Site for relative offensive and defensive ratings?

Moderator: Doctor MJ

Max123
Junior
Posts: 307
And1: 117
Joined: Feb 26, 2021
 

Site for relative offensive and defensive ratings? 

Post#1 » by Max123 » Sun Mar 7, 2021 10:01 pm

Hey,

Just wondering whether there is a site that I can access to look at relative offensive and defensive ratings across eras?
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 66,316
And1: 49,979
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Site for relative offensive and defensive ratings? 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 1:39 am

Max123 wrote:Hey,

Just wondering whether there is a site that I can access to look at relative offensive and defensive ratings across eras?

The only place I know of currently is BBRs season averages page.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Max123
Junior
Posts: 307
And1: 117
Joined: Feb 26, 2021
 

Re: Site for relative offensive and defensive ratings? 

Post#3 » by Max123 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:52 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Max123 wrote:Hey,

Just wondering whether there is a site that I can access to look at relative offensive and defensive ratings across eras?

The only place I know of currently is BBRs season averages page.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html


Ahh, not quite what I was looking for but thank you anyways. That will be helpful if I ever want to compare a few teams :). Kind of weird that we can't seem to find a page for this as one would think that this information would be compiled somewhere.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 66,316
And1: 49,979
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Site for relative offensive and defensive ratings? 

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:58 pm

Max123 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Max123 wrote:Hey,

Just wondering whether there is a site that I can access to look at relative offensive and defensive ratings across eras?

The only place I know of currently is BBRs season averages page.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html


Ahh, not quite what I was looking for but thank you anyways. That will be helpful if I ever want to compare a few teams :). Kind of weird that we can't seem to find a page for this as one would think that this information would be compiled somewhere.

Ah wait, not sure if this is closer too, but if you go to a team's "Franchise" page it shows it season by season maybe?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHI/

Not exactly sure if that's what you meant either, but sounds like maybe closer.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Max123
Junior
Posts: 307
And1: 117
Joined: Feb 26, 2021
 

Re: Site for relative offensive and defensive ratings? 

Post#5 » by Max123 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:17 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Max123 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:The only place I know of currently is BBRs season averages page.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html


Ahh, not quite what I was looking for but thank you anyways. That will be helpful if I ever want to compare a few teams :). Kind of weird that we can't seem to find a page for this as one would think that this information would be compiled somewhere.

Ah wait, not sure if this is closer too, but if you go to a team's "Franchise" page it shows it season by season maybe?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHI/

Not exactly sure if that's what you meant either, but sounds like maybe closer.

Thank you very much! That's actually exactly what I was looking for. Funny now that I see the page I remember looking at the Mavs rORTG in the early 2000s on their corresponding page. Appreciated.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 66,316
And1: 49,979
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Site for relative offensive and defensive ratings? 

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:33 am

Max123 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Max123 wrote:
Ahh, not quite what I was looking for but thank you anyways. That will be helpful if I ever want to compare a few teams :). Kind of weird that we can't seem to find a page for this as one would think that this information would be compiled somewhere.

Ah wait, not sure if this is closer too, but if you go to a team's "Franchise" page it shows it season by season maybe?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHI/

Not exactly sure if that's what you meant either, but sounds like maybe closer.

Thank you very much! That's actually exactly what I was looking for. Funny now that I see the page I remember looking at the Mavs rORTG in the early 2000s on their corresponding page. Appreciated.

You're welcome, glad that was it!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Statistical Analysis