CAT ROUND 1--- BBHoffa advances

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man
And1: 13

CAT ROUND 1--- BBHoffa advances 

Post#1 » by Sports Arsenal » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:23 am

This will be the thread for the round 1 matchup between bringbackhoffa vs. Arvydas1221
Writeup's will be due Friday.
Once both write up's are in the three judges will vote.
The winners will move on to the next round.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,051

Re: CAT ROUND 1--- BBHoffa vs. Arvydas---Write up's due Friday 

Post#2 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:57 am

New Team Name: Ron Jermey Productions

Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (4M): Guys been around and has had great success in Miami and Orlando. Has turned players like Hedo, and Nelson into all star caliber players, as well as making rashard lewis earn that contract of his. And best of all Dwight Howard loves him.

Assistant Coaches: Flip Saunder (2M):Turned a 26-56 team into a playoff team the next year with KG in Minnisota. Also set the all time single season wins total for the Detroit Pistons with a record of 64-18 in 2006/2007 season.

Assistant Coach: Patrick Ewing (1.5M): great mentor to Dwight Howard and has not recieved the respect he deserves.

Players:
PG-Jason Kidd- 12.5M/Derek Fisher- 4.5M
SG- Kevin Martin- 9M/Raja Bell- 8M
SF- Carmelo Anthony-14.5M/Shawn Marion-6.5M/Pops Mensah Bonsu-.5M
PF-Josh Smith- 10M/Paul Millsap- 1M/Nene-6 M
C- Dwight Howard- 14M/Nene- 6M/Brad Miller-.5M

Total Salary Commited(Coaches, Players): 94.5M

Minute Distribution
PG: Jason Kidd-31/Derek Fisher-17
SG: Kevin Martin-34/Raja Bell- 14
SF: Carmelo Anthony-36/Shawn Marion-12
PF: Josh Smith-28/Paul Millsap-20
C: Dwight Howard-36/Nene-5/Brad Miller-7

VS

Coaches:
Head Coach: George Karl (2 Mill)
Assistant Coach: Don Nelson (.5 MILL)
Assistant Coach: Scott Skiles (1 Mill)

Players:
PG- Tony Parker (11.5 Mill)
SG- O.J. Mayo (4 Mill)
SF- Kevin Durant (4.5 Mill)
PF- Rasheed Wallace (14 Mill)
C- Brook Lopez (2 Mill)
6th Andre Miller (5 Mill)
7th Kenyon Martin (6.5 Mill)
8th Jermaine Oneal (13 Mil)
10th Greg Oden (5Mil)
11th Ronnie Brewer (8 Mil)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off i would like to start of with the coaching staff, i would have to say i have the edge. Stan Van Gundy has had great success with coaching young talent, and with players like Howard,Smith, Martin, and Millsap it is essential. Though i got to say that Arvydas got his coaches at bargain prics so kudoos to him.

Now on to the Head to Head Match Ups

Kidd/Fisher VS Parker/Miller
- All i got to say is WOW these are all great PG's but with numerous championships between them (Fisher, Parker). Kidd provides my team with some veteran leadership as the rest of the starting lineup are still quite young and are learning as they go on. Kidd is MR.Tripple Double, he can go off on nigh, but all we need for him to do is dish the ball, as i do have plenty of players that can score on this team. Fisher was a fifth round pick by me and im glad i made it because he has had great playoff experience and can also provide some veteran leadership off the bench like he did in Utah.

To sum it up i would have to give the edge to Arvydas in this matchup as Tony Parker has established himself to be an elite PG with the help of Tim Duncan, but cant take away from the guys skill.

Kevin Martin/Raja Bell VS O.J Mayo/Ronnie Brewer

Most of you probably dont see Martin play on a continous basis but this kid can flat out play. If only he has some support in Sac Town he would be a show in for all star consideration every year. But on this team he has tons of support and his 25PPG would be put to good use. Raja Bell would be a starter on most team, howver due to the great depth i have i can put him on the bench and provide a spark for the limited minutes he is on the floor.

Overall i would have to the edge to me in this match up as Arvydas combinaiton is just to young and raw and i look foward to getting the ball out of parkers hands and into one of mayo/brewers to try and create some turnovers.

Melo/Marion vs Durant/Martin

DO i even have to say what melo can do, this year he finally has a pg and denver is tearing it up. On this team he is given two great PG so anytime he is on the floor he will be getting great looks and exploiting durant or martin. Marion typically a PF but can play SF, is here just to provide a breather for melo, but his rebounding could be put to use coming off the bench.

