Accolade Restriction Draft(But No FGA Limit) SF1 - Dr Positivity vs Lambieer

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Blazers-1977
Veteran
And1: 643

Accolade Restriction Draft(But No FGA Limit) SF1 - Dr Positivity vs Lambieer 

Post#1 » by Blazers-1977 » Sat Nov 3, 2018 9:58 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on roster page).

- First to 4 votes wins(must give reason for vote)
Blazers-1977
Veteran
And1: 643

Re: Accolade Restriction Draft(But No FGA Limit) SF1 - Dr Positivity vs Lambieer 

Post#2 » by Blazers-1977 » Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:00 pm

Laimbeer wrote:.

Dr Positivity wrote:.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,072

Re: Accolade Restriction Draft(But No FGA Limit) SF1 - Dr Positivity vs Lambieer 

Post#3 » by Laimbeer » Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:30 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 Kevin Durant (MVP)
2018 Anthony Davis (1st Team)
2018 Joel Embiid (2nd Team)
2018 Paul George (3rd Team)
2018 Ben Simmons
2000 Jalen Rose
2006 Boris Diaw
2018 Robert Covington

Joel Embiid (36)/Boris Diaw (4) /Anthony Davis (8)
Anthony Davis (30) / Robert Covington (8) / Boris Diaw (10)
Kevin Durant (38) / Robert Covington (10)
Paul George (38) / Jalen Rose (10)
Ben Simmons (36) / Jalen Rose (12)

We have an absurdly long starting lineup with a high level of defensive ability and no one under 6'9. No one off the bench under 6'8 either. No plodding big men, tremendous ability to switch defensively. Scoring, ball handling, passing, and shooting in abundance.

Matchup- Defensively, we'll play straight up. Emiid (7'0 250) has the frame to cover Ewing (7'0 240) and certainly the defensive ability. AD/Karl, KD/Carter or Mids, George/Dipo, and Simmons/Conley are all very solid.

On the other end Dr P has some real matchup issues. Dipo and particularly Conley are battling far superior length. I don't know if he'll bench someone for Mids, I can't imagine how they match up on front line.

These teams are quite close, IMO, but from a matchup perspective we have the edge against a smallish three guard perimeter.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,524

Post#4 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:23 am

PG: Mike Conley (2017) .209 WS/48, 5.7 BPM, 20.5 pts, 6.3 ast, 3.5 reb, 1.3 stl, 40.8% 3pt, .604 TS%
SG: Victor Oladipo (2018) 13th in MVP, 3rd team All-NBA, All-star, 1st team All-Defense, .155 WS/48, 4.9 BPM, 23.1 pts, 5.2 reb, 4.3 ast, 2.4 stl (leads league), 0.8 blk, 37.1% 3pt, .577 TS%
SF: Vince Carter (2001) 11th in MVP, 2nd team All-NBA, All-star, .208 WS/48, 7.0 BPM, 7.7 OBPM (leads league), 27.6 pts, 5.5 reb, 3.9 ast, 1.5 stl, 1.1 blk, 40.8% 3pt, .551 TS%
PF: Karl Malone (1997) MVP, 1st team All-NBA, All-star, 1st team All-Defense, .268 WS/48, 8.5 BPM (leads league), 27.4 pts, 9.9 reb, 4.5 ast, 1.4 stl, 0.6 blk, .600 TS%
C: Patrick Ewing (1990) 5th in MVP, 1st team All-NBA, All-star, .205 WS/48, 4.6 BPM, 28.6 pts, 10.9 reb, 2.2 ast, 4.0 blk, 1.0 stl, .599 TS%

