ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0

Moderators: nate33, LyricalRico, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,192
And1: 8,535
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1021 » by Wizardspride » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=2W08SMFjVmHh70pr3ReNEg&s=19


Read on Twitter
?t=pFMkOa508QdweVhIDf2sNA&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 20,655
And1: 4,353
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1022 » by 80sballboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:21 am

So no thoughts about losing to George Mason. who lost to James Madison in their next game? Barely beating Hofstra at home? Richmond will not be easy in the Bahamas. I hate to say it, but the Terps are a mid-major program right now under Turge. Not giving up, but offense looks offensive and it's so damn slow. If you are going to take out Wahab and play Fatts Russell, run, run, some more.
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,192
And1: 8,535
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1023 » by Wizardspride » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:23 am

80sballboy wrote:So no thoughts about losing to George Mason. who lost to James Madison in their next game? Barely beating Hofstra at home? Richmond will not be easy in the Bahamas. I hate to say, but the Terps are a mid-major program right now under Turge.

There's really nothing to say.

You're correct :D
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,192
And1: 8,535
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1024 » by Wizardspride » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=fjh9yDdw4UovblWvO0SGVQ&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=5En2_KKxt1z0hw1kSPrcmw&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,579
And1: 10,641
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1025 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:07 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
80sballboy wrote:So no thoughts about losing to George Mason. who lost to James Madison in their next game? Barely beating Hofstra at home? Richmond will not be easy in the Bahamas. I hate to say, but the Terps are a mid-major program right now under Turge.

There's really nothing to say.

You're correct :D

It's a little early to give up. They're trying to figure out whether to go big or small. Looks like they're switching to a smaller lineup - as Qudus played only 8 minutes - despite being their most productive big. I'm not going to panic over being an unimpressive 4-1 early in the season. Big 10 teams are usually big and physical, so they may feel like they need to alternate playing big and small based on matchups.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,978
And1: 7,665
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1026 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:21 pm

80sballboy wrote:So no thoughts about losing to George Mason. who lost to James Madison in their next game? Barely beating Hofstra at home? Richmond will not be easy in the Bahamas. I hate to say it, but the Terps are a mid-major program right now under Turge. Not giving up, but offense looks offensive and it's so damn slow. If you are going to take out Wahab and play Fatts Russell, run, run, some more.
Turgeon`s limit as a coach is Scott Brooks-level, bad enough to keep fans underwhelmed and expectations low; while also just competent enough to not be fired.

Mediocre joke coach.
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,978
And1: 7,665
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1027 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:23 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
80sballboy wrote:So no thoughts about losing to George Mason. who lost to James Madison in their next game? Barely beating Hofstra at home? Richmond will not be easy in the Bahamas. I hate to say, but the Terps are a mid-major program right now under Turge.

There's really nothing to say.

You're correct :D

It's a little early to give up. They're trying to figure out whether to go big or small. Looks like they're switching to a smaller lineup - as Qudus played only 8 minutes - despite being their most productive big. I'm not going to panic over being an unimpressive 4-1 early in the season. Big 10 teams are usually big and physical, so they may feel like they need to alternate playing big and small based on matchups.
Qudus averages 17 minutes. Mark Turgeon is worse than Scott Brooks.
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,978
And1: 7,665
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1028 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:51 am

Huge come from behind win

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,579
And1: 10,641
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1029 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:36 pm

Va Tech tomorrow - similarly 5-2. MD's offense has got to start being watchable. It's not like they don't have talent. And seeing Darryl Morsell is tearing it up at Marquette... why are recruits going to keep coming to MD when they play this slow boaring as hell offense, and a guy like Morsell does nothing offensively until he transfers out? Yeah, we play solid D, but Turg doesn't seem to understand anything about coaching offense. Just study how Gonzaga plays... they always have a big team, but that doesn't stop them from running and getting easy baskets. Players and fans enjoy that. Gary Williams understood that. It's been how many years of mediocrity, and Turgeon inexplicably doesn't seem to feel any need to change or adapt.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,978
And1: 7,665
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1030 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 1, 2021 6:26 am

Ruzious wrote:Va Tech tomorrow - similarly 5-2. MD's offense has got to start being watchable. It's not like they don't have talent. And seeing Darryl Morsell is tearing it up at Marquette... why are recruits going to keep coming to MD when they play this slow boaring as hell offense, and a guy like Morsell does nothing offensively until he transfers out? Yeah, we play solid D, but Turg doesn't seem to understand anything about coaching offense. Just study how Gonzaga plays... they always have a big team, but that doesn't stop them from running and getting easy baskets. Players and fans enjoy that. Gary Williams understood that. It's been how many years of mediocrity, and Turgeon inexplicably doesn't seem to feel any need to change or adapt.
Morcelle is going to be in the NBA and you know that that was a voice translation error

I think Mark turgeon is a bit of a con man. He intentionally **** up the beginning of the year during the non-conference schedule because he knows the only thing that really matters is the conference play and whether he makes it to the big dance

And the first game is almost always a gimme in the ncaas

How much millions does that mother make???

Big game tomorrow I will look at the rosters thanks for posting Ruzious
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,978
And1: 7,665
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1031 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 2, 2021 2:29 am

Turgeon sucks.

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,579
And1: 10,641
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1032 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 2, 2021 4:10 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Turgeon sucks.

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app

1 of 13 from 3. Their offense is painful to watch - with no direction.

But Reese is gonna be real good. By the end of the year, he should be their best player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,978
And1: 7,665
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1033 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 2, 2021 5:47 am

Ju Ju will leave. NBA or the protocol.
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,192
And1: 8,535
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1034 » by Wizardspride » Fri Dec 3, 2021 6:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=6RhpmyAnwr7BS-VMD49thQ&s=19


Read on Twitter
?t=RajLO1o1jPr5vNnFHNEIUA&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=PMOGRyWjQxxSisTJRZ3_dQ&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,978
And1: 7,665
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1035 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 3, 2021 8:09 pm

Wow...didn't see that coming.




Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,579
And1: 10,641
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1036 » by Ruzious » Fri Dec 3, 2021 8:20 pm

***cough***Ahem***cough***cool. :)

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1777460&start=860#p90476252
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,579
And1: 10,641
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1037 » by Ruzious » Fri Dec 3, 2021 8:28 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=6RhpmyAnwr7BS-VMD49thQ&s=19


Read on Twitter
?t=RajLO1o1jPr5vNnFHNEIUA&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=PMOGRyWjQxxSisTJRZ3_dQ&s=19


It's pretty clear that Turgeon didn't think he should have had to change or adapt, and that is probably the biggest reason it was time for him to go. I wish him well.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Halcyon
Veteran
Posts: 2,618
And1: 326
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1038 » by Halcyon » Fri Dec 3, 2021 11:36 pm

They need to nail this hire. I would be so happy if we have WUJ for the Wizards and a competent basketball coach at MD.
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,192
And1: 8,535
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1039 » by Wizardspride » Sun Dec 5, 2021 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=Q38OZO3LMZhfg7JVDKYXWw&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 49,978
And1: 7,665
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 4.0 

Post#1040 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Dec 5, 2021 10:19 pm

Fire Manning!

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.

Return to Washington Wizards