Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Western Conference ONLY GMAT: RULES 

Post#1 » by MadNESS » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 am

15 Western Conference Teams

Top 7 teams will make the playoffs with the 1 seed having a first round bye.

I will do another game in about a month once this one is completed with Eastern conference only.

Currently, the Eastern conference teams all met up and are on strike. The entire conference doesn’t exists. You can NOT sign, Trade, or anything with any player, coach, or team from the East.

WESTERN CONFERENCE ONLY.

Any picks owed to you by eastern conference teams don’t exist.

If you have a 2019 first and it’s owed to a east team - it’s your again.

Any player currently not on an NBA roster is available to be signed (in the waiver / signing thread).

Emails / PM’s must be responded to - even if it’s a NO THANKS.

Coaches can be fired and hired but be realistic.

All trades must work with the current CBA.

No PPP or BYC contracts count, we play at face value. No trade kickers either.

We promote trading, we like trades, as long as they work with the CBA and they aren’t Lebron for Mike Muscala they will be approved immediately.

I will use Carl / Scott for potentially veto deals.

This is a new game so some rules may need to be tweaked - by ME.

1a) The Salary Information for 18/19 season is:
- The Salary cap is set at 100 million
- The Luxury cap is set at 120 million
- Hard cap is $140,000,000

1b) The Salary Information for 19/20 season is:
- The Salary cap is set at 110 million
- The Luxury cap is set at 135 million
- Hard cap is $160,000,000

2) post your roster of your team in the roster thread and include the following information:
- Team Name
- GM name
- email - email address or PM - note the preferred way you communicate
- depth chart
- salaries
- draft picks
- traded player exceptions
- transactions
- direction

(Check with commissioners for tips on posting your roster - Upkeep is on you-
Basketball Insiders - Shamsports Capulator - Sportrac good sites)

3) It's a trading game - thus, TRADE! Even if you have the Golden State Warriors.... just TRADE (trades have to be fair value though and do the best for your team... be the best GM!) Trades are negotiated with individual GMs - Once a deal is accepted— one person posts and one accepts. Please state at least a once sentence reason WHY you do the deal.

Trades must be Numbered and include salary info. It needs to work under the CBA (show the math). Number the Trades. One GM will Post the Trade - the other will “quote” the trade and confirm it to make it official. You negotiate the trades via E-Mail, however, some GMS prefer PM, so PM them via realgm.
A trade is only official when it’s posted and accepted by both GMS and Posted.

5) there is no stepien rule, you can deal all picks.

6) we are playing with picks until 2025 (be careful with dealing future picks though, don't be Billy King)

7) no ppp or Trade kickers are used in this game.

8) Coaches can be traded, but they. Coaches and Your draft rights, Picks are used as incentives in deals.

9) you can use TPES if you show them on roster page after your trades

10) No buyouts, No stretch provision (trade these guys) - Guys can be waived to make roster space - but the salary counts against your hold. Existing stretch players salaries are included in your salaries.

11) players can always be traded

12) no two-way contracts, but you can have between 12-16 players once season starts, in the offseason up to 18 players, if you have less than 11 prior Free Agency, use mini cap holds ($6,750,000) to get to 11 “players”.

13) There will be a draft and free agency. Free Agency will be in Tiers.

Wackbone is running free agency
LAKESHOW
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Re: Western Conference ONLY GMAT: RULES 

Post#2 » by LuessiT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 am

Can you clarify how the draft works with no eastern conference teams? Will heavily impact my direction.

Edit: I'd suggest autodrafting picks held by eastern conference teams and those players leave the league and become unavailable. Draft order would be determined by alternating between western and eastern conference teams (eastern standings determined by the current real standings) with the first pick AKA Zion going to a western team and so on.
DerrickNoah
General Manager
And1: 1,722

Post#3 » by DerrickNoah » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:20 am

Ness wrote “ .... You can * sign, Trade, or anything with any player, coach, or team from the East.....”

May want to include the word NOT*, prevent confusion
BAF: Phoenix Suns
PG: Ayo Donaumu
SG: Franz Wagner / Ochai Agbaji
SF: Keegan Murray / Cam Whitmore
PF: Patrick Williams / Julian Phillips
C: O-Max Prosper
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by MadNESS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:52 am

LuessiT wrote:Can you clarify how the draft works with no eastern conference teams? Will heavily impact my direction.

Edit: I'd suggest autodrafting picks held by eastern conference teams and those players leave the league and become unavailable. Draft order would be determined by alternating between western and eastern conference teams (eastern standings determined by the current real standings) with the first pick AKA Zion going to a western team and so on.

The draft will only be 30 picks. 15 in the first, and 15 in the second.
LAKESHOW
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#5 » by LuessiT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:59 am

MadNESS wrote:
LuessiT wrote:Can you clarify how the draft works with no eastern conference teams? Will heavily impact my direction.

So what happens to picks that have been sent out from the east/going to the east? For example Denver ows Brooklyn this year's first top 20 protected.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by MadNESS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:11 am

LuessiT wrote:
MadNESS wrote:

So what happens to picks that have been sent out from the east/going to the east? For example Denver ows Brooklyn this year's first top 20 protected.

They don’t exist
LAKESHOW
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#7 » by LuessiT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:21 am

MadNESS wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
MadNESS wrote:

They don’t exist

Still doesn't fully clarify it for me. So does e.g. Dallas own all their first round picks going to NYK and ATL? And SAS obviously loose their TOR 1ST this year?
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by MadNESS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:29 am

LuessiT wrote:
MadNESS wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

They don’t exist

Still doesn't fully clarify it for me. So does e.g. Dallas own all their first round picks going to NYK and ATL? And SAS obviously loose their TOR 1ST this year?

Correct
LAKESHOW
Depalma2002
Pro Prospect
And1: 944

Post#9 » by Depalma2002 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:41 pm

2 Questions but both basically the same:

1. Since our season is different than the NBA season (for instance we aren't currently post-trade deadline) and since our season is condensed, how do we treat packaging acquired players with other players in trades. For instance, I trade Conley for Joe Schmo today. When I package Schmo with Valanciunas in another deal. In the NBA, I couldn't do it for two months. How does the GMAT treat this?

2. If there is a waiting period to package these players, does it just apply to trades we make in GMAT or do players that my franchise just acquired on deadline day in the NBA or are we starting fresh as of day 1 of GMAT?
BAF ORLANDO MAGIC
C: AD / Vucevic / Leonard
PF: WCJ / Stewart/ Looney
SF: Grant /Williams Jr/ THT
SG: Rozier / Poole / Maledon
PG: Lillard / KPJ/Wesley
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by MadNESS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Depalma2002 wrote:2 Questions but both basically the same:

1. Since our season is different than the NBA season (for instance we aren't currently post-trade deadline) and since our season is condensed, how do we treat packaging acquired players with other players in trades. For instance, I trade Conley for Joe Schmo today. When I package Schmo with Valanciunas in another deal. In the NBA, I couldn't do it for two months. How does the GMAT treat this?

2. If there is a waiting period to package these players, does it just apply to trades we make in GMAT or do players that my franchise just acquired on deadline day in the NBA or are we starting fresh as of day 1 of GMAT?

No waiting period. Trade away.

We are pretending the real life trade deadline got extended 10 days
LAKESHOW
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#11 » by VCfor3 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:54 am

If the East doesn't exist, will their Free Agents be available this offseason or nah?
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by MadNESS » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:00 am

VCfor3 wrote:If the East doesn't exist, will their Free Agents be available this offseason or nah?

Nope
LAKESHOW

Return to Trades and Transactions Games