Poll: GM a Team future?

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

What should be done with GM a Team in the future?

Start again with new teams some time in April, then have the draft and free agency around the time that it would be in real life and continue on into 2010
71%
Start again just before the draft and continue on into 2010
29%
Take a few months break, and then continue with the teams that we currently have
No votes

Total votes: 7

skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Poll: GM a Team future? 

Post#1 » by skorff26 » Sat Mar 7, 2009 2:48 pm

Alright, I was wondering what everyone thinks should happen with GM a Team in the future; also if you have any other suggestions post them up and I will add them to the poll.
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Re: Poll: GM a Team future? 

Post#2 » by Gremz » Sat Mar 7, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm a fan of getting a new team. It's been a nice ride but it's getting a bit boring. I'd like a new challenge.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 16,166

Post#3 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Mar 7, 2009 6:45 pm

I wouldn't mind if a new game started up after this one with new teams.
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#4 » by SamBone » Sat Mar 7, 2009 9:02 pm

maybe once we get definite answers and enough GM's we could radomly be assigned a team? I would be willing to take any team when we restart. Actually I would do 2 if allowed or needed
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
skorff26
Analyst

Post#5 » by skorff26 » Sat Mar 7, 2009 10:31 pm

SamBone wrote:maybe once we get definite answers and enough GM's we could radomly be assigned a team? I would be willing to take any team when we restart. Actually I would do 2 if allowed or needed

We let returning players pick teams that they want first, thus you get a team that you actually want to GM. Also, we try to get new GM's involved so then each team is GM'ed by a different person.
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#6 » by SamBone » Sun Mar 8, 2009 12:47 am

I understand. I got Philly because someone gave the team up. I would have no prob keeping them considering I am from Philly so it is neat to rebuild a "fantasy" type team. But it would be equally fun randomly getting assigned a team. Also we would be taking over the teams current rostewr correct? So trade teadline guys(Marion) would be on Toronto, on Miami and even late buyout guys like Gooden will be on the Spurs roster correct? I know both guys would be FA's but that are the first examples that came to my head
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
skorff26
Analyst

Post#7 » by skorff26 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 12:55 am

SamBone wrote:I understand. I got Philly because someone gave the team up. I would have no prob keeping them considering I am from Philly so it is neat to rebuild a "fantasy" type team. But it would be equally fun randomly getting assigned a team. Also we would be taking over the teams current rostewr correct? So trade teadline guys(Marion) would be on Toronto, on Miami and even late buyout guys like Gooden will be on the Spurs roster correct? I know both guys would be FA's but that are the first examples that came to my head

Yeah, when we start it would be the rosters as they are now if we were to start in April, so Gooden would be on the Spurs and Marion on Toronto. We would allow trading of expirings up to the draft so players like Marion could be traded again.
Also, if you want to be assigned a random team; you could just let me know and when there's only a couple of teams left, you could be assigned one of them thus people get who they want, and you get a random team if that's what you want.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games