Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Discussion: Rankings Revealed, Tony Snell=GOAT

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,533

Re: Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Discussion: the end is near..one of the craziest games you have been in! 

Post#301 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:53 am

janmagn wrote:Pretty happy with my team. Only thing I don't like is the 3 extra FGA

Lähetetty minun LG-M250 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

You can upgrade Outlaw
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Re: Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Discussion: the end is near..one of the craziest games you have been in! 

Post#302 » by euroleague » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:06 am

I’m quite unhappy with my team. Picked Bird, quoted SuperD, then had like 5 minutes to find a new pick with no time to think of my future strategy.

Then screwed up my second pick after Kawhi went. Giannis is talented, but quite a struggle to build around
janmagn
Starter
And1: 341

Re: RE: Re: Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Discussion: the end is near..one of the craziest games you have been in! 

Post#303 » by janmagn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:06 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
janmagn wrote:Pretty happy with my team. Only thing I don't like is the 3 extra FGA

You can upgrade Outlaw
True. I'll think about that at a better time

Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#304 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:23 am

euroleague wrote:I’m quite unhappy with my team. Picked Bird, quoted SuperD, then had like 5 minutes to find a new pick with no time to think of my future strategy.

Then screwed up my second pick after Kawhi went. Giannis is talented, but quite a struggle to build around

Your team is still pretty good but I think going Paul/70s bench player in round 2 sets you up more strongly for the later rounds
euroleague
General Manager

Post#305 » by euroleague » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:44 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
euroleague wrote:I’m quite unhappy with my team. Picked Bird, quoted SuperD, then had like 5 minutes to find a new pick with no time to think of my future strategy.

Your team is still pretty good but I think going Paul/70s bench player in round 2 sets you up more strongly for the later rounds

I wanted Kobe Pau originally, but Kobe overlapped too much with Jerry West. I thought WESt/Pau would have good chemistry, but not worth it in retrospect

As I said, not enough time to plan my first pick
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,809

Post#306 » by Prez » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 am

Main issue is Giannis at SF, he's mostly a PF now. Especially on D where he's pretty good 1 on 1 defensively on wings but he's better as a 4 where he's better positioned to protect the rim and his switchability is more valuable. And at the 4 his playmaking/ballhandling is a much bigger match-up problem, and his shooting isn't quite as big of a deal there.

He'd work quite well in lineups with just one of Pau/Ewing + another shooter like Steve Kerr off your bench.
euroleague
General Manager

Post#307 » by euroleague » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 am

Prez wrote:

Main issue is Giannis at SF, he's mostly a PF now. Especially on D where he's pretty good 1 on 1 defensively on wings but he's better as a 4 where he's better positioned to protect the rim and his switchability is more valuable. And at the 4 his playmaking/ballhandling is a much bigger match-up problem, and his shooting isn't quite as big of a deal there.

He'd work quite well in lineups with just one of Pau/Ewing + another shooter like Steve Kerr off your bench.

the ball-handling is definitely being done by CP3 tbh, with Jerry West as the primary scorer. Gasol will be another playmaker in the post, and Ewing/Giannis picknpop is going to be just another weapon - one that should work better with Giannis at SF

Thanks for the suggestion tho. if i could repick Pau I would. I'm just not a fan of Rasheed Wallace, who I knew is the best fit but isn't nearly the skilled team player that Pau is
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#308 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Prez wrote:Main issue is Giannis at SF, he's mostly a PF now. Especially on D where he's pretty good 1 on 1 defensively on wings but he's better as a 4 where he's better positioned to protect the rim and his switchability is more valuable. And at the 4 his playmaking/ballhandling is a much bigger match-up problem, and his shooting isn't quite as big of a deal there.

This is the team I built last game and it didnt receive much love. Out of curiosity, thoughts on this Giannis build? All of the players seasons were 17-18 besides peak Noah (DPOY season)/peak Allen.

PG: Kyle Lowry (38)/Giannis Antetokounmpo (10)
SG: Klay Thompson (38)/Tony Allen (10)
SF: Otto Porter Jr (36)./Tony Allen (12)
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo (26)/Marvin Williams (22)
C: Joakim Noah (36)/Lucas Nogueira (8)/Giannis Antetokounmpo (4)
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Re: Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Discussion 

Post#309 » by Laimbeer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Thoughts on my team?
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#310 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Craig Ehlo is my final selection that was "TBD". Adding to spreadsheet and roster page now.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#311 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Smash3 wrote:You still have a pick to make
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,809

Post#312 » by Prez » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:11 pm

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:
Prez wrote:Main issue is Giannis at SF, he's mostly a PF now. Especially on D where he's pretty good 1 on 1 defensively on wings but he's better as a 4 where he's better positioned to protect the rim and his switchability is more valuable. And at the 4 his playmaking/ballhandling is a much bigger match-up problem, and his shooting isn't quite as big of a deal there.

This is the team I built last game and it didnt receive much love. Out of curiosity, thoughts on this Giannis build? All of the players seasons were 17-18 besides peak Noah (DPOY season)/peak Allen.

That's pretty close to an ideal Giannis starting lineup imo. 3 outstanding high volume 3PT shooters at 1-3, a great passing C, a high IQ shooting PG who can play on or off ball, versatile defenders everywhere. I think from a fit standpoint it's fantastic, I guess it probably came down to an overall talent issue? I'd have to see some of the other teams, maybe they had more proven #1 guys than Giannis (love Giannis but this was only his first truly elite season).
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#313 » by 8on » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Smash3 wrote:.

I took Marion at the beginning of this round. Please repick
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#314 » by Smash3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 pm

dantley4prez wrote:
Smash3 wrote:.

