Shaq Franchises Draft - CHAMPIONSHIP - MadNess** vs Larry_Russell

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,170

Shaq Franchises Draft - CHAMPIONSHIP - MadNess** vs Larry_Russell 

Post#1 » by durantbird » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:36 am

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 3 votes wins the championship**

Larry_Russell wrote:

MadNess wrote:
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: Shaq Franchises Draft - CHAMPIONSHIP - MadNess vs Larry_Russell 

Post#2 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:18 pm

PG: Tim Hardaway (1996-97) 17.1
20.3ppg, 3.5rpg, 8.6apg, 2spg, 34.5% on 7.3-3pta
MVP-4, All NBA 1st, All Star

SG: Kobe Bryant (2007-08) 20.6
28.3ppg, 6.3rpg, 5.4apg, 1.8spg, 0.5bpg, 36% on 5.1-3pta
MVP, DPOY-5, All NBA 1st, All Defense 1st, #1 points, All Star

SF: Shane Battier (2012-13) 5
6.6ppg, 2.3rpg, 1apg, 0.6spg, 0.8spg 43% on 4-3pta

PF: Chris Bosh (2013-14) 12.1
16.2ppg, 6.6rpg, 1.1apg, 1spg, 1bpg, 34% on 3-3pta
All Star

C: Dwight Howard (2009-10) 10.2
18.3ppg, 13.2rpg, 1.8apg, 1spg, 2.8bpg
MVP-4, DPOY, All NBA 1st, All Defense 1st, #1 FG%, RPG, BPG, DWS, DBPM, All Star

PG: Brian Shaw (1999-00) 4.4
4ppg, 3rpg, 2.7apg, 0.5spg

SG/SF: Kyle Korver (2017-18) 6.6
9.2ppg, 2.3rpg, 1.2apg, 0.5spg, 0.5bpg, 43.6% on 5.2-3pta

PF/SF: Lamar Odom (2010-11) 10.9
14.5ppg, 8.7rpg, 3apg, 0.6spg, 0.7bpg, 38.2% on 2.2-3pta
6MOTY

PG: Hardaway (38) / Shaw (10)
SG: Kobe (38) / Korver (7.5) / Shaw (2.5)
SF: Battier (26) / Odom (14) / Korver (8)
PF: Bosh (28) / Odom (20)
C: Howard (38) / Bosh (10)

86.9/88

Defense.
We will just stick with a man to man defense here.

Kobe wants Ray Allen. I cannot stop that. And my top level, top 5 in DPOY voting sg will do a great job here. HE is bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic and Ray and will make him work the whole game

Timmy H will take on Kevin Johnson. We are sagging off of him daring him to shoot. With his sub 10% 3pt shooting this is the play here. We will clog that middle up with Timmy sagging back off KJ by feet. This lets the very quick handed and quick footed Hardaway play spots, draw charges and get his hands into passing lanes.

Battier/Odom will take on Dudley and Worthy. When worthy is on the floor we are again going to sag off. Worthy did not shoot 3 pointers at all, so we again will look to clog the lane up and make the game muddy for ness here. Now there is 2 defenders near the paint that will hurt both Worthy and KJs games as they are both predicated on driving the ball.

Howard will match with Nance. Another rim runner, dunker, nance wasnt much of a floor spacer outside of the midrange and he never attempted any shots from distance. This allows Howard to again play within a step from the paint which lets him use his lightning reflexes to protect the rim should KJ or Worthy happen to get around their defenders.

Bosh will take on Garnett. Bosh will be taking on Boston version of KG here. A great player, but less of a scorer in Boston. Mostly midrange - 3pt shooting. Bosh will matchup well here with similar size, speed. Bosh actually did quite well against KG In his career here
https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/chris_bosh_vs_kevin_garnett.htm

Bosh always got up for the challenge against KG and they had some great matchups. And this is with arguable peak Chris Bosh who averaged his most efficient offense and some of the best defense of his career.

My defense is excellent.

Offensively, I have loads of talent here.
My Trio of Kobe, Howard and Timmy are as clkose to unguardable as is gets. Hardaway posses elite speed and handle and has range out to and including the 3pt line. Kevin Johnson is not a great defender here and this will get exposed by Hardaway.

Kobe is Kobe, and I have to assume that Dudley and Cooper will guard him, but if Ray or Worthy get tasked here then that is a big mistake as neither have the chops to defend Kobe. Cooper and Dudley are better equipped, but MVP Kobe is still going to score.
Most people agree that Kobe is the closes thing to Jordan we have seen in a long time, and looking at Jordans stats when defended by Cooper can give you an idea of how Kobe would perform. Jordan did 31.5ppg, 6apg, 5.5rpg against Cooper in his career, even if Kobe gave 80% of that would be 26ppg, 4.5rpg, 4.8apg. I see Kobe having to work hard, but I still see him doing his.

Howard has a big size and athletic advantage in the front court here against KG, an elite defender, but truly not a real defender for Howard as that job fell to Perkins whenever the 2 teams met.

Bosh, Battier, Odom, Korver all give me superior spacing from my role players who all will feed of the gravity my big three create.

