having the ability to take significant steps down the line which will make us a championship contender for years to come. That said, we will continue looking to add more depth for our new G League team but feel we have taken huge steps forward this offseason to "own the future" right now.

Current Depth Chart[/b]

PG - Brogdon, Barea,Terry
SG - Middleton, Snell, Vaughn
SF - Parker, Williams, Singler
PF - Giannis, Beasley, Grant
C - Maker, Biyombo, Hamilton

2 Developmental Contracts - Tyler Dorsey and V.J. Beachem

G League Roster Signings - Peter Jok, Michael Ojo, Billy Garrett Jr, and Eric Mika

Draft and Stash Players - Mathias Lessort

Team Salary

Giannis - $22,471,911
Biyombo - $17,000,000
Middleton - $14,100,000
Williams - $13,168,750
Snell - $10,000,000 (Bird Rights)
Parker - $6,782,392
Singler $4,666,500
Beasley - $4,000,000 (Partial MLE)
Barea - $3,903,900
Hamilton - $3,000,000
Maker - $2,684,160
Vaughn - $1,889,040
Terry - $1,605,967 (Vet Minimum)
Grant - $1,524,305
Brogdon - $1,312,611
Lessort - Draft and Stash
Dorsey - Two Way Developmental Deal (2 years)
Beachem - Two Way Developmental Deal (2 years)

Dead Cap: Sanders - $1,865,547

Current Salary = $109,975,083
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#87 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 9, 2017 1:18 pm

BROOKLYN NETS | ROSTER & LINEUPS

Sean Marks, Kenny Atkinson and their staff made a strive this offseason to get more athletic, to add shooting, and to continue to build a culture around high charecter players, effort, and a focus on development. Marks wanted to add more ball handling and believes that was accomplished adding Teodosic and Turner. Marks also added some shooting with Ojeleye, Leonard, and Milos along with the healthy return of Joe Harris. The Nets will also look much more modern defensively with 4 long athletic players giving them the ability to switch on screens when needed and defend the pick and roll, an Achilles heel in the past. The Nets feel they have achieved the right balance of Veteran leadership, hardworking young players who still have development ahead of them, high ceiling rookies, and versatile defenders.

Your 2017-2018 Brooklyn Nets:

STARTERS
PG: MILOS TEODOSIC | SG: CARIS LEVERT | SF: SEMI OJELEYE | PF: RONDAE HOLLIS-JEFFERSON | C: DEWAYNE DEDMON

RESERVES

PG: Spencer Dinwiddie | Isiaah Whitehead
CG: Jeremy Lin | Archie Goodwin
SG: Joe Harris | Dwayne Bacon
SF: Evan Turner
F: Andrew Nicholson
PF: Caleb Swanigan
C: Myers Leonard
2 Way: Terrance Fergeson | Marcus Keane
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#88 » by stitches » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:50 pm

UTAH JAZZ

Goals and flow of the off-season: The Jazz came into the off-season with ultimate goal of keeping Gordon Hayward. Any secondary and tertiary goals were subject to that ultimate goal. We felt like we would be alright as long as we have the two cornerstones for our franchise - Rudy Gobert on defense and Hayward on offense. Secondary goal was providing Gordon with a good enough vet starting point guard to stabilize the lineup. The Jazz were in love with what George Hill provided the team last season(when healthy), we felt like he's the perfect complement to the rest of our roster with his ability to play both on and off ball, but were worried that he will get massively overpaid by some team on the free agency market and we had to do our due diligence in order to try to procure a PG before we had to go to Hayward in FA. This lead to serious interest toward Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic and Jeremy Lin(as a contingency plan), but we couldn't strike a deal with the respective GMs. Another goal in case we keep our players was to balance the roster and avoid getting in luxury tax hell. Trading Alec Burks essentially for cap relief was a no-brainer here. The trade I'm most ambivalent towards was trading Derrick Favors to the Spurs for Danny Green and future assets(1 first and 1 pick swap). I hated giving up Favors. I think if he gets healthy he's worth much more than that, but once I striked the deals with Hayward, Hill and Ingles it became clear we will have hard time keeping Favors past this current year, so I decided to extract some value for him now, while crawling under the luxury tax. Having secured Patrick Patterson for a long term cost-controlled contract(4 years at MLE) helped with this decision as well.

