Pacific Division Draft - R3 - Wackbone vs Parsnips (Wackbone advances)

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

BdeRegt
Lead Assistant
And1: 724

Pacific Division Draft - R3 - Wackbone vs Parsnips (Wackbone advances) 

Post#1 » by BdeRegt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:33 pm

First to 4
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Re: Pacific Division Draft - R3 - Wackbone vs Parsnips 

Post#2 » by parsnips33 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:14 pm

PG: 16-17 Chris Paul (12.9 FGA)
SG: 71-72 Gail Goodrich (20.7*0.85 = 17.6 FGA)
SF: 06-07 Shawn Marion (13.4 FGA)
PF: 06-07 Amar'e Stoudemire (12.9 FGA)
C: 03-04 Brad Miller (10.2 FGA)

R: 06-07 James Jones (5.8 FGA)
R: 09-10 Jared Dudley (6.0 FGA)
R: 03-04 Karl Malone (9.5 FGA)

Total: 88.3/90

Rotation:

Chris Paul (38) / Gail Goodrich (10)
Gail Goodrich (28) / James Jones (20)
Jared Dudley (28) / Shawn Marion (20)
Shawn Marion (20) / Amar'e Stoudemire (14) / Karl Malone (14)
Amar'e Stoudemire (24) / Brad Miller (24)

Writeup:

We will run a fast paced, dynamic offense, built around CP3, Goodrich, and Amar'e. We have plenty of good midrange shooters (Paul, Miller, Goodrich) in addition to potent roll threats in Stoudemire and Malone. Paul, in addition to being an all time great floor general, is a top tier defender at PG, while Marion can guard just about anyone from 2-4. Dudley has similar defensive versatility off the bench.

Matchup specific Writeup:

Switching around the starting lineup in this one to go more small ball, which I think fits better here. CP3 will guard Tiny while Dudley will be on Klay. Goodrich can hide on Horry. Marion can switch any PNR action with Draymond (which is where most of his offensive value comes from in my eyes). Cousins is the elephant in the room, but I'm confident Amar'e can match his offensive production quite comfortably, especially with CP3 setting him up.

On offense, Tiny's defensive shortcomings will really hurt wack as there is simply no place to hide him when my two elite guards are in. My move to small ball should also do a lot to expose Cousins as a defensive weak link who will give up tons of points attempting to guard a CP3/Amar'e PNR
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,391

Post#3 » by wackbone » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:59 pm

PG: Tiny Archibald (40) / Leandro Barbosa (8)
SG: Klay Thompson (36) / Leandro Barbosa (12)
SF: Robert Horry (20) / P.J. Tucker (28)
PF: Draymond Green (30) / Robert Horry (18)
C: DeMarcus Cousins (36) / Draymond Green (8) / Clifford Rozier (4)

FGA:
Tiny Archibald (72-73) - 22.4... 34.0 ppg, 11.4 apg
DeMarcus Cousins (16-17) - 19.9... 27.0 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 4.6 apg, 1.4 spg, 1.3 bpg
Klay Thompson (14-15) - 16.9... 21.7 ppg, 1.1 spg
Draymond Green (15-16) - 10.1... 14.0 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 7.4 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.4 bpg
P.J. Tucker (16-17) - 6.0
Robert Horry (01-02) - 5.7
Leandro Barbosa (04-05) - 5.6
Clifford Rozier (95-96) - 2.3
Total: 88.9/90

Write up:

Beyond Tiny's playmaking, Klay (43.9% on 7.1 attempts), Horry (37.4% on 2.5), Draymond (38.8% on 3.2), Cousins (36.1 on 5.0), Barbosa (36.7% on 2.2), and Tucker (35.7% on 2.4) provide a collective elite group of 3 point shooters.