I believe I have a elite level offense and defense here and that should power me through to a win.

GL Ness
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#3 » by MadNESS » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:02 pm

PG: Kevin Johnson (36) | Michael Cooper (12)
SG: Ray Allen (36) | Michael Cooper (12)
SF: Jared Dudley (18) | James Worthy (30)
PF: Larry Nance (36) | Kevin Garnett (12)
Cc: Kevin Garnett (28) | Bill Walton (20)

07’-08’ Kevin Garnett - 13.9
DPLOY | All NBA 1 | All NBA D 1 | Champ | MVP 3

07’-08’ Ray Allen - 13.5 FGA
All Star | Champion | 40% 3’s

87’-88’ Michael Cooper - 7.9 FGA
All NBA D 1 | Champion | DPOY (6)

88’-89’ Kevin Johnson - 13.9 FGA
All NBA 2 | MIP | MVP (8) | 20/12/1.7

85’-86’ Bill Walton - 5.1 FGA
6MOTY | Champion

88’-89’ Larry Nance - 12.6 FGA
All Star | All NBA D1 | MVP (13) | 2.8 BPG

09’-10’ Jared Dudley - 6.0
6MOTY (11) | 46% 3’s | 3 & D Glue Guy

86’-87’ James Worthy - 14.7
All Star | Champion

Total: 87.6 | 88.0

Attack with a downhill point guard on offense with shooters on the wings and athletes for the bigs. We can space, we can run, we can half court when needed. We have multiple defensive anchors and the deepest bench in the draft. Champions everywhere. All stars everywhere. Basically if you don’t have accolades you ain’t on my team (other than Dudley). KG and Ray Allen fit perfectly. KJ is the key here. Nance is an ultra athlete. Coop, Worthy and Walton off the bench is just poetic. Pick your poison with this group.

Write up:

Good luck LR

First and foremost there is 1 basketball!

Kobe and Hardaway could not co-exist. Terrible fit basketball wise and terrible fit personality wise.

Couple that with trying to have Kobe pair with Dwight again which we all actually witness not work. Imagine KG guarding Dwight for a seven game series while butting heads with Kobe :lol:

Plan on having Jared Dudley start on Kobe, then see a ton of Cooper. Cooper is the perfect defender for Kobe. Literally the perfect type of defender.

Kobe will also have to chase around Ray Allen for 36 minutes. Not a fun task.

Ray Allen will guard Battier who isn’t much of an offensive threat.

KJ will check Hardaway. Good match up both ways, but KJ will push the pace and distribute.

Nance on Bosh and KG on Dwight. KG DPOY is a great cover for Dwight.

Our bench is the best bench in this game. Hands down. Deep. Versatile.

Worthy goes off at 6th man, with no one on LR’s team who can match that.

Off peak Shaw, off peak Korver, weak bench other than Odom.

We push push push like all our other match ups and run this team in the ground. Everyone except TH3 likes to play half court. We should be able to push the pace and play our game against these guys.

Vote NESS!
LAKESHOW
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,801

Post#4 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:21 pm

Both teams have a lot of bases covered here. The big man battle should be fascinating; Dwight may struggle as a scorer against KG, but he also makes it tough for KJ, Worthy, and the two bigs to finish around the rim. I like Kobe here as a primary option over anyone on Ness's team, and outside of Coop the individual covers for him aren't incredible. Bosh is a key factor here as a big whose shooting can help open up the lane for Kobe and Hardaway.

Vote: Larry_Russell
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,551

Post#5 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:45 pm

Bad matchup for MadNESS but I still like his team more with the Hardaway/Kobe combo and Kobe/Dwight in real life having ok fit. Dwight could struggle against KG's defense. I'll say he sneaks it out with the depth advantage considering his strengths there and Shaw being easily the worst player here. Vote MadNESS.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,031

Post#6 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:29 am

Extreme clash of styles here.

Madness is going to be up and down the court with Allen/KJ/Nance providing athleticism and a nice balance in their fast-break floor games. Larry has Crossover and Kobe complimented with an elite PR finisher and ties his roster together with excellent plug-and-play pieces. Odom ties together the spacing of the team nicely as an off the bench swiss army-knife while Howard's size is unmatched in the match-up.

Ultimately the bench advantage of Worthy/Cooper in their primes is too much to handle while KG orchestrates a defensive clinic next to Walton/Nance in the front-court.

Madness
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by durantbird » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:38 pm

I didn't like initially how MadNess matches up against Larry's backcourt, but with Cooper off the bench he at least has a solid Kobe answer. KG's help defense can be valuable with Howard being a threat mainly close to the basket. Depth advantage is significant with Battier in Miami years being less useful offensively, and Shaw vs Dudley as eighth man.

Vote MadNess
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by durantbird » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:38 pm

MadNess wins this
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#9 » by MadNESS » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:59 pm

durantbird wrote:MadNess wins this

Been a minute. Loved this team. Glad I got this one!
LAKESHOW
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: Shaq Franchises Draft - CHAMPIONSHIP - MadNess** vs Larry_Russell 

Post#10 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:24 pm

Thought my team would put up a better fight.

Cannot complain for the draft spot though.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games