Post#21 » by jredsaz » Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:49 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:
NYG wrote:.

jredsaz wrote:.

kalenclayton wrote:.

aramada wrote:.

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:.

Since it´s inner-divisional I post the deal in this thread...

I saw it quite a few times, so I´d like to have your approval for the following deal:

Dallas trades: Maxi Kleber (non-guaranteed)
Houston trades: Ryan Anderson, unprotected 2020 1st, unprotected 2022 1st

I really think Dallas would at least consider this trade (Rockets would do it in a heartbeat). With Matthews and Nowitzki on their last year, two years of Ryan Anderson won´t hurt their path and they add two 1sts.

Before creating the cap space, do you think it would be best to get a confirmation from the FA HOU is pursuing before sending unprotected picks out. Also, wouldn’t it make more sense to be ‘19 and ‘21? I think Morey would scoff at including that ‘22 pick in the event of a decline (just opinions).

I agree. I think it's a good trade but the Rockets wouldn't move on it until they had a commitment from a FA.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Re: Mock Off-Season / Roundtable Completed Trades 

Post#22 » by Mich3006 » Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:49 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:

Since it´s inner-divisional I post the deal in this thread...

I saw it quite a few times, so I´d like to have your approval for the following deal:

Dallas trades: Maxi Kleber (non-guaranteed)
Houston trades: Ryan Anderson, unprotected 2020 1st, unprotected 2022 1st

I really think Dallas would at least consider this trade (Rockets would do it in a heartbeat). With Matthews and Nowitzki on their last year, two years of Ryan Anderson won´t hurt their path and they add two 1sts.

Before creating the cap space, do you think it would be best to get a confirmation from the FA HOU is pursuing before sending unprotected picks out. Also, wouldn’t it make more sense to be ‘19 and ‘21? I think Morey would scoff at including that ‘22 pick in the event of a decline (just opinions).

The Rockets need to get off Ryan Anderson in (nearly) any situation, even if they can´t fetch LeBron. Re-signing guys like CP3, Ariza and especially Capela won´t come for cheap.

We can talk about the protection for the 2022 pick - maybe a lotto-protection.

But okay, the Rockets will wait until the start of the FA to make this deal official.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,717

Post#23 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:52 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
NYG wrote:
aramada wrote:Love for Sabonis, #23, Jefferson up for other GMs approval

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I don’t approve, I don’t see the cavs pushing LeBron out with a deal like this and think the Pacers should give up more either way.

See I thought the Pacers we’re giving up too much. Sabonis is underrated and Love doesn’t fit their timeline.

I agree with this. While Love would fit right in with the Pacers, the age window is off and it kills the Pacers cap space. Sabonis is still getting better and I think the Pacers could improve even more with a different trade or just a FA addition. Just an opinion.
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#24 » by aramada » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:09 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
NYG wrote:
I don’t approve, I don’t see the cavs pushing LeBron out with a deal like this and think the Pacers should give up more either way.

See I thought the Pacers we’re giving up too much. Sabonis is underrated and Love doesn’t fit their timeline.

I agree with this. While Love would fit right in with the Pacers, the age window is off and it kills the Pacers cap space. Sabonis is still getting better and I think the Pacers could improve even more with a different trade or just a FA addition. Just an opinion.

Not sure I get the age thing. Bogdanovic, Collison, Young are all Love's age. Oladipo is 4 years younger, but he's their leader and has 5 years of experience. Only Myles is significantly younger but even he has 3 years of playoff experience.
I'm not married to this trade, but the idea that there's a timeline the Pacers are following just because they have Sabonis and Myles is not the biggest reason I'd bring up. The reality is they were close to beating Cleveland and could have made it to the ECF/Finals if they had a Love-type secondary play maker.
Also, if they have space for a max contract in 2019, even with Love on the books, which could be of importance if they get further in the playoffs next year
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,599

Post#25 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:14 pm

aramada wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Not sure I get the age thing. Bogdanovic, Collison, Young are all Love's age. Oladipo is 4 years younger, but he's their leader and has 5 years of experience. Only Myles is significantly younger but even he has 3 years of playoff experience.
I'm not married to this trade, but the idea that there's a timeline the Pacers are following just because they have Sabonis and Myles is not the biggest reason I'd bring up. The reality is they were close to beating Cleveland and could have made it to the ECF/Finals if they had a Love-type secondary play maker.
Also, if they have space for a max contract in 2019, even with Love on the books, which could be of importance if they get further in the playoffs next year

But Collison, Bogdanovic and Thad Young aren’t a part of their core. That’s why 2/3 of those dudes are on non-guaranteed deals. I just don’t see why they would give up Sabonis for a guy that probably won’t get much interest around the league.

