HELP, Please: All-NBA Team Official Voting Results (Actual Total Number Of Selector's Voting & Total Votes For @ Player)

Moderator: Doctor MJ

Pablo Novi
Senior
And1: 233

HELP, Please: All-NBA Team Official Voting Results (Actual Total Number Of Selector's Voting & Total Votes For @ Player) 

Post#1 » by Pablo Novi » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:29 pm

I'm looking for the actual Selector's Vote counts totals for each player, each year as far back as available from the '83 season and earlier for the NBA, ABA & NBL (i.e., I have this info for all seasons starting with the 1983-84 (84) season onwards to '15)). Got a link?

To be clear, I'm NOT looking for the results of those actual vote counts, i.e., the names of the players who got enough votes to get the honors for All-NBA (ALL-ABA, All-NBL) 1st-Team, 2nd-Team & 3rd-Team (I've got this); but instead the actual voting by the Selectors (don't need the Selector's names, just the vote counts; how many Selectors there were that year & the total number of votes received by @ player @ year). Such vote counts would include the number of votes received by all players who did NOT get enough to qualify for the ALL-NBA (ALL-ABA, ALL-NBL) 1st-Team, 2nd-Team, or, when applicable, 3rd-Team.

Thanx,
Pablo

N.B. iirc, once in using Google I ran across a link to RealGM on this topic; but even IF I did, I wasn't a member then and so couldn't actually access the page. Since I've become a RealRM member; if it's true I did find it once before; I can no longer find it on Google or here. I may also once have downloaded a file (Excel?) that contained this information; but if I did, I can no longer find it on my computer. (Yikes! How's that for owning-up to sloppiness on my part?)

I've been doing an historical analysis of this question; but the incomplete info stops me from finishing it. If/when I get the missing info - I'll post it FIRST to RealGM, here in this Forum.
Pablo Novi
Senior

Re: HELP, Please: All-NBA Team Official Voting Results (Actual Total Number Of Selector's Voting & Total Votes For @ Pla 

Post#3 » by Pablo Novi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:12 pm

bump (after 15 months)
Doesn't anybody know where I can get this information?
DQuinn1575
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Re: HELP, Please: All-NBA Team Official Voting Results (Actual Total Number Of Selector's Voting & Total Votes For @ Pla 

Post#4 » by DQuinn1575 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:14 am

I can find totals in some years (like 1982) but only for players who made the teams, not any voting for others. I do have some years voting for the all-league teams picked by the sporting news. Not sure if you are interested in either.
Pablo Novi
Senior

Post#5 » by Pablo Novi » Mon Jan 8, 2018 2:22 pm

DQuinn1575 wrote:I can find totals in some years (like 1982) but only for players who made the teams, not any voting for others. I do have some years voting for the all-league teams picked by the sporting news. Not sure if you are interested in either.

Thanx for replying. I have ALL the ALL-NBA, ALL-ABA and ALL-NBL 1st-Team, 2nd-Team & 3rd-Team SELECTIONS; anything you might have beyond those RESULTS - particularly from The Sporting News; would be most welcome. Thanx,
Pablo
Bestiz
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Bestiz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:10 pm

I only find information about ALL-stars:
www.insidehoops.com/all-star-voting-results.shtml
I will look for more information.
Maybe I can find more info about it.
-Bestazy
"I love you the more in that I believe you had liked me for my own sake and for nothing else."-Bestazy.
Pablo Novi
Senior

Post#7 » by Pablo Novi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Bestiz wrote:I only find information about ALL-stars:
www.insidehoops.com/all-star-voting-results.shtml
I will look for more information.
Maybe I can find more info about it.
-Bestazy

Thanx Bestazy.
I've done tons of Google searches - but perhaps you'll catch something I missed?
Pablo Novi
Senior

Post#8 » by Pablo Novi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:11 pm

DQuinn1575 wrote:I can find totals in some years (like 1982) but only for players who made the teams, not any voting for others. I do have some years voting for the all-league teams picked by the sporting news. Not sure if you are interested in either.

I TRIED to review TheSportingNews site & archive - but didn't make any head way. I AM interested in what you found. (Perhaps, you could find where they list the ANNUAL voting results - something I just couldn't find)?

Thanx for the reply.
Pablo

Return to Statistical Analysis