Once again i am going to be selfish and take my self in this matchup by a landslide no offence to durant.

Josh Smith/Paul Millsap VS Rasheed wallace/?

Wow i cant to see how wallace can keep up with the pace of smiths and millsaps, but rebounding machines. Smith is a highlight every sngle night and with Dwight next to him he should have so many great looks it will be ridiculus. Millsap has grown into being a great bench player in Utah and i hope he can bring the same intensity comin gof the bench.

I have this match UP theres no quesiton about it old man wallace got nothing on Josh Smith

Howard/Nene/Miller vs Lopez/Oden/O'neil

Superman is the real deal the top center in the league is going to make the lopez twin wish his momma didnt have great genes b/c howard is going to be blocking/rebounding machine, He does get plenty of minutes in this series just so i can add insult to injury i want this series to be a blow out.
Nene and Miller will provide quick breathers for Howard, but i do expect Miller to jack up some threes and catching Lopez/oden unprepared.

Bench in General

I have 5 players who are more then capable of starting and can keepup with anyone on the floor and maybe exert themselves to the fullest since they are playing less then 20 minutes a night compared to 35.

Overall Strategy
Have at least 2 starters on the floor at all times
When it comes to crunch time give the ball to Kidd/Melo or to Howard if hes open down low.
If we need a three point shot, its going to be up to kidd or marin/melo who evers open.
I dont intend on having a fast paced offence, as i belive parker will be able to exploit this and could lead to easy jumpers for arvydas.

Thats it for now i may add more later
VOTE
RON JEREMY PRODUCTION
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/

On the block Monte Morris 40/1
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#3 » by CellarDoor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:48 am

How do you plan to defend Tony Parker? You've got great size on your team, but no one quick enough to stay in front of him. You talked about limiting the pace, but the Spurs are a half-court team presently and he shreds defenses. (Be aware i'm not picking on people, I'm going to attempt to draw out additions to write-ups if I see holes).
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
arvydas1221
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by arvydas1221 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:38 am

le.com
Multiple Scorgasms

Coaches:
Head Coach: George Karl (2 Mill)
Assistant Coach: Don Nelson (.5 MILL)
Assistant Coach: Scott Skiles (1 Mill)

Players:
PG- Tony Parker (11.5 Mill)
SG- O.J. Mayo (4 Mill)
SF- Kevin Durant (4.5 Mill)
PF- Rasheed Wallace (14 Mill)
C- Brook Lopez (2 Mill)
6th Andre Miller (5 Mill)
7th Kenyon Martin (6.5 Mill)
8th Jermaine Oneal (13 Mil)
10th Greg Oden (5Mil)
11th Ronnie Brewer (8 Mil)
12th Al Thornton (.5 Mil)

Minute Distribution
PG- Tony Parker(35)/Andre Miller (13)
SG- O.J. Mayo(30)/Ronnie Brewer (18)
SF- Kevin Durant(38)/Al Thornton(10)
PF- Rasheed Wallace(32)/Kenyon Martin (16)
C- Brook Lopez(26)/Greg Oden(16)/ Jermaine Oneal (6)

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

VS

Players:
PG-Jason Kidd- 12.5M/Derek Fisher- 4.5M
SG- Kevin Martin- 9M/Raja Bell- 8M
SF- Carmelo Anthony-14.5M/Shawn Marion-6.5M/Pops Mensah Bonsu-.5M
PF-Josh Smith- 10M/Paul Millsap- 1M/Nene-6 M
C- Dwight Howard- 14M/Nene- 6M/Brad Miller-.5M

Total Salary Commited(Coaches, Players): 94.5M

Minute Distribution
PG: Jason Kidd-31/Derek Fisher-17
SG: Kevin Martin-34/Raja Bell- 14
SF: Carmelo Anthony-36/Shawn Marion-12
PF: Josh Smith-28/Paul Millsap-20
C: Dwight Howard-36/Nene-5/Brad Miller-7

Overall Strategy
To start we are going to play Howard one on one. Rasheed Wallace and greg Oden will get the most minutes but brook lopez will see time and Oneal, and Martin will be called upon if needed. We feel that we will be able to attack their power forwards as we have a definite size advantage. We will attack Millsap when ever he is on the floor as he is to small to guard Oden, Lopez. or Oneal and he is not fast enough to guard martin or the perimeter game of wallace. We feel that both of their point gards will have trouble staying in front of Tp and this will open up jump shots for mayo, duarant and wallace and also get easy buckets for Lopez and oden when their man comes up to help. We also feel that Kevin Martin will not be able to stay in front of mayo and he will be able to get into the lane at will. This also will open up teammates and cause foul trouble for Ron Jermey Productions.

