ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Capitals Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
General Manager
Posts: 9,506
And1: 3,232
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
Contact:
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#301 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:13 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
User avatar
FAH1223
General Manager
Posts: 9,479
And1: 2,638
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#302 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol: :nonono:
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
General Manager
Posts: 9,479
And1: 2,638
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#303 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 am

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
General Manager
Posts: 9,479
And1: 2,638
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#304 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image
gravytrain24
Rookie
Posts: 1,216
And1: 287
Joined: Jan 27, 2016
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#305 » by gravytrain24 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:40 pm

The parade/rally was one of the best experiences I've ever had. It was like 40,000 people, all your friends, just coming together and celebrating. It's been close to week and it still doesn't feel real.
User avatar
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,482
And1: 1,449
Joined: Oct 11, 2004

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#306 » by Rafael122 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:29 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:The parade/rally was one of the best experiences I've ever had. It was like 40,000 people, all your friends, just coming together and celebrating. It's been close to week and it still doesn't feel real.


That seems like a low turnout? I wish this was on a Saturday.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 14,529
And1: 2,122
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#307 » by 80sballboy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Looked like a lot more than 40,000 people when you look at the mall and the streets where the parade was held. Heard anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000.

https://wtop.com/dc/2018/06/all-caps-thousands-expected-in-downtown-dc-for-caps-victory-parade-rally/slide/1/

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 34,595
And1: 3,154
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#308 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:The parade/rally was one of the best experiences I've ever had. It was like 40,000 people, all your friends, just coming together and celebrating. It's been close to week and it still doesn't feel real.


That seems like a low turnout? I wish this was on a Saturday.

Next year, gotta do it on a weekend.
"There's never an armed teacher around when you need one!" - montestewart
gravytrain24
Rookie
Posts: 1,216
And1: 287
Joined: Jan 27, 2016
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#309 » by gravytrain24 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:The parade/rally was one of the best experiences I've ever had. It was like 40,000 people, all your friends, just coming together and celebrating. It's been close to week and it still doesn't feel real.


That seems like a low turnout? I wish this was on a Saturday.

Next year, gotta do it on a weekend.

I forgot to add the extra zero, 400k. It was a great turnout for a Tuesday. It made D.C. feel like it was Saturday afternoon.
User avatar
FAH1223
General Manager
Posts: 9,479
And1: 2,638
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#310 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
Scott Hall
RealGM
Posts: 10,692
And1: 25,977
Joined: May 04, 2015
Location: T-Dot
     

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#311 » by Scott Hall » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm

How big is Hockey in DMV? Where do the Caps fall on the pecking order of Washington sports teams?
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 14,529
And1: 2,122
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#312 » by 80sballboy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Scott Hall wrote:How big is Hockey in DMV? Where do the Caps fall on the pecking order of Washington sports teams?


Tough to say now after the Cup but baseball is stll bigger so it's probably: Skins, Nats, Caps, DC United, Mystics, D.C. AFL team, Terps. DeMatha.....Wizards. :D :D :noway:
User avatar
Scott Hall
RealGM
Posts: 10,692
And1: 25,977
Joined: May 04, 2015
Location: T-Dot
     

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#313 » by Scott Hall » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:26 pm

80sballboy wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:How big is Hockey in DMV? Where do the Caps fall on the pecking order of Washington sports teams?


Tough to say now after the Cup but baseball is stll bigger so it's probably: Skins, Nats, Caps, DC United, Mystics, D.C. AFL team, Terps. DeMatha.....Wizards. :D :D :noway:


Lol Wizards that bad huh?
gravytrain24
Rookie
Posts: 1,216
And1: 287
Joined: Jan 27, 2016
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#314 » by gravytrain24 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 am

80sballboy wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:How big is Hockey in DMV? Where do the Caps fall on the pecking order of Washington sports teams?


Tough to say now after the Cup but baseball is stll bigger so it's probably: Skins, Nats, Caps, DC United, Mystics, D.C. AFL team, Terps. DeMatha.....Wizards. :D :D :noway:

I think you flip flop Nats and caps, but you forgot about the Kastles and the go-go, also both ahead of the wiz.
User avatar
FAH1223
General Manager
Posts: 9,479
And1: 2,638
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#315 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:15 am



Scott Hall wrote:
80sballboy wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:How big is Hockey in DMV? Where do the Caps fall on the pecking order of Washington sports teams?


Tough to say now after the Cup but baseball is stll bigger so it's probably: Skins, Nats, Caps, DC United, Mystics, D.C. AFL team, Terps. DeMatha.....Wizards. :D :D :noway:


Lol Wizards that bad huh?


Wizards are the sleeping giant.

The issue is after the 1979 NBA Finals, the franchise window of winning titles ended and the next franchise level player was never drafted.
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
General Manager
Posts: 9,479
And1: 2,638
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#316 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:06 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 14,529
And1: 2,122
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#317 » by 80sballboy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Trotz is gone. No shocker I guess with the draft coming up on Saturday but two steps forward, one step backwards for Ted.
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23833973/barry-trotz-resigns-head-coach-washington-capitals
gravytrain24
Rookie
Posts: 1,216
And1: 287
Joined: Jan 27, 2016
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#318 » by gravytrain24 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:30 pm

80sballboy wrote:Trotz is gone. No shocker I guess with the draft coming up on Saturday but two steps forward, one step backwards for Ted.
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23833973/barry-trotz-resigns-head-coach-washington-capitals

I wonder if he's going to take the job in Minnesota now. I think he's just going to promote from within for this hire, Lambert probably.
User avatar
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,482
And1: 1,449
Joined: Oct 11, 2004

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#319 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:39 pm

The assistant Reirden is allegedly the head coach in waiting.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 14,529
And1: 2,122
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: The Washington Capitals Thread 

Post#320 » by 80sballboy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:33 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
80sballboy wrote:Trotz is gone. No shocker I guess with the draft coming up on Saturday but two steps forward, one step backwards for Ted.
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23833973/barry-trotz-resigns-head-coach-washington-capitals

I wonder if he's going to take the job in Minnesota now. I think he's just going to promote from within for this hire, Lambert probably.


Or the Islanders. Or he's going to just sit out a year?

Return to Washington Wizards