Major signings/acquisitions:
+Gordon Hayward to 5(4+1PO) years max deal.
+George Hill to 4 years 78M deal
+Joe Ingles to 4 years 35M deal
+Patrick Patterson to 4 years deal at 8M per year(MLE)
+Danny Green at 10M contract for 2 more years(second year PO)

Minor Signings/Acquisitions:
+Donatas Motiejūnas to 2 years(1+1) at vet minimum
+Sterling Brown to 2 years 2-way contract
+Isaiah Briscoe to 2 years 2-way contract

Key and minor losses:
-Derrick Favors
-Boris Diaw
-Alec Burks
-Shelvin Mack
-Jeff Withey
-Joel Bolomboy

Draft:
24. Edrice Adebayo
30. Hamidou Diallo(stashed)
42. Kyle Kuzma
55. Anžejs Pasečņiks(stashed)

Depth Charts
PG: George Hill, Dante Exum, Raul Neto*
SG: Danny Green, Rodney Hood, Sterling Brown
SF: Gordon Hayward, Joe Johnson, Joe Ingles
PF: Patrick Patterson, Trey Lyles, Kyle Kuzma
C: Rudy Gobert, Bam Adebayo, Donatas Motiejunas

Vision for the following season and the future: The Jazz enter the 2017-2018 season with a stacked roster with series of high quality wings, something most teams in the league can only dream about - Danny Green, Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward, Joe Johnson, Joe Ingles. Quin Snyder's propensity to play multiple(sometimes 4) wings at the same time informed my decision to seek multiple high end wings for the Jazz. All of those could probably start on most teams in the league. The last 3 can also flow into the small lineups as PFs. The sheer number of different options and permutation this roster allows Quin Snyder is very exciting to Jazz fans. The Jazz are determined to keep and enhance their defensive identity and adding one of the best wing defenders in the last 5 years in Danny Green is in line with this goal. Hill-Green-Hayward-Patterson-Gobert features 5 players who are + defenders and have great blend of offensive playmaking and shooting that the Jazz can use with a rolling to the rim Rudy Gobert. If the Jazz want some offensive punch, they can play around with more offensively talented players like Rodney Hood and Joe Johnson in place of Green and/or Patterson. Having said all that, this depth chart is not set in stone. It's very possible some of the subs outplay the listed starters and demand playing time ahead of them. We expect a comeback year from Trey Lyles and he will have opportunity to seize time at the 4 spot. We expect to see development from Dante Exum and he can expect regular backup minutes at the point guard spot.

In general, we feel like we can field one of the best rosters in the league with great quality and versatility in the starting lineup as well as very good depth that will help in case of injuries. We also have some nice youth that presents opportunity for growth of this roster in the future. With Rudy Gobert anchoring the D, we expect this roster to be a top 3 defensive team in the league for the foreseeable future. We also expect this roster to be a very good shooting team, something that seems prerequisite in the modern NBA. The Jazz were one of the teams that created the most corner 3 shots in the league last season and we expect this to continue and give us clear advantage offensively with the series of great 3p shooters we can put on the floor. We expect Gordon Hayward to keep improving his play and establish himself as a perennial all-star/all-NBA type of player. He showed he has yet another gear during this year's playoffs and we couldn't be happier to keep him on the team long-term.

So what do you think guys? How many wins do you give this Jazz team?
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#89 » by Mich3006 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:32 am

Like most of us said we should make a "grade your team" thread for every team imo!
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#90 » by bdpecore » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Like most of us said we should make a "grade your team" thread for every team imo!

