Three Degrees Teammates Edition v2 R2 - Snakebites* vs. WillyJakkz

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,774

Three Degrees Teammates Edition v2 R2 - Snakebites* vs. WillyJakkz 

Post#1 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:55 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 4 votes advances.**
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,750

Re: Three Degrees Teammates Edition v2 R2 - Snakebites vs. WillyJakkz 

Post#2 » by Snakebites » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:13 am

Chris Paul- 2009 16.1 FGA
Paul Pierce 2010 12.2 FGA
Rasheed Wallace 2008 11.3 FGA
Boris Diaw 2014 4.4 FGA
Grant Hill 2000 19.2 FGA
Robin Lopez 2009 3.0 FGA
Brook Lopez 2019 9.7 FGA
Malcom Brogdon 2019 11.7 FGA

Total: 87.6/88 FGA

Rotation:

Paul (39)/Brogdon (9)
Pierce (28)/Brogdon (20)
Hill (38)/Pierce (10)
Wallace (36)/Diaw (12)
Brook (37)/Robin (11)

Defense:

Paul on Curry
Pierce on Klay
Hill on Iggy
Sheed on Dray
Brook on Yao

I really like the way that lines up.

Alright. The Warriors + are a tough opponent, but I actually like the way we match up here.

I think prime Chris Paul is a great defender for Curry. Yeah, Curry will still get his shots off (nobody can really stop that), but I think Chis Paul will be able to give Curry trouble as a playmaker, and will be able to force a lot of turnovers against him. I also think, and this might be controversial, that Chris Paul wins that matchup overall. 2009 Chris Paul put together one of the best single seasons that any point guard has ever put up, and while Curry's 2015 campaign was strong, it was by no means his greatest year.

Defensively Curry is a bit of an issue too. The Warriors often went to great lengths during this time period to hide Steph, and they had Klay and Iggy to facilitate this. He's got those players too, but I've got Paul Pierce and Grant Hill- I don't think that Willy can afford to switch his 2 wing defenders off of them for any particular period of time, meaning Curry will have to bare the brunt of the defense on Chris Paul- a tough proposition to say the least.

Defensively, Rasheed is mobile enough to keep up with Draymond reasonably well, and Brook will defend against Yao, who I still think needs to be somewhat marginalized in this setup in order for the Warriors to run their best offense.

Overall, I think we've got the firepower to deal with this one.

Vote Snake!
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

Post#3 » by WillyJakkz » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:16 am

PG: Stephen Curry (40)/ Andre Iguodala (8)
SG: Klay Thompson (38)/ Kevin Martin (10)
SF: Andre Iguodala (18)/ Kevin Martin (22)/ Brandon Rush (8)
PF: Draymond Green (26)/ Andre Iguodala (12) Karl Anthony-Towns (10)
Cc: Yao Ming (30)/ Draymond Green (12) Karl Anthony-Towns (6)

'15 Steph Curry FGA: 16.8
'14 Klay Thompson: 15.5
'15 Andre Iguodala: 6.4
'17 Draymond Green: 8.6
'05 Yao Ming: 12.2
'18 KAT: 14.3
'16 Brandon Rush: 3.6
'13 Kevin Martin: 10.1
FGA: 87.5/ 88.0

Writeup:
In this matchup offensively we will look to get Yao more involved as we feel this is where our biggest (literally) advantage is. And though Brook is a big body and decent defender we think Yao will inevitably force likely Sheed or Grant to double off their guy and we will definitely make them pay. And when we run screens with Yao on Billups or Paul Pierce for the switch forget about it.

Our small ball unit is going to have a good go once again where we feel we'll limit their use of Robin Lopez but admittedly Boris Diaw is a very small ball player but not sure he's being utilized at C.

Defensively Curry won't have to hide as he will go up against Chris Paul who although was great in 2009 I feel he was a better Clipper than Hornet and we all know how Steph used to cook him as a Clipper (the slip and fall play). Iggy will guard Hill while Klay guards Pierce and these are definitely good competitive matchups. Our main play will be that although Snake has great players in Pierce Hill Paul, they aren't known for their 3pt shooting while ironically Sheed and Lopez (currently) are known for that. This leads to us altering our defense zoning at times thus daring Sheed and Brook to outshoot Klay Steph and KMart which is going to be very hard to do.
We feel Yao ultimately puts us over the top in this matchup.
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,553

Post#4 » by JimmyPlopper » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:28 am

As previously noted, I am pretty high on the combination of Yao with the Warriors core. Towns on the bench makes it almost a silly amount of options offensively. The Lopez brothers to me were a surprise to be drafted in this type of competition and would make for a glaring weakspot at center which would be impossible to overcome in this circumstance.

