Re: The Bridesmaids Draft (Post-Merger) - Rankings/Playoffs Thread 

Post#21 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 am

As promised, full rankings below:

Tony Snell
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#22 » by Tony Snell » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 am

It's always funky getting a couple first place votes but then a majority of not ranked. My team was definitely very odd this game.
Greatest Bulls of All Time: 1. TONY SNELL 2. Jordan 3. Pippen 4. Rose 5. Gilmore
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#23 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:53 am

Tony Snell wrote:It's always funky getting a couple first place votes but then a majority of not ranked. My team was definitely very odd this game.

It seems like the only thing close to a consensus was pel having the best team.

I thought your talent was fine but I didn't like the Barkley-Dantley fit at all. Plus you were forced into a pretty terrible bench due to your FGA mixup.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#24 » by pelifan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:01 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:
Tony Snell wrote:It's always funky getting a couple first place votes but then a majority of not ranked. My team was definitely very odd this game.

I thought your talent was fine but I didn't like the Barkley-Dantley fit at all. Plus you were forced into a pretty terrible bench due to your FGA mixup.

I put more stock in to talent than fit. and Snell for sure had talent.

I think it's hard to speculate fit without actually seeing the teams play. I don't like Dantley and Barkley together but I can't say for sure that it wouldn't work. The Ray, Mookie, Charles, DeAndre core is solid though. number one offense ingredients and a passable D.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#25 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am

Snell had the most offense but the least defense for me along with bench issues. I don't rate Deandre as high as other all-defense Cs in terms of ability to cover up for other players defensively
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#26 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:12 am

pelifan wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:

I think it's hard to speculate fit without actually seeing the teams play. I don't like Dantley and Barkley together but I can't say for sure that it wouldn't work. The Ray, Mookie, Charles, DeAndre core is solid though. number one offense ingredients and a passable D.

I think the defense would struggle to be passable even with Jordan and Blaylock, and I wasn't quite as high on their offensive potential as you. The bench was really what doomed him for me though. Being unable to switch to Detroit Dantley was a killer blow.
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#27 » by Tony Snell » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:54 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:
pelifan wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:It seems like the only thing close to a consensus was pel having the best team.

I think the defense would struggle to be passable even with Jordan and Blaylock, and I wasn't quite as high on their offensive potential as you. The bench was really what doomed him for me though. Being unable to switch to Detroit Dantley was a killer blow.

This was probably the worst bench I've ever assembled (which is saying something). I almost switched to rookie Dantley and then would have added young Alvin Robertson to my bench. I'm not sure if that would have been better. I didnt really like my team in this one, but it always hurts to miss the playoffs by one vote.
Greatest Bulls of All Time: 1. TONY SNELL 2. Jordan 3. Pippen 4. Rose 5. Gilmore

Return to Trades and Transactions Games