I like this idea.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#91 » by NashtyNas » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Image

Trades:
No trades confirmed (handshake agreement with Atlanta for a Dwight Howard trade)

Draft:
No picks in 2017

Cavaliers traded Kevin Love for Otto Porter, Bobby Portis and Jason Smith.

We're in the market for veteran min guys to fill out the roster.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
xSABOx
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#92 » by xSABOx » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:11 pm

bdpecore wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Like most of us said we should make a "grade your team" thread for every team imo!

I like this idea.

I've inputed all of these moves in a NBA 2K franchise mode... early observations...

EASTERN CONFERENCE
*Pistons roster is loaded with talent, just need to fill out the bench
*76ers going with a serious youth movement in the starting 5, showing great potential in future but not so much this season
*Bulls are one piece away from being a top 4 EC team
*Cavaliers trading Love for a non all star might hurt them in long run
*Celtics retooling gonna put pressure on young bucks to perform
*New York has potential but seriously in need of an attacking scoring guard
*Orlando with a nice youth movement, need to just fix logjam at center
*Nets will once again be bottom feeders unless they strike gold on one of their rookies
*Pacers shuffled guys around, gonna need Turner to take a big step up to contend
*Wizards took one step forward and two steps back for in trading away Beal but acquiring Love unless D-Wade goes ham in the playoffs
*Hornets, Hawks and Bucks relying on chemistry to help take the next step
*Raptors in a rough spot until Ibaka situation gets settled, if they lose out on him it could be rough next season
*Heat looked like a team with no plan BUT I feel like new GM gonna make the right moves to fix it

WESTERN CONFERENCE
*Spurs made the biggest splace of FA but remains to be seen if moving Aldridge was the right move come playoff time
*Kings are finally in a proper rebuild mode, with a decent core of Buddy, Fox, Jackson, Skal and WCS
*Nuggest finally upgraded the PG spot but gonna need someone to replace Danilo and Bartons scoring
*Peilicans are a serious darkhorse if they can stay healthy, just a couple shooters away from being completed
*Suns have a nice core going forward and on the right track with their rebuild
*Thunder did a great job retooling around RW, just need to figure out what theyre gonna do at the PF spot to complete roster
*Grizzlies made some extreme moves that might hurt them next season but help in the long run, pressure is on Conley
*Twolves made good moves to improve weaknesses, should make playoff push if Wiggins and KAT keep progressing
*Lakers and Mavericks look like bottom dwellers again, which I understand from the Mavs POV but Lakers seem to be ok with handing PHI a top 5 pick next season unless huge progress from young core
*Trailblazers, Rockets and Jazz reloaded nicely, no reason not to see them as playoff teams again with top 4 seed potential
*Warrior still king of the castle
*Clippers in a rough spot losing best player with nothing in return, lets see what team they can put together before its over to judge
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#93 » by Mich3006 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:36 pm

xSABOx wrote:
bdpecore wrote:

I like this idea.

I've inputed all of these moves in a NBA 2K franchise mode... early observations...

EASTERN CONFERENCE
*76ers going with a serious youth movement in the starting 5, showing great potential in future but not so much this season
*Nets will once again be bottom feeders unless they strike gold on one of their rookies
*Pacers shuffled guys around, gonna need Turner to take a big step up to contend
*Wizards took one step forward and two steps back for in trading away Beal but acquiring Love unless D-Wade goes ham in the playoffs
*Raptors in a rough spot until Ibaka situation gets settled, if they lose out on him it could be rough next season
*Heat looked like a team with no plan BUT I feel like new GM gonna make the right moves to fix it