WillyJakkz
you can't kill me - i was born dead
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man
And1: 1,425

Post#5 » by Jordan Syndrome » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:55 pm

There is an interesting chess match here with the size of towns mitigating Diaw's play at center but Towns is only playing 8 minutes.

I dont get how Draymond Green plays 46 minutes so I will refrain from voting until this is fixed.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Jordan Syndrome wrote:There is an interesting chess match here with the size of towns mitigating Diaw's play at center but Towns is only playing 8 minutes.

I dont get how Draymond Green plays 46 minutes so I will refrain from voting until this is fixed.

Not sure if this has been changed, but the minutes I'm seeing add up to 38.
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by Jordan Syndrome » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
Jordan Syndrome wrote:There is an interesting chess match here with the size of towns mitigating Diaw's play at center but Towns is only playing 8 minutes.

Not sure if this has been changed, but the minutes I'm seeing add up to 38.

It was 30 and 16 before.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

Post#8 » by WillyJakkz » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Forgot to update during 1st matchup
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:28 pm

While Steph is a capable team/scheme defender, I don't see him being able to stay in front of CP3 at his athletic peak. Combine that with good shooting bigs to use as screeners, and Snake can really exploit the defensive weaknesses of Yao and KAT. I do feel Willy can gain some traction in the low post (especially KAT vs RoLo), but Snake's perimeter group (including Brogdon off the bench) gets him through this one.

Vote: Snakebites
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#10 » by parsnips33 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Man, another fun matchup. Two best PGs of the modern era squaring up. As much as I love Yao (or KAT) with the Warriors core, this is one of those matchups where I think Willy might have over-invested in the Center position. I like that he's still giving Draymond good minutes at C, but is it worth spending >14 FGA on KAT to only play him 16 minutes? Some of that could've been used to upgrade Rush or Martin to a better wing. I digress, I still think his team is very good.

CP3 will do great with Curry on him for most of the game, but boy would you look at those bigs Curry can pick on. The foot speed of the Lopi and 33 yr old Sheed is not great, and Curry should go off in the PNR, especially in the Draymond at center minutes.

So Willy's offense I'm not too worried about, even with '14 Klay who was still bricking layups and was streakier than ever. But Snake's offense will be just as deadly, and that PNR action with Steph/Yao is BBQ chicken for CP.

For me, Dray is the X factor. He gives them that defensive dynamism that Snake's team, while good defensively, is missing, and I think he matches up great at center in this one.

Call me a homer but vote = WillyJAkkz
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:14 pm

2-1 WillyJakkz

Jordan Syndrome wrote:.

Laimbeer wrote:.

lilroddyb wrote:.

MO12msu wrote:.

MJ23datruGOAT wrote:.

Goober wrote:.

Stan wrote:.

Jon_3232 wrote:.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#12 » by goober » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:19 am

This is a tough matchup for me to decide, i’ll come back to this
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,286

Post#13 » by lilroddyb » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:33 am

Really hard to vote in this matchup.

Great fit on both teams. Yao will definitely give Lopez brother's trouble but at the same time Chris Paul and others can punish Yao in pick and roll situations. I think Willy spent a bit to much fga on centers since Karl will only play around 16 min so Snake will have more firepower overall with Karl sitting out so much. Willy has a rebounding edge since Rasheed and Lopez are weak rebounders.

I lean towards Snakebites. think his defense will be slightly better

Vote Snake
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Jordan Syndrome » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:20 am

Willy has a decent advantage at the 4 and 5 while Snakebites has a small but noticeable advantage at the 1-3. I end up thinking Snakebites team wins this 6/10 times with the key differences being 2009 Chris Paul being the best player here and Willy not picking peak Curry (2016 or 2017 for me) or Peak Draymond (2016 when he could shoot). I like Brogdon over Martin (almost picked Brogdon myself) and I really like Rasheed Wallace in these games, even at an older age.

It is close, and me not being as high on the Warriors as many likely makes my opinion different than others on this board.

Vote: Snakebites
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:31 pm

3-2 Snake

Laimbeer wrote:.

MO12msu wrote:.

MJ23datruGOAT wrote:.

Goober wrote:.

Stan wrote:.

Jon_3232 wrote:.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#16 » by goober » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:20 pm

Yeah looking through this, not picking peak curry and draymond to accommodate Yao and KAT is what does this for me

vote: snake
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Fadeaway_J » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Snake advances

Return to Trades and Transactions Games