ImageImageImageImageImage

Am I reading this right? RE: Eddie Jordan Quote

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

One of Shemps Kids
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Am I reading this right? RE: Eddie Jordan Quote 

Post#1 » by One of Shemps Kids » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:34 am

Wizards coach Eddie Jordan wasn't laughing.

He was steamed that 'Melo came back in the game even though the Nuggets were only ahead 94-84 when Anthony checked back into the game with just under 6 minutes left.

"I thought it was very classless to close the game out," Jordan said. "I have my opinion. I can what I want to say. That's what I thought it was."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7778414/Carmelo-nets-career-high-49-in-win?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=73

Uhhhh...is there something here I don't get? Was it a typo, was it 6 seconds instead of 6 minutes?

Any elaboration would be appreciated. Thanks.
Phil Jackson, RealGM MVP
Fan #0001
Members: magicfan4life05, Pats19andO, kookie_819, j-far, tracey_nice
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by yungal07 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:09 am

Only Eddie Jordan knows what Eddie Jordan is thinking...

Honestly, I have no clue what the guy is griping about. A 10-point lead with 6 minutes to go is nothing in the NBA.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#3 » by Dat2U » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:23 am

I agree with yungal. Why is Eddie even whining? It makes no sense. The team as a whole started off the game like they expected to lose by 30. If wasn't for the fact that Denver coasted for large parts of the 2nd & 4th quarter it could have gotten real ugly.

You know what Eddie? Maybe if your supersmart you wouldn't have decided that Andray Blatche could somehow defend Carmelo before the game. Maybe Carmelo wouldn't have had so much confidence to start off the game knowing that he had a PF/C masquerading as a perimeter defender on him. Carmelo toyed with Blatche at the beginning of the season at the Verizon Center. The Wizards and Eddie were basically asking Carmelo to go off by going to that matchup. EJ should just shut up.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,952

Post#4 » by nate33 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:16 pm

Melo came back in at the 5:41 mark and Denver up 11. He stayed in and built the lead back up to 16 at the 4:01 mark. The lead was still 14 when a foul was committed at the 2:11 mark. Perhaps Karl could have pulled Melo then.

Melo hit a layup and then a backbreaker 3 with 1:23 left to Denver up 15. The next break in the action was when Melo got fouled with 1:04 left. Denver was still up 15 after Melo sank the free throws. Karl should probably have pulled him out then, but there was only a minute left. I wouldn't whine about one minute.

I don't think Karl did anything classless.
dorianwrite
Rookie
And1: 273

Post#5 » by dorianwrite » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Considering some of the insane last-minute comebacks the Wizards have pulled off recently (Celtics, Bucks), maybe Karl was actually paying our team a compliment. He keeps the starters in there because he fears a run.

Go Wiz!
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#6 » by MJG » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:18 pm

Please! I've seen more than a few Wizards games where we had double digit lead with only a minute or two left, where the starters (minus Haywood, natch) were still out there.

Denver bringing Anthony back in, up by only eleven with half a quarter remaining, shouldn't even elicit an eyebrow raise, let alone blatant accusations of classlessness.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#7 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:31 pm

He needs to get the sand out of his vagina. I don't see whats wrong with it.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 788

Post#8 » by LyricalRico » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:56 pm

Dat2U wrote:You know what Eddie? Maybe if your supersmart you wouldn't have decided that Andray Blatche could somehow defend Carmelo before the game. Maybe Carmelo wouldn't have had so much confidence to start off the game knowing that he had a PF/C masquerading as a perimeter defender on him. Carmelo toyed with Blatche at the beginning of the season at the Verizon Center. The Wizards and Eddie were basically asking Carmelo to go off by going to that matchup. EJ should just shut up.

:clap:
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,096

Post#9 » by JWizmentality » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:02 pm

Merge with Fire Eddie Thread!!!
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,686

Post#10 » by 80sballboy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:37 pm

You know what Eddie? Maybe if your supersmart you wouldn't have decided that Andray Blatche could somehow defend Carmelo before the game. Maybe Carmelo wouldn't have had so much confidence to start off the game knowing that he had a PF/C masquerading as a perimeter defender on him. Carmelo toyed with Blatche at the beginning of the season at the Verizon Center. The Wizards and Eddie were basically asking Carmelo to go off by going to that matchup. EJ should just shut up.

and who would you have gone with? The great defender Antawn Jamison?
fugop
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#11 » by fugop » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:18 pm

80sballboy wrote:

Yeah, I don't get this criticism. McGuire? Stevenson? I'd have told Blatche to go out and give it a shot too.
Zerocious
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Zerocious » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:46 am

songaila would have shot him down

Edit: shut, not shot, don't need that
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,378

Post#13 » by Kanyewest » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:56 am

It looks like Isiah Thomas was not alone in thinking how the Denver Nuggets run up the score.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#14 » by Dat2U » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:46 pm

80sballboy wrote:
Quote:

fugop wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Yeah, I don't get this criticism. McGuire? Stevenson? I'd have told Blatche to go out and give it a shot too.

You don't think there's been enough visual evidence that tells us Blatche shouldn't be guarding anyone on the perimeter? Much less a all-star quality player in Melo? I don't care if its Jamison, Stevenson or McGuire...they couldn't have been any worse than Blatche in that role.

It's nothing against Blatche, but when is the coaching staff going to fully realize his limitations and stop asking him to defend on the perimeter? He just can't do it. There's not one small forward out there who wouldn't take advantage of the foot speed issue and go right past him, get fouled and/or create an easy scoring opportunity. Blatche is strickly a PF/C prospect. The quicker the coaching staff learns that, the better off the Wizards would be.

Return to Washington Wizards