WESTERN CONFERENCE
*Spurs made the biggest splace of FA but remains to be seen if moving Aldridge was the right move come playoff time
*Kings are finally in a proper rebuild mode, with a decent core of Buddy, Fox, Jackson, Skal and WCS
*Nuggest finally upgraded the PG spot but gonna need someone to replace Danilo and Bartons scoring
*Peilicans are a serious darkhorse if they can stay healthy, just a couple shooters away from being completed
*Thunder did a great job retooling around RW, just need to figure out what theyre gonna do at the PF spot to complete roster
*Grizzlies made some extreme moves that might hurt them next season but help in the long run, pressure is on Conley
*Twolves made good moves to improve weaknesses, should make playoff push if Wiggins and KAT keep progressing
*Lakers and Mavericks look like bottom dwellers again, which I understand from the Mavs POV but Lakers seem to be ok with handing PHI a top 5 pick next season unless huge progress from young core
*Trailblazers, Rockets and Jazz reloaded nicely, no reason not to see them as playoff teams again with top 4 seed potential
*Clippers in a rough spot losing best player with nothing in return, lets see what team they can put together before its over to judge

Interesting stuff, good analysis.

Regarding Denver's lack of scoring: We see Jamal Murray as legit 20+ scorer. He and Bledsoe will fill the loss of Gallo and Barton.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#94 » by Knickfan1982 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:23 pm

xSABOx wrote:
bdpecore wrote:

I like this idea.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Did you simulate the season?
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
xSABOx
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#95 » by xSABOx » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:
xSABOx wrote:
bdpecore wrote:I like this idea.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Did you simulate the season?

Not yet

Will wait for final rosters to be posted
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,483

Re: RE: Re: Mock Off-Season: Roster Page 

Post#96 » by jayjaysee » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:38 am

xSABOx wrote:*Pacers shuffled guys around, gonna need Turner to take a big step up to contend

That's kind of the reality for the Pacers. I did too many moves as is, but contention is all up to Myles' development in real life so sticking to that a bit.. The first couple days (feels like that was months ago) I treid going after a second star and got shut down quickly as it's not something the Pacers would do in real life... so I went for shuffling.. :(

I do think Al/Ellis/CJ/(Stuckey/Young) to Fournier/Morris/Ian/Dunn would make a pretty big impact on the Pacers though.
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#97 » by Mich3006 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Denver Nuggets

Free Agent signings:
JaMychal Green (4y/$60; 4th year on to)
PJ Tucker (3y/$33; 3rd year on to)
Mike Dunleavy (1y/minimum contract)

Re-signings:
Mason Plumlee (4y/$40; 3rd and 4th year on to)
Roy Hibbert (1y/minimum contract)

Aquired players via trade:
Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight (from Phoenix)

Departing players:
Will Barton, Darrell Arthur (to Phoenix)
Emmanuel Mudiay (to Atlanta)
Kenneth Faried (to Portland)
Danilo Gallinari (to Oklahoma City)
Mike Miller (waived)

Draft:
#13 OG Anunoby
#41 Cam Oliver (traded to Phoenix)

Personal review:
The #1 priority for the Denver Nuggets´ upcoming season is to reach the playoffs. We had lacks on defense and needed a well-fitting complement next to Nikola Jokic. Our offseason was almost entirely centered on the NBA free agency, with cap space as much as $50M. We renounced the cap hold of Danilo Gallinari and traded Kenneth Faried to make a splash on the FA market to sign the players we really need. Our #1 FA was Paul Millsap but the Hawks made it clear they´ll offer him the max (what they do) so we were going for our #1b option on the PF in JaMychal Green. We see him as a very important player on both ends of the floor and we´re looking forward to his partnership with Nikola Jokic.

Our defense in 2016/17 was one of the worst, so we needed to address that lack in multiple ways. We acquired OG Anunoby via draft and signed PJ Tucker, one of the best wing-defenders in the league. We have high hopes in Anunoby and really hope he can realize his unbelievable talent on both ends.

