Doc Rivers Draft R1 - Snakebites* vs. goober

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,992

Doc Rivers Draft R1 - Snakebites* vs. goober 

Post#1 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:53 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups. Please ensure you give a rationale for your vote; votes with no explanation will not be counted.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 3 votes advances.**
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,971

Re: Doc Rivers Draft R1 - Snakebites vs. goober 

Post#2 » by goober » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:30 pm

Tyrese Maxey(40)/Terance Mann(8)
Tracy McGrady(40)/Terance Mann(8)
Paul Pierce(40)/Dennis Rodman(8)
Bobby Portis(28)/Dennis Rodman(20)
Patrick Ewing(40)/Ben Wallace(8)

2007-2008 Paul Pierce 13.6
2002-2003 Tracy McGrady 24.2
1987-1988 Patrick Ewing 14.4 FGA
1995-1996 Dennis Rodman 4.8 FGA
2021-2022 Tyrese Maxey 13.3 FGA
2005-2006 Ben Wallace 5.7 FGA
2019-2020 Bobby Portis 8.9
2019-2020 Terrance Mann (1.9) 3.0 FGA

87.9 FGA

Write up:

I have an explosive offense with a great defensive bench and defensive anchors in Patrick Ewing, Dennis Rodman, and Ben Wallace. You will see 48 minutes of elite rim protection at the center position and one of the greatest wing defenders of all time in Dennis Rodman.

Tracy McGrady will take much more advantage of James Harden rather than Vice Versa. Starting lineups are very similar, however I think my bench is much better with two all time great defensive players.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,981

Post#3 » by Snakebites » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:13 am

PG: Patrick Beverley 16-17 (All Defensive 2nd) 8.1 FGA
SG: James Harden 17-18 (MVP) 20.1 FGA
SF: Kawhi Leonard 16-17 (All NBA, Defensive First) 17.7 FGA
PF: James Posey 03-04 9.4 FGA
C: Moses Malone 82-83 (MVP, Finals MVP) 16.7 FGA

B: JJ Reddick 09-10 6.7 FGA
B: Charles Oakley 91-92 4.9 FGA
B: Dewayne Dedmon 21-22 4.3 FGA

Beverley (32)/Harden (16)
Harden (23)/Reddick (25)
Leonard (39)/Posey (9)
Posey (25)/Oakley (23)
Moses (39)/Dedmon (9)

Alrighty, lets do this.

I think I've got the most talented big-3 in this game, guys like Posey (in his peak form- he averaged nearly 14 PPG on terrific shooting and efficiency while being a plus defender) and Beverley (also in top starter Houston form) both in better versions that we usually see in these games serving as terrific complementary pieces.

My bench while not remarkable is servicable and complements what I need relative to what is starting, with Oakley giving me a big body at the 4 to balance out the more perimeter based approach when Posey is out there.

Harden and Kawhi are the best scoring tandem in this game and complement one another perfectly, while Moses cleans up the glass and serves as a terrific complement in the low post. He may not be the perfect pick and roll complement to a Harden/Kawhi pace and space style offense, but I think he gets enough good looks under the basket thanks to the terrific spacing to still be extremely effective.

Rodman and Big Ben are of course the most talented bench pieces in this game, but I think it doesn't do much good if Ben is only playing 8 minutes per game. Furthermore, those 8 minutes with he and Rodman on the floor together are really going to hurt offensively. I also don't view Rodman as a 3 in these games, especially not by the time he was playing for the Bulls when he'd bulked up considerably at the cost of some of his defensive versatility.

I think Harden and Kawhi are going to have great series here, as goober doesn't have high end perimeter defenders to match up against them (while I have Pat Bev and Kawhi to take Maxey and TMAC respectively). He also has pre-prime versions of both Maxey and Ewing, which I think puts the high end talent more squarely in my wheelhouse- I've got the two best players in this matchup and 3 of the four best players in the matchup too- I don't think goober has enough to contest that.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:40 am

After a promising start with T-Mac/Pierce/Ewing, I really don't love how goober filled out the roster. While Rodman and Ben are great values in a vacuum, they create too many offensive issues as a bench tandem. Portis is a horrific defender who has no business starting in these games, especially the pre-Bucks iteration. Sophomore Maxey is a dynamic scorer but the rest of his game (specifically as a defender and playmaker) is still very much in development at this stage. Throw in pre-prime Ewing and rookie Mann, and there are just far too many holes to compete with a team like Snake's.

Vote: Snakebites
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,981

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:45 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:After a promising start with T-Mac/Pierce/Ewing, I really don't love how goober filled out the roster. While Rodman and Ben are great values in a vacuum, they create too many offensive issues as a bench tandem. Portis is a horrific defender who has no business starting in these games, especially the pre-Bucks iteration. Sophomore Maxey is a dynamic scorer but the rest of his game (specifically as a defender and playmaker) is still very much in development at this stage. Throw in pre-prime Ewing and rookie Mann, and there are just far too many holes to compete with a team like Snake's.

Vote: goober

Hmm.

Most of the post looked like you were voting for me, but then BAM.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:58 am

Snakebites wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:After a promising start with T-Mac/Pierce/Ewing, I really don't love how goober filled out the roster. While Rodman and Ben are great values in a vacuum, they create too many offensive issues as a bench tandem. Portis is a horrific defender who has no business starting in these games, especially the pre-Bucks iteration. Sophomore Maxey is a dynamic scorer but the rest of his game (specifically as a defender and playmaker) is still very much in development at this stage. Throw in pre-prime Ewing and rookie Mann, and there are just far too many holes to compete with a team like Snake's.

Vote: goober

Hmm.

Most of the post looked like you were voting for me, but then BAM.

It was a mistake.
uberhikari
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,869

Post#7 » by uberhikari » Sat Feb 3, 2024 9:40 am

I agree with Fade. In addition to all this, goober doesn't appear to have a viable defensive strategy, and that's saying something on a team with Ewing, Rodman, and Wallace. Snakebites has a defensive balance that goober doesn't have even if you try and target Harden because Harden is surrounded by Beverley, Kawhi, and Posey. T-Mac, Maxey, and Portis are defensive liabilities with no solution. Even if I feel like Kawhi & Harden and Moses somewhat have anti-synergy it doesn't matter here. Vote: Snakebites
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:28 am

2-0 Snake

Larry_Russell wrote:.

Dr Positivity wrote:.

flaco wrote:.

durantbird wrote:.
durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,265

Post#9 » by durantbird » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:31 pm

I'll vote Snake. I prefer the coherence of his team over some of the downgrades for goober, especially Ewing, and also Maxey, Portis and Mann given his role.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:51 pm

Snakebites advances

Return to Trades and Transactions Games