The Franchise Limit Draft R2 - poopdamoop* vs. DroppinDimes

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

The Franchise Limit Draft R2 - poopdamoop* vs. DroppinDimes 

Post#1 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 4 votes advances.**
DroppinDimes
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: The Franchise Limit Draft R2 - poopdamoop vs. DroppinDimes 

Post#2 » by DroppinDimes » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:52 am

PG: Kyle Lowry - 17/18 - 12.1 FGA
SG: Michael Jordan - 91/92 - 22.7 FGA
SF: Paul George - 12/13 - 14.9 FGA
PF: Dennis Rodman - 93/94 - 3.7 FGA
Cc: Joel Embiid - 17/18 - 16.8

Bench
Taurean Price - 16/17 - 4.8 FGA
Daniel Gibson - 09/10 - 4.8 FGA
Clint Capela - 15/16 - 5.2 FGA

ROTATION
PG: Kyle Lowry (38) / Daniel Gibson (10)
SG: Michael Jordan (42) / Daniel Gibson (6)
SF: Paul George (38) / Taurean Prince (10)
PF: Dennis Rodman (38) / Taurean Prince (6) / Paul George (4)
Cc: Joel Embiid (38) / Clint Capela (10)

When I took MJ, my goal was to surround him with elite defense and shooting. I feel like I accomplished that. In addition to having very good shooters, I have a starting lineup that can work off the ball but are also capable of creating their own offense which will make it tough to try to double team off Rodman and/or Capela when they are in the game and if doubles teams do happen, Rodman should feast on the offensive glass.

Matchup
- In the frontcourt on defense, I'm going to put Rodman on Ben Wallace. Embiid will be on AD. I think we're pretty evenly matched up in terms of skillset on both sides of the ball here.
- At the wings, I feel I have the advantage here. I got more length with MJ/PG. Wade and Pierce are great players but they will have their hands full on both ends against MJ/PG.
- I feel like Lowry is the better player here. He's a better shooter and a way more efficient player than Blaylock ever was. Both guys are good on the defensive end but I give Lowry the advantage in this match-up

Bench
The bench just fits my team needs. Again, Gibson comes in striclty to be a spotup/3 point shooter which he does very well. He won't be asked to be a creator and does not need to with the players around him.
Prince comes in and is a threat from 3 and is an extension of my wing defense. He's athletic and can defend so I don't lose much when he's in the game.
Capela comes in to basically replicate what Rodman does.

Good luck Poop.
poopdamoop
Assistant Coach
And1: 823

Post#3 » by poopdamoop » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:33 am

2018 Anthony Davis (1) - 28/11/3/2/2, 34% 3PT, MVP(3), All-NBA 1st, All-D 1st
2006 Dwyane Wade (3) - 27/7/6/2, MVP(6), Finals MVP, All-NBA 2nd, All-D 2nd
2010 Paul Pierce (4) - 18/4/3, 41% 3PT
1992 Mookie Blaylock (3) - 14/8/4/3, 38% 3PT, All-D 2nd
2017 Otto Porter (1) - 14/7/2/2, 43% 3PT
2003 Ben Wallace (5) - 7/15/2/3/2, MVP(8), DPOY, All-NBA 2nd, All-D 1st
2018 Tyus Jones (1) - 5/3/2, 36% 3PT
2017 Jakob Poeltl (1) - 3/3/1

Blaylock(35) / Jones(13)
Wade(40) / Pierce(8)
Pierce(29) / Porter(19)
Davis(36) / Porter(12)
Wallace(36) / Poeltl(8) / Davis(4)

This will be a tough one - Dimes has built a really good team around MJ, but we have some advantages.

Offensively, the Wade/Davis duo is a dynamic punch that can overwhelm opponents, and surrounded by spacing like Pierce, Porter, and Blaylock, they should have plenty of room to operate. Defensively, AD/Big Ben anchor the team and elite man defenders like Blaylock and Wade can funnel opposing perimeter players into the teeth of the defense.

In this matchup, we'll attack Embiid in PnRs with Wade and Pierce. Embiid is a great rim protector, but Wade is one of the best of all time at slashing, and Rodman helping off Big Ben means easy putback opportunities. Pierce can attack a younger George as well, and Blaylock is a solid shooter who won't be asked to do much beyond space the floor and attack mismatches. Off the bench, Porter is a legitimate starting-caliber player who gives me a scoring punch Dimes can't match, and the volume of Wade/Davis means that he'll have plenty of opportunities to hit open shots. My big 3 of Wade/Davis/Pierce all elevated their games in the playoffs, and Wade/Pierce give me two elite options in the clutch to combat Jordan.

On defense, Wade gets MJ, and while he won't stop him, young D-Wade had the stamina to go toe to toe with elite SGs like Kobe. As a slasher, MJ will have some trouble trying to finish over Big Ben and Davis at the rim. Embiid isn't going to do much in this series, and if he spends his time on the perimeter, he's much less dangerous. These versions of George and Lowry aren't high volume scorers, so if we manage to slow MJ and Embiid down, we can do some serious damage to Dimes' offense.

