- Jason Kidd is 3rd all-time with 103 triple doubles. An incredible 20 more times, he's grabbed 10+ rebounds and dished out 10+ assists but missed a triple-double by scoring fewer than 10 points. 35 times, Kidd has scored 10+ points, dished out 10+ assists and grabbed exactly 9 rebounds. Another 15 times, Kidd scored 10+ points, grabbed 10+ rebounds and dished out exactly 9 assists. Pretty crazy.
- 10 times since 1986, a player has recorded a triple-double off the bench, including Detlef Schrempf accomplishing the feat 3 times.
- On November 6, 1987 the Nuggets won a laugher against the Clippers 139-93. Fat Lever started, was only needed for 25 minutes on that particular night but still managed to record a triple-double, the few minutes necessary for a triple-double since 1986.
- 26 times since 1986 has a player recorded a triple-double and played 30 minutes or less. In those 26 games, those players' teams are a perfect 26-0.
- Worst field goal percentage in a triple-double since 1986? 14.3% (1-7 FG) by Isiah Thomas in 1986. Best ever? Bo Outlaw, 100%. 10 points on 4-4 shooting and 2-4 from the line, 14 rebounds and 10 assists.
- Three times, a player has recorded a pseudo-quadruple double with points, rebounds, assists and turnovers. Charles Barkley, Jason Kidd and Fat Lever have accomplished the pseudo-feat.
- Only player since 1986 with a triple-double after turning 40? Karl Malone, 10 points, 11 boards and 10 dimes for the Lakers in 2003.