75%
Wizards
25%

Total votes: 12

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,610

Post#141 » by closg00 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:47 am

GhostOfKwame wrote:I'm pretty pissed. No one is getting on EJ enough, atleast not for the right thing... theres is NO excuse for what happened with Blatche, he was doing so many great things, then EJ all of a sudden decides AB is Lance friggon Armstrong and leaves him out there god knows how long... to the point where Blatche went from owning Utah to being so tired he couldn't hold, rebound, or dribble the ball without bobbling it.

I don't wanna hear about no depth, thats complete BS. Pech has played plenty of late, all it that was needed would have been 3 mins of rest a little past midway through the 3rd, and then another 2 mintues at some point in the 4th. The prob is EJ gave him NOTHING untill it was too late, then he still left him out there for the last part of the 3rd and 1st part of the 4th, just dragging around. The game was already OVER by the time he finally gave AB the breather.

For gods sake Eddie, if you'd just gave him 2 or 3 mins late in the 3rd he wouldn't have been ready to colapse! Also, why the F did Haywood sit for so long during that late stretch??? You run him to death, then leave him on the bench FOREVER... give these guys shorter breathers BEFORE they reach this ridiculous state.

WTF was with the Young timing? You don't give him a even a whole sec the whole game in then all of a sudden use him for the second half of the forth???By that time he was probably already feeling shi**y as it looked like he wouldn't see anytime at all. Maybe an bucket or 2 from him in the 1st half would have helped get Stevenson going! Not saying he should've saw a ton of mins, but hell let him give Jamison a breather somewhere in there earlier. And Pech, JUST 3 MINS AT THE RIGHT TIME WOULD HAVE DONE WONDERS FOR BLATCHE! Im just so damn frustrated with EJ right now.

I feel ya. I'm hoping that EJ's rotation management is what gets him fired eventually.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#142 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:49 pm

GhostOfKwame wrote:I'm pretty pissed. No one is getting on EJ enough, atleast not for the right thing... theres is NO excuse for what happened with Blatche, he was doing so many great things, then EJ all of a sudden decides AB is Lance friggon Armstrong and leaves him out there god knows how long... to the point where Blatche went from owning Utah to being so tired he couldn't hold, rebound, or dribble the ball without bobbling it.

I don't wanna hear about no depth, thats complete BS. Pech has played plenty of late, all it that was needed would have been 3 mins of rest a little past midway through the 3rd, and then another 2 mintues at some point in the 4th. The prob is EJ gave him NOTHING untill it was too late, then he still left him out there for the last part of the 3rd and 1st part of the 4th, just dragging around. The game was already OVER by the time he finally gave AB the breather.

For gods sake Eddie, if you'd just gave him 2 or 3 mins late in the 3rd he wouldn't have been ready to colapse! Also, why the F did Haywood sit for so long during that late stretch??? You run him to death, then leave him on the bench FOREVER... give these guys shorter breathers BEFORE they reach this ridiculous state.

WTF was with the Young timing? You don't give him a even a whole sec the whole game in then all of a sudden use him for the second half of the forth???By that time he was probably already feeling shi**y as it looked like he wouldn't see anytime at all. Maybe an bucket or 2 from him in the 1st half would have helped get Stevenson going! Not saying he should've saw a ton of mins, but hell let him give Jamison a breather somewhere in there earlier. And Pech, JUST 3 MINS AT THE RIGHT TIME WOULD HAVE DONE WONDERS FOR BLATCHE! Im just so damn frustrated with EJ right now.

Well maybe not enough people posted stuff like that for your liking but all of that was posted.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#143 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:16 pm

closg00 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I feel ya. I'm hoping that EJ's rotation management is what gets him fired eventually.

Yeah, EG has to pull his hair out most nights. EG is a smart dude. He knows what he has put together. To see the HC blow the line ups has to piss him off. Now he has to find a way to get Songaila out of here because he is EJs new pet. I don't blame EG for wanting him around as insurance because of ET but EJ uses him as more then that.

EJ is fools gold. That is why I was hoping we lost that game to ATL to start the year. We could have been like 0-6 and EJ on the way out. His is mostly non-confrontation offensive assistant. Norn Tunner. Nothing more.

Also, it pisses me off to think how much farther along AB could be if EJ played him more last year. Not giving him any real playoff experience last year when all we had was AJ is reason enough to fire him on that alone. Idiot.

But it's not really EJs fault. He is an assistant. It is the fault of the person who has stuck with him as HC. I don't blame EJ for wanting the job and the money. I almost pulled my hair out listening to his half time interview. All I could think was, he sounds like an assistant. He's smart about what plays are being run and the X's and O's. He just sucks with the timing of the line ups. This is Abe's problem.

Again, EJ is riding everyones coat tails by getting the credit for this teams success. I see it more like this.