Overall, we have multiple players we can go to for offense, while Dimes is reliant on MJ. The Wade/Davis duo can't be matched in terms of pure firepower, and if Wade can give me 80-85% of what MJ provides, we have enough advantages with the rest of the team to win this series.
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#4 » by euroleague » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:08 am

I don’t think 06 Wade was a superstar yet, despite how many calls he got in the Finals, but I also think Embiid on AD is a huge mistake. Rodman is perfect for AD, and his destruction of Shawn Kemp in 96 was absurd... but Embiid will get torched and Rodman has terrible rim protection, and man defense against Big Ben is useless.

Vote poop
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:27 am

I can't speak to Kemp vs. Rodman (although Kemp did put up 23 and 10 on 55% shooting in those Finals) but I disagree pretty vehemently that Embiid will get torched. As a matter of fact, Embiid has defended AD very well in their admitted brief history against each other. Unfortunately, I also don't think Embiid is quite ready for the challenge presented by Big Ben, and I also worry about Lowry against the relentless Blaylock.

DD has the clear advantage on the wings, especially when defense is factored in. My approach would be to start with PG on the more demanding matchup (Wade), but either way those two can apply some serious pressure.

Porter is the only guy who really stands out on either bench, although Capela and Gibson are OK in their limited roles.

As usual in a series which I expect to be a defensive grind I have to default to the most reliable lead scorer. D-Wade will put up a valiant effort but the MJ factor matters in a series like this one.

Vote: DroppinDimes
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:31 am

1-1

lilroddyb wrote:.

Dr Positivity wrote:.

Tony Snell wrote:.

Laimbeer wrote:.

GeorgeMarcus wrote:.

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:.

8on wrote:.

Colbinii wrote:.

ardee wrote:.

Jon_3232 wrote:.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,884

Post#7 » by Colbinii » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:57 am

Fade did a good job of articulating most of my view as well.

As for the team construction I really enjoy the back court of Lowry/Jordan and how destructive it can be, though Blaylock/Wade is up there as well, especially defensively. I like the defensive advantage for Poop, in conjunction with dimes not having a great #2 puts too much pressure on MJ here.

Close, but Poop.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#8 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 am

I think the difference is Davis is much better offensively than Embiid that season. The rest is pretty close. Vote poopdamoop
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#9 » by euroleague » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:07 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:I can't speak to Kemp vs. Rodman (although Kemp did put up 23 and 10 on 55% shooting in those Finals) but I disagree pretty vehemently that Embiid will get torched. As a matter of fact, Embiid has defended AD very well in their admitted brief history against each other. Unfortunately, I also don't think Embiid is quite ready for the challenge presented by Big Ben, and I also worry about Lowry against the relentless Blaylock.

DD has the clear advantage on the wings, especially when defense is factored in. My approach would be to start with PG on the more demanding matchup (Wade), but either way those two can apply some serious pressure.

Porter is the only guy who really stands out on either bench, although Capela and Gibson are OK in their limited roles.

As usual in a series which I expect to be a defensive grind I have to default to the most reliable lead scorer. D-Wade will put up a valiant effort but the MJ factor matters in a series like this one.

Vote: DroppinDimes

His destruction wasn’t traditional - it was mainly offensive rebounds and flopping. Kemp averaged 4 TO and 5 PF per games, and Rodman’s flopping provoked Kemp out of multiple games early. Rodman averaged around 7 ORB per game that series, and the Sonics were basically ignoring Longley

AD hasnt gone vs Embiid often, even when they’ve played each other Embiid isn’t always on AD. Embiid has trouble defending outside the post though against stretch bigs like Gasol, and I think those problems get worse vs AD.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#10 » by Laimbeer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 am

I'd prefer Rodman on AD as well, but I still think Dimes perimeter advantage and Mike factor take this.

Vote - Dimes
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:07 pm

3-2 to poop
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:12 pm

Bump. Last matchup standing.
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,286

Post#13 » by lilroddyb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:46 pm

It's kind of tough to vote in this matchup, I feel like both teams are really talented and the talent fits great together. No one is going to stop MJ but I think Dwade will also be really hard to stop with all of that spacing around him and AD. Dimes definitely has the advantage in the backcourt but Poop has the advantage in frontcourt so starting lineups are close with small advantage for Poops and Poop also has the better bench imo.

Hate to be the deciding vote but I think poop will end up winning

Vote Poopdamoop
DroppinDimes
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: The Franchise Limit Draft R2 - poopdamoop* vs. DroppinDimes 

Post#14 » by DroppinDimes » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:29 pm

Congrats poop!
poopdamoop
Assistant Coach
And1: 823

Re: The Franchise Limit Draft R2 - poopdamoop* vs. DroppinDimes