Kidd/Fisher VS Parker/Miller
Parker is the third best point guard in the game today, put this with his huge amount of playoff/chamionship experience and he is clearly wins this battle against "old man" Kidd. The backup matchup pits Miller vs. fisher. Fisher is mainly a spot up shooter and with no real creater in his backup unit i think he will struggle to get the open jump shots he needs to succeed. Miller will provide us with a good defender and will distribute the ball very nicely.

Kevin Martin/Raja Bell VS O.J Mayo/Ronnie Brewer
We feel marin will struggle as long as we do not have to double Howard. His 42 fg% show he is far fron an efficent scorer and we feel may will be able to stat at home and will be able to keep him in check. We feel that Martin will not be able to stay infron of mayo and with his above average passing ability will open up opertunity for the rest of the team. Ronnie brewer will be counted on to play D on Melo an possibly Josh Smith when needed. We feel that he is able to do this and provides a better/more effiecetn scoring option than Bell.

Melo/Marion vs Durant/Thornton
Durant was given poster board material when he heard that the coach of Ron Jeremy Productions said that he was going to "take my self in this matchup by a landslide". Durant will be out ot prove himself in his first paloff matchup. he will benift greatly off of the speed advatage we have at both starting guard spots and will use his 42% three point percentage to make the defense pay. We will also exploit that our best player is alos a 87% free throw shooter at the end of games.

Josh Smith/Paul Millsap VS Rasheed wallace/Kenyon Martin
Wallace may have trouble keeping up with Smith but he is a crafty vet and Smith can not creat for himself very well so we do not feel that wallace will have to much trouble. If wallace can not keep up with smith we have the luxuary of have durant or Ronnie brewer to put on him. We do not feel that Smith will be able to guard any of our bigs in the low post. When they bring millsap in he will struggle with gurading the much taller bigs we have and will not be able to check wallace with his high release point on his turn around jumber in the post and his three point range.

Howard/Nene/Miller vs Lopez/Oden/O'neil
This is a mke or break matchup for us. We have decided to play Dwight straight up as we feel that the three headed monster of Raheed,Oden, and Lopez will be able to contain him while not letting their shooter get open shots. Howard has never/will never seen this many big athletic seven footer in his life. We may use a hack a shaq technique on Howard at the end of games to exploit his 59% free throw shooting ability.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#5 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:57 am

Nice Write Up Arvdas here are some rebutels

Though Martin has a 42 per cent field goal percentage mayo is onbly shooting 43% on pretty good young team while martin is playing on a team where he has to create his own shots and carry the team on his shoulder while in Memphis Mayo has the help of Gay, and Gasol. What you also may not know is that Martin is a 41 % three point shooter so he can streatch defences as well.

And on to you not double teaming Howard, here are some stat lines when he played Detroit, New Jersey, and Portland and WAS double teamed

Detroit: 22PPG and 15RPG on 56%FG and 2.3 BPG (3 Games)
Rasheed PPG in 3 games against orlando: 8.3PPG, 5.6RPG on 30 FG%

SO lets just say Wallace by himself is no match against Howard

New Jersey: 21PPG(due to one game he had limited minutes and only scored 7 points), 13RPG,
69%FG, 2BPG

And in the 1 game Greg Oden played against Orlando he had just 2 points and 1 Rebound and 4 Fouls in just 11 Minutes so you know he cant guard Dwight as Oden is late on his assignment and has to commit the foul while dwight is going for the easy deuce.

Now let me get to Millsap who has played serious minutes on a top western conference team while carlos boozer was out of the lineup
In 37 games started this season Millsap had 15.8PPG and 9.6RPG, while winning both his games n detroit with a high of 24PPG and 15 Rebounds in one of those games

Against denver Utah was 3-2 being 2-1 while Millsap was in the starting lineup, so say martin can out run him and be successful is far from the truth. As well you have to remember that i have shawn marion at the 3 spot so there is no reason at all that they cant do an offense/defence switch on their man as Shawn Marion is really a PF, and has plenty of speed and rebounding athletism.

For your comments about durant stepping it up against melo, if he cant win in the regular season what makes u think he can win in the playoffs. Your thinking is that he has more to play for in the playoffs, BUT every single Player has more to play for and will be giving twice as much. and from what im seeing melpo doing this season with a great PG(billups) i can see him doing with Kidd.

and to cellars comments

Jason Kidd and the dallas mavericks were 2-2 against the spurs this yr with kidd only reallly having 1 really bad game against them, parker was on his game in all four games but, just because you are the leading scorer does not mean that u are being efficent he was below 45% shooting in most of those games.

