The Finals Twist RD2 - Jory04* vs. poopdamoop

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

The Finals Twist RD2 - Jory04* vs. poopdamoop 

Post#1 » by 8on » Tue May 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page.

First to 4 votes advances.

Jory04 wrote:

poopdamoop wrote:
Jory04
Sixth Man
And1: 269

Re: The Finals Twist RD2 - Jory04 vs. poopdamoop 

Post#2 » by Jory04 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:55 pm

98' Gary Payton 22/5/9 3rd MVP, 1st All-Nba, 1st All-D, 12.5 WS
90' Joe Dumars 18/3/5 1st All-D, 3rd All-Nba, All-Star, 8.7 WS
16' Kawhi Leonard 21/7/3 2nd MVP, DPOY, 1st All-D, 1st All-Nba, 13.7 WS
14' Serge Ibaka 15/9/1 1st All-D, 9.6 WS
10' Dwight Howard 18/14/2 4th MVP, DPOY, 1st All-Nba, 1st All-D, 13.2 WS

15' Kyle Korver 12/4/3 All-Star, 7.5 WS
08' Kendrick Perkins 7/6/1 6.2 WS
13' Rashard Lewis 5/2/1 .389 3%

98' Gary Payton 15.6 Fga
90' Joe Dumars 14.1 Fga
16' Kawhi Leonard 15.1 Fga
14' Serge Ibaka 12.1 Fga
10' Dwight Howard 10.2 Fga

15' Kyle Korver 8.0 Fga
08' Kendrick Perkins 4.5 Fga
13' Rashard Lewis 4.5 Fga

84.1/85

PG: Payton (38) / Dumars (10)
SG: Dumars (28) / Korver (20)
SF: Leonard (40) / Korver (8)
PF: Ibaka (38) / Lewis (10)
C: Howard (38) / Perkins (10)

Offensive:
Our opponent has two exceptional defenders in his starting lineup, and three average to poor defenders. Kawhi and Howard will have their work cut out for them, but Payton and Dumars should have some serious success against Poops average defensive backcourt. Ibaka should also be able to be more than effective with Schrempf on him, with Robinson unable to help off of Howard. Dumars, Kawhi, Ibaka, Lewis, and Korver all range from very good to Hall of Fame level shooters, they will space the floor and allow our backcourt to attack. Having all star Korver off the bench is a huge advantage we have over our opponent.

Defense:
We have five elite defenders to our opponents two. His three best options are covered by three of the best defensive players to ever play at their positions. He will never get easy looks, something we don't believe he can also say.

Overall:
We have better depth, better shooting, and better defense. If Russ goes full hero mode like he tends to do, their chances are DOA.
poopdamoop
Assistant Coach
And1: 823

Post#3 » by poopdamoop » Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 am

1996 David Robinson - 25/12/3/3/2, MVP(2), 9.2 BPM, All-NBA 1st, All-D 1st
2016 Russell Westbrook - 24/10/8/2, MVP(4), 10.0 BPM, All-NBA 1st
1996 Scottie Pippen - 19/6/6/2, 37% 3PT, MVP(5), 6.8 BPM, All-NBA 1st, All-D 1st
1995 Detlef Schrempf - 19/6/4, 51% 3PT, 4.5 BPM, All-NBA 3rd
2005 Manu Ginobili - 16/4/4/2, 38% 3PT, 7.0 BPM
1993 Charles Oakley - 7/9/2, 3.5 BPM
1997 Aaron McKie - 5/3/2, 40% 3PT, 0.3 BPM
2005 Ervin Johnson - 2/4/1, 0.2 BPM

Westbrook(38) / McKie(10)
Ginobili(34) / McKie(10) / Pippen(4)
Pippen(36) / Schrempf(12)
Schrempf(22) / Oakley(26)
Robinson(40) / Johnson(8)

GL Jory

Our team has a significant offensive advantage in this series. '16 Kawhi wasn't an elite creator yet, and Payton isn't as explosive as someone like Westbrook. Meanwhile, David Robinson has a size and strength advantage over Dwight Howard, so we can run a lot through him down low. Schrempf will pull Ibaka out of the lane, meaning Westbrook, Ginobili, and Pippen can drive with impunity since Dwight won't be able to help off DRob due to the lob threat. My perimeter players are all fantastic passers, and any one of them can carry an offense for stretches.

On defense, we'll play everything straight up. Payton won't be able to bully Westbrook given his size, and with Ibaka and Dwight together the lane will be too crowded for Jory to get anything at the rim. Robinson and Pippen on the perimeter will slow down Kawhi and Dwight, and Jory doesn't have enough offense to make headway considering Ginobili and Westbrook are both solid defenders as well. Payton is the only strong playmaker in Jory's offense, and a lot is required of him in here.

