Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Championship: Tony Snell vs. Snakebites (Tony Snell wins!)

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Championship: Tony Snell vs. Snakebites (Tony Snell wins!) 

Post#1 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:12 am

Please include this in your post:

-Roster/Depth Chart
-FGA
-Write-up on why you should move on to the next round--make it short/long/whatever you like

First to 4 votes win. Reasoning is required for vote. Please read the write-ups to help with your vote. Once a vote is made, it can't be changed.

If a write-up isn't posted in 24 hours, we will go whatever is in their write-up and vote then..

You both were the top 2 teams in the rankings so well deserved. Good luck!

Tony Snell wrote:.

Snakebites wrote:.
Tony Snell
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Re: Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Championship: Tony Snell vs. Snakebites 

Post#2 » by Tony Snell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:31 pm

PG: 69/70 Walt Frazier 15.0*0.85=12.3
SG: 72/73 John Havlicek 21.3*0.85=18.1
SF: 12/13 Paul George 14.9
PF: 85/86 Kevin McHale 14.4
C: 66/67 Wilt Chamberlain 14.2*0.85=12.1

BE: 02/03 Doug Christie 7.0
BE: 13/14 Pablo Prigioni 2.9
BE: 91/92 Mark Eaton 3.0

Total: 84.7 / 85.0

PG: Frazier (38) Prigioni (10)
SG: Havlicek (18) Christie (30)
SF: George (28) Havlicek (20)
PF: McHale (38) George (10)
C: Wilt (38) Eaton (10)

Congratulations on making the finals snake and best of luck!

I think that we match up well here. the defensive prowess of our wing rotation is something that we have hammered every round and that will be no different here. The PG, Havlicek, Christie rotation will be tough on snake's main scoring options in Wade/Drexler. We then have Wilt in the middle ready to meet them in the paint. Defensively, Frazier will make Nash work and then will take advantage of his defensive deficiencies on the other end. Wilt will still be the key force in our offense, but the rest of our starting rotation are all very capable scorers. Overall, we think that we have a more potent scoring unit, with all five of our starters being capable threats, we have an awesome defensive unit all around, with especially great defenders covering the oppositions go-to guys, and these things will be enough to lead us a W here.
Greatest Bulls of All Time: 1. TONY SNELL 2. Jordan 3. Pippen 4. Rose 5. Gilmore
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#3 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:24 am

24 hours has passed and no write-up from Snake has been posted, we will go with what is on his roster page so we can keep this moving along...feel free to vote!

Snakebites Roster:

Steve Nash 04-05 11.4 FGA
Dwayne Wade 05-06 18.8 FGA
Clyde Drexler 91-92 16.3 FGA
Draymond Green 15-16 10.1 FGA
Bill Russell 64-65 10.7 FGA (with multiplier)

B: Clifford Ray 75-76 4.2 FGA (with multiplier)
B: Terry Porter 00-01 5.5 FGA
B: Rodney McCray 85-86 7.7 FGA

84.7 FGA/85

Nash (38)/Porter (10)
Wade (39)/Drexler (9)
Drexler (30)/McCray (18)
Green (37)/McCray (11)
Russell (39)/Ray (9)

Why vote for me? I've got a starting lineup full of All NBA players that all fit extremely well together. Draymond Green and Bill Russell anchor a very strong defense inside and out. Russell's rebounding can lead to incredible fast breaks with Steve Nash and his break partners Dwayne Wade and Clyde Drexler. Nash and Dray also combine to give great floor spacing, and you'll be hard pressed to find a big combo that's better at passing than Bill Russell and Draymond Green.

It's simply a great team with no perceivable weaknesses. Off the bench, Porter, McCray, and Ray are all very legitimate players. There is no weak link in this rotation, no "throwaway" players, giving my team above average depth and a great second unit as well.

Top to bottom I think this team stands apart in a crowded field.

Vote Snake!
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Re: Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Championship: Tony Snell vs. Snakebites (NEED VOTES!) 

Post#4 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:29 am

Vote:
Spoiler:
Tony Snell

Reasoning: The x factor in this one for me is Walt Frazier who should be a great defensive counter on Nash and limit his effectiveness while Nash will struggle guarding Frazier on the other end. Tony Snell was #1 in my rankings and I like his 2 way depth/bench overall to get the job done. Both of you were my top 2 rankings so it's close, but I like Tony Snell's defense a little bit more too.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Re: Cross-Eras Duos Draft (60s to Now) Championship: Tony Snell vs. Snakebites (NEED VOTES!) 

Post#5 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:31 am

Please vote on this match-up so we can see who wins the championship game! I appreciate your time. Thanks!

Dr Positivity wrote:.

Laimbeer wrote:.

pandrade83 wrote:.

SuperDario wrote:.

euroleague wrote:.

Prez wrote:.

Smash3 wrote:.

janmagn wrote:.

Jiminy Glick wrote:.

dantley4prez wrote:.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,781

Post#6 » by Snakebites » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:01 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:24 hours has passed and no write-up from Snake has been posted, we will go with what is on his roster page so we can keep this moving along...feel free to vote!

Thanks for posting this. No excuses for forgetting to post a writeup on this one, I was around, I just forgot the deadline was tonight.

Once again I sorta feel like a broken record because I've faced so many similar teams in this game.

This one is largely without reliable 3 point shooting in the starting lineup (with Paul George at a decent but somewhat inconsistent 36% in the selected year and no other players who could hit the outside reliably), and also heavily reliant on post play and slashing. McHale had a midrange game but mostly operated in the post and didn't like to pass the ball (hence the nickname "Black Hole"), which makes him a dubious fit with Wilt and a problematic fit in this lineup, which also plays into my elite interior defense.

Overall I think my team has a more balanced inside/out offense that's significantly less reliant on low post play. We have one problematic defensive matchup with Nash on Frazier that's minimized by our superior help defense. Russell matches up well with Wilt, Draymond is a great cover for McHale, and we think we outmatch our opponent on the wings in terms of raw athleticism on both ends.

Good luck, Snell. An imposing team indeed.
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#7 » by euroleague » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:35 am

I’ll take Tony Snell. He has great rim protection against Wade and a better balanced offense. He also has a talent and size edge

Wilt vs Russell in a nutshell
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,534

Post#8 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:08 am

Tony has a juggernaut team but having the best Wilt defender ever and psychological owner of in Russell helps slow down his offense while Snake has the firepower to pull it out. Vote Snake
pandrade83
Starter
And1: 604

Post#9 » by pandrade83 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:05 am

I'll take Snell - too long, will win a low scoring affair as both teams contain each other well - Snell just has more ways to score.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#10 » by Laimbeer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:29 am

The talent and balance in Snell's lineup is nearly pitch perfect. I'd like to see more shooting but I think he has enough here.

Vote: Tony
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,391

Post#11 » by wackbone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:38 am

Tony Snell wins!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|x
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|x
C: Chet Holmgren|x

Other: Roddy, Saric
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach

Post#12 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:45 am

Congrats Tony Snell on winning the game! This was actually the only upset of the playoffs with Tony Snell being a #2 seed while Snakebites was a #1 seed. Tony Snell, you just became a GOAT with the most wins for these FGA games...that's awesome man!

Return to Trades and Transactions Games