EG - he put it together. We have tones a talent.
Ayer - The same players are playing much better D. Even AJ plays D.
Hoops - We shoot better. Now BH is a master FT shooter. Amazing
EJ - offensive coordinator. It's his weave we run.

What we are missing is a HC. Someone who gets match ups. Line ups. Minutes. Momentum. Growing youngs.

That is what's missing. This is why I give EJ so little credit for the wins but most the blame for the losses. Most wins, he is just playing the stars max minutes (EG). Some night the superior talent can over come his crappy line up (EG) or the D saves us (Ayers). With better D ( Ayes) and better shooting from Haywood and others ( Hoops ) we are winning without GA and and even playing well without CB ( EJ max minutes ). But it's his blown line up with Songaila (EJ) and no NY when Mason and DST are cold (EJ) that lead to losses. He found minutes for DMAC who has sucked all year except a few games but no minutes for OP when Songaila has sucked all year.

AB and BH. That was a no brainer all last year and they probably played the less mins together of any combo.

EJ plays a small role in why we are good and a huge role in why we loss and why our players wear down and get injured. You can't keep him here just for the offensive sets. Not at the money he makes so he has to go because he can't get the dame line ups right and he wears down our players.

He has had more then enough time to figure this out. What are we on, year 5 or 6? I have to imagine that his assistants and EG are giving him suggestions and he just doesn't listen. This isn't rocket science.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,964

Post#144 » by nate33 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:27 pm

I mentioned his rotations earlier, but EJ deserves more criticism than that.
Your complaints are spot on Ghost of Kwame. His management of Blatche and Haywood was ridiculous. And he does it all the time.

Every game, he plays Haywood the entire 1st and 3rd, and then forgets about him in the 2nd and 4th, or maybe he brings him back at the 3 minute mark. Every game he rides Jamison and Butler the entire 1st and 3rd, and then leaves one of them on the court for the first 4 minutes of the 2nd and 4th, so that the guy is tongue-dragging tired.

It's not that complicated. Play Haywood for the first 10 minutes and the last six minutes of each half. That's 32 minutes with no long stretches that he can't handle. With the all star forwards, sit one of them with 5 minutes to go in the 1st and 3rd, and sit the other during the first 5 minutes of the 2nd and 4th. That's 38 minutes for each forward, and we keep one of them on the floor at all times.

EJ's problem is that he always seems to "fly by the seat of his pants" with his rotations. That's fine down the stretch when he is trying to go with the hot hand and the best mismatch. But he needs to have a more disciplined rotation earlier in the game so that everyone is fresh in the fourth and he doesn't play a lineup with 5 scrubs at once.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 161

Post#145 » by Wiz99 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:44 pm

We just got beat by a team with a better bench last night.

They had a hot hand (Okur), so did we (Jamison).

They had a young stud in the lineup (Brewer), so did we (BSB).

The difference? Their bench (26 pts) vs ours (4 pts).

Plain and simple.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,610

Post#146 » by closg00 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:39 pm

nate33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I mentioned his rotations earlier, but EJ deserves more criticism than that.
Your complaints are spot on Ghost of Kwame. His management of Blatche and Haywood was ridiculous. And he does it all the time.

Every game, he plays Haywood the entire 1st and 3rd, and then forgets about him in the 2nd and 4th, or maybe he brings him back at the 3 minute mark. Every game he rides Jamison and Butler the entire 1st and 3rd, and then leaves one of them on the court for the first 4 minutes of the 2nd and 4th, so that the guy is tongue-dragging tired.

It's not that complicated. Play Haywood for the first 10 minutes and the last six minutes of each half. That's 32 minutes with no long stretches that he can't handle. With the all star forwards, sit one of them with 5 minutes to go in the 1st and 3rd, and sit the other during the first 5 minutes of the 2nd and 4th. That's 38 minutes for each forward, and we keep one of them on the floor at all times.

EJ's problem is that he always seems to "fly by the seat of his pants" with his rotations. That's fine down the stretch when he is trying to go with the hot hand and the best mismatch. But he needs to have a more disciplined rotation earlier in the game so that everyone is fresh in the fourth and he doesn't play a lineup with 5 scrubs at once.

Co-sign, Seat-of his pants rotation sums it up nicely
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#147 » by fishercob » Sat Feb 2, 2008 11:16 pm

[quote="nate33"][/quote]

Good post, Nate. Well reasoned.
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#148 » by omegatronic3 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:14 am

I was impressed with Blache and Jamison last night. When Haywood and Blache were in together we looked pretty good. THe problem is i think we got winded. I think Pecherove should have gotten a little pt cos Songailla was useless. Pretty impressive that Blache held Boozer without a field goal inthe first half.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#149 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Sun Feb 3, 2008 1:30 am

You know, it's even simpler than that. When the other guys starters go out, you sit your starters. Quit trying to squeeze blood from a stone by leaving your starters in for longer. It doesn't work, they just end up tired in the fourth and tired and banged up in general.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.

Return to Washington Wizards