To make sure that i can maintain his quickness and make sure he doesnt get any easy buckets i will be having Martin come and force the double, making him dish the ball to mayo. Mayo likes to drive the ball and with Dwight down low he will think twice before he does this and will have to spot up and shoot which i will let him do because he isnt that great of a shooter.

and about the benches

you have only have 3 players that have been in the playoffs more then once and with JO barely able to run the floor i dont see him being effective at all in this series. and none of those players have won a ring,

Ron Jeremy Productions has tons of playoff experience on its bench with all 6 of the players making the playoffs, with one of them being a 3 time NBA champion. Greg Oden has yet to prove he is even a first round draft pick let alone the first overall pick.

Moving on to ur minute distribution i dont see how rasheeds legs will hold up in a 7 game series playing over 30 mins a game.

Im tired of writing now and better get back to studying for my exam

all i can say is Good luck arvydas
but i have to take myself in 5 games due to the experience factor as well as depth. AND the most important part is COACHING where i believe i have a great advantage when it comes to the X's and O's.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/

Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Sports Arsenal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:53 am

Arvydas- There is a lot of inexperience in your lineup ( Lopez,Mayo,Durant), while you are facing up against a team that has a nice combination of youth and savvy veterans. How do you plan to overcome this?
arvydas1221
Sophomore

Post#7 » by arvydas1221 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:58 am

Arvydas- There is a lot of inexperience in your lineup ( Lopez,Mayo,Durant), while you are facing up against a team that has a nice combination of youth and savvy veterans. How do you plan to overcome this?

While we do lack some experince in the starting lineup. Our starters have played in a combined 266 playoff games versus their 155 games. Inlcuding 4 championships. three of their starters (Kmart, Dwight, and Josh smith) only have 6, 7, and 14 games experience. While Kevin martin and smith were on some teams that lost alot of games. Most of his playoff experience comes from two guards who play the same position and one of which is only scheduled to play 17 mins a game. Andre Miller, JO and Kenyon have all had a fair amout of playoff experience. Including two finals apperances by Kenyon. Basically my most experienced players are going to see the court alot.

As well you have to remember that i have shawn marion at the 3 spot so there is no reason at all that they cant do an offense/defence switch on their man as Shawn Marion is really a PF, and has plenty of speed and rebounding athletism.

Do you plan to have Millsap guard Durant then?

For your comments about durant stepping it up against melo, if he cant win in the regular season what makes u think he can win in the playoffs. Your thinking is that he has more to play for in the playoffs, BUT every single Player has more to play for and will be giving twice as much. and from what im seeing melpo doing this season with a great PG(billups) i can see him doing with Kidd.

Durant will be motivated by the psoterboard material you gave him by saying that "I take my self in this matchup by a landslide". refering to him versus Melo.

Moving on to ur minute distribution i dont see how rasheeds legs will hold up in a 7 game series playing over 30 mins a game.

I don't know becuase he played 32.2 mins a game this season and has always played more than 30 mins a game.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#8 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:22 am

most of your playoff experience is from Tony Paker who would not have the same success if he wasnt playing with a team with players like Duncan, and Manu.

Then you have rasheed wallace who is just about done as he saw his playing time and most of his offensive categories drop this seasaon.

Your other main playoff experienced guy is KMart who has made the playoffs with New Jersey, and Denver teams that were anchored by JASON KIDD and CARMELO ANTHONY who are both of his opponents in this series.

AND to Jermaine Oneil this guy is coming off multiple surgeries and cannot play any real minutes so i dont see his as a threat at all.

Obviously i would not have milsap on durant i would have melo out there as much as possible against durant. As well millsap can hold himself to the best of the western conference PF as he started almost have the games for Utah this year and was successful in doing so

as well Tony Parker is a great player however he isnt a real distributor of the ball as in his entire career he has NEVER had and average over 7APG for an entire season. Also in 117 playoff games he has only average 4.8APG.