Tiny faces a formidable foe here in CP3. We are going to use Tiny's much superior speed to work around CP3. I think Tiny is basically the best version possible of IT4 this year, and IT4 had 32 points and 5 assists in the one game they had this year with CP3 healthy. Obviously this is a small sample size to say the least, and IT4 isn't Tiny(heh), but I think it shows somewhat that little guys can still have success scoring against an older Paul. I think Tiny will find success here, especially because (and I hate doing this, but I think it's prevalent) CP3 is playing about 6.5 mpg more than he did IRL, whereas Tiny is playing 6 mpg less. Tiny should still have similar production. Additionally, CP3 having to run around defensively is really going to hinder his effectiveness on offense. If need be, Klay is more than capable of running the offense from time to time. For this matchup, we will be having Klay guard CP3, as he does IRL, and we trust Klay to use his superior length to make a big difference on CP3's playmaking. Tiny will be guarding Goodrich, which I think he will do fine. They are actually the same height believe it or not, with Goodrich just having a slight weight advantage. I definitely think Tiny could hold his own in that matchup, especially since CP3 will be the primary ball handler. At SF, Dudley presents the PERFECT guy for Horry to guard, which has been a big knock against my team (Horry's ability to guard SF). Both guys are better suited as PF, so I trust Horry to stifle Dudley's minimal impact. Draymond on Marion is another matchup we really like. I'd say they are about the same offensively, with Draymond quickly becoming one of the best defenders ever. Boogie has some interesting matchups here. Offensively, I trust Boogie to use his size to bully Amar'e down low, and get buckets basically at will. I don't think Amar'e will have much success defending him. On the other end, I think my team has enough help defense to guard against the Paul/Amar'e PNR. Klay is obviously great at defense, and will stifle a lot of PNR attempts. If need be, Horry can help off of Dudley. We can live with Dudley taking a bunch of shots.

Ultimately, I trust my team to both score and stop the opponent from scoring. I think Klay and Boogie go off in this series, and are the ultimate difference makers.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|x
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|x
C: Chet Holmgren|x

Other: Roddy, Saric
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#4 » by 8on » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Definitely wack. parsnips has no answer for Boogie, Draymond or Klay. I don't think an older Paul has an advantage over Mr. 35 and 11.

vote: wackbone
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by BdeRegt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Still don't like 48 minutes of Horry/Tucker as a SF and I really like Dudley moving into the starting lineup for Parsnips. I think his starting 5 will have a lot of offensive success. I don't get Wackbone calling out CP3 for playing too many minutes when he has Horry playing 38. I think Wackbone's defense prevails in this close match up.

Vote: Wackbone
wackbone
RealGM

Post#6 » by wackbone » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:31 pm

BdeRegt wrote:Still don't like 48 minutes of Horry/Tucker as a SF and I really like Dudley moving into the starting lineup for Parsnips. I think his starting 5 will have a lot of offensive success. I don't get Wackbone calling out CP3 for playing too many minutes when he has Horry playing 38. I think Wackbone's defense prevails in this close match up.

Vote: Wackbone

But CP3 is going to be expending a ton more energy than Horry is. Horry won't have to work hard on offense nor defense, whereas CP3 is his main ball handler, and has to guard Tiny most/all of the game.

BAF Celtics

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,784

Re: Pacific Division Draft - R3 - Wackbone vs Parsnips (2-0; need votes) 

Post#7 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:11 am

I'm not sure where wackbone got the idea that Klay is capable of running an offense, although Draymond and to a lesser extent Boogie can both help shoulder the playmaking load. Parsnips going small does allow him to match up better with wack's team, with Marion being just the kind of player who can reduce Draymond's effectiveness. On the other hand, having to defend Tiny and fulfil his offensive responsibilities effectively while being guarding by the bigger Thompson seems like a tall order for CP3 at this stage of his career. Still don't like Horry at the 3 at all but against Dudley it doesn't matter all that much. Both teams can score at a high clip but I have little more confidence in wack's defense.

Vote: wackbone
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Re: Pacific Division Draft - R3 - Wackbone vs Parsnips (3-0; need votes) 

Post#8 » by Timmaytime » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:35 am

I actually think i like Parsnips team better, but the combination of CP3 having to expend energy on Tiny and Dray limiting Amare reduce his teams effectiveness on offense to swing this in Wack's direction

vote: Wackbone
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant

Re: Pacific Division Draft - R3 - Wackbone vs Parsnips (Wackbone advances) 

Post#9 » by BdeRegt » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:41 am

Wackbone advances
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#10 » by parsnips33 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 am

gg wackbone. big fan of the Boogie/Draymond combo
wackbone
RealGM

Post#11 » by wackbone » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:50 pm

parsnips33 wrote:gg wackbone. big fan of the Boogie/Draymond combo

Good game to you as well. I was super nervous about this matchup, you built a helluva team

BAF Celtics

Return to Trades and Transactions Games