2023 East Cross-Standings Draft - SF1 - Colbinii vs Dr Positivity*

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,168

2023 East Cross-Standings Draft - SF1 - Colbinii vs Dr Positivity* 

Post#1 » by durantbird » Sun Jun 4, 2023 5:50 am

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups. Please ensure you give a rationale for your vote; votes with no explanation will not be counted.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 3 votes advances.**

Colbinii wrote:

Dr Positivity wrote:
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,826

Re: 2023 East Cross-Standings Draft - SF1 - Colbinii vs Dr Positivity 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:46 pm

Player Year FGA
Dwyane Wade 2006 18.8
James Posey 2006 5.9
Paul George 2014 17
Charles Oakley 1993 4.9
Kyle Lowry 2019 11.4
Kyle Korver 2015 8
Dikembe Mutombo 2002 8
Rashard Lewis 2009 13.8

Total FGA 87.8

Rotation
PG Kyle Lowry (36) Dwyane Wade (12)
SG Dwyane Wade (28) Kyle Korver (20)
SF Paul George (38) James Posey (10)
PF Rashard Lewis (34) James Posey (14)
C Dikembe Mutombo (34) Charles Oakley (14)

Offensive Philisophy

We have the capabilities of spreading the floor, attacking mismatches against my opposition.

Defensive Philosophy

We have elite defenders all over [even Rashard is an excellent defender] with Posey/Oakley off the bench as elite defensive pieces.

Lowry -> Price
Wade -> Durant
Lewis -> Ariza
George -> Erving
Mutombo -> Laimbeer/Rodman [whomever is starting, even though Laimbeer plays more center minutes]
Posey -> Durant/Erving
Korver -> Redick/Hill
Oakley -> Laimbeer/Rodman

Overall
-We have 2 dynamic-wing defenders in Wade/PG13 who can defend Durant/Erving as well as any team here while they can both take advantage of the defense not being elite on the opposition with Ariza/Durant/Erving, Redick off the bench and then Price being there for mismatch hunting
-Lowry's strength and size is well-suited to man-handle Price and make things difficult for him on-ball
-Mutombo is an excellent back-line while our opposition has no back-line with neither Rodman nor Laimber being elite rim protectors
-Rashard Lewis is a significantly better floor spacer and shooter at the 4 than Ariza is at the 2, which means our offense is going to be significantly more open, especially with 2 40% 3P shooters in Korver/Posey off the bench compared to young Redick, Old Hill and Rodman
-2022 Durant isn't going to scare anyone like his younger form and he lost a lot defensively following his injuries
-A lack of rim protection and worse defenders really puts my team at an advantage
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,532

Post#3 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Jun 4, 2023 3:52 pm

PG: Mark Price (1992: 12.5 FGA)
SG: Trevor Ariza (2013: 8.1 FGA)
SF: Julius Erving (1981: 18.6 FGA)
PF: Kevin Durant (2022: 20.3 FGA)
C: Bill Laimbeer (1990: 9.7 FGA)

PG/SG: George Hill (2020: 6.4 FGA)
SG: JJ Redick (2010: 6.7 FGA)
PF/C: Dennis Rodman (1996: 4.8 FGA)

87.1 / 88

PG: Mark Price (38) / George Hill (10)
SG: Trevor Ariza (22) / JJ Redick (16) / George Hill (10)
SF: Julius Erving (38) / Trevor Ariza (10)
PF: Kevin Durant (38) / Dennis Rodman (10)
C: Bill Laimbeer (32) / Dennis Rodman (16)

GL Colbinii

Defensive matchups: Price on Lowry, Ariza on Wade, Erving on George, Durant on Rashard, Laimbeer on Mutombo

- We have the overall talent advantage with 2 of the 3 best players in Erving/Durant and as effective a supporting cast as Wade/George's including a quality 3rd offensive all-star in Price.

- I disagree with Colbinii about him having a shooting advantage, my team has more. Wade and Erving are both non 3pt shooters, but my other 4 starters all have 3pt range, while he is starting another non spacer in Mutombo instead of Laimbeer, who will play a key role stretching out Mutombo. Price/Ariza/Durant is also a better shooting trio than 19 Lowry/George/Rashard. His bench has better shooting due to Oakley's minutes vs Rodman, and Korver being better than Redick, but I believe it doesn't cancel out the starting lineup advantages.

- Wade is both too short to guard Durant and as he is playing 40 minutes and has a huge role on offense (including being the backup PG), that expenditure will hurt him on that end. We're not that worried about Price on D against the 14ppg 2019 version of Lowry. While Ariza is a little tall for Wade matchup, with his late 20s athleticism I think he can do ok. (Dr. J gets a few minutes on Wade to make up the minute difference between Wade/Ariza, ftr)

- His depth has been a calling card, but I believe mine is just as good with an elite backup big in Rodman who can be as valuable as peak Korver, with Hill and Redick pretty solid 7th and 8th men. Hill gives me a backup ballhandler that his team doesn't have.

Since he doesn't have the same shooting or depth advantages that he did against previous teams, I believe my overall talent level gives me the win here.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#4 » by migya » Sun Jun 4, 2023 4:43 pm

Interesting matchup. In short, I don't like early career PG, he defends but his scoring is lackluster and inefficient. Wade having to defend Durant I think is a mistake and though he'd scour big here, Durant and Erving is too big of a twosome. Mutombo is good but old and on his last legs and Laimbeer is not really better either. Price is better than Lowry and a good fit with Durant and Erving. Not a fan of Rodman's role here as Center but it works enough with low scoring bigs against him.

Vote Dr.P
durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,168

Post#5 » by durantbird » Sun Jun 4, 2023 5:39 pm

I feel like Dr Positivity matches up better here and Durant 22' is still elite - Wade is not the ideal answer for him. Colbinii has his own downgrades with George 14', Mutombo 02' and Lowry 19' over 18'. Overall I think Dr P has strong top end talent that isn't worse than Colbinii's but has a more favorable matchup.

Vote Dr P
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,787

Post#6 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Jun 4, 2023 6:28 pm

Tough matchup for Colbinii as he doesn't quite have the right personnel to effectively guard both KD and Doc. I also see the wrinkle of Laimbeer's shooting making Deke uncomfortable compared to the task of defending orthodox post-up bigs like in the previous rounds.

Vote: Dr Positivity
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,532

Re: 2023 East Cross-Standings Draft - SF1 - Colbinii vs Dr Positivity* 

Post#7 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Jun 4, 2023 7:33 pm

GG

Return to Trades and Transactions Games