Overall, we have elite defenders to slow down Kawhi and Dwight, and superior offense across the board.
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#4 » by wackbone » Wed May 22, 2019 2:24 am

Like I said in the last round, Jory has one of the best defenses I've ever seen in one of these games. However, the consequence of that defense is lower-than-needed offense. With Pippen on Kawhi and DRob on Dwight, too much is relied on Payton for Jory to stay in the game. Ultimately poop has considerably better offensive weapons, as well as enough defense at two main focal points to get the job done.

Vote: poop

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|Beverley
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|Williams
C: Chet Holmgren|Kleber

Other: Boeheim, Roddy, Thompson, Saric, McDermott
Jon_3232
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,942

Post#5 » by Jon_3232 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:35 am

Poop has a god fit around Westbrook but Jory’s D absolutely suffocates anything they get going.Payton and Dumars took on more offensive roles in selected years along with Kaw,that should help.

Vote Jory
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,775

Post#6 » by Fadeaway_J » Wed May 22, 2019 2:37 am

Still not a fan of the offensive build around Dwight. Without the option of spread pick-and-roll, I think he'll struggle mightily against D-Rob. Schrempf neuters a lot of the defensive value of Ibaka. Poop just has too many quality scorers and playmakers for even Jory to slow down.

Vote: poopdamoop
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#7 » by euroleague » Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 am

Payton and Dumars are solid offensively, Korver provides a boost off of the bench, and the defense on Jory proves too much here.

Vote Jory
8on
RealGM

Post#8 » by 8on » Wed May 22, 2019 2:58 am

Poop has five really good offensive players. The theory I have is that if you have other guys who can play defense and shoot, Westbrook can do pretty much everything in terms of creation and second chance points. That said, poop has Pippen, a historically streaky shooter, and Robinson, a midrange shooter and elite athlete who can finish over anyone.

Jory’s defense is superb. This means Westbrook will continue to make mistakes, and everyone on poop’s team will struggle a bit more than usual. Jory’s rim protection is key here.

I wish poop had guys who needed less touches and less time with the ball in their hands. Robinson’s not that efficient in the middle of his career, and Pippen never was given the lack of free throws and bad percentage.

I just don’t think poop’s offense is good enough or fits well enough to withstand this kind of defensive onslaught. I’m not entirely sold on the fit. If Jory can keep poop below 110, or even 100, all he has to do is score 110. I believe his squad fits better and can do that.

vote: Jory04
poopdamoop
Assistant Coach
And1: 823

Post#9 » by poopdamoop » Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 am

8on wrote:Poop has five really good offensive players. The theory I have is that if you have other guys who can play defense and shoot, Westbrook can do pretty much everything in terms of creation and second chance points. That said, poop has Pippen, a historically streaky shooter, and Robinson, a midrange shooter and elite athlete who can finish over anyone.

Jory’s defense is superb. This means Westbrook will continue to make mistakes, and everyone on poop’s team will struggle a bit more than usual. Jory’s rim protection is key here.

I wish poop had guys who needed less touches and less time with the ball in their hands. Robinson’s not that efficient in the middle of his career, and Pippen never was given the lack of free throws and bad percentage.

I just don’t think poop’s offense is good enough or fits well enough to withstand this kind of defensive onslaught. I’m not entirely sold on the fit. If Jory can keep poop below 110, or even 100, all he has to do is score 110. I believe his squad fits better and can do that.

I know there's a belief in these games that any player who didn't make an All-D team is a worthless defender, but you make it seem like scoring 110 a game is an easy feat. How is his team going to do that?

I don't like going position by position, but there's a good argument that I have the talent advantage at every position. In terms of fit, both Pippen and Ginobili are used to playing with other ball dominant players, while Kawhi is a pretty notorious ball stopper as well.
Jory04
Sixth Man
And1: 269

Post#10 » by Jory04 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:16 am

poopdamoop wrote:
8on wrote:Poop has five really good offensive players. The theory I have is that if you have other guys who can play defense and shoot, Westbrook can do pretty much everything in terms of creation and second chance points. That said, poop has Pippen, a historically streaky shooter, and Robinson, a midrange shooter and elite athlete who can finish over anyone.

I know there's a belief in these games that any player who didn't make an All-D team is a worthless defender, but you make it seem like scoring 110 a game is an easy feat. How is his team going to do that?

I don't like going position by position, but there's a good argument that I have the talent advantage at every position. In terms of fit, both Pippen and Ginobili are used to playing with other ball dominant players, while Kawhi is a pretty notorious ball stopper as well.

Just like to point out that my team averaged 118 a game total to your teams 117. I think with my defense compared to yours we have a far more likely chance to get closer to our average.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#11 » by Dr Positivity » Wed May 22, 2019 7:10 am

I don't love Jory's offense especially with Dwight getting shut down by Robinson, but I think the fit of Westbrook/Manu/Pippen isn't the best. Overall the starters are close enough the I think Korver off the bench can make the difference. Vote Jory
8on
RealGM

Post#12 » by 8on » Wed May 22, 2019 12:45 pm

Jory04 advances

Return to Trades and Transactions Games