Welcome To The New Winnipeg Forum

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Welcome To The New Winnipeg Forum 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Wed Jun 1, 2011 11:50 am

Winnipeg Fans,

Welcome to your new RealGM Winnipeg Forum.

As The NHL's impending return to Winnipeg nears, we have set up this forum for everyone to discuss the exciting news.

Veteran Moderator YogiStewart will moderate this forum. He is n outstanding Moderator and i know he will do a great job in getting things going here.

Congratulations to the fans of Winnipeg!
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,384

Re: Welcome To The New Winnipeg Forum 

Post#2 » by YogiStewart » Wed Jun 1, 2011 8:49 pm

First, a kind hello and welcome to all Winnipeggers (current and displaced).

As a long-time Jets fan and former Winnipegger, I'm damn happy that a team's back in Winnipeg. I used to listen to Curt Keilback ball games on 58 CKY (when I was supposed to be studying), sold many 50/50 tickets at the Arena and would wait outside the Arena to get players' autographs 3 hours before the puck dropped. Hell, I'd use fake ID to sneak into Charlie O's to drink and watch games on satellite when I was supposed to be babysitting my 13 year old sister (no idea how they let both of us into that bar).

Let's have some good discussions and if you have any questions, just drop me a PM.

and yes, GO JETS GO! (*insert crappy graphic of hands clapping*)
WpgPage
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#3 » by WpgPage » Thu Jun 2, 2011 4:05 am

Didnt know you were a Winnipeger nice to see you on this forum.... we miss your lovely posts on the Jays board.
We-Are-Lasers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by We-Are-Lasers » Thu Jun 2, 2011 6:05 am

Lets win baby. Winnnnn <3
singh_shady
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,130

Post#5 » by singh_shady » Thu Jun 2, 2011 6:49 am

This needed to be posted somewhere

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#6 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jun 2, 2011 2:49 pm

YogiStewart wrote:First, a kind hello and welcome to all Winnipeggers (current and displaced).

As a long-time Jets fan and former Winnipegger, I'm damn happy that a team's back in Winnipeg. I used to listen to Curt Keilback ball games on 58 CKY (when I was supposed to be studying), sold many 50/50 tickets at the Arena and would wait outside the Arena to get players' autographs 3 hours before the puck dropped. Hell, I'd use fake ID to sneak into Charlie O's to drink and watch games on satellite when I was supposed to be babysitting my 13 year old sister (no idea how they let both of us into that bar).

Let's have some good discussions and if you have any questions, just drop me a PM.

and yes, GO JETS GO! (*insert crappy graphic of hands clapping*)

Didn't realize you used to be from Winnipeg, Yogi. Cheers!

And man, Curt Keilback is the greatest!! I know he did radio for the Moose last year. Any idea on whether TNSE will pick him up to do the Jets games, or are they going to retain the guy who did Coyotes games?

And sadly, Charlie O's is no more, at least by name anyhow. It's now called the Grove. Still a great place to get a drink and watch the game though. If you're ever in town and drop by the Grove, make sure you try the pork belly. It goes great with a beer.
SCF99
Senior
And1: 19

Post#7 » by SCF99 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:49 pm

oh ya Kielback i hope he comes back even if it on the radio
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#8 » by ATL Boy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:46 am

Congrats guys, I was a thrashers fan but have to admit that we here in Atlanta are more preoccupied with Football Basketball and Baseball, I was sad to see our team go but wish the Jets and their fans nothing but the best
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.

Return to Winnipeg Jets