Maybe something like this is closer-
Thad Young, Leaf, #23, #50 and a future 2nd.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:18 pm

aramada wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I can totally see your thinking. It may be my personal opinion getting in the way. I love what the Pacers are doing, but they probably should be getting more high upside players at this point instead of doubling down on their 30-year-olds. Collison and Bogdanovic are both in the last year of their contracts and Thad might even be opting out. That's my line of thinking is that if they go get Love, he might stick out as the old guy by as early as next season.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#27 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:22 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
aramada wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:I agree with this. While Love would fit right in with the Pacers, the age window is off and it kills the Pacers cap space. Sabonis is still getting better and I think the Pacers could improve even more with a different trade or just a FA addition. Just an opinion.

I can totally see your thinking. It may be my personal opinion getting in the way. I love what the Pacers are doing, but they probably should be getting more high upside players at this point instead of doubling down on their 30-year-olds. Collison and Bogdanovic are both in the last year of their contracts and Thad might even be opting out. That's my line of thinking is that if they go get Love, he might stick out as the old guy by as early as next season.

See I don’t hate them getting Love, I hate them giving up Sabonis. I feel like he could be the centerpiece of a trade in his own right.
aramada
Analyst

Post#28 » by aramada » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:24 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
aramada wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:I agree with this. While Love would fit right in with the Pacers, the age window is off and it kills the Pacers cap space. Sabonis is still getting better and I think the Pacers could improve even more with a different trade or just a FA addition. Just an opinion.

But Collison, Bogdanovic and Thad Young aren’t a part of their core. That’s why 2/3 of those dudes are on non-guaranteed deals. I just don’t see why they would give up Sabonis for a guy that probably won’t get much interest around the league.

Maybe something like this is closer-
Thad Young, Leaf, #23, #50 and a future 2nd.

Collison, Bogdanovic, and Young are prime reason why Indiana pushed LeBron to Game 7. More so than Sabonis.

Love is still an All Star player. I think playing with LeBron is difficult and has hurt his value, but Indiana believes if he's given more responsibilities, he will help them get to the next step.

Also, I could see the Cavs trade up using #23 now that Trae Young is still on the board
aramada
Analyst

Post#29 » by aramada » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:35 pm

OK so it seems only Ayatollah And-1d my trade so I'm assuming I won't get consensus on it?
I was ready to flip #23 with #9 to Bulls for Cavs to get to #7
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#30 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:37 pm

aramada wrote:OK so it seems only Ayatollah And-1d my trade so I'm assuming I won't get consensus on it?

Like I said, I’d be cool with it without Sabonis. Also the Cavs have #8 not #9.
aramada
Analyst

Post#31 » by aramada » Tue Jun 5, 2018 3:39 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
aramada wrote:OK so it seems only Ayatollah And-1d my trade so I'm assuming I won't get consensus on it?

Oh yeah that's escaped me. Ok that's easy then.

Just for the record, I don't value Sabonis as much as you do and think he's overrated. I might be wrong, though
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,796

Post#32 » by jredsaz » Tue Jun 5, 2018 4:18 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I don't understand the time line arguments here. Pacers are ready to win now. Love is a perfect fit. I think the Pacers aren't offering enough.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#33 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue Jun 5, 2018 6:56 pm

I posted about my trade potentially being illegal but it is legal if confirmed on draft night. Nevermind.

The Nets absorb Justin Anderson into the trade exception from the Vaughn/Cunningham trade.

The 76ers will waive Isaiah Whitehead.
aramada
Analyst

Post#34 » by aramada » Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:29 pm

Clippers and Cavs

12+13+Pat Beverly+CP3 TPE
For
8(Trae Young)+Cedi Osman
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:36 pm

aramada wrote:Clippers and Cavs

12+13+Pat Beverly+CP3 TPE
For
8(Trae Young)+Cedi Osman

Clips confirm

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,632

Post#36 » by NYG » Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:47 pm

You guys didn’t lose me, I should be good after work in a few hours
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,632

Post#37 » by NYG » Tue Jun 5, 2018 10:36 pm

Are there any completed trades I missed?
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,796

Post#38 » by jredsaz » Thu Jun 7, 2018 11:25 pm

Spurs receive Richardson, Winslow, Adebayo, 2019 1st
Heat receive Leonard

Will be executed in the new league year.

Ayatollah wrote:.
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#39 » by Mich3006 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 10:04 pm

jredsaz wrote:Spurs receive Richardson, Winslow, Adebayo, 2019 1st
Heat receive Leonard

Will be executed in the new league year.

Ayatollah wrote:.

Spurs accept
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#40 » by Mich3006 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 6:54 am

The Houston Rockets would like to finalize their trade with Dallas: Ryan Anderson, 2021 1st for Maxi Kleber

Return to Trades and Transactions Games