Jamal Murray and Garry Harris are two cornerstones of our future, but we concluded to upgrade the guard spot and go for a proven star. We acquired Eric Bledsoe, an all-star in the making after long negotiations from Phoenix (and another deal with Atlanta). We might overpaid for him and taking on Knight´s contract was hard but we still think that going all-in for Eric Bledsoe was it worth.

Overall we lost offensive ability in Gallinari and Barton, but we´re sure Eric Bledsoe and especially Jamal Murray will fill that role, that´s why we free´d up minutes for them (we can´t wait to see our Bledsoe-Harris-Murray rotation).

With optimizing our lacks we are sure we can reach the postseason next year. Another positive fact: Even with Brandon Knight´s contract, we kept our salary flexibility for re-signing Gary Harris and for the upcoming offseasons.

Things are coming together in Denver and fans will have something to cheer about sooner rather than later, starting next season.

What do you think about it? (I hope we can talk about it in detail on the "Mock-offseason grades: Denver Nuggets"-thread :wink: )
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#98 » by jredsaz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:39 am

Anyone have the numbers for the Room Mid Level Exemption? Trying to finish up the roster. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#99 » by jredsaz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:59 am

Roster:

Player Year 1

Chris Paul $35,185,573.00
Kawhi Leonard $18,868,625.00
Tobias Harris $16,000,000.00
Derrick Favors $12,000,000.00
Jonathan Simmons $10,500,000.00
Ish Smith $6,000,000.00
Luc Mbah a Moute $4,328,000.00
David Lee $2,328,652.00
Andrew Bogut $2,328,652.00
Kyle Anderson $2,151,704.00
Dejounte Murray $1,312,611.00
Davis Bertans $1,312,611.00
PJ Dozier $1,221,360.00
Jeff Withey $915,852.00

Tony Parker $5,151,042.00
Totals $119,608,682.00

Draft Picks:

Own
2018 1st, 2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2021 1st, 2021 2nd
2022 1st, 2022 2nd

Traded
2019 1st (Pick swap Utah)
2020 1st (Utah)

Goals for the Off-season:

Compete with the Warriors
The addition of Chris Paul was obviously key. The improved perimeter defense and athleticism is big for us. He is one of the best point guards in history at controlling pace and game flow and will allow us to better influence the number of possessions in a given game.

Our roster is now as versatile as any in the NBA. Our perimeter defense is able to guard and switch across multiple positions in many different lineup combinations with the additions of Harris and Moute. We are ready to rely on Simmons, Anderson, and Murray for heavy guard minutes and like their length and shooting ability. We also have a rotation of four bigs in Favors, Bogut, Lee, and Withey that can all provide rebounding and (outside of Lee) rim protection.

Get young talent to run with Kawhi
Chris Paul is 32 and was our main focus of free agency. However, it was important to get players between 23 and 27 years old to be long term partners for Leonard here in San Antonio.

Tobias Harris has huge upside as he enters his prime. His size, shooting ability, defensive versatility, and rebounding ability are desired attributes in the new NBA. Pop will be able to put him in positions to maximize his his potential over the coming years.

Derrick Favors is a talented big coming off of injury. We feel like if healthy he can replace a lot of what we lost with the departure of LaMarcus Aldridge. He is able to defend the rim and is more willing to play the center position than Aldridge was. At 26 we feel like with Pops tutelage, some health and improved conditioning he can turn into a 20/10/2 caliber player.

Looking Forward

The Spurs are in a good position to compete with the Warriors. However, we feel like a lack of scoring punch could be a problem if Simmons, Anderson, and Murray fail to develop the way we hope. We have the assets to make another trade to improve the 2 if need be. It will take time to nail down our rotations and maximize this group's potential. This roster has less size and more versatility than past Spurs rosters but we feel like Pop and his staff will continue to innovate and teach at the highest level in the NBA.
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#100 » by Mich3006 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:22 am

jredsaz wrote:Anyone have the numbers for the Room Mid Level Exemption? Trying to finish up the roster. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/salary_cap

Return to Trades and Transactions Games