I took Marion at the beginning of this round. Please repick

G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,286

Post#315 » by lilroddyb » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 am

Hey guys I'm sad to say but I need to drop out. Nothing serious just bad timing I'm going to Slovenia in few hours and might have trouble finding wifi

Anyway I really liked this game and I'm really happy with my team but I see bunch of powerhouse teams so I doubt I would have been a contender
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#316 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:40 am

lilroddyb wrote:Hey guys I'm sad to say but I need to drop out. Nothing serious just bad timing I'm going to Slovenia in few hours and might have trouble finding wifi

Anyway I really liked this game and I'm really happy with my team but I see bunch of powerhouse teams so I doubt I would have been a contender

I'm sorry to hear that. I thought you had a great team that had a shot, but I understand. Have a safe trip! And thanks for playing!
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#317 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 am

RANKINGS/PLAYOFF MATCH-UPS:

Now that everyone has made their picks, we are on to the next phase. With only 13 participants, I didn't like giving 3 teams byes for match-ups so we are instead of going to do rankings of 8 teams with playoff match-ups afterwards of 1 vs. 8, 4 vs. 5, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6. I will not reveal rankings/seedings until a champion is determined. Tie-breakers will be broken by teams with the most votes first and then first place votes as a second tie-breaker.

Please have roster pages completed by 6/13/18 10 PM EST (WEDNESDAY). After this time I will accept rankings via PM.

Please have rankings sent to me via PM by 6/14/18 10 PM EST (THURSDAY). Please do not rank your own team. Please rank based on fit/talent/bench/etc when making your rankings. Use the roster page to help with your rankings. If I don't receive your rankings OR roster page isn't completed by 6/14/18 10 PM EST (THURSDAY), you will be eliminated even if you are in the top 8.

Let me know if you have any questions.

dantley4prez wrote:.

Tony Snell wrote:FYI-need minutes on your roster page

Laimbeer wrote:FYI-need fga attempts/depth chart on your roster page

Jiminy Glick wrote:.

pandrade83 wrote:.

Snakebites wrote:.

euroleague wrote:FYI-need to complete roster on your roster page

SuperDario wrote:.

Prez wrote:.

Dr Positivity wrote:.

Smash3 wrote:FYI-need minutes/fga attempts on your roster page
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#318 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:12 am

Prez wrote:

That's pretty close to an ideal Giannis starting lineup imo. 3 outstanding high volume 3PT shooters at 1-3, a great passing C, a high IQ shooting PG who can play on or off ball, versatile defenders everywhere. I think from a fit standpoint it's fantastic, I guess it probably came down to an overall talent issue? I'd have to see some of the other teams, maybe they had more proven #1 guys than Giannis (love Giannis but this was only his first truly elite season).

Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking it might be the fact there are other proven #1 guys that are more reliable in the big stage and Giannis hasn't lived up to that yet even though I used this season. I didn't get an answer from anybody else, but that's definitely a possible reason. Although Giannis was the bpa at that time I chose around 7 I believe.

Here were the other two finalists with the top team being the winner. The winner did vote me as the best team if that counts for anything haha.

PG: Wall (38) Carter (10)
SG: Green (36) Roberson (12)
SF: Carter (28) Dudley (25)
PF: Nowitzki (38) Dudley (5) Thompson (5)
C: Jordan (36) Thompson (12)

Irving (36) / McConnell (8) / Beverley (4)
Beverley (30) / Iggy (18)
LeBron (30) / Iggy (18)
Blake (38) / LeBron (10)
Adams (36) / Bogut (12)
euroleague
General Manager

Post#319 » by euroleague » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Prez wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking it might be the fact there are other proven #1 guys that are more reliable in the big stage and Giannis hasn't lived up to that yet even though I used this season. I didn't get an answer from anybody else, but that's definitely a possible reason. Although Giannis was the bpa at that time I chose around 7 I believe.

Here were the other two finalists with the top team being the winner. The winner did vote me as the best team if that counts for anything haha.

PG: Wall (38) Carter (10)
SG: Green (36) Roberson (12)
SF: Carter (28) Dudley (25)
PF: Nowitzki (38) Dudley (5) Thompson (5)
C: Jordan (36) Thompson (12)

Irving (36) / McConnell (8) / Beverley (4)
Beverley (30) / Iggy (18)
LeBron (30) / Iggy (18)
Blake (38) / LeBron (10)
Adams (36) / Bogut (12)

Noah is a weak fit with Giannis. Opposing Centers can just help off of his weak offense. You also had less talent / 1 bench player

My team of peak mvp Westbrook and peak (should be mvp) Dwight, with peak Pau Gasol and all-NBA Dragic had 2 MVP level guys and 2 all nba. I also didn’t make the playoffs

Westbrook (40) / Dragic (8)
Dragic (28) / Satoransky (20)
Sefalosha (32) / Thad Young (16)
Gasol (26) / Millsap (22)
Dwight (38) / Gasol (10)
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#320 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:33 pm

euroleague wrote:My team of peak mvp Westbrook and peak (should’ve been mvp) Dwight, with peak Pau Gasol and all-NBA Dragic had 2 MVP level guys and 2 all nba. I also didn’t make the playoffs

Westbrook (40) / Dragic (8)
Dragic (28) / Satoransky (20)
Sefalosha (32) / Thad Young (16)
Gasol (26) / Millsap (22)
Dwight (38) / Gasol (10)

Didn't love the fit on that team. Gasol and Dwight having played together and not gelled well. Another ball handling guard in Dragic beside Westbrook. 2 centers in the frontcourt with slashers in Westbrook and Dragic is not great fit spacing wise for me.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games