PG: Jason Terry (2007) .182 WS/48, 3.7 BPM, 16.7 pts, 5.2 ast, 2.9 reb, 43.8% 3pt, .587 TS%
SG/SF: Khris Middleton (2018) .111 WS/48, 0.4 BPM, 20.1 pts, 5.2 reb, 4.0 ast, 1.5 stl, 35.9% 3pt, .577 TS%
PF/C: Serge Ibaka (2013) 1st team All-Defense, .181 WS/48, 2.1 BPM,, 13.2 pts, 7.7 reb, 3.0 blk (leads league), 35.1% 3pt, .612 TS%

Rotation:

PG: Mike Conley (38) / Jason Terry (10)
SG: Victor Oladipo (38) / Khris Middleton (5) / Jason Terry (5)
SF: Vince Carter (38)/ Khris Middleton (10)
PF: Karl Malone (36) / Khris Middleton (7) / Serge Ibaka (5)
C: Patrick Ewing (38) / Serge Ibaka (10)

Good luck Laimbeer, another tough matchup

- We win the frontcourt battle in part due to big advantage in Ewing over Embiid. We're tugging on Embiid's ego please, try to score on Ewing, we would love him to try to back up his trash talk with 15 shots a game while stopping the ball and turning it over. On the other end Ewing's shooting will bring Embiid's shot blocking away from the rim. Malone will use his strength to punish Davis and put him in the pick and roll defensively

- I don't really love Simmons/Rose playing together, Rose has a better 3pt season than I thought, but still think they are tall guards who want the ball. Our 3pt shooting is overall better due to having the two best PG/SG shooters in Conley and Terry instead of Simmons. I prefer our bench, Ibaka's defense/spacing role should be more valuable than Diaw's playmaking in this context and Middleton is more talented than Covington

- We're going Conley on Simmons, Oladipo on Durant, Vince on George, Malone on Davis, Ewing on Embiid. Oladipo has long arms and can bother Durant by preventing him getting to his spots and causing turnovers. We're not worried about Simmons shooting over Conley and his post game is raw. Middleton will get some time on Durant as well. Durant chasing Vince around will make him more tired. Durant and Davis are guarding my best offensive players putting a lot of pressure on them while carrying the team on the other end.
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#5 » by euroleague » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:50 am

I think the lack of outside shooting and depth do Laimbeer in here.

Conley/Carter are both solid shooters, and Oladipo isn't bad either. This will open up the lanes for Malone's pick and roll game, where he is the ball-handler and can let VC/Oladipo cut. AD is very quick, but not quick enough to shadow and recover against Malone's fadeaway. On the other end, Malone can't guard AD well, but AD has no range and is a bad passer so Malone doesn't have to drift out of the paint much.

Middleton and Ibaka off the bench, who have a big edge on Covington/Jalen Rose, ice it.

Vote DrP
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#6 » by Laimbeer » Sun Nov 4, 2018 1:15 pm

Dipo is 6'4 and guarding Durant. Just sayin'. I know he's an excellent defender and all, but that's a mismatch.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,787

Post#7 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Nov 4, 2018 5:44 pm

Blazers-1977 wrote:.

LA Bird wrote:.

Narigo wrote:.

Super Powered wrote:.

Jon_3232 wrote:.

lilroddyb wrote:.

janmagn wrote:.

Tony Snell wrote:.
janmagn
Starter
And1: 341

Post#8 » by janmagn » Sun Nov 4, 2018 6:26 pm

Laimbeer

I think that the most important ability in team defense is to be able to switch. Laimbeer's team can do just that. Oladipo will struggle against Durant

Lähetetty minun LG-M250 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,286

Post#9 » by lilroddyb » Sun Nov 4, 2018 9:09 pm

Vote Dr P

I have these teams kind of even. It will be a tough task to win Laimbeer since he got tall and elite athletes that will create some difficult missmatches especially with Oladipo guarding KD. That is a huge miss match but thankfully Dr P got lots of elite defenders around him that can somewhat help him. I think the flow of Dr P's offense will be a bit better with elite pick and roll options in Karl Malone and Mike Conley and a bit better spacing overall. What brings Laimbeer down imo is Ben Simmons mostly, I think he gets drafted to much in these games ( he will be a beast but his rookie version has some flaws that Boston Celtics could really make him struggle on the offensive end and I see other tough defensive teams have done great job against him.