While JKIDD has never averaged under 8 APG after his rookie season. As well he has average 9.2APG and 15.5 PPG in 105 career playoff games, so i beleive he is the perfect dstributor of the ball compared to Parker. So the only reason i can see the Scorgasms keep up with Ron Jeremy Productions is if they shoot 40-50 from the 3 point line.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#9 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:38 am

as well what would u do arvydas if oneil and oden got injured in this series as they have seen their fair share of injuries in the last couple of seasons.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/

Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Sports Arsenal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Alright guys the voting period has begun. Good luck to both. Votes will be in by Monday.
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Re: CAT ROUND 1--- BBHoffa vs. Arvydas---Voting has begun 

Post#11 » by Sports Arsenal » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:47 pm

Im going to have to go with Hoffa in 6. I think that his team is very well balanced with young stars and veterans. Also his bench is going to be explosive and provide this team to be able to put up major points when the starters are resting. Another factor was the inexperience on Arvydas team. I do recognize that the team has more combined playoff experience, but 2 out of 5 of your players are rookies, and I just can't see Lopez being able to contain Dwight in a 7 game series.
arvydas1221
Sophomore

Post#12 » by arvydas1221 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Then you have rasheed wallace who is just about done as he saw his playing time and most of his offensive categories drop this seasaon.

Rasheed Wallace
..................MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
03-04 DET 22 30.6 0.431 0.319 0.704 1.5 5.6 7.0 1.8 1.1 2.0 1.32 2.70 13.7 Won NBA Finals
04-05 DET 79 34.0 0.440 0.318 0.697 2.2 5.9 8.2 1.8 0.8 1.5 1.61 3.00 14.5 NBA Finals
05-06 DET 80 34.8 0.430 0.357 0.743 1.1 5.7 6.8 2.3 1.0 1.6 1.06 2.90 15.1 East Conf Finals
06-07 DET 75 32.3 0.423 0.351 0.788 1.2 6.0 7.2 1.7 1.0 1.6 1.25 3.00 12.3 East Conf Finals
07-08 DET 77 30.5 0.432 0.356 0.767 1.1 5.5 6.6 1.8 1.2 1.7 1.12 2.80 12.7 East Conf Finals
08-09 DET 66 32.2 0.419 0.354 0.772 0.8 6.6 7.4 1.4 0.9 1.3 0.89 3.00 12.0 ???????

I don't see where Sheed's stats or minutes have droppeed?

...................MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF .PPG
01-02 NJN 82 37.3 0.391 0.321 0.814 1.6 5.7 7.3 9.9 2.1 0.2 3.49 1.70 14.7
02-03 NJN 80 37.4 0.414 0.341 0.841 1.4 4.9 6.3 8.9 2.2 0.3 3.70 1.60 18.7
08-09 DAL 81 35.6 0.416 0.406 0.819 1.0 5.1 6.2 8.7 2.0 0.5 2.28 2.10 9.0

If you want to compare Kidds stats have fell of more since he last had a significent playoff run.

most of your playoff experience is from Tony Paker who would not have the same success if he wasnt playing with a team with players like Duncan, and Manu.

This is probably true that parker would not have had the plyoff success early in his career without Duncan and Manu but it doesn't change the fact that he was the starting point guard on three championships teams with tons of playoff experience and is now in the prime of his career.

Your other main playoff experienced guy is KMart who has made the playoffs with New Jersey, and Denver teams that were anchored by JASON KIDD and CARMELO ANTHONY who are both of his opponents in this series.

I didn't realize that if you weren't the best player on the team you didn't get any credit for your contributions. Kmart was a huge part of those New Jersey teams that made deep playoff runs.

...................MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF .PPG
01-02 NJN 20 37.5 0.424 0.222 0.691 1.5 4.3 5.8 2.9 1.2 1.2 2.60 4.30 16.8
02-03 NJN 20 38.9 0.453 0.091 0.693 2.5 6.9 9.4 2.9 1.5 1.5 2.90 4.60 18.9
03-04 NJN 11 37.2 0.533 0.000 0.750 2.3 8.7 11.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 2.91 4.50 19.1

By this theory, Fisher, Millsap, Marion, Smith's playoff experience doesn't matter because they were not the "ANCHOR" of the team?
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by Sports Arsenal » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:46 am

Need votes from Jud and Cellar.
Jud wasn't told for sure that he was the judge, so there was a bit of miscommunication there. I was under the understanding that Cellar had told him.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#14 » by CellarDoor » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:41 am

Givin it to Hoffa on the basis of mis-matches at different positions. I think Durant is going to have trouble with Melo's style over a series, Kidd posting up Parker, Rasheed HAVING to guard Smith's speed and quickness isn't his strength, and 42 minutes at C are two rookie Cs, one of which is incredibly foul prone and the other isn't too good at avoiding them either.

I do understand that a couple of those match-ups work both ways (definitely Parker to Kidd), but with Smith and Howard's help D, that's going to be minimized.

Side note: sorry i'm getting in just under the wire, I recorded the bulls game, only into the 4th right now!
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...

Return to Trades and Transactions Games