Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Re: The East Coast Draft (60s to now) - Rankings/Playoffs Thread 

Post#21 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
spree8 wrote:Pretty sure I have the best defensive squad in this, which isn't a slouch on offense either considering I've got one of the top post scorers of all time and top 3 sg all time in their best years.

Defense is legit but I had serious concerns about the spacing in your offense. The Wallace fit was a crusher for me as it would allow teams to play off him to help on Wade's drives and double McHale

Same here. I know Wallace shot a good percentage from 3 that year, but it was on pretty low volume and clearly an outlier season when you look at his overall career. I was also bothered by Wade being the only good passer in the starting lineup - having another playmaker would have helped alleviate the spacing issues somewhat.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,806

Post#22 » by spree8 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:
spree8 wrote:Pretty sure I have the best defensive squad in this, which isn't a slouch on offense either considering I've got one of the top post scorers of all time and top 3 sg all time in their best years.

Defense is legit but I had serious concerns about the spacing in your offense. The Wallace fit was a crusher for me as it would allow teams to play off him to help on Wade's drives and double McHale

Same here. I know Wallace shot a good percentage from 3 that year, but it was on pretty low volume and clearly an outlier season when you look at his overall career. I was also bothered by Wade being the only good passer in the starting lineup - having another playmaker would have helped alleviate the spacing issues somewhat.

The 3pt shooting argument is one of my biggest pet peeves. There are many ways to create space besides 3pt shooting. Teams have been able to score just fine well before the recent 3pt shooting explosion. Bradley shooting 40% on high volume, and Wallace shooting 37% is enough for my starting lineup imo (not counting Hinrich and Miller off the bench).

How many more playmakers do you need when you have McHale in the post and Wade on the perimeter? Factor in Wade and Crash attacking the basket as much as they do and getting a combined 17 FT attempts per game.. not to mention how lethal they are in transition, and when you consider my team defense, there will be plenty of fast break opportunities off turnovers. Figured scoring wouldn't be much of an issue, if at all.
KNguYear
Senior
And1: 48

Post#23 » by KNguYear » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:36 pm

My bad y'all, midterms have been killer this week, personally, I was scrambling after that Hill pick

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using RealGM mobile app
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#24 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:25 am

Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Post#25 » by Timmaytime » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:57 pm

These rankings were kind of strange. 7 different people got 1st place votes, Bde only got one vote but it was a 1st place vote, Spree only got two but they were 1st & 2nd
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog

Return to Trades and Transactions Games