In the end even if Laimbeer has a huge advantage with Oladipo guarding KD it wont be enough since I see Ben Simmons Struggle and I think Ewing will clearly get the better of Embiid

Pretty close but i see Dr P winning this
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,787

Post#10 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Nov 4, 2018 9:53 pm

Honestly, to make this simpler I may have just started Middleton and let Oladipo run the show. With this level of talent, you aren't going to struggle to generate good offense even without a "true" PG. While Oladipo does have great length, I feel like this kind of setting, where you can't really help off anyone, it's harder to get away with an eight-inch height disparity against someone like KD. Maybe you can attack his handle which isn't great, but once he can get to his spots you won't be able to affect his jumper at all.

On the other hand, Laimbeer doesn't have great personnel to guard Conley either. We tend to penalise the smaller player in mismatch situations, but Conley is a handful even for regular PG defenders, let alone a PF-sized guy like Simmons. Also, the mechanism for Simmons to exploit his size advantage isn't as clear as it sounds - he can't shoot, and there won't be as much opportunity for him to post up with Embiid and AD working around the rim. Basically I see that mismatch going both ways rather than deciding the series for Laimbeer.

Ewing is going to outclass Embiid, who as good as he is remains somewhat a work in progress; he still struggles to post up Al Horford let alone someone of Ewing's calibre. Middleton is the best player on either bench.

Vote: Dr Positivity
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,524

Post#11 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Nov 4, 2018 10:35 pm

3-1
Jon_3232
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,942

Post#12 » by Jon_3232 » Mon Nov 5, 2018 4:22 am

KD feasts on Dipo here, as good as he is...KD does him bad. Length cause lots of problems against Conley,Dipo,Carter......Embiid and AD are at least able to do decently against Dr.Ps elite bigs of Malone/Ewing. I like Dr. Ps depth here but overall I see Laimbeer taking it

Vote : Laimbeer
LA Bird
Analyst
And1: 3,145

Post#13 » by LA Bird » Mon Nov 5, 2018 5:18 am

I had Dr Positivity higher in the rankings and I will still go with him in this matchup. Laimbeer went overboard with building a big lineup just for the sake of going big IMO. Half of the team would be better suited playing one position higher and Jalen Rose was just not a good pick (FGA cost or not). I agree with lilroddyb - Ben Simmons has a lot of potential but he has been getting far too much love already in these draft games. The particular matchup of KD vs Oladipo doesn't work out well for Dr Positivity (should be using Middleton more) but the overall build of the team is more important to me and I have his as the superior team.

ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#14 » by ardee » Mon Nov 5, 2018 7:38 am

Dr P wins. See you in the final!

Sent from my SM-G615F using RealGM mobile app
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#15 » by Laimbeer » Mon Nov 5, 2018 12:26 pm

LA Bird wrote:I had Dr Positivity higher in the rankings and I will still go with him in this matchup. Laimbeer went overboard with building a big lineup just for the sake of going big IMO. Half of the team would be better suited playing one position higher and Jalen Rose was just not a good pick (FGA cost or not). I agree with lilroddyb - Ben Simmons has a lot of potential but he has been getting far too much love already in these draft games. The particular matchup of KD vs Oladipo doesn't work out well for Dr Positivity (should be using Middleton more) but the overall build of the team is more important to me and I have his as the superior team.

You are correct in that I deliberately wanted a team that could credibly switch one through five, and the novelty of it. But if we were playing for money, I'd have probably gone with a more stock point guard.

I don't see Simmons getting a lot of love in these - I knew drafting him was a big risk, as people fixate on his shooting. All four votes against me mentioned Simmons and/or his shooting negatively. Going forward, I'd have to consider him nearly undraftable in a pool of any size.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games